DISPLAYED
(On the Hunt) Safe Cracker

Page 3 of 7 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Last
    Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

PRE

Lindasfarne attempted to march Davis' handshake. The Hunter's hand was a little uncertain but not sweaty or unsteady. He acted professionally and took Blackbirds offered hand as well.

"Well. If you insist, John. I have heard some fascinating things about you as well. Kind of why I wanted in on this project when I heard of it. Putting in any old safe is easy. Building a safe to fit an authentic antebellum steamship - with maybe some modern upgrades - now that is... fun!"

To Blackbird directly: "Well. You will have to sink real money into this venture but I'm pretty certain if you are willing to suffer through it, you will get a good payoff at the end. John here has a certain reputation and star billing. And you will definitely have an attractive show piece once all is said and done. I doubt you'll have competition because the proposal's I've seen are fairly unique."

Lindasfarne waited on Aaron.

Lina, hidden away, has mixed success. It doesn't look like Lindasfarne has any other confederates or protections from what she can see. Something would have shown itself by now. In fact, from his attitude, one would suspect that the Hunter genuinely believed that this was a business opportunity. The only question is Lindasfarne's chunky driver: the Dragon does not know of him, has not heard a man of his description through any of her usual Channels; and perhaps more tellingly, the heavy set guy doesn't seem to quite know what to do - but from the tilt of his head he is trying to check out the area for signs of danger.

Presence
    (Confident)
    Status
    (Academics)
    Aaron van Valen

Aaron's voice is usually quite flat and emotionless, almost rusty, but he tries to make up for this with his facial expressions.

PRE

Aaron steps forward as well, and quite unusually for him, extends his hand to offer a handshake. He doesn't want to be the odd one out.

'Mr. Lindasfarne, a pleasure. Aaron van Valen is the name.' The Lord has no use for an alias. It's just one more way they can spot a lie.

He smiles politely, 'Hearing that from a third party seems like a good reassurance. I look forward to learning more about your work.'

That said, he looks to John. They could start the assault immediately, like he had done with the previous hunter. But he's curious to see the Daeva way of doing things.

L
    Lina Moretti

Ducking behind a corner, Moretti quickly reviewed her photograph to make sure the driver wasn't Kindred. That would be weird and highly unlikely, but nothing was impossible. Assuming that he wasn't, the photograph of the driver got shipped off to ol' Tony for his review.

Hey there - work thing - any idea who this fella is? Buy you coffee if you don't, and your favorite cigars if you do. -LM

Ringer on silent. It was probably safe to assume Tony wasn't going to be immediate in responding, but she could hold onto her phone just in case she got lucky. The investigator held tight. The conversation, she didn't need to be watching. It was the car and what happened on the street when Lindasfarne had moved in that Lina was after.

3 sux to see if Ol' Tony knows who this guy is!
    Date Action Roll Result
    2018-09-28 18:43:44 Lina Moretti rolls 8 to Ask Ol' Tony re: The Driver (Manipulation + Persuasion + Contacts) (10 Again) 9, 9, 3, 9, 4, 7, 3, 2 3 successes

J
    John Davis

"Good, I say, good. We are now all acquainted and can get to business." Davis hoped everyone followed his lead. Having been shot point blank in the gut once by two cornered hunters, he was not keen on having a repeat performance. "Let us take a look at the boat, shall we. If you follow me I will show you what shall soon be the finest boat on the Sacramento. Do forgive her nakedness. Even the finest lady needs to undress before she can impress." Davis gave a hearty chuckle at his rhyme.

Follow my lead, let us put some distance between the two kine. With luck, Lina can take out the driver while we take care of Corbin here. Davis hated that the man's fate. He really wanted the hunter to work on his boat. Perhaps there was a way to make that happen.

Public Identity: Lisbeth "Beth" Graham
    Striking Looks
    (Captivating)
    Allies
    (Criminals)
    Contacts
    (Criminals, Academia)
    Barfly
    New Identity
    (Lisbeth Graham)
    Blackbird

Daeva Curse - Glutton for Praise:
    Blackbird's ego often gets her into trouble. If someone offers Blackbird praise or compliments regarding her abilities when attempting to recruit her for a task, she finds the request quite difficult to refuse, even if such an action might be particularly dangerous to her well being.

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Blackbird smiled at Lindasfarne, nodding along with Aaron's response, "I have to agree with my partner, I had my doubts about the venture, but hearing your endorsement is quite reassuring. Coupled with Davis' vision and your expertise, its all quite promising." On one hand she was playing her role, on the other it was a small compliment to John. His plan could work.

The neonate happily followed behind Davis, equally intent on viewing her cousin's little pet project while also retaining her mask. It could provide Blackbird some insight into Davis' interests, which could prove valuable. She'd even chuckle at Davis' joke, shaking her head as she rolled her eyes lightly.

Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

PRE

There was no reason to delay. Davis lead the group into the hull of the river boat. It was not much of a tour at this stage: large parts of the deck was missing and the rooms were stripped back to mere shells. The paddle wheel was off to one side where it was being slowly rebuilt and there were no engines to speak of. Still, there were blue prints and vision to work from.

Date Action Roll Result
    2018-09-28 23:56:03 Someone rolls 4 to do something insignificant (10 Again) 8, 1, 8, 7 2 successes
    2018-09-28 23:55:42 Someone rolls 4 to do something insignificant (10 Again) 5, 4, 2, 5 failure

The chunky driver loiters, lingering by the vehicle as the little party move away. Then, discovering either courage or an idea about his actual role, he moves off as well. He explores the work yard, much as Lina had done. The Daeva Dragon watches him move: he is no investigator but he is making the effort.

And distracted by her text, she looses track of the big bald guy. It seems he may have some skills, after all...

L
    Lina Moretti

Clever boy. He obviously wasn't a natural at this, but Lina was impressed. He'd managed to give her the slip - for a moment. Binoculars came up, tracking he who would try to sneak away. Her private investigator ID badge was moved onto its lanyard and hung from her neck - after all, the Daeva had the legal right to be here and skulking in the shadows. Her client had asked her to. This was her turf.

Slide up on his tail in the shadows. Watch him. See if he was up to anything shady...

2 sux Per, 2 sux stealth
    Date Action Roll Result
    2018-09-29 13:23:17 Lina Moretti rolls 1 to Forgot the Binoculars Bonus Die (PER) (10 Again) 8 1 success
    2018-09-29 13:17:16 Lina Moretti rolls 5 to Dexterity + Stealth - cat and mouse! (10 Again) 10, 2, 5, 5, 9, 4 2 successes
    2018-09-29 13:15:54 Lina Moretti rolls 5 to Perception (Wits + Composure, Trained Observer, Heightened Senses) to find the sneaky! (10 Again) 6, 4, 7, 8, 6 1 success

Presence
    (Confident)
    Status
    (Academics)
    Aaron van Valen

Aaron's voice is usually quite flat and emotionless, almost rusty, but he tries to make up for this with his facial expressions.

PRE

Aaron follows the small group on the boat. He realizes the advantage of the hunter being separated from his driver. He could start his little brainwashing session right away...

Though, he could hold off just a minute. He needs to make sure they're inside properly with little chance of someone sneaking up on them. He knows Lina would warn them, but still, if he's using the Lord's Words it's hard to pick up a phone.

'Shall we begin with the real business then. Can you bring us to the safe location?'
    He asks John, the implications hopefully clear.

9. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post
    J
    John Davis

"Follow me, follow me." Davis takes them toward the skeleton of the Spirit of Sacramento. On the way he tosses his spent cigar into a pool of water, the hot embers snuffed out with a hiss. The boat is pulled ashore and mounted on stilts. A series of ramps leading to the main deck.

Once everyone is aboard. Davis explains the future developments of the boat. "This is the main deck. This will be the ground floor for entertainment from a stage that will be placed toward the aft. The floor here will be open and modifiable for whatever entertainment might be defined as on any particular evening." Davis points and makes grand gestures.

"Behind the stage will be dressing rooms and sundry facilities. That will be the primary location of the office and money room. I want the vault to be installed there near the machine room for the wheel. It has the benefit of being low on the water line so as not to throw the ship off ballast. Can't have her sink on her maiden voyage can we?" Davis laughs at his joke.

"But primarily a safety feature of the vault would be the ability to drop it below the boat should the need arise, thereby allowing it to be securely retrieved by a support craft." Davis mused over the real reasons he wanted a drop safe on the boat. It served a double purpose that hopefully his fellow Kindred would either appreciate or fear. How many kindred sit at the bottom of the Mississippi locked in an upright safe? Thank you, Houdini, for the idea.

"So Corbin, it needs to be airtight. Can't be liquidating our assets by getting them wet." Davis gives another chuckle.

"Upstairs will be a balcony level with tables and chairs. The bar will be located up there along with the light and sound booth. The third deck is a completely private deck with its own bar. And of course, above it, all will be the pilot house and captains quarters." Davis paused to let them all absorb it in before probing them with questions.

"What questions do you have and are you ready to view the engine room and proposed vault location?" Davis was leading the hunter to the one portion of the ship that was still mostly intact. The engine room did not contain wood, it was all metal and machinery. It also provided Aaron cover to breach the first and put the whammy on Corbin L.

Public Identity: Lisbeth "Beth" Graham
    Striking Looks
    (Captivating)
    Allies
    (Criminals)
    Contacts
    (Criminals, Academia)
    Barfly
    New Identity
    (Lisbeth Graham)
    Blackbird

Daeva Curse - Glutton for Praise:
    Blackbird's ego often gets her into trouble. If someone offers Blackbird praise or compliments regarding her abilities when attempting to recruit her for a task, she finds the request quite difficult to refuse, even if such an action might be particularly dangerous to her well being.

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Blackbird followed closely behind, keeping near her 'colleague' Aaron as the tour proceeded. Listening to Davis' ideas, the neonate maintains her mask of professional, smiling lightly but not really allowing her feelings to surfaxe save for a mild sense of interest. However, the mask cracks lightly, just for a moment as Davis explains the 'safety feature' of the safe, he face wearing an expression of slight confusion.

It's 2018 and this man is worried about pirates? Or is he really so paranoid that it could be a target for some real Oceans Eleven crap?

Blackbird again composes herself, returning to her adopted facade as she turns her head to the Lindasfarne, her expression one of mild curiosity as she examines the safe cracker's face to see his reaction to Davis' plans. It could provide further insight into whether or not the safe cracker was truly committing to the project, unwittingly offering his services to the beings he hated most.

If she were still human, she might have felt bad for him. A sheep unknowingly surrounded by wolves. However, the man was scum and as such, Blackbird would relish in assisting in his demise.

When would the time come to reveal themselves?

Soon.

Page 3 of 7 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Last
Closed Thread