Ended
Watch

(1812) Sanctuary 22

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 3 of 6 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last
    A
    Alastor

"Sour them? God, no, Councilors," he said, pluralizing as he accepted the coffee and nodded toward Aurora to indicate that that meant both of them. "Quite the opposite. If you're motivated and you're willing to face me, then that pleases me. This isn't a power grab. This is meant to bring movement to a city which hasn't had a great deal of it. I'd support either of you if you won."

He gave a wave to Gemini, letting her know he was there and acknowledging her presence, but this was a moment for focus and staying on point. Such was confirmed by Phoenyx, who wisely made her point.

"Should a challenger be feeling bold and wish to face me now, without a month to prepare, then I'd do it now," he said, gently. "I merely wished to make sure everyone had their chance."

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

Active Spells: 1/6
    [Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

The smile was returned, “Nice to meet you.” Gemini was a unique name, and she found herself wondering how each came up with their shadow name. “I’m not sure if the Mastigos have a Councilor.” She says with a look to Alastor. He was the only one she knew of the Path, but she hadn’t heard him say he was taking the position. “But I’d talk with him.” A nod to Alastor then. Let them figure it out.

“You’d be seeking Sand.”

Aurora will then hand Shodan a cup of coffee, “Here you go.” Another smile. “It was mentioned a bit ago that we should get a coffee maker for here. Starting to think I might do it.” Might save a bit of money.

Then Campy speaks, and throws in for the position. She wasn’t sure how to feel about that. He would be an excellent leader, more so than she would. If it came down to it, could she Duel him? She wasn’t sure, this changed things for her.

Phoenyx’s voice brought her out of her thoughts, and the smile returns, “Oh, I can’t complain too much, thanks for asking.” Did she scare the woman with her question?

More talk of the challenge, and even doing it here and now.

She’d never been in a Duel, could she do this here and now?

Instead of answering, she sips her coffee, blue eyes watching.

3. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Striking Looks
    (An Extremely Fit and Healthy Glow)
    Presence
    (Disconcertingly easy to talk to and open up)
    Toxin Resistance
    (+2 vs drugs, alcohol and toxins)
    New Identity(Steven Chojun Trueheart)
    Kaze

Nimbus. The sound of rushing wind and flashes of lightning surround Kaze, and his clothes and hair move as if he is in a windstorm.
    Monthly Rits

Monthly Rits Spell Cloaks Spells do not show unless scrutinized
    Transform Aura pot 1 (Aura is as a Sleeper)
    Organic Resilience (Life Mage Armor 2e) pot 3 ( Armor 2; Defense 2 + Higher of Dex or Wits)
    Body Mastery pot 1 (x2 rate healing Bash, Letha, Agravated; +1 success on all extended and instant rolls to resist diseases, poisons or drugs; +100 years lifespan)

Scene specific spells: in mini-sheet 4
    Scene Specific

(Portrait) Portrait of an Angel
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 3 ( +1 vs Bashing: Kung Fu 1)
    Defense 5
    Vulgar -1
    Active Spells: 3/5
    Personal Spells: 3
    Spell Tolerance: 3/3 Spell Rolls
    [1]Transform Aura[M]
    [2] Supernal Vision[D]
    [2] Organic Resilience[M]
    Key: Potency | Effect declaration if needed | Turns remaining ("M" = Monthly Ritual)

(Bad House) The Return
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 3 ( +1 vs Bashing: Kung Fu 1)
    Defense 9 (Dex 6 from Honing the Form)
    Vulgar -1
    Personal Spells: 3
    Spell Tolerance: 3/3 Spell Rolls
    [4] Honing the Form
    [3] Organic Resilience Aurora's Life 5
    [2] Body Control [M]
    Key: Potency | Effect declaration if needed | Turns remaining ("M" = Monthly Ritual)

+2
    SL
    PRE

Kaze nods at Phoenyx words and then again when the Councillors speak and Alastor answers them. He smiles at the new arrivals, but is paying attention to the talk of dueling for the leadership.
    Spells: Monthly Rits Transform Aura (aura appears to be a sleeper) Spell Cloaks (See mini-sheet)

G
    Gemini

"Ahhh, Councilor Campanella, we meet again. I will keep that in mind for later. I really just wanted to familiarize myself with the important faces, get a feel for the local politics, and figure out my place. I've not officially been a part of this particular Consilium since I was...busy, around my Awakening, and ended up elsewhere for a few years. But you know what they say, no place like home, even under the intense scrutiny of this particular crowd."

The blonde acknowledged her fellow Libertine, flamboyant dress and all, giving an appreciative nod, but saying nothing more. She preferred to maintain a carefully controlled image during important events, to make sure that people saw exactly what she wanted them to see, but she made a mental note to reach out to Shodan later on. She needed a fellow Libertine on her side, it would seem. It appeared that she was under intense scrutiny just for existing and she was immediately calculating in her mind just how far she would go on her personal scale to either 'behave to impress' or 'speak up to rattle'. She could see the potential trouble that mouthing off to any titled folk would bring her, but at the same time, she wasn't about to tolerate anyone projecting their issues onto someone who had been absent from the city for several years and had been completely detached from the Consilium.

"If Alastor is of the Path of Scourging, is there any reason aside from a higher position that has led him not to step up and create this power vacumn in the Council? Is the burden of shared leadership something undesirable?" she asked to those around her. The confidence in her voice straddled the line between confidence and arrogance, as if she was trying to make a point, but really, all she wanted was an explanation as why she was being looked at like a stain on the Consilium and why there was such a huge grab for Hierarch.

H
    Honon

Heading into the Consilium in black slacker and a grey button down dress shirt Honon tried to slip in relatively unnoticed and found a seat in the back row. his eyes caught Gemini who was busy mingling and he grinned seeing her a bit busy. Still he waiting for the right time to present himself to his councilor.

Winter
    Presence
    (Stoic)
    Education
    (West Point Grad)
    Occultation
    Winter

Nimbus

Dark shadows scatter in ordered symmetrical patterns traversed by a crackling pallid silver light that wraps Winter in a pleasantly numbing and icy coldness.
    When vulgar magic is cast, the frequency of the oscillation of the dark fluid surges until the shadows arrange themselves in a solid black halo around Winter's head, the white light darkens into a fiery black sunlight and his eyes are set ablaze with vivid incandescence.
    Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor: 1(General)/2(Ballistic)
    Defense: 3

Active Spells: 1/6
    Personal Spells: 1/3
    Incognito Presence (Mind 2) Rote, Scene, Pot[1]

OCC
    PRE

He wanted to laugh, Gemini had a subtle sense of humor apparently. To step up. It was clear to him that Alastor hadn't planned this far and that his bravado was a front, he didn't really want the job. And who could blame him? Hierarchy was one headache after another.

Still, Campanella had achieved the much coveted mastery. The Guardian didn't know whether to be glad or jealous, perhaps both. Nevertheless, congratulations were in order. Not one to let the opportunity of digging the knife in go wasted he spoke suddenly, "So, if any of the Masters is willing to accept the challenge, I will be the one to square the circle for the contenders".

8. Likes Ruach, Yumyumcrow liked this post
    Presence (Focused)
    Trained Observer
    Dexterity (Lithe)
    Phoenyx
    Spells and Gear

Monthly rits (cloaked):
    Supernal Vision (Pot 6)
    2E Life Shield (Pot 5)

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), pair of daggers, tonfa, Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), motorcycle (street bike)
    Phoenyx

Nimbus: a pair of fiery scarlet wings unfurl her with an eagle's screech.
    Plot Stats

Def - 6 (4 Dex+Life/2)
    Armour - 3/2 (Life/2, Trenchcoat)
    Health: Matriarch - 1B/7
    Willpower 3/3
    Mana: 9/9
    Vulgars Cast: 0
    Personal Spells 2/3
    [6] Supernal Vision (Monthly Ritual)
    [5$] 2E Life Shield (Monthly Ritual)
    Active spells: 3/7
    [3$] Complex Transmission

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), 2 spare clips, pair of daggers (one is magical focus), Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), Purse ($57, gun permit, driving license)
    Phoenyx Scenes

PRE

"Less that it is undesirable and more that this Consillium is so small that having a Path or Order-based council ends up with nearly as many councillors as not," Phoenyx replies to Gemini nonchalantly, sipping her coffee. The statement is punctuated by a half-shrug. "Having someone responsible overall can cover the issues arising from paths with no members or individuals unwilling to assume the position of Councillor."

She watches around the room, noting the new arrival and how people are reacting to the ongoing debate.
    Obrimos Adamantine Arrow, Cloaked Monthly Rits (in minisheet)

10. Likes Ruach liked this post
    S
    Shodan

The scene ebbs and flows around Shodan and he allows it to. He accepts the coffe cup and the name of the Obrimos Councilor with a quick "I'll track her down" Still, that might be difficult - if you don't show up to two consecutive Consilium meetings, then you probably want to be left alone. He turns to Campanella "I just wanted to meet all the Big Names, you know? You and Aurora are here, Sand is next on my list. Without the boss of all things Mastigos that leaves the Acanthus Councillor, if you have one" He stops for a moment "Still, it'd be great to talk shop sometime. Maybe when this Hierarch thing blows over?"

Speaking of the current political struggle...

There are arguments exchanged multilaterally, and Shodan simply hopes they all decide to do all this Mortal Kombat thing today. Not just for entertainment value, but also because it's the best way for the Consilium not to get fived all to hell. It'd also be good to know where one stands for that inevitable Libertine Assembly.

Aaand there's another one. Silent. Let him. He'll have to speak up at some point.

Campanella
    Allies (City Hall)
    Allies (Criminal)
    Allies (Culture)
    Allies (Finance)
    Occult Skill
    Campanella
    Campanella
    Campanella's Scenes
    Stats

Clock

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1
    Personal Spells: 3/1

[2R] Analyze Artefact (Deep Scrutiny of Artefacts, Prolonged, 1 scene)
    [4R] Dark Matter (Matter Sight, Prolonged, 1 scene)
    [2R] One Mind, Two Thoughts (Prolonged, 1 scene)

Tangled Threads

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 4
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1
    Personal Spells: 1/3

[4] Aura Perception (Concentration, 1 scene)

[5] Third Eye (Mind Sight, Prolonged, 1 scene)

[2R] Unseen Aegis (Armor, 1 scene)

PRE

Campanella's face twitches.

"A part of me wishes to take up your offer, Alastor . However, a proper challenge has been made so it behoves us to follow the correct forms. We shall meet in the New Year and engage in our duel then. Thank you for your kind off, Winter . Let us complete the trial at the agreed upon time."

His attention was drawn by Shodan.

"There is none at this present time," he stated simply. A shot of sudden awareness ran through the Moros Councillor. Something Shodan had mentioned. He glanced up at Aurora and cast his eyes around the nave, seeking vainly for Sand. Campanella shuffled his feet a little uncomfortably.

Gemini's question offered an escape!

"The Consilium here has always been small. Councillor is less a position of influence and more a title of respect. I have been here a while and have accrued the position. Same with Aurora. Sand I believe was by acclaim. It only becomes important when there are enough of a Path in town at a given time to warrant those on the Path turning up to a meeting."

He shrugged.

"Sometimes the Paths can become a strong point of influence on the Consilium. Sometimes not. Here, I think we are individuals first and the Consilium reflects that."
    Campanella|Moros|Mysterium
    Gnosis: 4
    Occult Skill: 3

13. Likes Ruach liked this post
    A
    Alastor

With a respectful nod, Alastor replied, "Until the New Year, then," he said, agreeing with the Master before turning his attention to Gemini and her question. He stepped away from the Councilor and Winter with a brief nod, finding his way over to the young Libertine who had asked about his motives.

"You can ask me directly why I do things that I do. I don't mind. Welcome to Sacramento, Gemini. My name is Alastor, First Talon of the Adamantine Arrow. I apologize for making you wait."

With a gesture to the building, the group, the Arrow explained himself.

"A Throne is a Warrior's Prison. So says the Adamantine Arrow, and as the commander of this detachment of Talons, I believe this to be true. A Council seat is exactly that. Until recently, we had a Mastigos Councilor, but he has moved on - and I did not feel the need to sit in the seat for a Path of one. And in case you are thinking about the apparent inconsistency in reasoning, as far as my philosophy is concerned, there is no prison greater than that of Heirarch. It is not a position I desire. I would be very happy serving the right mandate as a Sentinel."

He paused a moment, letting that sink in before he continued.

"However, this is a Consilium at active war. Decimated and knocked out of time by our enemies, it requires decisive leadership. The Wisest must lead. I am glad that Campanella is stepping forward to meet me. I expect that he will hand me my magical ass. As he should, as a Master of the Art."

He gestured at the Masters with a hand.

"The thing is, for months, we've had indecisive leadership and an uncertain future. I will no longer accept that. Either I will lead, as a soldier in war, or I will serve a Mandate that has proven itself in the Duel and in action. I believe Winter could be that individual. I know Campanella or Aurora would be. In any event, our options are good. But for a long while, nobody stepped forward. Until now. Do you have any questions for me?"

Page 3 of 6 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last
Closed Thread