Ended
Watch

Kingmaker

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
    J
    John Doe

Today, John adopted the face of a handsome Hispanic man. Checking his Mask in the mirror, he adjusted his hair all while thinking to himself about the significance of this appearance. Lorenzo, you suave devil. I miss you so much. Glad you landed that gig doing model work for stock photos. He smiled to himself, You always had a winning smile...even when you lived with us street urchins.

He awaited Rhodes . There was much to discuss in coded words.

Presence
    (Charming)
    Distinctive Voice
    ((Gravitas))
    Rigid Mask
    Mantle - Chilling breeze, summoning tiny leaves
    Rhodes
    Mein

Mein: Rhodes has pale whitish skin, elfin ears and deep, overly large emerald eyes. Thin black veins broach the surface of his skin like the roots of a tree emerging from the ground. Dark, broad leaves sprout from his wrists, ankles and temples, spreading around the back of his head. Deep red flowers bloom at the temples and wrists.
    Mantle

Mantle: A breath of icy wind, the kind that penetrates and sends a chill down the spine. Ash leaves in red, yellow and gold spin into existance around him, caught on the breeze. As the wind blows, unnerving whispers can be heard, always coming from a direction just out of one's field of vision.
    Rhodes Scenes

+1
    DV
    PRE

Flowering

Rhodes strolls into the park. Something still rankles about the spaces, the flowers. He can't quite put his fingers on it....

Slender pale figures, stepping lithely between the shrubs, their eyes cold and heartless and their smiles promising nothing but malice....

The Fairest gasps, panicking, and dashes sideways off the path and across the street.

She isn't here. She can't be. Not out in the open like this....

It takes a few minutes of regular frantic looking around and doubling back off the main street to Washington Park for Rhodes to recover his nerve enough to accept the True Fae are not near. I guess meeting in parks or verdant places will always remind me a little of the past. He twists at one of the flowers budding a this temple, and tries to straighten it in a reflection of a window. To the people around, the man straightens his hair.

He catches sight of the faceless man checking his own reflection in a store window, and waves to greet him. As he approaches, he offers his hand to the Darkling, with a broad smile. "John. A pleasure to see you again. So what's this all about? Not here as a part of your duties, I hope?"
    Flowering Fairest, Mantle: An ever-changing, spine-chilling icy wind, creating spinning autumn leaves and haunting whispers.

3. Likes Cayce liked this post
    J
    John Doe

John shakes Rhodes' hand. Their Mantles being similar enough that the cool flesh is barely noticeable. "We're safe to talk here. I asked a few of the homeless to hang out nearby. Folks are avoiding the park. It's just for an hour." He cast his head in the directions of F and E streets. "Not as a Sun Banisher, no. This is more so about dealing with the security of the Freehold."

"I'll get right to the point. I think you're the right guy to be in charge of Autumn."

0 Scenes

ErlangShen John Doe , Status 1 (Street) Is NOT enough to clear the park for any amount of time.
    Status 1 means that you are Known on the Streets, (Status •: Acknowledged (or “of low standing or rank”); This person, simply is. A good citizen,) but nothing exceptional. this does not mean that John has enough pull to do this. To do something like this you would need Allies, and more Status.

Also, if John wants to keep coming into scenes with new faces, you will need to roll for it. Either by use of disguises and the Mirrorkin's kith blessing, remember it has been House Ruled, or by the use of Contract of Mirror,

E
    ErlangShen

Thanks for clarification Saber Sloth

J
    John Doe

@Saber Sloth has approved a mild retcon to reflect John's status

John looked over Rhodes's shoulder to see his two decoys walking by. "Are you fucking kidding me," he grumbled. One of the disheveled men looked directly at John, waved and continued on. The Faceless slapped himself in the face.

"Alright, so that plan is shot, and it's all my fault." He looked back to Rhodes, "No slang here. Ya dig?"

Presence
    (Charming)
    Distinctive Voice
    ((Gravitas))
    Rigid Mask
    Rhodes
    Mein

Mein: Rhodes has pale whitish skin, elfin ears and deep, overly large emerald eyes. Thin black veins broach the surface of his skin like the roots of a tree emerging from the ground. Dark, broad leaves sprout from his wrists, ankles and temples, spreading around the back of his head. Deep red flowers bloom at the temples and wrists.
    Mantle

Mantle: A breath of icy wind, the kind that penetrates and sends a chill down the spine. Ash leaves in red, yellow and gold spin into existance around him, caught on the breeze. As the wind blows, unnerving whispers can be heard, always coming from a direction just out of one's field of vision.
    Rhodes Scenes

+1
    DV
    PRE

Flowering

The winds whip around them as they shake hands. Rhodes raises an eyebrow as the Darkling's 'agents' stroll by.

"You'll forgive me if your supposed influence doesn't fill me with confidence it was meant to John," he says, with an apprehensive smile. "But yes, I understand."

The Fairest puts his back to the building wall, watching up and down the street. Ensuring they are alone before continuing. The open space of the street is more reassuring than the park opposite. "Your thinking matches my own. I have already begun working towards that goal."

Rhodes looks conflicted. "Coming forward to me, revealing this.... I am sincerely grateful." He continues gently but firmly. "I want you to listen very carefully, John. The Autumn Court will decide the Dread Crown. I cannot risk hearing any of your ideas, lest I unintentionally break a pledge designed to garner trust among my Court. If I am to be the Ashen Lord, as we both wish, I need my Court's support, far more than I will need your advice and suggestions. Valued as such would normally be. You are trusted of the Winter Queen. A man of your talents, I would hope to work closely with as well. I do not want the pledge discussed beyond the two of us. Do not make me regret trusting you so far."

He sighs, watching the faceless man. "Now. I hope that will not cut short our discussion. But I need you to understand. The Crown is a topic you cannot broach, or you may unintentionally ruin my chances. Is that clear?"
    Flowering Fairest, Mantle: An ever-changing, spine-chilling icy wind, creating spinning autumn leaves and haunting whispers.

J
    John Doe

John grumbles again, watching his minions associates leave their posts. "Give it time," he replied to Rhodes.

The Darkling joins him next to the wall, surveying the area. "Glad to hear you're chasing the dream." Hearing that the Leaden Mirror would be voting among their own and Pledged to secrecy, he physically bit his tongue inside of his mouth to keep from saying much more.

The Autumn's request for secrecy was met with assurance. "You don't need to worry about that." The Mirrorskin nodded in agreement. "Anyone who does custodial work knows when something has to stay clean."

Apparently Lucifer had outsmarted him. Channeling his inner Dr. Claw, Next time, Lucifer. Next time.

John sighed, "With that business out of the way, I'd like to let you know I'm a bit of a handyman. If you need household repairs and the like, I can lend you a hand. If that doesn't cause any problems."

Presence
    (Charming)
    Distinctive Voice
    ((Gravitas))
    Rigid Mask
    Rhodes
    Mein

Mantle

Rhodes Scenes

+1
    DV
    PRE

Flowering

The comment about Dreams makes Rhodes smile, more to himself. More than you know, John. More than you know.

Rhodes nods. "Thank you. As for your influence - knowing someone is bothering to learn how to manage the streets is an invaluable source. All it will take it time. Once my season is done, maybe then I can help you, and we can work together more closely and without restriction. Though not before." He winks.

The Fairest scans the park suspiciously, ensuring they are not being overheard. "A man of many talents. Always a useful friend to have." He draws his attention back to John. "A loophole in the Pledge means I can still direct others in ways that help me achieving the crown, provided you do not suggest anything - anything - to me that changes or alters my ideas. So, it is best for myself if you do not suggest anything at all. I would ask that you keep your responses short, direct, and ideally yes or no." He pauses, licking his lips. "I am sorry for this, and would much rather pool ideas, but this is necessary."

Another scan of the park. "So, first. I want the Courts to work in harmony, as they were meant to. What I will need, as the seasons turn, is others to favour my ascension and ensure peace in the Freehold. I doubt Lucifer will be an option for future serenity. You have been here longer than I, and others trust and respect you. We do so love to gossip, and this topic will arise on it's own. When it does, support me. Simple, but effective. I want to help all of us. Hopefully I am making that clear to all."

He pauses, and moves closer to John, less than a foot away, relishing the reinforced chill of both breezy mantles. He tone becomes more hushed. "Second, is more important, as this could well swing Autumn's support to myself." He fixes John with a stare into where the eyes.... should be. His face is resolute. "Lucifer. Is not. A Loyalist. I know this. Not suspect. Know." He holds up his hand firmly to silence any comment, speaking quickly, but firmly. "She is utterly brazen, quick-tempered, boastful and narcissistic - I think she is more a cliche Summer than Autumn. But if I am to be Dread Lord, I must act like it. Sacramento's Autumn courtiers would become my responsibility, both to admonish in error and protect in innocence. This issue, whatever bravado lead up to it, is the latter. I may not like Lucifer, I do not condone her methods - and as Monarch I would still keep an eye on her to reign in her tempestuous nature. But I will defend my Court when it is right - as it is now. I will say so to anyone. I intend announce so at the Coronation so all ears hear. Autumn, as one, considers the matter closed."

The Fairest straightens the cuffs on his orange shirt. "We who have suffered on the other side all have our... quirks. A strong streak of Pride are common to all who become my kin..." He gestures to his own suit, "... As are firey tempers when roused, or that Pride challenged. Lucifer used Fear to bludgeon her will. Her claims of power were a boast of ego to overawe. Nothing more. On this occassion, emotinal stabilty, sometimes so fragile among us, could not hold for all parties. Such things are common to us. This was just another one of those times, where the stakes and accusations rose too high. I need people to understand that. Is that clear?"

Rhodes grins. "Ironically, her brash demonstration of grandeur has made most wary of her - improving my position as voice of temperance and reason. She won a battle, but I believe it may have cost her the war."

ErlangShen, I know a bulk of this this may be contray to what John believes. I'm happy to RP things out, but if you want some manner of Persuade roll to see how much he buys what Rhodes is selling, just let me know

J
    John Doe

Doe knew his talents were worthwhile. Those with so little to lose had much to gain. He nodded in acknowledgment to Rhodes' appreciation.

The man's talk of harmony was an assurance that he was backing the right candidate. The Pledge that was enacted prevented outsiders from providing suggestions to Rhodes.

The Darkling twitched one bony brow at a time to help the Fairest gauge approximately where his eyes where. The Autumn did not believe Lucifer to be a Loyalist. A peculiar thought passed through his mind. Best not tempt the Wyrd, he discarded it.

"I would ask that you keep your responses short, direct, and ideally yes or no." So he did as instructed.

"Yes."

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 11

You do not have permission to view the list of names.