Ended
Watch

The Fairest Tavern

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 2 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last
    A
    Abraham Norton

As Sera attempts to self-depreciate her work, Abraham's face remains impassive. Finally, when she finishes his reply is "So?" Then, realizing it might come off as a bit rude "I mean, so it needs work. That's good. Maybe when you bounce it off of an audience of one you'll get new ideas on how to improve it?" The knight pauses "In any case, I'd love to hear it, finished or not" He will not press it any further if she remains adamant, but come on, with a voice like that reciting a shopping list counts as art.

He nods, happy at the other Fairest understanding "Exactly. Senescence and infirmity are cruel companions, ones that catch up even with the Lost, much as we hate to admit it. So wouldn't it be better, as we hear them beside us, to hold a monumental feast for our friends and go to eternal sleep with a drop of poison, amid laughter and warmth? To choose our own moment, in a final act of defiance?" He realizes it may not sound very like a Spring, but the realization that all new life must end makes enjoying it that much more vital. It's clear that the Flowering has given the topic some thought.

Sera's claps meet with him bowing. That's what makes it all worthwile - an audience of one or a thousand, it's the awe that sweetens life.

The question of whether he misses something from L.A. makes him stop to think "I miss the Thousand Blades, my old motley. As you may know, the Lost population over there is much larger than here, so there was also a lot of work for us, most of which resulted in a host of stories coarse or dramatic, funny or grim... or all those things at once. Other than that, not really. I appreciate the smaller size of our community, it feels much more... familial" He pauses "Have you ever been part of a motley, Sera?"

"Reading and movies?" Always a good tell of what a person is interested in "Do you have a favorite kind?"

Seraphina
    Presence
    (Magnetic)
    Striking Looks
    (Enthralling)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Angelic)
    New Identity
    (Sarah Jones)
    Mantle (Spring)
    (In Mini Sheet)
    Seraphina

Mien

Softly shimmering gold flakes catch the light whenever she moves, delicate gilded gold and diamond scales extenuate the rare greenish blue color of her aquamarine eyes. In the right light, or when her mood changes, her eyes seem to illuminate from within, it’s a very gentle glow. This is the ocean lives in Sera's eyes. The scales trail up to her temples and forehead. Her hair reaches down her back, brushing the ground, spun silver and emerald. Perfectly placed tiny pearls can be seen woven throughout her hair. Very fine diamond dust falls loose from her hair when she moves, reflecting rainbows from the light. The scales on her hands are dulled by the simple fact that her hands are translucent. There is an iridescent scale like skin that pulls delicately up from her ears. The membrane shimmers and has three curly points.
    Seraphina

Fairest

Nix/Treasured
    Mantle

Cherry blossoms gilded in gold bloom from her hair, tumbling down as a warm rejuvenating spring breeze gently kisses the air with the scent of freshly cut grass. The sound of birds singing can be heard as the wildflowers grow and bloom in vibrant colors where she walks, swaying and lively in the breeze.
    Sera's hands and lower legs are translucent while the rest of her has cracks
    Seraphina

Mask
    A fairly tall woman, roughly 5'11 with long, wavy dark brown hair. Her eyes are an intense, deep bright blue, reminding one of sapphires. Her lips are full and her skin is flawless. With that perfection comes a body that men fawn and drool over, and women envy.

Health Tracker

Haunted House
    Items

Hedgespun Items

Tear dropped shaped pendant, form fitted waterfall jacket

Misc.

-3 to any rolls involving Presence
    Seraphina Scenes
      The Plunge!

Dreaming, -1 WP to analyze, WP to hold Dream together, Dreamscape

(WP Used)Willpower 1 Spent
    +2
    SL
    +2
    DV
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••••
    Treasured Nix

She had to laugh, and it was lighthearted, as she shook her head, “If I sing what I have so far, you must swear on your honor as a Knight, to not tell anyone about it. Especially if it sounds bad.” She looks at him, “If you promise that, and of course, not to laugh, I’ll sing a bit.” Once she gets his word, she pushes away from the table and stands. Her necklace dancing as she began to sing a few verses of a poem.

The wind was a torrent of darkness among the gusty trees
    The moon was a ghostly galleon tossed upon the cloudy seas
    The road was a ribbon of moonlight over the purple moor
    And the highwayman came riding,
    Riding, riding,
    The highwayman came riding, up to the old inn-door.

A few lines were sung, but she stopped herself from singing anymore. Hearing and feeling that her voice was off. There was a brief look of anger on her face, followed by disappointment and sadness, “Sorry, I’m off tonight.” Shaking her head, this obvious bothered her. "I must not be practicing enough." she seemed to momentarily withdraw into herself, before shaking her head and refocusing.

Taking her seat again, she listens, nodding. “I can see the importance of that, chosen our own moment, our own destiny. Sort of like one last way to stick it to our Keepers, one more thing they cannot control and take. Not that I’m in a hurry mind you.” She says with a small chuckle.

“Did the Motely disband?” she asks. Thinking a moment, “I like how small our community is as well, it’s easier to get to know someone and form bonds. I find it can be a bit difficult and overwhelming in the larger Freeholds. And usually groups are already formed and it can be hard to find friends.”

A nod, “I have actually. It was here, my first Motely, but two Lost moved on, breaking our Pledge. The other, well, I’m not sure where it stands right now. I should probably check.” Things had been going so well with that. It was sad really, how quickly it changed.

“Well, for reading I enjoy true medical books. My current favorite is The Hot Zone, the true story of the Ebola virus and how it infected an American monkey house. Terrifying, but fascinating at the same time! And history books, I’ve found I have quite a thirst for knowledge and learning.” There was passion in her voice. “With movies I like horror movies, both blockbuster and cheesy, and action movies! I love action movies! I tend to enjoy movies that get my blood running. How about you? Any movies you enjoy?”

2 successes...FU Dice Roller
    Date Action Roll Result
    2019-03-18 21:07:08 Seraphina rolls 17 to Singing!(Pres+Exp+Spec+SL+DV+HedgespunItem) (10 Again, WillPower) 4, 6, 8, 3, 1, 7, 8, 3, 4, 1, 5, 2, 2, 4, 3, 1, 6 2 successes
    Treasured/Nix Wyrd●●●●

A
    Abraham Norton

"Verywell, I won't tell anyone" He smiles. And then comes the performance.

Despite the dissatisfaction Sera expresses,Abraham clearly is impressed "Very nice - I like it, it has nice tempo. Soyou're saying it is your own creation? If I may ask, what's the inspirationbehind it?" In this knight's experience, one does not simply create artout of nothing - it is always a reflection of what happens in the world around the artist.

"That's a healthy attitude" he says in response and closure to the rather grim topic of death "No need to hurry anything. Too many things to experience yet"

Then on to the topic of the motley "No, it didn't. As far as I know it's still operational. We made a point of including one member from every Court and one Courtless, so they probably took in a new Spring to take my place" He smiles when Sera comments on the larger Freeholds' disadvantages. Evidently, they are of one mind "And don't forget the constant politicking. All you hear is 'what have you done?', 'how much did you make?', 'who do you know?'. You can't tell anyone anything because they might use it against you"

There's no surprise as the Nix confesses to having been - or rather, being - part of a motley "You probably should, especially since the motley technically still exists if there are two members present. Can you tell me any more about it? Did it have a specific interest in mind?" There are motleys formed purely to solidify friendship, and there are those that strive towards a common goal. It was curious which type was Seraphina's.

As for movies, well... "I am probably the only person within a hundred mile radius that openly admits liking musical movies, from 'The Jazz Singer to 'La La Land'. Other than that, I find that life writes better stories than any screenwriter ever could, so history - I think we might have some shared interest there, do you have a favorite period? - and biographies. I find them inspirational, even if they, uh... embellish certain aspects and downplay others" But then again, who doesn't?

Seraphina
    Presence
    (Magnetic)
    Striking Looks
    (Enthralling)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Angelic)
    New Identity
    (Sarah Jones)
    Mantle (Spring)
    (In Mini Sheet)
    Seraphina

Mien

Softly shimmering gold flakes catch the light whenever she moves, delicate gilded gold and diamond scales extenuate the rare greenish blue color of her aquamarine eyes. In the right light, or when her mood changes, her eyes seem to illuminate from within, it’s a very gentle glow. This is the ocean lives in Sera's eyes. The scales trail up to her temples and forehead. Her hair reaches down her back, brushing the ground, spun silver and emerald. Perfectly placed tiny pearls can be seen woven throughout her hair. Very fine diamond dust falls loose from her hair when she moves, reflecting rainbows from the light. The scales on her hands are dulled by the simple fact that her hands are translucent. There is an iridescent scale like skin that pulls delicately up from her ears. The membrane shimmers and has three curly points.
    Seraphina

Fairest

Nix/Treasured
    Mantle

Cherry blossoms gilded in gold bloom from her hair, tumbling down as a warm rejuvenating spring breeze gently kisses the air with the scent of freshly cut grass. The sound of birds singing can be heard as the wildflowers grow and bloom in vibrant colors where she walks, swaying and lively in the breeze.
    Seraphina

Mask
    A fairly tall woman, roughly 5'11 with long, wavy dark brown hair. Her eyes are an intense, deep bright blue, reminding one of sapphires. Her lips are full and her skin is flawless. With that perfection comes a body that men fawn and drool over, and women envy.

Health Tracker

Haunted House
    Items

Hedgespun Items

Misc.

Seraphina Scenes
      The Plunge!

+2
    SL
    +2
    DV
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••••
    Treasured Nix

Shaking her head, “It’s not my own creation. The poem, The Highwayman, was written by another. I’m not a writer.” She says with a laugh. “And I’ve always loved the poem! Two lovers torn apart by death. Hers to try and save him, his to avenge her. From what I remember reading about the author online, he wrote it with that romantic thought in mind. A marvelous piece.” But that was her.

Grinning, “Exactly! When I’m on my death bed, I want to fondly remember living each day and night to its fullest.” She was a Spring after all.

There was interest on her face, “That’s a great way to go about it. Especially with the different points of view each Season is able to bring to the table.” Was actually a really good idea. Giggling, “Oh, no way I could forget that!” sapphires roll, “I hate that. Just a bunch of posturing when there are more important things to worry about. I’ve always hated those cliques, those more concerned with how they look then what they can do to defend the Freehold.” Shaking her head, “No thanks.” Maybe it was that she had no friends growing up.

“It’s been a few years, but yah, I’ll reach out, see what we can to do. I’d like to move forward, rebuild.” Even though they barely got off the ground. “Not much to really tell, couple Springs and Autumns, all seeking knowledge and learning. I was seeking to learn more about my Kith’s, specifically having two of them. But, life happened.” She shrugs.

Laughing again, “I doubt that! I’ve seen some musicals I’ve enjoyed greatly! Even some I can sing along with word for word.” She admits. “Hmm,” she takes a moment to think about his question, “That’s a tough one. There are so many interesting periods in history, it’s not easy to say one is a favorite. But if I had to pick, I’d go with the Renaissance. Though the Medieval period was fascinating for everything that came from it. Each period of time gave the world so much.” She offers. “How about you? Any period of history stand out to you?”
    Treasured/Nix Wyrd●●●●

A
    Abraham Norton

Abraham makes a quiet 'ah' sound, as Sera explains the origins of the poem "Do you know any more poems like that?" Seemed more than likely "Perhaps what I'm trying to ask is: is the Highwayman your favorite, or does another occupy this place?" The Flowering is always on the lookout for new pieces to broaden his repertoire, and this looks like an efficient way to do it.

"Yes, the different perspectives were a big factor. But..." He actually looks mildly embarrassed "Let's not kid ourselves, the endless opportunity for Captain Planet and Power Rangers in-jokes also played a part" Now, this could be seen as a bit childish, but it's a fond memory nonetheless.

He didn't take Seraphina for a scholar, but then again - looks can be deceiving (as the people who wear a Mask constantly should know) "Did you manage to learn anything?" Seemed unlikely, with how quickly the Motley all but disbanded "Or if you didn't get the answer, what was the concrete question you asked?" The Nix wasn't really specific on that. Although her Desire to learn sheds a bit of new light on her obvious closeness with the Autumn King.

"You are right, it's a tough question - primarily because how many possible answers there are" He audibly hums "Middle Ages sound like an obvious pick, being the time of knights" He chuckles "But I enjoy the history of warfare in general. The Napoleonic era proves especially inspiring" He isn't sure if that's the right word for it, but decides to go with it anyway.

Seraphina
    Presence
    (Magnetic)
    Striking Looks
    (Enthralling)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Angelic)
    New Identity
    (Sarah Jones)
    Mantle (Spring)
    (In Mini Sheet)
    Seraphina

Mien

Seraphina

Fairest

Nix/Treasured
    Mantle

Seraphina

Mask

Health Tracker

Haunted House
    Items

Hedgespun Items

Misc.

Seraphina Scenes
      The Plunge!

+2
    SL
    +2
    DV
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••••
    Treasured Nix

“Well, there are other poems I enjoy, though it’s been hard to find one as intriguing as The Highway Man. A few that come to mind are Annabelle Lee by Edgar Allen Poe and She Walks in Beauty by Lord Byron. Each has its own charm to me.” Maybe she’d have to dive back into those books soon. “As to my favorite? It’s The Highway Man, always has been. From the first time I read it.” True enough.

There was a wide smile and laugh, “That sounds perfectly reasonable to me!” she agrees with a nod. “Plus, life is too short to be serious all the time.” She was all about laughing as much as possible.

Frowning, she shakes her head, “No.” which still saddened her. “I was curious about how one is able to have two Kith’s. I’ve never been able to learn much about it, so I was looking forward to it.” She still hoped to learn more. It was just harder now.

“Ah, The Middle Ages! Another exciting time in history! Did you know there are companies that still do jousting? Like seriously, full contact jousting! I’ve seen them online and it’s intense!”
    why someone would want to do that was beyond her. “So what’s inspiring about the Napoleonic Era to you?”
    Treasured/Nix Wyrd●●●●

A
    Abraham Norton

A mental note is made of the poems. The knight-errant always preferred to get his works via word of mouth or to invent them from scratch, having little patience for bookworming, so it's always nice when someone does some of the work for you.

"Why is anything possible in Arcadia? Because the only thing that holds any real sway over there is the will of the Gentry" The question about dual kiths seemed... odd, somehow, although this may be due to the fact that he's never concerned himself much with Their domain, figuring it can't be understood by any sane person "Although I may be completely wrong, so if you ever find out why things are the way they are, I hope you share with the class" He jokes.

"Hm? Jousting companies? haven't heard of one in the Sactown area, but it's certainly something to check out, thanks for the tip!" He brightens visibly; if he could get a job as a knight, would it be a breach of Freehold secrecy if he introduced himself as one publicly? "Although mounted combat can be difficult, on account of me having no mount" Smiling, he continues "And considering how demanding, legally and practically, caring for a horse is, I'd probably be constrained to Hedgebeasts"

Then the question about inspiration comes "Well, it's an interesting case study of greatness and hubris: on the one hand, he was one man that transformed a large part of Europe and formed a great empire despite all the difficulties piling up... and on the other, all of it was gone fifteen years later, simply because of that very same trait of character: stubbornness" The smile vanishes, now replaced by a thoughtful expression "And then there's the Hundred Days. It's romantic, in a way"

All of this made Abraham thinking about a certain thing "You seem pretty well-connected to the mundane world. Were you equally involved in it before Garden Grounds?"

Seraphina
    Presence
    (Magnetic)
    Striking Looks
    (Enthralling)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Angelic)
    New Identity
    (Sarah Jones)
    Mantle (Spring)
    (In Mini Sheet)
    Seraphina

Mien

Seraphina

Fairest

Nix/Treasured
    Mantle

Seraphina

Mask

Health Tracker

Haunted House
    Items

Hedgespun Items

Misc.

Seraphina Scenes
      The Plunge!

+2
    SL
    +2
    DV
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••••
    Treasured Nix

There was a nod as she took another bite of the meat, “That is true.” She agrees, “But it’s just fascinating to me that some of us escape with one Kith, and some with two. There are so many questions about how that works and what, besides different Keepers, determines it.” Maybe it was just her who was interested in it. “I have no issues sharing any knowledge I am able to find.” It wasn’t like it was a secret or anything.

Nodding eagerly, “Yes! I don’t know if any are based out of the city, but there are a few traveling ones that go all over for Ren Faires. I heard the armor they wear weighs a couple hundred pounds! You should really check them out! They’re called Knights of Valour. It was fun to watch, but always made her cringe with worry about someone getting hurt. “Oh, well then you’ll just need to get yourself a mount.” She says with a nod. “I’ve never looked into the care of a horse, but I image it must be very time consuming and intense. Now a hedgebeast? That would just drive fear into your opponents! The first thing working against them is you’re a knight, add a mounted knight on a hedgebeast? They’ll be quaking with fear!” who wants to fight someone riding a hedgebeast?

She looked thoughtful before speaking, gathering her thoughts, “Hubris will always be the downfall of even the greatest man. Though it does make you wonder how the world would be different and shaped today had he not lost. How might Europe look?” even the smallest thing could change how things were today.

Shaking her head, “No, not really. I was sort of lost and just surviving. Knowing I wanted to do something, but not being sure what. The coffee shop has opened a whole new world to me, and it’s been great! I’m getting involved in charities, and just finding something I’m good at.”
    Treasured/Nix Wyrd●●●●

A
    Abraham Norton

On secondthought, there are rules to everything. Why'd Faerie be an exception? In thatlight, Sera's search doesn't look that doomed to fail, after all. Besides, thehunt itself is of some value.

All of a sudden a perspective of working for a jousting company grew distant "Yes, well, I don't know if I could stick around with a group that makes a point of moving from place to place. Maybe if they have an opening, like an injury or something like that, and need to fill it here, but... I always wanted to put down roots, you know? Feel like the place is not just where I happen to live, but home" He catches himself, quickly but not quickly enough "Sorry, rambling" Like anyone'd be interested in your tear-jerking...

Abraham grins, widely, at Sera's support for the Hedgebeast idea "With Cole's Hedge-chopper we could form a cavalry unit. Force like that, we could roll through San Francisco and not even notice" Honestly, the Flowering'd much rather charge in there, burn things down and get rid of this 'Queen Anne' character rather than waiting for her to move. But, he is not in charge here.

He shakes his head in defeat "Honestly, I have no idea. As you probably noticed, I am not suited for theoretical musings - I leave that to those more academically minded, satisfied with practical application of knowledge. But if I had to guesstimate... the change probably wouldn't be that great. I mean, there's only so far you can stretch, and there's a proven record of those conquered shaping the conquerors rather than the opposite. So the empire'd probably collapse sooner or later" He pauses "But you are right, hubris is what gets you. Which is why it is always nice to have an authority figure or strong philosophical convictions to keep you afloat... do you have anything like that?" He really hopes she does. The knight-errant is looking for ideas over here.

The Faires listens to her... 'lost and surviving', now doesn't that sound familiar... "So, what's the next big thing for you?"

Seraphina
    Presence
    (Magnetic)
    Striking Looks
    (Enthralling)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Angelic)
    New Identity
    (Sarah Jones)
    Mantle (Spring)
    (In Mini Sheet)
    Seraphina

Mien

Seraphina

Fairest

Nix/Treasured
    Mantle

Seraphina

Mask

Health Tracker

Haunted House
    Items

Hedgespun Items

Misc.

Seraphina Scenes
      The Plunge!

+2
    SL
    +2
    DV
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••••
    Treasured Nix

Nodding, “I get that. I wouldn’t want to have a job that was always on the move. As much fun as traveling is, there is something to be said for being able to establish a home. And like you said, put roots down.” Smiling, “I’m glad it feels like home to you. It’s so hard for us to find a place like that. I actually feel the same way about Sacramento, it feels like home, and it’s nice.” The smile softens, “Oh, you’re not rambling!” she insisted with a laugh, “Feel free to talk all you want! I’m enjoying the conversation.” She assures.

Laughing again, “Now that would create quite the sight, you riding a hedgebeast and Cole on a hedge chopper.” That would be a sight!

“I know Queen Ingrid mentioned San Francisco, has anything else happened?” she was curious, because it had sounded like Dream things. Had it escalated?

There was a smirk, “Noticed?” shaking her head, “Hardly, you’re well spoken. But I think I understand what you’re saying. I’m not very good at those types of musings myself.” she then nods, “You can’t argue with a proven record.” But when it came down to it, she didn’t like to think of what ifs. It never went well. The Treasured looked thoughtful, “I don’t think so.” She was clearly still thinking about it as she spoke, “I’ve always just looked back on my past and how I was treated, and vowed not to let it turn me into someone I wasn’t. But maybe I should look into philosophical convictions, find some that fit. What about you? What keeps your hubris in check?”

Shrugging, “Not quite sure. I’ve been thinking about going to college, something I never got to do. Plus, I simply love learning! Also been thinking about investing in more property, maybe a place where Lost can stay if they have no where else to go.”
    Treasured/Nix Wyrd●●●●

Page 2 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 16

You do not have permission to view the list of names.