Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

(Witch Hunters) The Inquisition

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last

Beneath the Circle of Creation lay a literal labyrinth of concrete corridors and rooms, all of various purposes, and many with purposes that had yet to be determined. One set of rooms, however, had a very clear purpose. First, there was a corridor lined with cells, and at the far end were two rooms separated by a one way mirror. One held a tables bolted to the floor, along with four metal chairs. The other held simple folding furniture.

This was where the intrepid Magi brought their captive, straight out of the fire, and the madness. Perhaps, here, they could make some sense of the chaos they had just emerged from.

2. Likes liked this post
    Occultation
    Knot

Nimbus
    Knot appears, for a moment, as a marionette, roughly carved from wood and painted in a facsimile of life, bound up in a spiderweb tangle of it's own strings, that are pulled every-which way by unseen hands.
    General Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Defense: 6 (3)

Active Spells: 3 / 6
    Base Paradox: 2 die
    Personal Spells
    2e Fortune's Protection
    (potency 8, +3 defense)

Temporal Eddies
    (potency 1, mage sight)

OCC
    PRE

The Mysterium wing did not have restraints, as such.

Well they had restraints, but they were sacred ritual restraints, and not for outsiders to see. They definitely weren't prisoner restraining restraints. So they made due with extension cords and duct tape.

After having searched her and tying her down in one of the chairs inside the interrogation room, Knot dumped all her things on thw table in the agacent room for the four magi that reeked of fire and smoke and soot and exhaustion to look over while they figured out just what the fuck they were going to do next."

"I don't suppose any of you have any more experience with this sort of thing than I do?"

Talk about questions he never thought he'd be asking.

"If anyone knows any spells that would help get info we can trust from her, now's the time to share them."

One thing he knew was that if they went in there without some organization and a plan, it would likely fall apart.

Falling apart, in this case, probably not getting any good intel. And killing her.

Knot's stomach turned at that last thought. Fuck. They were probably going to have to kill her anyway, weren't they?
    Active Spells: 2e Fortune's Protection (Rote), Temporal Eddies (Improvised)

4. Likes Cayce, liked this post
    Presence
    (Insubstantial)
    Striking Looks
    (Unseelie Beauty)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Haunting)
    Banshee

Libertine Moros who calls herself Jane Doe around Sleepers.

Nimbus

A figure in Banshee’s distorted image flays the Moros from the inside, ripping and tearing at her flesh, desperately seeking an escape from this cage of meat.
    Stats

Health:
    Backlash:
    Mana: |
    WP: |
    Armor 1/0
    Defense 2
    Occult 3

Vulgar
    Active Spells: 2 / 5
    Personal Spells: Dual Casted 2E Death Shield/Grim Sight (Sight Pot 1, Shield Pot 6)

+1
    SL
    +1
    DV
    PRE

"Just what I've seen on TV." she admits with a whisper, eyes hard, and mouth tight. "I really wouldn't know where to start...perhaps simple questions first. Gentle questions first...then maybe ah..." she trails off.

The women was a monster, but they weren't.

"If needs must I throw up on her." It would be gruesome and unsettling in the extreme, no one she had met had...enjoyed Banshee's...creation of ectoplasm.
    Health: | Mana: | Willpower:
    Monthly Rits: Dual Casted 2E Death Shield/Grim Sight (Sight Pot 1, Shield Pot 6)

6. Likes Stray, Cayce liked this post
    C
    Cricket

Cricket got both his battered body and pride into the makeshift interrogation room with their captive. His clothing was a grisly mess, sticking to him with a mix of dried blood, sweat, and the grime of soot. He'd rather that than death, even if he still felt a bit like it.

He joined in on the grim huddle. "Yeah, other than auditions for Law & Order clones I got no interrogation experience. It's not something I've practiced a ton or anything, but there is a trick I heard about. There are something like a hundred bill' nerves in the human body. Turning them to 11 on the pain scale can be real convincing." He gave a narrow, dark look over towards the room they'd bound the woman in.

The question was if he really wanted to sink that low. This was a potentially brainwashed woman, surely suffering regardless. He remembered how powerless he'd felt before Awakening, always being cheated of something he couldn't even describe beyond a vague sense of dignity. He raged against those with what he saw as unfair privilege -- but what would that have meant if he'd learned about Mages? Worse still from someone bitter or hurt by the worst of them.

Makes good choices!
    Date Action Roll Result
    2018-09-04 15:08:22 Cricket rolls 4 to Good cop/Bad cop? (Comp 2 + Res 2) (10 Again) 10, 6, 3, 1, 8 2 successes

Cricket sighed as his internal Jiminy chirped at him to be better. "But why don't we try something simple to start, like talking? Believe it or not, I can be charming sometimes. She fucking stabbed me and as much as I'd like to return that favor -- maybe showing her we're human is the way to go? The question is if we can trust what she says. Any mojo there would be excellent. All of us crowding in might not scream calm, but I don't want to go in solo either. Who wants to be bad cop?" He tried to chuckle with his attempt at a little humor, ending up wincing and hissing gently from the lingering pain in his back.

Strand's possessions consist of a list of the following:

2 extra clips for her pistol.
    A wire (now fried).
    A cellphone (now fried).
    A rebreather mask.
    A knife.
    A Federal Bureau of Investigations badge, showing her picture, and displaying the name MISCHA STRAND, with assorted characteristics.
    2 razor blades.
    Matches.
    Credit cards. None in her name.

9. Likes liked this post

Langdon
    Doctorate
    Langdon

PRE

Thoughts moved Langdon to silence as he moved with the others and helped secure the crazy women into a room. He listens and then looks at Cricket. "I can mold a table or the floor around her limbs?"

"But no I don't believe she can be trusted in words or actions and I don't know how to break a person." Well..probably. Though it would damage the Mysteries to grant Sight to a sleeper then show them the true face of reality. Like a broken pane of glass held together by luck.

A pen pokes at the FBI badge. "Any way to figure out if this is legit? If it is we may have bigger problems. Getting out of the country will be rough unless we can find someone in another city willing to gate us elsewhere." The Stalker looks to Knot then Banshee and Cricket. Maybe they had better ideas.

11. Likes liked this post
    Presence
    (Insubstantial)
    Striking Looks
    (Unseelie Beauty)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Haunting)
    Banshee

Nimbus

A figure in Banshee’s distorted image flays the Moros from the inside, ripping and tearing at her flesh, desperately seeking an escape from this cage of meat.
    Stats

Health:
    Backlash:
    Armor 1/0
    Defense 2
    Occult 3

Vulgar
    Personal Spells: Dual Casted 2E Death Shield/Grim Sight (Sight Pot 1, Shield Pot 6)

+1
    SL
    +1
    DV
    PRE

"Making sure she can't escape would be good. Encasing her hands in something. So she can't..." she looks at Cricket. "Again."

"Assuming it's real. She's FBI" Banshee whispers out, "Cricket? Can you alter her body chemistry? Make her more likely to talk....we are not monsters, this isn't about us torturing a women, who we know has been party to the murder and mutilation of one of our own, as well as the fire in that apparent. This is about us, gaining the information we require to make sure we are safe.

"Does this go higher then her? Do the Seers have control over the FBI?"
    she shakes her head, "Do we need to give up the Circle?"

Looking at the others, "We need to know these answers," she nods, "And....and I need to know where Epitaph's body is."
    Monthly Rits: Dual Casted 2E Death Shield/Grim Sight (Sight Pot 1, Shield Pot 6)

A brief recap: Knot killed Strand by slitting her throat, and then left to change out of his murder splattered clothes. Meanwhile, Banshee created a ghost mirror, and Strand's ghost crawled from the wound in her neck. When asked what her name was, she pointed to her FBI badge.

Please feel free to ask questions! Also, a group wide Speak with Dead would be awesome

14. Likes liked this post
    Presence
    (Insubstantial)
    Striking Looks
    (Unseelie Beauty)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Haunting)
    Banshee

Nimbus

Stats

Health:
    Backlash:
    Armor 1/0
    Defense 2
    Occult 3

Vulgar

(Group Speak with the Dead)Mana 0 Spent
    +1
    SL
    +1
    DV
    PRE

Strand points to her Badge and Banshee nods. "Knot? A moment first. Something slipped my mind in the..." she swallows, "I will enable you and the others to speak with Strand."

The Omen begins to chant in High, calling to Stygia and weaving a spell upon the other magi.

"Apologies for not thinking of this sooner." she bows her head. Much had been racing through her mind since she first smelt the smoke.

Pointing to the hastily made, but ingenious ouija board, she asks, "How many were involved with the plot to cause the fire and all the destruction that followed? What are the names of those involved?"

2 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2018-09-19 16:34:51 Banshee rolls 6 to Group Speak with the Dead (Death 3 + Gnosis 2 + 3EA + 2HS -4target) (10 Again) 8, 8, 6, 5, 2, 4 2 successes
    Thank you Cayce & Benji for awesome ideas of awesome!

16. Likes liked this post
    Occultation
    Knot

Nimbus
    Knot appears, for a moment, as a marionette, roughly carved from wood and painted in a facsimile of life, bound up in a spiderweb tangle of it's own strings, that are pulled every-which way by unseen hands.
    General Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Defense: 6 (3)

Active Spells: 3 / 6
    Base Paradox: 2 die
    Personal Spells
    2e Fortune's Protection
    (potency 8, +3 defense)

Temporal Eddies
    (potency 1, mage sight)

OCC
    PRE

Knot halts when Banshee asks him to wait, where he stands as she explains her idea. It wasn't... anything he could argue against, and he supposed it would be foolish to want to run off just to change while there were questions to be asked.

His clothes weren't going anywhere.

While Banshee casts, Knot's phone rings and he answers it quietly as the spell takes hold. He feels startlingly numb looking at the corpse of the woman he murdered veiled by her ghost. Once he hangs up he looks to the rest of the group. "That was Alastor. Seems like everyone on our end got through it breathing. He's on his way."

He was happy happy about it, he really was. He just didn't have it in him to sound anything other than burned out.

"So." He leans against a wall as he addressed the woman he murdered. "Pyromancers and Golems. Those standard kit for the FBI now? Or just when you attack private citizens?"
    Active Spells: 2e Fortune's Protection (Rote), Temporal Eddies (Improvised)

18. Likes liked this post
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread