Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Merit-Striking Looks (exotic)
    Mein:

Her skin turns a slate-blue and her hair bone white. The whites of her eyes are blood red, the irises are purple with cat-slit black pupils. The helix of her ears elongate out 2" inches ending in a tip. Her features sharpen and her figure has an unnatural, inhuman litheness that can be intellectually disturbing.
    Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

Her skin brings to mind Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, or Asian races, though her high cheek bones and sharp facial structure don't match. Most assume she is of mixed ancestry given the pale blonde hair. Alias Mary Maniscalo.

+1
    SL
    PRE

"It usually is Peter, I'm a outgoin' kinda dame," a pause, "uh, wait, dame ain't a queen. Eh, no pun no fun," Circe shakes her head with a laugh. "And it is a very pretty parade, so why not take a ride with us?"

She smiles at Sera's compliment about her skin, "And thank God I do Sera. I'm nowhere near emo enough ta accept looking terrible in this," she uses her right hand, the free one, to poke at her cheek bone, "shade o' blue."

Circe holds her jests as Blink makes her introduction and welcomes the new arrivals. Circe is going to let her take the lead in this. It was Blink's idea after all. That didn't stop her from grinning ear to ear when the tattooed maiden declared her love of combat. She waited patiently for Blink to finish and gave a thumbs up once she had done so.

"So that's that pattern. Well I already said my name,"
    the smiles at the crowd, "I don't know my sign 'cause I like ta be contrary. That beach is great for a swim Blink, but if ya gotta go fasta there are joggin' bathes too I think. I like ta troll the mundies," she shrugs whilst still holding onto the horse. "And I adore fightin' dirty. It is a pleasure," she giggles out.

Nana's pop culture joke got Circe's regular confused response. Namely a eyebrow and matching ear raising up. "Uh, bowflex? Plus torments of Wonderland. Fuck Disney is a regular sayin' around this place."

The store the elderly woman mentioned sounded like something Autumn's would enjoy. "I prefer mundane products for that is my stock and trade," Circe relied to Nana, "But ta know the paths could help improve my business. Fuck tariffs and all that," a nervous smile was forced onto her lips, "Uh, but that ain't why I'm here. Showin' support," she nods her head to Blink, "For my court. Oh oh, royal proclamation," she points at Blink with her free hand, "Ya have the lead on this one. I ain't stealin' yer show. Wouldn't mind given another motley a go."
    Fairest: Larcenist | WYRD 2| Mantle: Dry Desert Heat |Health: 8 | Willpower: 5 | Glamour: 7

Striking Looks
    (Boyish Charm)
    Presence
    (Restless)
    Winter Mantle
    (Hush of snowfall, stray flurries)
    Dexterity
    (Lithe)
    Quick
    Mien

Quick is crowned with an ostentatious arc of hair that resembles a jagged bolt of lightning. He is very lithe and slightly taller than his Mask appears. His skin is a very pale shade of teal, and is covered in tiny filaments like cracks which glow an orange-red. The tips of his fingers and toes come to points, and his shoulders have hard, jagged projections growing from them.

(Harden Mask)Glamour 1 Spent
    +1
    SL
    PRE

'Motley Mixer'? Alright, Quick would bite. He hadn't really given the whole 'motley' thing much thought. Whole lot of commitment - at least in his eyes. Settling down and giving up on his old life seemed like a big enough commitment for a while. But that doesn't keep him from being curious.

Now, of course, this isn't some fancy Coronation. Which means A: mundane outfit - and B: James face. So he's chosen a white sports jersey with a blue number on the back of it - don't ask him who number 14 is - and some blue athletic shorts. Super casual.

He isn't the least bit surprised to see Circe in the mix. Not that he knows if she's hunting for a Motley or not... just that she's the fiery Italian monarch of social butterflies. He shouts in her direction and waves. "Circe! Hey!"

And he definitely doesn't miss Seraphina in the crowd. She, like, is the crowd. With that halter-top and glistening, perfect skin. He lightly jogs to close the distance before giving her a greeting. "Hey there. Good to see you. Looking good, too."

The girl with the fae-tattoos is here too. Well, that isn't fair. He knows her name. And Blink is much quicker and easier to say than 'fae-tatoos'. Quick feels Rhodes almost before noticing him. That Mantle of his is just a tad unpleasant. Which leaves two up-till-now-unknown faces in the mix:

A creepy doctor-lady with an equally creepy Autumn Mantle and some guy with a weirdly familiar face. Sorta. But the face is, like, painted on. Quick definitely hasn't met the guy before, but he seems approachable.

"How's everyone doing?" he asks everyone and no one.
    Elemental: Levinquick
    Wyrd ● | Health | Glamour | Willpower

3. Likes Origins liked this post
    Presence
    (Charming)
    Distinctive Voice
    ((Gravitas))
    Rigid Mask
    Mantle - Chilling breeze, summoning tiny leaves
    Rhodes
    Mein

Mein: Rhodes has pale whitish skin, elfin ears and deep, overly large emerald eyes. Thin black veins broach the surface of his skin like the roots of a tree emerging from the ground. Dark, broad leaves sprout from his wrists, ankles and temples, spreading around the back of his head. Deep red flowers bloom at the temples and wrists.
    Mantle

Mantle: A breath of icy wind, the kind that penetrates and sends a chill down the spine. Ash leaves in red, yellow and gold spin into existance around him, caught on the breeze. As the wind blows, unnerving whispers can be heard, always coming from a direction just out of one's field of vision.
    Rhodes Scenes

+1
    DV
    PRE

Flowering

"Peter. Welcome to Sacramento. It appears there's been something of a population boom, myself included, so you'll be in good company." He shakes the other man's hand. "What brings you to the city?"

Rhodes swallows dryly as Seraphina swans gracefully into view. Huh. Well. That certainly is an image worth remembering. He watches the Fairest stroll up, petals drifting in the wind. "Sera. What a pleasure," He offers a hand. "Rhodes, of the Autumn Court."

He watches as people enter, and Blink does her announcement. Nana, Circe, and Quick arrive, greeting each of them in turn. "Queen Circe! How good to see you again. And Quick. I'm doing very well, thank you. I hope the games went well?"

The Fairest looks around trying to take in all the talk and questions. His Mantle sends chills around anyone within a few yards, but Rhodes is eager to help the conversation flow, following on from Nana's lead. "So, I'm also interested in the local Hedge, much like my fellow Autumn," he gestures towards Nana. "But tonight I'm just more interested in meeting people, getting know a little bit more about the people in this freehold, and maybe meeting like-minded people. I have a great interest in the occult, our magics and pledgecraft, as is common for Ashen Courtiers, but also literature, fine dining..." He shrugs. "Should anyone need Autumns manner of arcane skills, from talking to spirits to unlocking the secrets of artifacts, I would be happy to provide."
    Flowering Fairest, Mantle: An ever-changing, spine-chilling icy wind, creating spinning autumn leaves and haunting whispers.

P
    Peter Wright

Peter listened. Patiently. Loud, crash, emotional. There were many things Peter was not. But patience was something he had in spades. So this gathering was about motleys. How interesting. Peter almost laughed at the idea of building trust among those who do not trust. But wasn't that a very human thing to do? Attempting to do something that seemed impossible? He would just have to fight away any apprehension. "Nice to meet you Blink. Great name by the way. Definitely not going to have one of those situations of like 'you're Blink 1 and you're Blink 2 so we're not confused'. I get that all the time with my name."

Turning to Sera he said, "actually I just got in town not too long ago. Always been interested in California but never had the chance before. How long have you been here?" Clearly longer than Peter, but why not ask. Information was always valuable, no matter how small.

He then listened to Nana discuss purses before providing her own introduction. Peter knew he should probably do the same thing. Looking to everyone he said, "Well, as I said, my name's Peter Wright. Courtless. I do consulting work here and there. Usually with advertising. I don't have anything like Goblin Fruit knowledge but I'm sure I could find ways to be useful." It was his job to help people sell unwanted things to people who don't know they'll be tricked into buying them anyway. He was very good at it.

Confirmation. Good to know. At Circe's suggestion he carefully climbed up onto the carousel. "Oh well sure, why not," he said with a friendly smile. People responded better when you accept their suggestions. He found himself a nice simple horse to climb on, keeping close enough to remain a part of the conversation.

Turning he saw lightning incarnate. Peter found it interesting how much damaging variety the Others could cause. Masters of torture and destruction. Rulers over a world of illusion. Offering a friendly wave to the glowing man he said, "hey, nice to meet you. I'm Peter." He was starting to introduce himself a fair bit, though he knew by the end of the evening he was likely to already be forgotten by some. As was his blessing and his curse.

Finally he looked to Rhodes. "Always interesting how people seem to show up in groups. Kind of like that whole 'things happen in threes' myth, or something like that. Business brought me here. Well technically the work's down in Los Angeles, but I don't want to live there, so I just Skype my work in. Really they just need my words though, not any physical work, so it all works out." He listened to Rhodes give his introduction and decided to comment. "I'm quite fond of Pledges myself. Maybe we can bounce some ideas off of each other some time," he said with a smile. He then added, "I'm also quite capable speaking to ghosts, if anyone has the need." He surprised even himself with his unusual candor, though one could not live in lies alone. Truth, like light, had to exist with the darkness.

J
    John Doe

Tonight, John decided to wear a beard and sunglasses on his Mask. Of course, only the Lost would see him for what he truly was. There were times when John was extra grateful for his Mantle. This was one of them. The coolness of his chilly breeze kept him comfortable despite the lingering heat and many more Lost than before. Got my own personal A.C.
    Circe was easy to spot. After learning she also enjoyed Shadowrun, he thought it would be fun to tease her. "Hey Gunbunny Smurfette! There's a wizworm behind you!" he called to her. Next was Seraphina - his best friend...perhaps more, maybe one day. "Sera!" Quick had come out of hiding. "Hey Quick."

The Faceless caught sight of Rhodes . John quickly sent a text message to him as he walked over to the group. He waited to hop onto the carousel...then jumped on.

Text sent while in scene

B
    Blink

Blink listened intently as each spoke. She continued internally repeating the new names with the new faces, as they spoke. A new arrival, a familiar arrival, that guy with those eyes...at least that is how Blink perceived it.

"Sup Quick."

Blink found so much interesting, she knew very little of that occult mumbo jumbo. Rhodes and Peter made her question whether or not those Ouija boards were actually a thing. Still it peaked her interest.

"Sometimes these lil groups form because of a common interest.... And like, other times they form to shore up the spots you are weak." Fuck, where was I going with this...

"Oh Quick. We were just discussing personal interests and such." She looked around to the others during a brief pause.

Fuck...are they going to have to repeat themselves?

"I guess...if you say yours, then the people who... Eh I don't know?' Blink gave a shrug.

"Point is, you don't have to walk away tonight all promise bound to someone. Or someones?" Another casual shrug, she was on a roll.

"Just... like, a platform to get to know one another." Blink figured that was about as good as she was going to do to catch up Quick.

W
    ith that, she brushed her hands together. "Hedge-stuff seems cool. As does that Occulty-stuff...Anyone mess what that dreamy-stuff?"

Then there was another arrival, another new face. But at least he caught part of what had been said...right?

Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Merit-Striking Looks (exotic)
    Mein:

Her skin turns a slate-blue and her hair bone white. The whites of her eyes are blood red, the irises are purple with cat-slit black pupils. The helix of her ears elongate out 2" inches ending in a tip. Her features sharpen and her figure has an unnatural, inhuman litheness that can be intellectually disturbing.
    Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

Her skin brings to mind Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, or Asian races, though her high cheek bones and sharp facial structure don't match. Most assume she is of mixed ancestry given the pale blonde hair. Alias Mary Maniscalo.

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Sup Boys glad ya could join." Then a massive grin took over her face at Quick's question. "Quick look over there, back to me. I'm on a horse," Circe did her best Isaiah Mustafa impression. Laughter erupted from blue lips, "I was hopin' for a chance ta do that."

Rhodes speech got a response at the end from Circe. A simple, "Yay," cheer. No sarcasm it seemed genuine. Rhodes failure to react to the double entendre got a pout. "Love Skype, great for remote business if ya got the right security. And the two of ya," she points back and forth with her free hand between Rhodes and Peter, "Are the ghost bustin' duo? Good ta know."

"Johnny ya be good! Slick warnin'. Which way should I am the canon?"
    She joked right back to the faceless man. A little mist appeared where the edges of their Mantles clashed, "I saved ya a great horse!" She turned to look at everyone, "Yes this one beside me it totally saved for Johnny."

Giggles escaped her at Blinks question, "Depends on how ya define dreamy stuff. Metaphorical then oh Hell yeah I love me some dreamy ones," more giggles before she coughed, "More seriously Blink, I'm kinda a one trick Summer Queen. I see a problem and make it go away at 30 paces. And I can help others wantin' ta do that too. Ya know what they say, a well armed society is a polite society."
    Fairest: Larcenist | WYRD 2| Mantle: Dry Desert Heat |Health: 8 | Willpower: 5 | Glamour: 7

Seraphina
    Presence
    (Magnetic)
    Striking Looks
    (Enthralling)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Angelic)
    New Identity
    (Sarah Jones)
    Mantle (Spring)
    (In Mini Sheet)
    Seraphina

Mien

Softly shimmering gold flakes catch the light whenever she moves, delicate gilded gold and diamond scales extenuate the rare greenish blue color of her aquamarine eyes. In the right light, or when her mood changes, her eyes seem to illuminate from within, it’s a very gentle glow. This is the ocean lives in Sera's eyes. The scales trail up to her temples and forehead. Her hair reaches down her back, brushing the ground, spun silver and emerald. Perfectly placed tiny pearls can be seen woven throughout her hair. Very fine diamond dust falls loose from her hair when she moves, reflecting rainbows from the light. The scales on her hands are dulled by the simple fact that her hands are translucent. There is an iridescent scale like skin that pulls delicately up from her ears. The membrane shimmers and has three curly points.
    Seraphina

Fairest

Nix/Treasured
    Mantle

Cherry blossoms gilded in gold bloom from her hair, tumbling down as a warm rejuvenating spring breeze gently kisses the air with the scent of freshly cut grass. The sound of birds singing can be heard as the wildflowers grow and bloom in vibrant colors where she walks, swaying and lively in the breeze.
    Sera's hands and lower legs are translucent while the rest of her has cracks
    Seraphina

Mask
    A fairly tall woman, roughly 5'11 with long, wavy dark brown hair. Her eyes are an intense, deep bright blue, reminding one of sapphires. Her lips are full and her skin is flawless. With that perfection comes a body that men fawn and drool over, and women envy.

Health Tracker

Haunted House
    Items

Hedgespun Items

Tear dropped shaped pendant, form fitted waterfall jacket

Misc.

-3 to any rolls involving Presence
    Seraphina Scenes

Dreaming, -1 WP to analyze, WP to hold Dream together, Dreamscape

+2
    SL
    +2
    DV
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••••
    Treasured Nix

Sapphires glance at the bag once more, “New York huh? Well, between the distance and the story about how you found, seems it’d be hard to find a copy. Which is a good thing.” A light musical laugh. “Oh that’s so nice of you! Thank you!” she wasn’t sure she had an outfit that would do it justice or not. It was time to go shopping!

“Are you a doctor of some type?”
    asks the Nix, “Sorry if that was rude, but you mentioned fixing injuries, so I just assumed.” Hopefully she didn’t offend the new Ling, that would be bad. “Going into the Hedge can fun with the right people, I’d be willing to lend you a hand if you needed.” She offers.

“As to me? I just enjoy being social and it seemed like a great way to get to know the new faces.” She had a Motley, well, what was left of one. Would her and Ingrid go it alone? Did Ingrid even want to keep the Motley going? She should probably call her up and ask.

She laughs as Circe smiles and cracks a joke. The Summer Queen was certainly laid back, thankfully.

A look of pleasant surprise flashes on her face, Quick!

“Quick! Hey there stranger!”
    she says with a wide grin, “Looking good yourself.” The Treasured was glad he hadn’t left town. He’d been a good friend to her and she’d miss him.

Her hand was then reached out to accept Rhodes offered one, “Hi Rhodes, welcome to the Freehold. How are you?” an Autumn, interesting. Why couldn’t there be this many new Autumns when Mhairi was here? She would have loved it.

The other new guy, Peter, he had jokes. Which to her was good. She liked funny people, made life easier when you could laugh and smile.

“Ah, well welcome!”
    her tone upbeat, “A little over a year actually myself. I think you’ll like it here.” A nod and smile.

Was that John with a beard? That was new. But kinda cute too.

“John! Good to see you, liking the facial hair.”

She watches as others climb on the horses, smiling. Maybe she would, maybe. But her pants were white and she worried about them being dirty. Cause white was a bitch to clean!

There was then a shake of her head, she didn’t do dream stuff. That was Mhairi. Though she had experience in a Dream, was a lot of fun actually.

Treasured/Nix Wyrd●●●●

N
    Nana

Nan couldn't fault Circe for the plain response to her attempt at a joke. It wasn't like she was up to date on much pop culture herself. "Well, it's working well and indeed." Further evident by the tilt of her head as it seemed like she and John just exchanged a long series of gibberish to her. Her smile remained though as the camaraderie between them all was still entirely charming.

"Of course, I'd rather share something than see it go dusty in a box." She responded to Sera. "I have knowledge and experience with medicine, yes. Though I admit that there's no license as of yet. My original level of understanding was as a nurse and even getting that reinstated would have been a real struggle when my -- twin far surpassed that in the time I was away." She gave a small shrug at the talk of what turned out to be only a minor setback for her. "It turned out not to matter much with the less reputable themselves. Those who wouldn't risk a traditional hospital aren't as worried about the prestige of a degree as they are about results. I don't ask many questions about how their injuries come about, a patient is a patient."

The muscles in her neck and back clenched as there appeared a seemingly mortal young man wandering up to them, only for all those concerns to drift away when others were quickly calling out to him as Quick. The fine skin and youthful frame brought inappropriate thoughts to her mind, though not of a particularly lewd nature. She offered him another raise of her hand in greeting before Peter's statement all but absorbed her attention. "Ghosts? You truly can speak to them?" Her eyes grew wide with interest and she leaned forward in a slight hunch towards him. "Fascinating, what a true gift. I have no need, per say, but it's my understanding that there are some very notable people buried about in the cemeteries around Sacramento. It would be something of a treat to see if any of them were lingering around still."

She then stood by the side of the carousel, watching the young ones -- not that she had any idea if they were older than her, or if they had any idea that her appearance didn't exactly sync up with her mortal years -- hop up and begin to spin. Her head tilted to the side as she watched the magical creatures twirl and bob on the equally fantastical steeds. Her throat tensed at the sight, a reminder of something that had always ended terribly, but would be beautiful for a few moments like this. She tapped and brushed under an eye as she took in a deep breath and put on the light smile again before going back to listening to the group's discussion.

Presence
    (Charming)
    Distinctive Voice
    ((Gravitas))
    Rigid Mask
    Mantle - Chilling breeze, summoning tiny leaves
    Rhodes
    Mein

Mein: Rhodes has pale whitish skin, elfin ears and deep, overly large emerald eyes. Thin black veins broach the surface of his skin like the roots of a tree emerging from the ground. Dark, broad leaves sprout from his wrists, ankles and temples, spreading around the back of his head. Deep red flowers bloom at the temples and wrists.
    Mantle

Mantle: A breath of icy wind, the kind that penetrates and sends a chill down the spine. Ash leaves in red, yellow and gold spin into existance around him, caught on the breeze. As the wind blows, unnerving whispers can be heard, always coming from a direction just out of one's field of vision.
    Rhodes Scenes

+1
    DV
    PRE

Flowering

Rhodes listens to Peter's response with a genuine smile. "Spirits, pledges... It seems we share several interests. I'd love to discuss some of your theories on the craft, and how it affects us." He scribbles a phone number on a notepad and passes it to the non-descript man. Courtless... interesting. Sounds like a possible sweep in to Autumn if we can click as people. Rhodes listens closely to Nana's comment. True, if the spirits had stuck around and were eager to speak, there could be many interesting figures to converse with.... and just as many madmen. Either way, this certainly merited some investigation. "Indeed, an excellent idea!" He nods to Nana. "How does that sound to you?" The Fairest asks Peter.

"Dream-stuff? Oneiromancy?" The Flowering replies to Blink, with a hint of eagerness. "Oh yes. I've worked on my own dreamscape from time to time. With practice, we can do almost anything there. It's fantastic. But it's far more complicated when you work in someone else's dreams... the more... vivid the dream, the more intense...the harder it is to shape and alter. But there are many benefits, from aiding recovery to passing on new skills." And tormenting enemies with nightmares. He looks at Blink. "Do you have an interest, as well?"

The Fairest feels the phone go off in his pocket as he shakes the hand of his Fairest counterpart. "Thank you. And I am well. Enjoying this gathering, certainly. Several faces I didn't see at the coronation, each charming in their own way. Already I would call the event a success. Even if Motleys do not form, it's a great meet-and-greet for us newer arrivals." He smiles, inclining his head to Blink and Circe, before turning back to the stunning beauty in front of him. "So, Sera. Your offer to aid Nana. Do you know the local Hedge well, or are you just keen to see more of it? I would understand either - I know I have the latter." His voice is smooth and confident.

Pulling his phone from his pocket and edging away slightly, Rhodes looks at the message from John Doe before tapping out a quick reply and joining the conversation.
    Text reply to John
    Flowering Fairest, Mantle: An ever-changing, spine-chilling icy wind, creating spinning autumn leaves and haunting whispers.

Page 2 of 6 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 26

You do not have permission to view the list of names.