Ended
Watch

Motley Mixer

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 3 of 6 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last
    P
    Peter Wright

Peter's eyes rested on a man with no face. Or at least it appeared that way under his mask. He wondered how similar the Man with No Face was to the Man with the Painted Face. A conversation for later it would seem, as he immediately began to talk to others. He would leave it for now.

Peter continued to feel the rush of heat and and cold air from the surrounding mantles. Mantles. A reminder of his courtlessness. In many ways though he preferred not having one.

Looking to Blink he said, "I've dealt with dreamy stuff from time to time. Can be kind of timey wimey and all that craziness," he said with a smile. Dreams were strange, that's for sure.

He watched Circe talk. Connections and relations were forming and shaping rooms within his mind palace. Interactions and reactions. Information received and filed away. "There's nothing wrong with having an area of focus. Wouldn't you rather be a master of one than a master of none?" Jack of all trades were good for some things. Experts were something else.

Looking to Sera he said, "Thanks, I really hope so. What kind of fun stuff do people do around here? Other than ride carousals of course." Who didn't enjoy reminders of childhood and the lives that were stolen from them.

Peter listened as Nana laid out her employ as a backroom doctor. Peter wasn't well versed in that sort of thing, other than what he'd seen on television. He imagined it was useful for some though. Maybe for their kind. Then she asked a direct question. What would he answer? The ebbing and flowing of the truth lingered in his mind as the answer formed. "Yes, some what. It's helpful every once in a while, though usually people are all 'oh my god you can talk to ghosts? How creepy.' Really it just feels like talking to a living person. Except for the whole 'dead already' thing." Dead men tell no tales, but rarely keep secrets.

Focusing on Rhodes Peter smiled. "I think that'd be fun. It's always good to get other opinions on pledges. Piece together what works and what doesn't, you know?" He took the number handed to him, then handed Rhodes a slip of paper with his own number. "I'd be interested in joining you. Who knows what we'd learn from these 'notable' people." Secrets, that's what they could learn.

Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Merit-Striking Looks (exotic)
    Mein:

Her skin turns a slate-blue and her hair bone white. The whites of her eyes are blood red, the irises are purple with cat-slit black pupils. The helix of her ears elongate out 2" inches ending in a tip. Her features sharpen and her figure has an unnatural, inhuman litheness that can be intellectually disturbing.
    Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

Her skin brings to mind Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, or Asian races, though her high cheek bones and sharp facial structure don't match. Most assume she is of mixed ancestry given the pale blonde hair. Alias Mary Maniscalo.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Circe didn't comment on New York. Jersey was better hands down. She looked over to Seraphina, "Yeah Johnny is rockin' the beard."

Nana's skill set she could certainly see being used in the underworld. Sadly she didn't have the contacts to help set that up. Gunbunny Smurfette was the one they contacted to get the things to make new patients. "That," she is focused on Nana, "Is good business policy Nana. Especially for that kinda client. If the cash is there ya do not care," laughter escaped blue lips, "Sad ta say I've dealt with the stupider ones from time ta time. They usually learn their lesson."

The elf grimaced as a frown crossed her face, "Don't like no ghosts. Rather deal with something easier ta hit." Rhodes talk on dream manipulation got a cheer from Circe, "Like eatin' the worlds biggest cake and not gettin' fat!" as an example of how to manipulate dreams. And the new face was talking, "Aw thank ya Peter. I do know my way around a unfair fight. And how to load up for 'em. If ya want it ta bleed, I can get what ya need. Oh that's a good one," she nods to herself, "Fun. Alcohol is usually involved in the fun but that'd prooooooobably have been, ya know, BAD," both eyebrows shot up, "with the carousal. Trolling mortals is fun too."
    Fairest: Larcenist | WYRD 2| Mantle: Dry Desert Heat |Health: 8 | Willpower: 5 | Glamour: 7

3. Likes Xadun liked this post
    Striking Looks
    (Boyish Charm)
    Presence
    (Restless)
    Winter Mantle
    (Hush of snowfall, stray flurries)
    Dexterity
    (Lithe)
    Quick
    Mien

Quick is crowned with an ostentatious arc of hair that resembles a jagged bolt of lightning. He is very lithe and slightly taller than his Mask appears. His skin is a very pale shade of teal, and is covered in tiny filaments like cracks which glow an orange-red. The tips of his fingers and toes come to points, and his shoulders have hard, jagged projections growing from them.

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Yeah. It was fun. Had some drinks, some laughs. All that." he answers Rhodes.

Quick gives John a once over. The beard look is... new. Right? "John."

"Personal interests, huh? What, like... cardio and clubbing?"
    The Elemental smirks at Blink. The way the conversation starts spinning out, though? A little deeper than that.

Quick shakes his head at Circe's antics, but a little laugh escapes him. "Looks that way."

And with Sera's cheerful greeting, Quick really can't help but be in good spirits. It's the thing to do. At least... at this kind of gathering.

He takes a moment to chew over each of the topics. In his case? About everything everyone else is interested in is a personal weakness. "Guess I'm not as deep as everyone else. Don't really spend much time in other people's dreams. And ghosts? No thanks. Pretty much only thing I'm good at is what, uh, Circe said. Unfair fights. But I guess for me it's fists. Or fire." He shakes his head, a little self-deprecatingly. Than realizes how dumb that is. "Pretty damn good at it, though. Used to lots of other... dishonest stuff too."

He spares John another look. The little talk about Sun Banishers comes to mind. John seems like a trained professional when it comes to cloak and dagger stuff. Quick is more... impulse? "Always wanted to know how to use all that for the Freehold."
    Elemental: Levinquick
    Wyrd ● | Health | Glamour | Willpower

5. Likes Xadun liked this post
    B
    Blink

Blink gave a solid clap of her hands. "Idea!"

Blink slid off the horse. "Who here, would be interested in making something of all this?" Her arms stretched out, as she did a slow circle. She was gesturing to the surroundings, to Funderland.

"The Funderland-side of the Hedge?"

"I'm have no idea what is on the other side, but from listening to you guys...it would give us a place to pursue some of those interests."

"Who would be interested in making something like that, here in Sacramento?"

Blink nodded softly to herself. "I'm sure others, who couldn't attend, would also be willing."

With a smile, she said to herself just as much to others. "A Funderland Hollow."

If you are potentially interested, there is a OOC Discussion we can revive; click here.

J
    John Doe

John sidles up and saddles up next to Circe . With a terrible Hollywood Texas cowboy accent, "Aw'right pard'ner, dis 'ere's the plan. We gonna ride into town on diss 'ere an' we gonna rob that thar bank, and skeedaddle out of town." He pointed out to the horizon, "HYAH!" kicking the sides of the plastic, stationary horse, mimicking a horse ride.

Hearing his phone beep, he paused, "whoops." Then whipped out his phone texting a reply back to Rhodes .

Message to Rhodes

He waved back to Seraphina , "Thanks. I figured it was worth trying a beard for a day or two."

The everchanging Faceless waved to Nana , "How's it hanging?"

Presence
    (Charming)
    Distinctive Voice
    ((Gravitas))
    Rigid Mask
    Mantle - Chilling breeze, summoning tiny leaves
    Rhodes
    Mein

Mein: Rhodes has pale whitish skin, elfin ears and deep, overly large emerald eyes. Thin black veins broach the surface of his skin like the roots of a tree emerging from the ground. Dark, broad leaves sprout from his wrists, ankles and temples, spreading around the back of his head. Deep red flowers bloom at the temples and wrists.
    Mantle

Mantle: A breath of icy wind, the kind that penetrates and sends a chill down the spine. Ash leaves in red, yellow and gold spin into existance around him, caught on the breeze. As the wind blows, unnerving whispers can be heard, always coming from a direction just out of one's field of vision.
    Rhodes Scenes

+1
    DV
    PRE

Flowering

The Fairest nods in agreement to Peter's sentiment. "My schedule seems to be rapidly filling, but I will definately make the time. We should make an evening of it."

Rhodes nods animatedly to Circe's statement on cake, point towards the Summer Queen. "Exactly! Queen Circe... You've not been looking in on my dreams, have you?" He tops the lighthearted comment off with a charming smile and a chuckle. "But if people wanted to learn a little more about manipulating dreams, I'd be happy to put something together. We'd just need a space large enough to host everyone to do so. Anyone interested?"

Quick's comments about himself have Rhodes nodding. "Every freehold needs fighters - there are just as many physical dangers to us as spiritual or magical. It's certainly not a knack I learned." He shrugs.

Another message. He pulls out the phone.
    Text to John

As he taps the reply, Blink's announcement sees Rhodes turn pensive. "Now that's an idea," he says thoughtfully. "It would need work, obviously. People to keep pitching in... But many hands make light work. I would certainly be interested in a project that brings such a mutual benefit."

Only a shame I didn't think of it myself, actually. People are quick with ideas here. Well, as long as the momentum holds...
    Flowering Fairest, Mantle: An ever-changing, spine-chilling icy wind, creating spinning autumn leaves and haunting whispers.

Seraphina
    Presence
    (Magnetic)
    Striking Looks
    (Enthralling)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Angelic)
    New Identity
    (Sarah Jones)
    Mantle (Spring)
    (In Mini Sheet)
    Seraphina

Mien

Softly shimmering gold flakes catch the light whenever she moves, delicate gilded gold and diamond scales extenuate the rare greenish blue color of her aquamarine eyes. In the right light, or when her mood changes, her eyes seem to illuminate from within, it’s a very gentle glow. This is the ocean lives in Sera's eyes. The scales trail up to her temples and forehead. Her hair reaches down her back, brushing the ground, spun silver and emerald. Perfectly placed tiny pearls can be seen woven throughout her hair. Very fine diamond dust falls loose from her hair when she moves, reflecting rainbows from the light. The scales on her hands are dulled by the simple fact that her hands are translucent. There is an iridescent scale like skin that pulls delicately up from her ears. The membrane shimmers and has three curly points.
    Seraphina

Fairest

Nix/Treasured
    Mantle

Cherry blossoms gilded in gold bloom from her hair, tumbling down as a warm rejuvenating spring breeze gently kisses the air with the scent of freshly cut grass. The sound of birds singing can be heard as the wildflowers grow and bloom in vibrant colors where she walks, swaying and lively in the breeze.
    Sera's hands and lower legs are translucent while the rest of her has cracks
    Seraphina

Mask
    A fairly tall woman, roughly 5'11 with long, wavy dark brown hair. Her eyes are an intense, deep bright blue, reminding one of sapphires. Her lips are full and her skin is flawless. With that perfection comes a body that men fawn and drool over, and women envy.

Health Tracker

Haunted House
    Items

Hedgespun Items

Tear dropped shaped pendant, form fitted waterfall jacket

Misc.

-3 to any rolls involving Presence
    Seraphina Scenes

Dreaming, -1 WP to analyze, WP to hold Dream together, Dreamscape
      -1 Glamour into Wyrdstone

+2
    SL
    +2
    DV
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••••
    Treasured Nix

She had to admit, Nana was more friendly than she would have guessed. Looks were certainly deceiving.

“Wow, that’s neat. Not the twin thing and the setbacks, but that you have experience in medicine. That is something that is useful everywhere! Do you enjoy it?”

The question about the Hedge and her interest. “I’d actually like to see more of it and expand my knowledge. Which is slim right now.”

A smirk formed, “Well, depends on your definition of fun.” Which could be taken a variety of ways. “But Sacramento has a ton of things, just need to know what interests you. Me personally? When I’m not working I’m at the gym, or reading. Sometimes out at the clubs,” shrugging, “depends.” On her mood and what she felt like doing.

As the topic of Ghost kept coming up, “I think they’re creepy too. But, well, kinda interesting too you know? Like, I don’t understand anything about them and I’m kind of curious.” Why be scared of them if you didn’t understand them?

Looking to Quick, “Been in others dreams and it’s a trip.” True story. “But it’s also exciting.” She wished she’d spent more time learning about it. Maybe she still could. “And don’t sell yourself short there Quick, you’re pretty bad ass in the ring.” Though she was sure he was holding back on her sometimes.

Blink has an idea. Sapphires turn to look at their host, curious.

A Funderland side of the Hedge?

She could see the benefits of it. “I could see that working. Perhaps more neutral ground than imposing on a Courts area.” Hands were then held up with a musical laugh, “Not that anyone has ever imposed on Spring, just so we’re clear. I just think that maybe something we’ve all put a little time and effort into will bring us together more.” That probably still came out wrong, “Ok, I think that sounded better in my head than coming out of my mouth. Ignore me!” oh well.

Smiling to John, “Hell yeah.” She was a little jealous that he got to change his face. Sometimes she wished she could, just to see what it was like to be someone else.
    Treasured/Nix Wyrd●●●●

10. Likes liked this post
    Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Merit-Striking Looks (exotic)
    Mein:

Her skin turns a slate-blue and her hair bone white. The whites of her eyes are blood red, the irises are purple with cat-slit black pupils. The helix of her ears elongate out 2" inches ending in a tip. Her features sharpen and her figure has an unnatural, inhuman litheness that can be intellectually disturbing.
    Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

Her skin brings to mind Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, or Asian races, though her high cheek bones and sharp facial structure don't match. Most assume she is of mixed ancestry given the pale blonde hair. Alias Mary Maniscalo.

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Woo! Sucker punch for the win Quick," she laughs. The laughter continues as John becomes a cowboy, "Yeeeeehaa! Beardy Cowboy and Gunbunny Smurfette are gonna," the phone interrupts the fun, "Whoops, ya got booty call?"

She then leans back to look at Rhodes. It is an odd angle leaving her head perpendicular to him, "Not the cakes. And yer naughty ones demanded a cover charge, that is rather selfish of ya, tsk tsk tsk," and rights herself. That was murder on the neck.

Circe blinks as Blink suggest a Hedge adventure. Circe had seen what was on the other side of the tunnels, as had Quick and Seraphina. She shoots the two of them a look, trying to non verbally ask if they should warn the new arrivals about the last surviving cannibal. Circe couldn't say no due to danger as she was the Summer Queen. The Iron Spear was meant to face such dangers head on.

Oh wait, she was talking about a neutral Hollow?

"Well Blink, a rip roarin' adventure is what your words first made me think,"
    she shrugged, "Neutral turf would bein' the main Hollow would help clean up after parties. And maybe stop Bay level rivalry bullshit," her tone soured as at the last one. "Eh, don't mind me. But Blink? If yer thinkin' we're gonna check it out like now now," Circe jerks a thumb over her shoulder, "I'm gonna need ta get stuff from my car."
    Fairest: Larcenist | WYRD 2| Mantle: Dry Desert Heat |Health: 8 | Willpower: 5 | Glamour: 7

N
    Nana

Nana laughed, a soft rattling sort of sound, with Peter Wright ’s statement on the usual reaction. “Oh, will need to be much creepier than all that to get that sort of response around here. I could learn so much more even when a surgery goes wrong. Usually a patient is no help at all in figuring things out if they’re dead.” She was tickled about the prospect of a functional séance.

She was a little surprised when Circe spoke about connections to the underbelly sort, though she probably shouldn’t have been for someone with enough firepower on hand to get a nickname around it. “Yes and I’m sad to say that I interact with the stupid ones more often than not. Just keep trying to teach them, I’ll make sure the don’t try to skip out on a lesson by doing something rude like bleeding out.”

Responding to Seraphina she gave a firm nod that medicine wasn’t just work for her. “Very much so. It’s the kind of challenge that is endlessly engrossing – for me anyway. Each patient is different, every minor change often swinging things wildly in terms of outcome. The difference between great and adequate surgery gives these old bones something a bit more exciting than knitting to keep up with too.” She said with a wiggle of her strange, agile fingers into the air.

“That, sad as it might seem, is a bit of what I do for fun as well.” She added with the talk of outside interests. “I do enjoy a good talent show though. Musical performance is one of my favorites, classical – jazz, any genre though really, as long as there is talent and live instruments involved.” She still had misgivings over all this electronic music business she’d been reading on the webs about. “Seeing skill like that – Oh, it rivals the operating table. Otherwise, I suppose I lean to the boring. Dreams are not a specialty of mine." Even her own usually skewed dark, but she didn't feel much need to change that either. "I read, but the internet is something else these days. The amount of tubes and not having to rewind anything? I’m trying to pace myself.” They didn’t need to know about her Dr. Quinn, Medicine Woman catch-up (for her anyway) marathon or the amount of ice cream it included.

She grinned and gave a more purposeful wave over to John Doe . “Quite well, thank you, and what about –“ She waited for him to pass by again on the colorful horse. “Yourself? No new dumpsters to dive into, I hope.”

With talk of a communal Hollow for Funderland she chimed in after a soft hum of consideration. “I think that would be something lovely. I’m not a builder or excavator, but I can certainly stay nearby to cleanup if there’s any mishap. I would be interested in seeing what develops. It would also be nice not to have to tiptoe around the usual visitors here quite so much. It really is a clever location for us, as a meeting like this is probably least out of place in an amusement park. Still, somewhere to relax fully would be welcome.” Not that she was feeling particularly tense now that she knew there were at least a few people who could handle themselves in a fight that she could hide behind support.

B
    Blink

Blink shook her head to Circe. "Nah, not going to go running around today. I think we would all need to prepare for that run."

"Think about it though..."

"Quite a few have interests that tie in with the Hedge."
    She said with a quick nod of her head. "Beyond that...I'm sure others who could not make it will also hold interest...shoot even peeps that end up coming to settle here from out of town." With that, she cocked her head to the side as she thought.

"Honestly it would be cool, because it is ours. Something that we created. We can make it as kick ass, as we like, depending on the effort."

Blink laughed, as she changed gears. "Different subject, but if anyone did have there heart set on forming a Motley today, I would be down." There was such a variety of interests from the group that it all seemed rather new and neat.

Page 3 of 6 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 26

You do not have permission to view the list of names.