Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

Lonely Hearts Club

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 4 of 4 First 1 2 3 4

Langdon
    Doctorate
    Langdon

PRE

After a moment of thought Langdon nods in agreement with Abacus. "That could take some time though and effort. Prime is not something I'm knowledgeable in so I can help with part of that ritual but not that part." Hypothetically simple but the application will probably hurt for a few days after.

"We were talking about whether or not we want to get in the way of warring mages." A grin flashes as Langdon looks at Kaster before shifting to watch the two others leave. Then onto Shodan.

"I think that another Right somewhat covers that?..maybe? I've never studied the Laws that extensively to be honest." A pause as he loks at the images. "I'm not sure that's covert but it looks great. Probably has some interesting resonance as well." Because the Masons have to be a legit secret society right?

The Moros looks at his fellow mages. "We might be a bit limited in traditional roles..." Two Mystagogues, a Libertine, and a guy who zones out during important stuff. Hm like an undergrad.

Contacts (Finance)
    Contacts (Digital Networks)
    Contacts (Academia)
    Trained Memory
    Abacus Scenes
    Abacus

The sound of dialing numbers (phone, keypad, rotaries, calculators) echo in the ears of those in close proximity. Shimmering gold lettering take the form of flickering mathematical symbols that form complex equations in the air.

PRE

"Prime isn't my forte either. I know enough to make the place as unimportant as possible, wiggle Fate to manipulate probability. The least likely of chance encounters. I can run the equations with you if you're interested. I could use an extra calculator and your esoteric knowledge will give it the Supernal kick it'll need to settle nicely against the grain."

Abacus shoved his hands in his pockets, the dice digging into his palm. Don't get carried away. It's just a little spellwork, nothing to get excited over.

"Just looking at you makes me feel like I have holes burning in all of my accounts, Shodan. You'll need a Farseeker who can do more than hunt for shiny objects. I'll keep your books."

Finally. Something more tame.
    Acanthus | Mysterium |

K
    Kasterborous

"Sounds are snuggly wuggly to me dudes. We all need a place that's bigger on the inside and all. Can we really fit all our combined knowledge and stuff inside a Masonic Lodge. I'd like to think so. Or perhaps we can find a phone booth warehouse. You don't see them on street corners anymore so there is that. Hmm... all positions listed sound good, good and sound. Not sure exactly where I would fall in the mix. Perhaps doorkeeper. As long as they're not made of wood mind you. I could manipulate a little space and time, create some quantum loops and quantum portals. Nothing like entering and exiting at the same time to trip up any trespassers. Unless it's the pizza delivery guy. We wouldn't want our pies to be detained."

S
    Shodan

"Becoming a Disciple of Prime is pretty high on my to-do list, so we should be good" He adds "In any case, I think it'd be super educational if we all got to see the workings behind that, even if neither Fate or Prime are our focus" Because numbers rule the world, and there are patterns present regardless of which Instagram filter a given spell uses.

"Limited?" He looks to Langdon "I don't know, I always found them useful. Also, whenever I think 'Lorekeeper' I have this image of you in my head. Weird, right?" Shodan flashes the Moros a smile "No pressure, though. If you think no role is a good fit, then that's how it's gonna be" Plus, can you even fit a Space Mage in a place he doesn't want to be in? The Prime Mover is not thrilled to find out.

Shodan theatrically pouts at what Abacus says "Oof, that part about burning holes would be hurtful... if it wasn't true. Glad to have you on board, Farseeker Abacus"

At Kaster's words, Shodan chuckles, perhaps just a tone louder than he intended to. The man truly is one hell of a quicksilver "Quantum loops, huh? Yeah, I can see that. When applied right, it'd certainly be less flashy than bombs and magical fireballs. The job is yours... Doorwarden"

Then comes the hardest part. How does he see himself? "Well... I gave it some thought and I'd like to try the Hearthmaster's role, if that's alright with everyone. Meals, setting up a wifi network, managing a complaint book... I totally see myself doing that" It was always other people that lived in cabals, so all of this feels a bit strange to Shodan. Strange, but good. Or at least promising.

"So, I think if there are no other motions then we can call it a day?" He pauses "Oh no, wait, I have a bit of homework for all of us - a motto, if we want to have one, and a sigil. Give it a think, and we'll shape something as we go. Unless anyone's got any snapshot ideas?"

"Oh and... thank you for coming"

Langdon
    Doctorate
    Langdon

PRE

"O ha, I'm sorry." There's a small reddening of Langdon's face that fades rapidly. "I was moreso thinking that we may not fit all of the roles well. Though I would not mind being the Lorekeeper at all." In fact it sounds like he would rather enjoy that.

The Moros nods as everyone else gets a role and as Shodan claim's his. All make sense so far. Kaster can confuse anyone who comes to the door.

"We could do with a brain in a tank for a less official symbol?" Langdon hides a smile and doesn't hide a laugh. "I'll think on the Sigil too. Thank you for organizing this."

Contacts (Finance)
    Contacts (Digital Networks)
    Contacts (Academia)
    Trained Memory
    Abacus Scenes
    Abacus

The sound of dialing numbers (phone, keypad, rotaries, calculators) echo in the ears of those in close proximity. Shimmering gold lettering take the form of flickering mathematical symbols that form complex equations in the air.

PRE

"There's always the squared circle. 17th century. Classic." Abacus thought on the shape of the sigil, as he remembered his time in the Atheneum and the signs and symbols he had to commit to memory as well as their circumstances. Nonetheless, it was an antiquated idea and given the room, it seemed more likely that they would prefer something with a modern twist.
    Acanthus | Mysterium |

S
    Shodan

"So, like I said. Homework" Shodan says with a smile "I don't know about you, but I'm going to grab a beer to celebrate. If you want to join me, feel free. My treat" He was the Hearthmaster, after all. Keeping his cabalmates fed and happy was his job.

I'm going to jump a little ahead and close this thread. My thanks go out to all who participated! Kelreth JonReeves Hiver stand by for social group

Page 4 of 4 First 1 2 3 4
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 19

You do not have permission to view the list of names.