Ended
Watch

Back to Basics

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... Last

Orphan

PRE

Orphan gets up early on the morning the training exercises were scheduled to start. He does his typical workout, and meditation, and oblation, and manages to get through all of these, but not without difficulty. Although he'd long looked forward to taking on more of a leadership role, he was nonetheless nervous about it, worried he'd screw it up. He'd never really taught anyone anything of significance, and here he was going to be conducting training exercises.

After a quick shower and a light breakfast, he mentally runs through the starting training regimen he's got planned while making some coffee and drinking his morning tea.

Chris Laurent
    Langdom
    Chris Laurent

Irraka Blood Talon
    Langdon

PRE

Falx walks onto the grounds of the Circle. Dressed in training clothes, shorts and a t-shirt, highly original given his normal clothing. "Good to train again, I've gotten lazy." he murmurs to himself as he stretches up to his tip toes.

Orphan

PRE

"Good to see you, Falx," Orphan says. "I might ask you for some input as to some things we might work on, and some ways to do it, since you've got the advantage of a military background. Honestly, while this assignment is my responsibility, I am more than glad to give credit where due, so long as we come out of this process better able to work together effectively. Teamwork is the goal, because honestly... we suck at it. All of us."

Chris Laurent
    Langdom
    Chris Laurent

Irraka Blood Talon
    Langdon

PRE

Falx smiles, that was one of the few things he couldn't fuck up too hard..hopefully.. "Not a problem if you do. Congrats on being promoted, you've earned it." Falx nods solemnly. "Teamwork is definitely something that needs to be improved. I had a thought of another way to improve teamwork in a way but I'm not going to intrude here with it. So what are we doing today, everything?"

Orphan

PRE

"Thanks, man. Most appreciated. First off, though, you offering your ideas is not an intrusion," Orphan says. "I've got some ideas, but I want to hear what ones you and the others have. You've got military experience. Tug was a pro football player, used to teamwork. Josh has experience. Ultimately, if this goes badly, I'm the one who will answer for it, but other than that, far as I'm concerned we're all equals, all with the same goal.

"Today, I thought we'd start with us all having a frank talk about what we each brings to the table... get to know each other better, and get and give some feedback. Then I'm planning to split us into teams with common objectives, to see who can work together most efficiently to achieve the objectives. I figure we'll all take turns teaming with the others, to get a sense who works well together already and where we need more work. My goal is to get so we are all able to work with each other pretty smoothly, and have some tactics and strategies and field code worked out to help that happen. At the same time, I'm hoping we can work on establishing a couple standard teams for different situations - fire teams, West calls it, people used to not just working together, but functioning as a well-oiled machine.

"Plan tomorrow is to do the split-teams thing again, but out in the field."

Orphan pauses to take out his phone. "That reminds me of something. I need to send a quick text... but I'm going to have to wait for Joshua to arrive, since I don't have the number. Unless you happen to have Provost Ankh's number?" Orphan looks up at Falx.

Chris Laurent
    Langdom
    Chris Laurent

Irraka Blood Talon
    Langdon

PRE

Falx nods in agreement with Orphan. "Makes sense, having established fire teams would definitely make things go smoother. Sounds like a good plan." His eyes go wide for a moment. "Ankh is a provost?....I'm happy she's on our side. Ya I got her number, she helped me with a uh...incident..that occurred." Falx hands Orphan his phone with Ankh's number showing.

Orphan

PRE

"Thanks, man," Orphan says to Falx. He calls the number with his own phone, leaving a text for Ankh, inviting her to drop by to take part, observe or provide advice on the maneuvers.

He does so somewhat nervously. He doesn't know Ankh well, but he does know she's a Provost and that she used to be in a cabal with West and Kai. If she's in their league of combat ability, inviting her to take part in the exercises might make as much sense as asking Michael Jordan to enroll for a high school basketball camp. If that was the case, he hoped she wouldn't be insulted, but he thought it better to invite her to take part at whatever level she might wish than to not give her the option of involvement.

Handing back Falx's phone, Orphan asks him "So, what ideas did you have for improving teamwork? Like I said, I value your input, especially since you bring first-hand experience to the plate."

Chris Laurent
    Langdom
    Chris Laurent

Irraka Blood Talon
    Langdon

PRE

"Before shit hit the fan at the Park and other things since I was thinking about seeing if anyone wanted to form a cabal. At the time it was premature as we all didn't know each other significantly. I figure a cabal would work better together because they would get to know each other enough to expect what the others will do and act accordingly. Though your training scheme covers that aspect." He glances at the ground. "Now though I am not sure if anyone would want to associate with me as I have pissed off a powerful provost." Falx shrugs. "Such is things though or so some philosophy books I have read would say, those things are dense."

Darren Nash

PRE

It took Ash a while to find the address that Orphan texted him but when he does arrive, he couldn't help but feel in one regard nervous as hell with an undercurrent of excitement and anticipation.

Maybe they can help me to remember.

"Hello, anyone about?" he calls out, looking around. Best to be poilte, make a good first impression.

Orphan

PRE

Orphan says to Falx, "I think an Arrow cabal sounds like a good idea. Like you said, it would help us work together, facilitate ongoing training in the field as well as off. As to you pissing off a Provost... we're Arrows. We try to stay out of the politics much as we can. I'm cool working with you."

When he hears Ash callilng out, Orphan calls back "In here. We've got coffee if you'd like some."

Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... Last
Closed Thread