(Criminals)
    Contacts
    (Criminals, Academia)
    Barfly
    New Identity
    (Lisbeth Graham)
    Blackbird

Daeva Curse - Glutton for Praise:
    Blackbird's ego often gets her into trouble. If someone offers Blackbird praise or compliments regarding her abilities when attempting to recruit her for a task, she finds the request quite difficult to refuse, even if such an action might be particularly dangerous to her well being.

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

A muffled snort sounds from the neonate's throat as Clara explains Davis' submission after a 'whipping'.

I hope it hurt.

Blackbird's eyes widen lightly in surprise as Clara seemingly attacks the task the Harpy was afforded following her... misstep in the last court, but she wisely says nothing. Clara was in a place to trade barbs with Rebecca. Blackbird was not, but she was living for it. And the faint grin on her face showed it, for a moment at least, before the neonate remembered herself and regarded the Giant and his greeting.

At his title, Blackbird would offer a bow of her head in respect, though she did not grant the Hierophant a curtsy, for he was no leader of hers. Nonetheless, there was no reason she shouldn't be cordial. Thus, Blackbird offered a coy smile as the large Haunt inquired about her identity, "A pleasure, Hierophant," she offered, her voice a soft coo of etiquette, "I am Blackbird, a neonate of Clan Daeva without any afforded titles, I am humbled by your recognition."

See? Blackbird knew how to play the game. When she cared to.

Then the little bird's attention returned to the biting comments of the Harpy. Blackbird respected the Lord's forward nature as she pricked into Clara, but... she was within the presence of the Daeva Priscus as she granted her veiled threat to supplant Whip Verne as Davis'... teacher should she fail. A smirk crossed the neonate's lips, but her body became slightly more rigid, regarding the Harpy with an unblinking stare for some long moments before Priscus Moretti moved to protect her clanmate and remind the Harpy of the company she currently kept. Rebecca was amid a group of Daeva and, while Blackbird felt almost nothing for Davis, she knew Clara to be... capable enough.

At Lina's words, the neonate relaxed, returning to her carefully practiced poise - and her practiced silence. The time would come when Blackbird could speak her mind, but for now she was a pawn in the game. And she knew it. She'd play the role until an opportunity arose to reach for thicker branches above.

Striking Looks
    (Enticing Vixen)
    Presence
    (Vivacious)
    Clara E. Verne

H: 5'8"
    Misc: speaks with a light French accent

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Of course. We all serve at the pleasure of the Prince, Harpy Simmons."

Clara's ears perked up when Rebecca started to mention John's guidance. Then, veering into the unexpected, Rebecca alluded to Clara being responsible for John's possible re-education. Her head tilted to one side as the Bacchante's still face observed the Lord. An eyebrow quirked at Rebecca's final insinuation. It's like John and her share a mind. Maybe his fears weren't unfounded. She turned to greet Krieg, "A pleasant evening to you, Hierophant Krieg. At least, as pleasant as can be. Given the circumstances." Clara didn't look at the pile of ash that had been Izayoi.

The Priscus of Clan Daeva had cut in as she greeted the Giant. That's unexpected. "Priscus Moretti, your expectations flatter me. I shall work to be worthy of the praise of the Regent of Florin." She dipped her head towards the Dragon and turned her satisfied look towards the friendly Lord.

"Your approval, however, makes me blush, Harpy Simmons. I am but a simple vagrant. In my wildest dreams I wouldn't have the impertinence of asking the honor to do such a service on behalf of the First Estate!" Clara's tone hit the inflection of epiphany. "But to be praised by one as elegant as yourself. I couldn't say no to any such request for the Domain with such sincere accolades."

She dipped her head and curtsied deeply before the Lord. "Thank you for extolling my modest ability." She held the curtsy for a pregnant pause and rose slowly to hold Rebecca's gaze. "Of course, I am only a foolish girl easily swayed by praise, but I imagine the First Estate would want a say in such a matter. And a plan proposed before anything was decided." Her smile sweetened as she let her gaze linger on the Lord of Whispers. "I humbly beg you and I reconvene—soon—to more freely discuss this sensitive matter. What say you, Harpy Simmons?"

3. Likes Stray liked this post
    R
    Rebecca Simmons

Rebecca's eyes drifted to Lina as she went to intervene. It did not surprise Rebecca, Lina was the Daeva Priscus after all. Nor could she fault the bitter woman for thinking she was the one in control of the conversation. Rebecca's mask held firm. Then Clara continued to speak and she only made Rebecca's path all the more clear.

"Priscus Moretti," she said in a pleasant tone, as now the woman was clearly taking on her family role, "you raise a very interesting point. Whose burden is it to teach a wayward Kindred what is proper etiquette: Family or Covenant?" Her eyes then drifted back to Clara, her friendly smile firmly in place. "Only after we determine that can we know for certain who is doing who a favor, and who is merely fulfilling their natural obligations." She paused, her thoughts lingering on how strongly they seemed to push to lay the blame with the First Estate.

Rebecca then shifted from one foot to the other, appearing quite relaxed and comfortable. "But you are right. We should meet and iron out the details of who this responsibility lies with. Because if we conclude that this is a matter within the sole purview of the First Estate I will be speaking to Judex Twist and requesting I handle the matter of his education personally. I obviously want to make sure it's done right." If they wanted to try and levy the blame for his failed behavior on the First Estate, then Rebecca would purge him of his etiquette impurities herself. She would not allow some 'vagrant' to claim she did Rebecca a favor when one was not owed.

L
    Lina Moretti

"The answer is both, but in the case of an Alder Knight of the First Estate, I am genuinely surprised you would step aside at all for an Unaligned that you barely know, Harpy. Only the Invictus can teach Invictus manners," the Priscus of Clan Daeva pointed out. "I'll discipline the Succubi as required, and Mr. Davis has paid appropriate recompense to our Clan for the embarrassment."

She glanced at Clara, then back.

"So. For everyone's benefit. Please let me make my position with respect to this clear, because I have to listen to any more bickering about this guy, I'm going to take matters into my own hands and he's going to become my personal beatstick down in Florin facing the enemies of the Domain until the Prince says otherwise. This is me, encouraging you two to work together. Obviously you both have a vested interest in his success, as his friend," a nod to Clara, "and the Harpy and his Covenantmate," a nod to Rebecca. "Teamwork. It makes the dream work, guys."

She winked. This was going to be a nightmare for the two of them, but they would be better for it.

"Are there any issues here that need to be resolved with respect to me? Because I've got goodbyes to say and a Regency to protect."

K
    Krieg

Krieg's eyes shifted between them all as the women sniped at one another. Moretti's stance was crystal clear. Cat fight...He counted himself as fortunate that he was not among the Daeva.

Moretti's announcement that she was leaving left him a bit saddened. As she said, just call ahead before entering Florin. "Well, my timing is quite unfortunate to catch you on your way out, Regent. I hope you are well."

Turning his attention to Blackbird, who seemed to stay out of the trouble, "So, Blackbird, would you mind telling me a bit of yourself?"

Public Identity: Lisbeth "Beth" Graham
    Striking Looks
    (Captivating)
    Allies
    (Criminals)
    Contacts
    (Criminals, Academia)
    Barfly
    New Identity
    (Lisbeth Graham)
    Blackbird

Daeva Curse - Glutton for Praise:
    Blackbird's ego often gets her into trouble. If someone offers Blackbird praise or compliments regarding her abilities when attempting to recruit her for a task, she finds the request quite difficult to refuse, even if such an action might be particularly dangerous to her well being.

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Blackbird watches as Clara and the Harpy engage in further sniping with one another before eventually agreeing to reconvene to discuss the matter at later time. Then came Mama Moretti, wielding her own barbed words in response to the Harpy not fighting to further secure Davis under her tutelage. And, at the comment of potential harm coming to Davis if the bickering continued, Blackbird only smiled. Her Priscus had a certain flair, even if her words were plainly stated.

Either way a victory. Davis either learns or he serves as fodder.

To Lina's question to the group, Blackbird lightly shook her head, "I have no issues of concern, dear Priscus," she offered, "I hope your evening finds you in... more pleasant circumstances than what has been afforded." With that, Blackbird would bow her head, holding it for a moment. Lina was not one who cared for formality, but Blackbird felt she deserved some affirmation of respect following the battle of words.

Raising her head, Blackbird would regard the Giant as he spoke to her again directly. Her smile faded to a coy smirk as a curious expression alighted her pale face.

"You flatter me with your interest, Hierophant," the neonate says, her words honeyed in order to soothe over the... cat fight the Haunt has had to endure. Then a pause as Blackbird searches her mind to properly answer the Hierophant's question "I am certainly willing to indulge your curiosity. What would you like to know?"

Certainly, the question was a difficult one to answer outright without knowing what content Krieg had hoped to learn. There was much about herself that Blackbird could share, but she certainly didn't want to recite a novella. Did he want to know where she was from? Her time among the kine? Why she had come to Sacramento? Truly, there was a myriad of questions and Blackbird, for the most part, was an open book.

8. Likes Riks liked this post

Striking Looks
    (Enticing Vixen)
    Presence
    (Vivacious)
    Clara E. Verne

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Why, that's a brilliant idea Priscus Moretti." Clara nodded towards Lina. "My Priscus's wish on this matter is known. Her Whip shall execute it." Whether or not Lina figured out what Clara had been angling for, the Dragon laid down crucial support to help achieve the Bacchante's goal—without Clara having to ask. Her input also had the added bonus of not having to use Prestation to cajole the Harpy. Was it maybe the boon she'd received tonight?

"I'd be more than happy to work with the First Estate. Oh, isn't it lucky that the Judex, her Grace the Duchess of Sacramento, is well-versed with both the covenant and Family aspects of this issue! You have made my course clear with your direction, Priscus Moretti. I only humbly beg my Priscus that I speak on behalf of Clan Daeva for this issue and present my case to Her Grace, the Most Righteous Judex Twist."

A whole week ahead of schedule. Clara would have to find something else to do with her time. Maybe mini-golf, she mused.

R
    Rebecca Simmons

Rebecca paused for a moment before answering Lina. It was clear she was still being friendly, but her smile was more shallow than before. For the moment, she was talking to Lina and Lina alone. "Quite right, though I had never planned on stepping aside completely. I only planned on allowing your Clan to have first crack at getting things in order, and I only did that much because I trust your judgment of character. If Miss Verne is worthy of being your Whip, then surely I can assume she can handle education on reasonable etiquette. But I was always planning to step in to correct where he was lacking in regards to the First Estate."

Her eyes then shifted to Clara as the vixen continued, almost as if she was trying to push Rebecca out of the matter altogether now. "It appears we are in agreement Whip Verne. Her Grace, yourself, and I shall meet and discuss the best course of action in resolving this matter." There was need for further debate.

Once she had spoke, Rebecca turned her eyes to Blackbird and Krieg and listened to the direction of their conversation.

L
    Lina Moretti

"Hearing what you wanted to hear, Verne."

Moretti slowly rounded on Clara. The Whip had overplayed her hand, but Lina didn't sound pissed. Rather, it was like she was reporting rules or something; it was hard to be mad at Verne right now when she'd just done so well with Davis.

"My position is that Clan discipline has been paid, and that his penalty for his various and sundry offenses was that which you have acquired for me. You have done your duty as Whip. You have seen him pay dearly for his actions, and that is why I am obligated to see this matter concluded for his offenses to date. That is my duty as one who has accepted prestation as a resolution of a matter. In short, you and me? We've done our part. If he steps out again, then we'll deal with him again - as is our job."

She glanced to the Harpy. Rebecca Simmons knew how important Prestation and following it was to the Grand Wyrm.

"Twist, as a Covenant leader, also has the option to deal with the old offenses, and by the sound of it, she intends to. If you want to petition Twist to be allowed to oversee fixing his manners alongside whoever the First Estate chooses, that's fine. But that's a personal matter, not a Clan matter. The Clan matter for his past offences is settled."

Her index finger lazily pointed back and forth between the two.

"Y'all just remember, I'll be talking to Twist too. It doesn't take much to see there's a chess game at play here between you two. So. If I hear that my name or wishes are being bandied about, deliberately interpreted wrong, twisted around, manipulated or weaponized by either of my allies - which you both are - I will be... displeased. As his friend, and as his Harpy... work together. Make him do well here. Stay on target, for this is the objective, and you might just find he's useful to both of you."

The Priscus of Clan Daeva threw a peace sign as she moseyed away, clearly done.

"Peace out."

Lina Moretti returns to court.

Striking Looks
    (Enticing Vixen)
    Presence
    (Vivacious)
    Clara E. Verne

+1
    SL
    PRE

Clara acquiesced with an apologetically easy smile. "Your position is crystal clear, Priscus Moretti." Why lie to the woman who wielded truth like a Tommy gun?

She dipped her head again as Lina left. The Dragon had her fill of the political opportunity that serendipity had placed before Clara. She turned towards Rebecca for a last time. "Your help and praise are most appreciated, Harpy Simmons. I hope you have a pleasant evening." She made her way to exit the group and stopped to whisper into the ear of Rebecca Simmons .

"Let's meet in earnest. Work out the details between us two before we go to Judex Twist. Elysium. I'll arrange it. I do want there to be no secrets between us. And I hope you'll accept my invitation." She paused to sigh. "Thanks for making this all possible. You're pretty good." She then turned towards the other assembled Kindred.

"It has been a pleasure all. Hierophant Krieg, petit oiseau, Theo. Your company has been most comforting during this Court. Bonsoir!" She began her slow walk away from the group.

She took a leisurely pace towards the doors to collect her thoughts. Lina may have had her fill tonight, but Clara's own appetite for politics mattered little. Reputation and status was worth nothing next to keeping a Vampire from ash or exile.

Clara rejoins the main thread.

Page 3 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 21

You do not have permission to view the list of names.