DISPLAYED
(DiD) Aftermath Talk

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
    Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

PRE

The Circle was both fortress and sanctuary. Today the venerable old building wore the face of peace. Sunlight streamed in through the narrow windows. Coloured glass tinged that pure light red and yellow and blue. The side chapel was tucked into a corner away from the nave and it offered both privacy and quiet for those who wished to go over their nights work.

For some nights before they had collectively blundered into a clandestine meeting between Awakened and theriomorphic shapeshifters. There had been recklessness in abandon. Veils had been rent apart. Wisdom had been risked. They had escaped - just - and had covered enough of their tracks to replace the Veil (just about).

The two unknown Awakened were dead. Killed during the fight. The shape shifter had turned into a cat and fled into the night.

Their collective reward? The Mastigos Alastor had a sympathetic connection to the theriomorphic shapeshifter. There was a pouch of precious stones - payment for the shapeshifter's services. And there was a USB stick.

Was there a will to follow their curiosity to its natural end? Or was there simply too many other things happening right now?

@Kaze Ruach Alastor Cross Winter Vincent Sand deltadream Kelreth Langdon I've opened this scene in case you want to run with this plot. I plan on keeping the scene open for about a week. If no one posts I'll quietly close things off.

2. Likes Vincent liked this post
    Winter
    Presence
    (Stoic)
    Education
    (West Point Grad)
    Occultation
    Winter

Nimbus

Dark shadows scatter in ordered symmetrical patterns traversed by a crackling pallid silver light that wraps Winter in a pleasantly numbing and icy coldness.
    When vulgar magic is cast, the frequency of the oscillation of the dark fluid surges until the shadows arrange themselves in a solid black halo around Winter's head, the white light darkens into a fiery black sunlight and his eyes are set ablaze with vivid incandescence.
    Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor: 1(General)/2(Ballistic)
    Defense: 3

Active Spells: 1/6
    Personal Spells: 1/3
    Incognito Presence (Mind 2) Rote, Scene, Pot[1]

OCC
    PRE

The Guardian walks inside the Cathedral at a very brisk pace. Each of his steps marks a grave echo along the stone walls of the darkened building.
    He pulls a folding chair and quietly sits on it, there, on the central altar. And then he breaks the silence, "What the hell was that?", he exclaims, looking at one Arrow in particular.

4. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Kaze
    Matt Joule
    Dirt Nap
    Alfonso Franco
    Kaze

Striking Looks (Fit and Healthy Glow) 2
    Matt Joule
    Dirt Nap
    Alfonso Franco

+2
    SL
    PRE

wrong account

Striking Looks
    (An Extremely Fit and Healthy Glow)
    Presence
    (Disconcertingly easy to talk to and open up)
    Toxin Resistance
    (+2 vs drugs, alcohol and toxins)
    New Identity(Steven Chojun Trueheart)
    Kaze

Nimbus. The sound of rushing wind and flashes of lightning surround Kaze, and his clothes and hair move as if he is in a windstorm.
    Monthly Rits

Monthly Rits Spell Cloaks Spells do not show unless scrutinized
    Transform Aura pot 1 (Aura is as a Sleeper)
    Organic Resilience (Life Mage Armor 2e) pot 3 ( Armor 2; Defense 2 + Higher of Dex or Wits)
    Body Mastery pot 1 (x2 rate healing Bash, Letha, Agravated; +1 success on all extended and instant rolls to resist diseases, poisons or drugs; +100 years lifespan)

Scene specific spells: in mini-sheet 4
    Scene Specific

(Portrait) Portrait of an Angel
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 3 ( +1 vs Bashing: Kung Fu 1)
    Defense 5
    Vulgar -1
    Active Spells: 3/5
    Personal Spells: 3
    Spell Tolerance: 3/3 Spell Rolls
    [1]Transform Aura[M]
    [2] Supernal Vision[D]
    [2] Organic Resilience[M]
    Key: Potency | Effect declaration if needed | Turns remaining ("M" = Monthly Ritual)

(Bad House) The Return
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Defense 9 (Dex 6 from Honing the Form)
    Vulgar -1
    [4] Honing the Form
    [3] Organic Resilience Aurora's Life 5
    [2] Body Control [M]
    Key: Potency | Effect declaration if needed | Turns remaining ("M" = Monthly Ritual)

+2
    SL
    PRE

"I screwed up. It won't happen again." Kaze says with grim determination.
    Spells: Monthly Rits Transform Aura (aura appears to be a sleeper) Spell Cloaks (See mini-sheet)

Langdon
    Doctorate
    Langdon

PRE

Looking up from his notebook Langdon frowns. A drawing of Atlantean to better make stone malleable is left behind as the Moros closes the book. "I stumbled onto that mess by accident. Was there a stake out that went south that quickly?" The question is asked to the room as one does when they want to get an answer and bring focus at the same time.

"Because I wasn't aware that cat lycanthropes existed. And who were those mages?"

8. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Winter
    Presence
    (Stoic)
    Education
    (West Point Grad)
    Occultation
    Winter

Nimbus

Dark shadows scatter in ordered symmetrical patterns traversed by a crackling pallid silver light that wraps Winter in a pleasantly numbing and icy coldness.
    When vulgar magic is cast, the frequency of the oscillation of the dark fluid surges until the shadows arrange themselves in a solid black halo around Winter's head, the white light darkens into a fiery black sunlight and his eyes are set ablaze with vivid incandescence.
    Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:

OCC
    PRE

"Screwed up?", the Guardian replies sarcastically, "losing the keys of your car is screwing up, getting fired is screwing up. That's the mother of all understatements".

10. Likes Ruach liked this post
    A
    Alastor

"It's handled, Winter," Alastor said from his spot against the wall. "Discipline has been rendered."

He didn't need to get into what might happen if a similar mistake got made again in the future. He figured Kaze's mind, strict and wound as it was, would do all the work for him.

"I've got sympathy on the cat-woman. Unless werecats or whatever the heck she was have the ability to sever it, I can watch her. Find her. First step first, though. We need to know what was on the USB. If anyone got the license plate numbers on the cars, we can run those too, maybe find out who the Awakened were. We can also look into what the stones do, see if they're related to anything magical, a ritual or something."

He gestured at the group.

"Who's got the stones? I'd like to take a gander myself."

Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

PRE

For ease and convenience I am ruling that all the evidence is freely available.

13. Likes Vincent, Ruach liked this post
    Striking Looks
    (An Extremely Fit and Healthy Glow)
    Presence
    (Disconcertingly easy to talk to and open up)
    Toxin Resistance
    (+2 vs drugs, alcohol and toxins)
    New Identity(Steven Chojun Trueheart)
    Kaze

Nimbus. The sound of rushing wind and flashes of lightning surround Kaze, and his clothes and hair move as if he is in a windstorm.
    Monthly Rits

Monthly Rits Spell Cloaks Spells do not show unless scrutinized
    Transform Aura pot 1 (Aura is as a Sleeper)
    Organic Resilience (Life Mage Armor 2e) pot 3 ( Armor 2; Defense 2 + Higher of Dex or Wits)
    Body Mastery pot 1 (x2 rate healing Bash, Letha, Agravated; +1 success on all extended and instant rolls to resist diseases, poisons or drugs; +100 years lifespan)

Scene specific spells: in mini-sheet 4
    Scene Specific

(Portrait) Portrait of an Angel
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Defense 5
    Vulgar -1
    [1]Transform Aura[M]
    [2] Supernal Vision[D]
    [2] Organic Resilience[M]

(Bad House) The Return
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Defense 9 (Dex 6 from Honing the Form)
    Vulgar -1
    [4] Honing the Form
    [3] Organic Resilience Aurora's Life 5
    [2] Body Control [M]

+2
    SL
    PRE

If all the evidence is freely available, Kaze will read the flashdrive with Electronic Eye.

failure
    Date Action Roll Result
    2019-01-26 17:44:58 Kaze rolls 6 to casts improvised Electronic Eye (Gno1+Forces3+HS2 No Manna cost cause Ruling Force (10 Again) 1, 3, 5, 6, 4, 1 failure

3 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2019-01-26 17:46:04 Kaze rolls 6 to casts improvised Electronic Eye (Gno1+Forces3+HS2 No Manna cost cause Ruling Force (10 Again) 10, 8, 2, 1, 5, 8, 3 3 successes

Not sure best way to do it IC, but really am curious about what is on the flashdrive.
    Spells: Monthly Rits Transform Aura (aura appears to be a sleeper) Spell Cloaks (See mini-sheet)

Winter
    Presence
    (Stoic)
    Education
    (West Point Grad)
    Occultation
    Winter

Nimbus

Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:

OCC
    PRE

He waves the First Talon off, "With all due respect First Talon, discipline should be enforced beforehand. Nevertheless, it's not that discipline of yours, but maintaining the Veil that concerns my Order the most. And since we've had to kill how many, one - or was it two - people tonight? I'm quite curious about your Talon's explanation. Assuming those two were Seers of course, and in that case we should have tailed them to their bases. Alas, Magus Kaze might have known something that the rest of us didn't, and of that I'm curious", he pauses to look at young Obrimos, "so fellow Theurgist, before we dive unto the evidence, humor this old man just once and answer my previous question. I'm all ears"

Sorry, but IC he's compelled to not wave the event off. I'm not rolling anything, so respond however makes sense the most from your IC pov

OOC

16. Likes Ruach liked this post
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread