Ended
Watch

Hot Coffee

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last
    J
    John Doe

"It doesn't surprise me that there are classes. Coffee's such a vital product of the day." He had picked up a few things along the way.

John looked over at the bag, "I suppose it does. Otherwise, that's false advertising. It certainly kicks like a mule for someone who doesn't have a tolerance."

The Faceless nodded, "It's a means to an end. I'm just looking to help people. I'm trying to get folks cleaned up and bathed with the laundry runs." Doe shrugged, "I have to figure out what face I'll be wearing while I'm setting up the charity and the appropriate background for it. I'm not business savvy by any means."

Seraphina
    Presence
    (Magnetic)
    Striking Looks
    (Enthralling)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Angelic)
    New Identity
    (Sarah Jones)
    Mantle (Spring)
    (In Mini Sheet)
    Seraphina

Mien

Softly shimmering gold flakes catch the light whenever she moves, delicate gilded gold and diamond scales extenuate the rare greenish blue color of her aquamarine eyes. In the right light, or when her mood changes, her eyes seem to illuminate from within, it’s a very gentle glow. This is the ocean lives in Sera's eyes. The scales trail up to her temples and forehead. Her hair reaches down her back, brushing the ground, spun silver and emerald. Perfectly placed tiny pearls can be seen woven throughout her hair. Very fine diamond dust falls loose from her hair when she moves, reflecting rainbows from the light. The scales on her hands are dulled by the simple fact that her hands are translucent. There is an iridescent scale like skin that pulls delicately up from her ears. The membrane shimmers and has three curly points.
    Seraphina

Fairest

Nix/Treasured
    Mantle

Cherry blossoms gilded in gold bloom from her hair, tumbling down as a warm rejuvenating spring breeze gently kisses the air with the scent of freshly cut grass. The sound of birds singing can be heard as the wildflowers grow and bloom in vibrant colors where she walks, swaying and lively in the breeze.
    Sera's hands and lower legs are translucent while the rest of her has cracks
    Seraphina

Mask
    A fairly tall woman, roughly 5'11 with long, wavy dark brown hair. Her eyes are an intense, deep bright blue, reminding one of sapphires. Her lips are full and her skin is flawless. With that perfection comes a body that men fawn and drool over, and women envy.

Health Tracker

Haunted House
    Items

Hedgespun Items

Tear dropped shaped pendant, form fitted waterfall jacket

Misc.

-3 to any rolls involving Presence
    Seraphina Scenes

Dreaming, -1 WP to analyze, WP to hold Dream together, Dreamscape
      -1 Glamour into Wyrdstone

+2
    SL
    +2
    DV
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••••
    Treasured Nix

There was an eager nod, “It is!” she learned that a while ago, but it was different when it was something you served every day. “As to the classes, I’ve considered it. Learning in ins and outs seems like a wise business move. Especially if I ever branched into roasting my own coffee beans. But that’s a long way off.” And a lot of money.

Perfectly sculpted eyebrows raise as she takes a careful sip. The coffee was allowed to sit in her mouth for a moment, savoring the taste. A shallow nod of her head, “I have to say,” her free hand pointing to the coffee cup, “It’s surprisingly smooth. It’s bold, but not bitter. Very good find!” she gushed with a smile. “I really like it!” she didn’t like flavored coffee or bitter coffee, so this brand was a hit.

“Well, I don’t really like doing laundry, it’s one of my least favorite chores, but I’d be glad to help.”
    Maybe it would be more fulfilling doing it for someone else?

Leaning over for a cookie, “Business isn’t easy to get into. There’s a lot more going on that no one tells you.” A nod of her head, true story. “I’m no business expert, but I can offer you the use of the coffee house if you want. It’s a more laid back environment, which could serve to put people at ease and more open to listening. Unless you have some place in mind, which is ok. This is your thing, I just want to help you succeed with it."
    Treasured/Nix Wyrd●●●●

J
    John Doe

"Could be a starting point. Teach people different aspects of coffee," John pulled out his phone and began typing, "There's a video that's been circulating. Turkish coffee made with hot sand." John displayed the video for Sera to see. "People love novelty and if you manage to get your hands on this I know for damn sure you'd be wildly successful with it."

John sipped his cup, staring into the mug as if some divine inspiration would kindle his mind. "I appreciate that you'd let me use the shop. I'll see if I can drum up enough business to help keep traffic coming. I'll see if I can make a few friends with the laundromats and we can get the homeless transitioning into a place to sleep, and stuff like that. Alleviating that would help deal a blow to The Gentry, less vulnerable types to go after forces them to try new strategies." He laughed, "and we all know how those bastards are creatively bankrupt. Give 'em ten years before they learn a new trick."

Seraphina
    Presence
    (Magnetic)
    Striking Looks
    (Enthralling)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Angelic)
    New Identity
    (Sarah Jones)
    Mantle (Spring)
    (In Mini Sheet)
    Seraphina

Mien

Softly shimmering gold flakes catch the light whenever she moves, delicate gilded gold and diamond scales extenuate the rare greenish blue color of her aquamarine eyes. In the right light, or when her mood changes, her eyes seem to illuminate from within, it’s a very gentle glow. This is the ocean lives in Sera's eyes. The scales trail up to her temples and forehead. Her hair reaches down her back, brushing the ground, spun silver and emerald. Perfectly placed tiny pearls can be seen woven throughout her hair. Very fine diamond dust falls loose from her hair when she moves, reflecting rainbows from the light. The scales on her hands are dulled by the simple fact that her hands are translucent. There is an iridescent scale like skin that pulls delicately up from her ears. The membrane shimmers and has three curly points.
    Seraphina

Fairest

Nix/Treasured
    Mantle

Cherry blossoms gilded in gold bloom from her hair, tumbling down as a warm rejuvenating spring breeze gently kisses the air with the scent of freshly cut grass. The sound of birds singing can be heard as the wildflowers grow and bloom in vibrant colors where she walks, swaying and lively in the breeze.
    Seraphina

Mask
    A fairly tall woman, roughly 5'11 with long, wavy dark brown hair. Her eyes are an intense, deep bright blue, reminding one of sapphires. Her lips are full and her skin is flawless. With that perfection comes a body that men fawn and drool over, and women envy.

Health Tracker

Haunted House
    Items

Hedgespun Items

Misc.

Seraphina Scenes

+2
    SL
    +2
    DV
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••••
    Treasured Nix

There was an understand nod, “That’s a good point. I want the coffee house to be successful, and I suppose that might mean branching out into taking classes.” She hated school, but maybe this would be different.

She leans forward, sipping her coffee as she watched, eyes widening, “Whoa! Sand?!” she exclaims, eagerly watching how the container was moved in the sand and how the coffee boiled. “That’s amazing! I wonder what it tastes like? It’s probably delicious, it looks delicious.” And then she wondered what would go into learning to do it. “Doesn’t look hard to get the stuff, unless it’s a special type of sand. I’d have to research it more to learn about it. But nice find!” she then laughs, “You know? I should have consulted you about the coffee shop before opening it, you got some great ideas.” Least in her opinion.

Sapphires watch him stare into his mug, wondering what was on his mind. "You ok?" there was concern in her voice.

“It was just an idea. I didn’t know how much you had thought about a venue, and I wouldn’t charge you.” Of course she wouldn’t. “You know? The coffee house wasn’t my first idea for opening a business. I had thought about opening something like what Edna’s used to be, a boarding house for Lost arriving to the city. Have you thought about maybe looking into investing into something like that? It would not only help new Lost, but could also be a good transition point for others. A warm bed and meal, plus maybe internet to help them find work and get on their feet. And like you said, it would deal a blow to the Gentry. We’re all we have when we first escape. Banding together and offering a place to stay is a great way to stick it to them.” a nod. "But this is all you and what you want to do."

She laughs as well, “Isn’t that the truth!”
    Treasured/Nix Wyrd●●●●

J
    John Doe

"I'm glad you like it." Seeing Sera happy was helping his mood.

"I'm just doing a lot of thinking. I'm helping Circe with her business. I'm trying to build a new identity here." He shook his head, "Got a freakin' Loyalist in town." Ingrid wouldn't say something like that unless she believed it to be true. "That's going to be a weed that has to be pulled out."

He switched to a better subject, "I've got my foot in the door, and it hasn't been slammed yet. I just need to practice my speaking and confidence. Like, when I'm with you, I feel like I can speak freely. Around others, it's not as easy. Well, it's easier among the Lost, but, when talking to normies - not homeless normies - regular normies - it's an obstacle I'm working to overcome. I know a guy who used to be part of the Toastmasters, so I'm thinking I'll hit him up for practice."

"It'll be a good couple of months, maybe even up to a year before I can get a shelter established. But, all good things come in time."

Seraphina
    Presence
    (Magnetic)
    Striking Looks
    (Enthralling)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Angelic)
    New Identity
    (Sarah Jones)
    Mantle (Spring)
    (In Mini Sheet)
    Seraphina

Mien

Seraphina

Fairest

Nix/Treasured
    Mantle

Seraphina

Mask

Health Tracker

Haunted House
    Items

Hedgespun Items

Misc.

Seraphina Scenes

+2
    SL
    +2
    DV
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••••
    Treasured Nix

She takes a long sip of the coffee as he mentions the loudmouth from the Coronation. There was a few seconds as she savored the flavor before focusing once again on the unpleasant subject.

“We have something. I don’t know what it is, but I don’t like it. Especially going after Ingrid, she’s not only my Queen, but my Motley mate. So a fight against her, is one against me.”
    A heavy sigh as she takes a bite out of one of the cookies, “These are amazing by the way!” she adds, “Anyways, I tend to avoid political drama, I hate politics, avoid it as much as I can. But I will support Ingrid and stand behind her.” There was conviction in her voice. No one fucked with her Motley mate.

She welcomed the change of topic, the smile returning once again to her face, “That’s great and the only way to start!” now if it was easy or hard would depend on a variety of things. “I’m glad you feel you can speak freely around me. But I know it can be hard to speak in front of regular people. Maybe not as difficult as it sounds like it is for you, but I get it. And, the Toastmasters?” she asks, not sure what it was. “But I’m glad you’re working on it. I know you can overcome it.” She tries to encourage him. “And if your friend can’t help, just let me know. I’ll stick you behind the counter of the coffee shop on a Friday night.” She says with a giggle and a wink. “Or hell, up on the stage!” her eyes sparkle with mischief at that idea.

Nodding, “Are you looking to purchase a building in the city or on the outskirts? Cause I know all about the hoops to jump through to get a building. But it’s great that you seem to have a plan in place! You’ve obvious put a lot of thought into this. It’s going to be amazing when it’s done.” And rewarding.
    Treasured/Nix Wyrd●●●●

J
    John Doe

He could ascertain the subject bothered her even before she spoke. John sighed and took a sip of his coffee and a bite of the cookie as he listened to the Nyx. "Sera, I'm not trying to be rude. You should keep this nugget of wisdom in mind. “One of the penalties of refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors.” The Darkling shook his head and sipped again. "I refuse to governed by a traitor. I lost my hometown Freehold to a True Fae because of an Autumn Sovereign who was a Loyalist plant." He quieted himself by taking another bite of the cookie. "That said, I won't bring it up again."

"As for shelter locations, I have to find where the greatest concentration of homeless folk are. I've got a new entry level ID for blending in among the normies. Folks know me as Jack Diamond. A bit more time and money, I'll have enough street cred and a name within the charities that I can get a small plot of land or an office. I'll try to hire someone to work the day shift. I can handle nights."

Seraphina
    Presence
    (Magnetic)
    Striking Looks
    (Enthralling)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Angelic)
    New Identity
    (Sarah Jones)
    Mantle (Spring)
    (In Mini Sheet)
    Seraphina

Mien

Seraphina

Fairest

Nix/Treasured
    Mantle

Seraphina

Mask

Health Tracker

Haunted House
    Items

Hedgespun Items

Misc.

Seraphina Scenes

+2
    SL
    +2
    DV
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••••
    Treasured Nix

She knew not getting involved in politics wasn’t a popular line of thinking. She’d heard it in other Freeholds she had been a part of.

Sapphires fix on her coffee as she listened, she knew he was right. But she didn’t have to like it.
    “I understand what you’re saying, and I know there is truth to what you say. I’ve been told how important it is to make my voice heard time and time again.” Finally her eyes meet his, “Like I said, I support Ingrid in this. She isn’t the type to fly off the handle and spew lies, that just isn’t her.” She shakes her head, that wasn’t her Queen. “That being said, getting involved with politics is risky. I’m finally building something for myself, building a world where I feel comfortable and like I fit in.” a sip was taken, “But you’re right, I can’t keep quiet and hope things go smoothly. There comes a time when we have to stand up and make our voices heard, maybe this is my time.” She shrugs and bites into the cookie again.

Smirking, “Jack Diamond huh? Kinda sounds like a gambler.” She says, the smirk turning into a smile.

“Seems like you have a great start! I’d offer to help you research locations, but I don’t think I’d blend in and might cause more of a problem than anything. Maybe you could have one of the homeless that you really trust help run things during the day. Give them a chance to build some more work experience and feel like they are giving back.”
    Treasured/Nix Wyrd●●●●

J
    John Doe

John nodded in silent agreement. From his perspective, Sera understood what was at stake. "It's never easy to fight for the greater good," he quietly whispered to her.

He chuckled, "It's something of a nickname I picked up in Reno. Jack is a nickname for John. Diamonds are tough, 'cause Winters have to be tough in non-physical ways."

His voice picked up enthusiasm, "But, yea, I'm totally gonna recruit one of the homeless folks to work as my manager. Just a matter of time. In many cases it's about getting a gig and getting back to living with an actual roof over one's head. Some people just need a helping hand; all we have to do is offer it."

Seraphina
    Presence
    (Magnetic)
    Striking Looks
    (Enthralling)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Angelic)
    New Identity
    (Sarah Jones)
    Mantle (Spring)
    (In Mini Sheet)
    Seraphina

Mien

Seraphina

Fairest

Nix/Treasured
    Mantle

Seraphina

Mask

Health Tracker

Haunted House
    Items

Hedgespun Items

Misc.

Seraphina Scenes

+2
    SL
    +2
    DV
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••••
    Treasured Nix

A gentle shake of her head. There was then a far away look in her eyes briefly as her mind seemed to go somewhere else for a moment.

But the moment passes and she appears to refocus.

“That’s right! You’ve talked about Reno before. Ever miss it?”
    she couldn’t remember ever asking him that. “Tough in non-physical ways? Like emotionally and all that?” summer seemed to control the field on physical toughness. Maybe it was good there were Seasons that were tough in other ways. Like Spring. “Hey, maybe there’s something with that that I can learn from you.”

Beaming, “That’s great! I know they’ll really appreciate it.” People with nothing seem to appreciate the small things more. Like being given a chance to work. “What you are doing is wonderful, and I know you’re going to be successful. But tell me, have you always wanted to do this? Provide shelter and a starting point for others to rebuild their lives?” she was truly curious.

“Cause me? I never thought about owning a coffee shop as something I would do in my life. It just kind of happened. But it’s amazing how something can change your life.”
    Treasured/Nix Wyrd●●●●

Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 13

You do not have permission to view the list of names.