(Criminals)
    Contacts
    (Criminals, Academia)
    Barfly
    New Identity
    (Lisbeth Graham)
    Blackbird

Daeva Curse - Glutton for Praise:
    Blackbird's ego often gets her into trouble. If someone offers Blackbird praise or compliments regarding her abilities when attempting to recruit her for a task, she finds the request quite difficult to refuse, even if such an action might be particularly dangerous to her well being.

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Blackbird was still reeling from execution as Rebecca approached. She was staring absently at the floor, her face twisted in an expression of solemn contemplation. It was the Harpy's kind voice that broke the neonate from her silent thoughts, returning her to the reality of the situation as she looked up in a look of quiet revelation. Clearing her throat, Blackbird would tactfully rub away the remnants of scarlet from her cheek, taking a moment to regain her composure before granting the Harpy her familiar smirk.

The neonate would dip her head in respect as she was acknowledged, "The feeling is mutual, Madam Harpy. I am well enough considering the circumstances, thank you."

However, it seemed the Harpy had not come to speak to her, instead looking to familiarize herself with the Rogue. Thus, Blackbird would return to her normal poise, folding her hands in front of her before glancing to Theo and awaiting his response to the Harpy's introduction. Now was her chance to see how her most recent interest handled himself with the Prince's inner circle.

L
    Lina Moretti

Moretti remained still as she gazed off in a thousand-yard stare, Blackbird's hand gripping her shoulder. It didn't trouble her. It was a moment of understanding, intimacy within fear and awe at the death of an immortal. In its own way, it was actually kind of nice. Kindred didn't touch each other for support. That was a mortal thing - but both of them were young. They remembered that touch...

"Harpy Simmons," the Dragon greeted her back. "Good to see ya. This is Theo, of Clan Mekhet."

The Priscus was speaking, but her mind was elsewhere, lost somewhere in the lines between fear and awe at that which had occurred tonight.

Striking Looks
    (Enticing Vixen)
    Presence
    (Vivacious)
    Clara E. Verne

H: 5'8"
    Misc: speaks with a light French accent

+1
    SL
    PRE

I grabbed a pile of dust, and holding it up, foolishly asked for as many birthdays as the grains of dust. Clara was distracted. The voices around her were a cacophony of distant distractions. The weight of what she'd just seen dulled her ears and left her momentarily senseless. Her expression was indiscernible and her eyes focused on the center forehead of whoever was speaking. Even in shock, the Duchagne Whip ensured the facade of Court convention was followed.

It was the press of a new Beast that stirred Clara into action. Big doe eyes fell on Doctor Simmons. "A sweet agony, Harpy Simmons—for you, I'd endure my heart beating," she started, then paused. "No, that isn't right. To you, I offer my total and complete attention." Clara said with a smile that might have been sincere if she wasn't parroting Simmons' words back at her.

She examined Rebecca's friendly features as she spoke. Her hand reached out and brushed at an imaginary speck of dust on Rebecca's shoulder; her fingers lingered on the Doctor's bare flesh. The press of another predator pulled the words out of Clara. "We simply don't speak enough. Let's remedy that," her voice was melodic and her expression politely interested, "Last I saw you, you were going to discuss business with our Most Majestic Prince Antinori. And now you are her Majesty's Harpy. Please, regale us all with the great service you've done for our Most Illustrious Prince." Cool. Evenly voiced. Then, Clara added a dash of a coquettish smirk. "Of course, I wouldn't want to put you on the spot. Nerves and all."

Clara didn't get this far by stopping to reflect on her Requiem or those who ended as ash. She pushed the thought deep down into the fog of forgetfulness even as it squirmed and protested to be heard: I forgot to ask that they be years of harmony.

R
    Rebecca Simmons

The first thing Rebecca noticed was that Blackbird appeared deeply affected by the execution. Understandable. Finality can have that effect on someone, especially 'immortals'. "That's good to hear. It's not every day we witness an execution. Let's hope it's the last for some time." Tone could change words. The friendliness of Rebecca's mask massaged the words as they came out; a polite earnestness laced within them.

She then focused on Lina, mentally taking in the man's name. She did not comment or stare at Blackbird's hand on Lina's shoulder, but she saw it. Instead she merely nodded her head at the Priscus's response, offering a quick, "thank you," since she too appeared to need a moment to recover.

Then Clara spoke. The mirror of Rebecca's own words did not escape her. Then she watched as Clara's hand entered her personal space, in what she assumed was to appear as a friendly gesture. Her fingers lingering on Rebecca's skin. Was she being patronizing? Sincere? Antagonistic? If she was the latter Rebecca felt some semblance of respect for the woman. At least this Daeva knew how to banter better than the Daeva-begging-to-be-known-as-colonel. Of course no sign of surprise or uneasiness escaped from underneath Rebecca's mask. Slowly, almost too slowly, a smile crept onto Rebecca's face. If her mask had not been on her face it would almost appear menacing. "I'm glad to hear I have your total and complete attention. Isn't that what all good Harpy's ask for?"

Her head tilted slightly, her smile never failing. "So true. I have been waiting to get to know you more. Unfortunately my story will be far less interesting than you might imagine. As you probably already know, a true Harpy is more of a confirmation of what's already plain to see. She merely made formal what I was already informally doing. So I guess you could say my 'great service' was me just being....me. So. Nothing to be nervous about. Of course with that confirmation comes the responsibility and power of enforcing the Domain's ever growing Prestation. Again though. Merely something I was already doing."

She paused for a moment. "I will say I don't recall officially congratulating you on your position of Whip though, so...congratulations. I must say, I like you more and more each time we speak Whip Verne. I find you to be quite...bold. Very wise choice Priscus Moretti," she said, her tone still friendly. But she did not move her eyes from Clara as she said it.

L
    Lina Moretti

An amused half-smile crossed Moretti's face as she picked up on the Danse here. A testing blow, swashing around the outside, by Clara - and a deft reply from the Doctor. Could it be that Clara had intentions?

Her hand found her hip as the other dangled by her side. "Thank you, Harpy. A Clan's Whip should be bold, and Ms. Verne certainly fits the bill." She glanced at the Whip, then back to Simmons. "And I certainly was pleased to hear of your appointment. I actually had some business to advise you of."

She produced the marker from John Davis that Clara had so kindly procured.

"I am led to understand by this letter and by my Whip's testimony that Mr. Davis wishes to offer me a Major Boon. I will accept his Prestation."

Public Identity: Lisbeth "Beth" Graham
    Striking Looks
    (Captivating)
    Allies
    (Criminals)
    Contacts
    (Criminals, Academia)
    Barfly
    New Identity
    (Lisbeth Graham)
    Blackbird

Daeva Curse - Glutton for Praise:
    Blackbird's ego often gets her into trouble. If someone offers Blackbird praise or compliments regarding her abilities when attempting to recruit her for a task, she finds the request quite difficult to refuse, even if such an action might be particularly dangerous to her well being.

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

At the Harpy's earnest statement, Blackbird offered a nod. As the three older Kindred around her began to speak with one another, Blackbird remained contentedly in the background, her poise maintained with hands folding gently in front of her. Instead, she glanced to the greater room, noting Floki had returned to Mable's orbit. A curious smile, crossed the neonate's lips, but she was already quite certain what her rakish friend and the Seneschal had spoken about.

A new Kindred in Court speaking to Selena. What else could it be, B?

In time, she'd confirm it with the Mekhet, but for now Blackbird found her attention drawn back to the trio before her as Harpy and Whip had their duel of words. Clara tested the fence and Rebecca maintaining her quiet confidence, perhaps showing just a sliver of why the Prince had chosen her to act in the capacity of Harpy. At Rebecca's comment on Clara's boldness, Blackbird only smirked.

It's like she's calling Clara a bitch, but in a nice way.

Honestly, though she stayed silent, Blackbird found herself agreeing with Rebecca, or at least with her interpretation of what she felt the Harpy had meant. Clara was tastefully wicked and capable, though Blackbird was certain she had only scene the surface of the Whip's true depths.

Finally to her Priscus, the neonate offers a look of interest and light surprise, then she turns to Clara, her familiar smirk dancing across her lips, "Congratulations on your success in getting our dear cousin to see reason, Whip Verne," she offers. The congratulations were genuine. She knew little about John, but what she did know was that the man seemed more adept at burning bridges than building them.

Let's hope he continues to listen... but if he does fall would it really be that bad?

Striking Looks
    (Enticing Vixen)
    Presence
    (Vivacious)
    Clara E. Verne

H: 5'8"
    Misc: speaks with a light French accent

+1
    SL
    PRE

The jab was there, but Clara didn't see the slight shift in Simmons' expression. The subtle tick that betrayed intention. She remained affable. She's either dumb, love-struck, or has a really good poker face. Clara didn't want to be pulled in by Simmons' friendly demeanor. This woman could be the spark that sets John off one day. Focused. Stay focused.

"Well, a good Harpy doesn't need to ask," she said with deliberate pause. "That must be why you already have mine." Clara found it easy if she just focused on the Doctor's words instead of her expression. Her words gave source to Clara's suspicions. "So it's in your nature. I can respect that," she said as Rebecca explained how she became the Prince's pick. Her voice hit the right notes for authenticity. Clara's smirk, though, was small and sharp at Rebecca's praise. "The Priscus of the Daeva is decisive, Harpy Simmons. Our clan benefits much from her wisdom. Just as the Resplendent Prince Antinori benefits from you being you."

Lina presented the page from John's own ledger to the Harpy. A Major Boon acquired over a long night. The meek bird in the background chirped praise at the Prestation John had given to Lina. Her gaze fell on Blackbird as she spoke. "Yes, Colonel Davis." Clara said, sampling the name. She mulled her words over for a moment. "A man most eager to serve the Prince and the Domain. After a proper whipping," she said with a wink.

She brought one hand to her hip and turned to face the Harpy Rebecca Simmons. "I do hope we can count on your support to help our cousin. You two must get on famously, after all. Cleaning Elysium together." She tilted her head to one side and asked with a breathy voice barely higher than a whisper, "How is Colonel Davis as a housekeeper? Does he meet our Harpy's expectations? I'm ashamed to say I haven't seen him perform the duties the Prince placed on you both. Poor Whip that I am, I'd be most grateful to hear our capable Harpy's assessment of the Colonel. And don't feel restricted to janitorial matters. I'd love to hear all about how close you two have gotten. Familial concern and all." She glanced about the warehouse. "Oh, are we here because Elysium isn't ready?" She said offhandedly like one might ask if they'd left the stove on.

K
    Krieg

Krieg's long shadow preceded him. Among so many unveiled Beasts, his Blood quivered with indecision. He chose to greet Rebecca, first as she was the voice of social conscience. "Madame Harpy," he smiled with a teasing glimmer in his eyes. As tempted as he was, the Hierophant couldn't call her Rebecca in front of all of these Kindred at a formal Court.

Then to Lina, "Regent Moretti, congratulations. I am marveled by your meteoric rise."

His gaze shifted some faces he knew, others not so much. "Miss Verne, such a delight, as always," the vivacious Daeva vixen always seemed to have a smile that hinted at mischief.

Then to the neonate with dark hair. "Forgive me...I don't recall your name..." At last, the one without a Beast at all. "And you, I do not believe I have seen before..."

"I am Krieg, Hierophant of the Circle of the Crone."

R
    Rebecca Simmons

Rebecca's head shifted as Lina drew her attention, her smile holding firm as she was informed about Davis' new boon. "How interesting. I'm curious what action or service could warrant a Major boon, but alas," she said, holding a hand up gently and looking back towards Clara, "if Whip Verne was involved I imagine it's Clan business. A Major boon from Alder Davis to Priscus Moretti shall be recorded." While she was personally curious, she understood Lina enough to know the woman would tell Rebecca the circumstances if Lina wanted her to know. Instead she focused on making a mental note to add the new boon to her ledger later. Her eyes then shifted back to Lina, her smile growing, as she continued. "And I forgot to mention, but congratulations on being given a Regency. I wonder, would you prefer to be known as Regent, Priscus, Grand Wyrm or all three?" she asked playfully.

Blackbird continued the congratulations of Clara in regards to Davis, so Rebecca's gaze returned to Clara as the banter continued. At no time did her friendly smile ever leave her face. "It's good I don't have to ask to hold your attention. It would appear we have both found our place in the Domain. That's quite fortunate."

Clara spoke a little more on Davis, including mentions of the cleaning the Prince assigned them. Unfortunately Davis and her had not gotten together to handle cleaning Elysium proper. That would need to be done immediately. But she did recall when he left court the last time, mopping up on his way out, that it was done adequately. "We still have much to do in regards to the cleaning, so I shall reserve final judgment of the quality of his work until then. But I plan on meeting with him very soon to make sure the Prince's directive is completed to her satisfaction."

She then switched focus towards a different aspect of Davis. "But I assure you, I am absolutely willing to help. Everyone needs a little guidance from time to time, some more than others. At times I wonder if his misfortune is more attributed to avoidable mistakes than malice. If he would only just ask, I would be more than willing to help him clear up some of the confusion he's caused. I'm sure he doesn't purposely insult those around him with his words and actions. I guess with age just comes a lack of common sense, but that can always be retaught with the help of the right teacher. I imagine you are more than capable of helping Alder Davis in his desire to eagerly serve the Prince and the Domain." She paused deliberately, just as Clara had, her smile never wavering, before continuing. "Of course I won't hesitate to step in and assist in his...education should it be clear your lessons prove inadequate." She paused again. "There are only so many opportunities for rehabilitation after all." Underneath the ever friendly tone was the clear understanding that Colonel Davis was running out of chances to right the sinking ship he was on. Hopefully Clara wouldn't be chained to the deck if calamity could not be averted. Her gaze lingered on Clara as the tension built. Finally she spoke, as if knowing the tension was as taut as it could possibly be. "Of course, as I said, I imagine you are more than capable of handling the task Whip Verne."

Rebecca's eyes then shifted to Krieg as the giant approached. "Hierophant Krieg. What a pleasure to see you again." It was remarkable how the look and tone Rebecca had with Clara and Krieg was completely indistinguishable. For anyone watching Rebecca exhibited no animosity toward Clara or Davis at all, but was merely friendly and pleasant.

L
    Lina Moretti

Moretti appeared initially amused as the little jabs flew like needles between Verne and Simmons. That amusement, however, slowly but surely began to degrade into neutrality as allies fought among themselves. She glanced at Bird, glanced at Clara, glanced at Rebecca, wondering if the neonate could see the tiniest, most invisible wounds open in the probing strikes of a battle of wills. "It was a decision made more decisive by you proving you could exceed expectations, Whip." She leaned in to the Harpy as she tried to lace into Verne. "And Madame Harpy, whichever title is appropriate in the scenario is the best one, I think."

A point needed to be made when it came to the idea that Simmons was going to sit back and let the Unaligned Whip of the Daeva do the First Estate's training for them.

"Harpy Simmons, Ms. Verne has demonstrated skill in the first steps of turning chaff into wheat, for sure. But he is your Covenant mate. So. If you are going to leave it to her, then should her efforts should eventually bear fruit, I trust you will see to it that it is very publicly known that Whip Verne is worthy of favor - for she will have done the First Estate a great favor." Blink. Blink. "Won't you?"

To Krieg, she raised a hand in a wave. "Heirophant, thanks. You're too kind. Needless to say if you wish to come visit, you're more than welcome. Just call ahead." She smiled, the point woven into the politeness. Florin wasn't a place for tourists. "This gentleman is Theo. He's charming, Krieg. You'll love him."

Page 2 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 21

You do not have permission to view the list of names.