Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
(Memory Lane) Parks and Planning

This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
    Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

PRE

High summer. The city simmers under a brazen sky, breathes in heat, and radiates a pall of warmth. Everything slows down in this, the mysterious fiesta time of afternoon. There will be a rush of activity later in the afternoon that will settle into a pleasant, balmy evening. Even the waters of William Land Park Pond don't seem to help. The water is placid to the point of stillness and the thick shield of trees around the landmark are stultified and silent in the heat. There is no movement: no one to watch and bother as the Lost gather.

Echo Saber Sloth finds a spot under the largest stand of trees near the butterfly shaped pond. Almost opposite and across the tepid water, is the William Carroll Amphitheatre - but that landmark faces away from the Pond. And away from the Lost. Its a fitting place to sunbathe, catch up, and discuss an innocuously parked car that had set someone's alarm bells ringing.

A trouble shared, perhaps?

Benji Wolfgang Origins Circe @Sabastian Grace Jason Devereux

2. Likes , Origins liked this post
    Presence
    (Trouble)
    Striking Looks
    (Provocateur)
    Oasis in the desert, glass roses and palm leaves
    (Mantle)
    Status (Clubs)
    (Contacts (Clubs, Street))
    Echo

Contacts: Street, Clubs
    Status Clubs ●

Mask

A blond 20something, who uses too much eye makeup.
    Mien

Human silhouette altered by a lion's ears and tail paired with digitigrade legs, causing her to walk on leoline toes. Fur comprises of hard packed sand, turning into sun scorched glass. Her hands come to deadly broken glass claws, while her eyes are overly large, their pupils slit, gleam silver like a naked blade.
    Mantle

Oasis in the desert, glass roses and palm leaves peak from her hair, her glass body reflects the shimmer of long awaited water
    Hedgespun

Foot Wrap L ● +1 Defence
    Mask: Cute Boot (L)
    Mien: A length of hardened threads of woven silver sand.

Foot Wrap R ● +2 Initiative
    Mask: Cute Boot (R)
    Mien: A length of captured lighting, dancing on woven clouds.

Engagement Ring ●● +2 Defence
    Mask: An Engagement Ring
    Mien: a large, brilliantly coloured bumblebee, looking as though it was made of wild flowers itself, rather than any mundane black and yellow creature, and held inside a ring made of clear amber.
    Normal Equipment!

Leather Jacket, (Reinforced Clothing), Smart Phone, Bowie Knife.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••
    Razorhand Truefriend

Echo is the first to arrive, expected really. She's the one who's hosting this shindig, even if she's cheapping out with this venue. And no h'orderves.

Whatever.

This was waaaaay more important then her lazy ass hosting.

She pulls out her phone with the details of the two creepers. Rental company's number, the plate number, and a scant description. Nice, girl. Freckles. Oval face - ya and hoddie guy. Fit. Nice. Yummy

Gawd. Her note taking skills totally needed improvement.
    Wyrd ●●● | Heath: | Willpower: | Glamour:

4. Likes Yumyumcrow, Origins liked this post
    Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Merit-Striking Looks (exotic)
    Mein:

Her skin turns a slate-blue and her hair bone white. The whites of her eyes are blood red, the irises are purple with cat-slit black pupils. The helix of her ears elongate out 2" inches ending in a tip. Her features sharpen and her figure has an unnatural, inhuman litheness that can be intellectually disturbing.
    Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

Her skin brings to mind Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, or Asian races, though her high cheek bones and sharp facial structure don't match. Most assume she is of mixed ancestry given the pale blonde hair. Alias Mary Maniscalo.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Circe was sure of one thing. It is too hot. In deference to the heat, she'd bothered to get a wide brimmed gardener's hat. It, thankfully, didn't match the black tote on her shoulder or grey coat. The former was needed for the laptop and the latter for other reasons. Not that she didn't have a secured footlocker in the Rogue Mobile just in case.

Walking along the path, Circe had no trouble finding Echo's meeting spot quickly. The meeting spot was a pleasant enough. Made the Fairest wish she'd known about it to come under better circumstances. The elven Lost walks up to Echo without hesitation, only offering a nod of greetings before turning around to plop herself down to sit beside the feline Darkling.

Circe sighs, "It's too hot," then looks at Echo, "So what's up? Or are we waiting for others first?" The elf leaned over to try and take a look at the Echo's phone.
    Fairest: Larcenist | WYRD 2| Mantle: Dry Desert Heat |Health: 8 | Willpower: 5 | Glamour: 7

W
    Wolfgang

Dressed in a khaki shorts that show off his knobby knees, sandals, a hawaiian shirt, sunglasses, and an ugly ass straw hat to keep the sun off him, Wolfgang also carries around one of those spray bottle fan misters. All in an attempt to beat the heat. When he approaches the growing collection of lost, he gives both ladies a roll of his free hand and a courtly little bow accompanied by a click of his heels.

"Your majesty." He says, when he's sure there's no one around to hear them. "You're supposed to have an in with the big guy upstairs, right? Can't you do something about... all this?" He points up at the sun, then spins his finger around as if to signify 'all this' as 'the godawful temperature everyone is suffering in'.

J
    Jason Devereux

Jason strolls along the path, eyes taking in the area. He still isn’t terribly familiar with the city, so his eyes flit about, drinking in every detail. He’s forgone his usual jacket in deference to the heat, rolling up the sleeves of his white button down to better accommodate the warmth pervading the air. It seems excessive to invoke the Contracts of Fire to ward off the heat, but it sounds more sensible by the minute. He shakes his head with a sigh, noting that he'd have to expand his wardrobe properly, his choices at the moment weren’t precisely designed with high summer in mind.

He glances at the sky and silently appreciates that at least he can get away without having to carry a beach umbrella outside in summer these days. He may not like what was done to him in the lands under the hill, but he must give credit where it’s due, there are some striking benefits to his new form. Being able to spend more than five minutes in the sun before becoming a walking ball of misery and sunburn is one of them. That doesn’t make him immune to sweat though and he purses his lips as he rearranges his vest slightly to allow a little air to flow between his torso and the garment.

He spots Circe, Echo and Wolfgang under the shade of a group of trees and begins making his way over, he knows precious little about the situation, but if he can at all help… well, it probably couldn’t hurt his standing among the other Lost, and this was his home for the foreseeable future. He might not be a fighter of any real skill, but for all that warriors are necessary for the safety of the freehold from the irrationality of the Fair Folk… well, a silvered tongue and a clever mind could defuse most situations short of that before the drums of war had time to sound their first beat.

He steps under the shade of the trees with the three lost, his neck bending in a sharp bow to the incumbent monarch, “My Queen. Echo. Wolfgang. I understand there’s a... concern, that requires attention?”

Presence
    (Trouble)
    Striking Looks
    (Provocateur)
    Oasis in the desert, glass roses and palm leaves
    (Mantle)
    Status (Clubs)
    (Contacts (Clubs, Street))
    Echo

Contacts: Street, Clubs
    Status Clubs ●

Mask

A blond 20something, who uses too much eye makeup.
    Mien

Human silhouette altered by a lion's ears and tail paired with digitigrade legs, causing her to walk on leoline toes. Fur comprises of hard packed sand, turning into sun scorched glass. Her hands come to deadly broken glass claws, while her eyes are overly large, their pupils slit, gleam silver like a naked blade.
    Mantle

Oasis in the desert, glass roses and palm leaves peak from her hair, her glass body reflects the shimmer of long awaited water
    Hedgespun

Foot Wrap L ● +1 Defence
    Mask: Cute Boot (L)
    Mien: A length of hardened threads of woven silver sand.

Foot Wrap R ● +2 Initiative
    Mask: Cute Boot (R)
    Mien: A length of captured lighting, dancing on woven clouds.

Engagement Ring ●● +2 Defence
    Mask: An Engagement Ring
    Mien: a large, brilliantly coloured bumblebee, looking as though it was made of wild flowers itself, rather than any mundane black and yellow creature, and held inside a ring made of clear amber.
    Normal Equipment!

Leather Jacket, (Reinforced Clothing), Smart Phone, Bowie Knife.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••
    Razorhand Truefriend

The Lioness is one part joyous at the heat, paradoxically so. It hurt her now, the sun. Beating down upon her, the memories of the Endless Desert searing, scorching, burning her from the inside out.

She flicks her mirror shades down, looking upon the Lost who've headed her call with her blade sharp eyes.

"Circe! .....Wolfgang? Right ya? Like the chef. And Jason, hey. Ya. Shit's happening. Or I think there is. Kay. So. Here's what's up." she starts, words tumbling out of her mouth, "So. There was this car. It was hanging around Funderland for a loooong ass while. Like too long. So I started poking around. Just in case it was a pedo after the kids, or like. A monster after us."

Flicking her broken glass claws up, "First. The car. Rental. I got the company name and their number." another clawed finger joins the first, "Second. Bags, cables and wires. Like combat boots and camo stuff I think inside. Didn't get a good look. Car was locked with the alarm one." a third, "Third. There were two of 'em. Saw them when they came back to the car. A guy and a girl. The girl has this like nice face. Oval. Nice, cute freckles. And a guy. In a hoodie, looked fit, couldn't really see his face. And ya. Didn't get names. Didn't want them to know I was checking out their car and, y'know. Them." she says, drumming her claws against her folded legs.

"Soooooooo. Ya. That's all I got. Oh! Wait. They came out of the woods like near Funderland and they were totally camo'd up! Like, they were looking around like seriously out there. Sooo, ya. That's it. Promise." she nods, shrugging, "So. Ya. Now what. Like I know we need ta deal with them. Like who the fuck are they and why the fuck are they hanging around. But ya, like. Thoughts? Questions? Comments? Concerns?"
    Wyrd ●●● | Heath: | Willpower: | Glamour:

9. Likes Origins liked this post
    Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Merit-Striking Looks (exotic)
    Mein:

Her skin turns a slate-blue and her hair bone white. The whites of her eyes are blood red, the irises are purple with cat-slit black pupils. The helix of her ears elongate out 2" inches ending in a tip. Her features sharpen and her figure has an unnatural, inhuman litheness that can be intellectually disturbing.
    Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

Her skin brings to mind Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, or Asian races, though her high cheek bones and sharp facial structure don't match. Most assume she is of mixed ancestry given the pale blonde hair. Alias Mary Maniscalo.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Circe turns away from spying, uh, examining Echo's cellphone upon Wolfgang's arrival. "Oh yeah, sure Wolfgang," Circe raises her arm, the blue skin of her left hand catches light from the sun. Or perhaps it is sweat? And she gives the sun the finger. She let the arm flop back down as she sent Wolfgang a smirk, "That's about it for me. Maybe I should look inta those contracts instead of tryin' ta get a bazooka."

"Sup Jason. I'd suggest getting in the shade before ya bake," she weakly waves at the last Lost to arrive. Now her attention is fully on Echo.

As Echo explained what the problem was Circe's jovial mood died away. "That ain't good," was all she could say at first. Possibilities abounded. "I can think of a few threats that'd come after us. But most like us, ya know, would do sneaking if they had the right tricks. Why camo up if ya can turn inta a shadow?" Circe leans her head to the right and cups her chin in her right hand. She hummed in thought, "Norman hired muscle? Or very serious pedos?"

Recalled a rumor
    Date Action Roll Result
    2018-07-11 15:17:56 Circe rolls 6 to recall something (10 Again) 4, 4, 10, 1, 5, 9, 2 2 successes

Circe had heard rumors about something that could be worse, "Ugh, could be monster hunter nuts. I've heard a few horror stories." Like it was not enough to be hunted for fun by Fae monsters and the world just had to throw in some human ones.

The descriptions didn't really help. Nor would the other details with just that. "I have a laptop. No facial software on it outside of Google. I could try accessin' the rental company and see if they were stupid enough ta pay by credit," the Summer Queen's ashen locks bounce as she shakes her head in the negative, "I know its unlikely but people can be stupid. Do ya have pictures of 'em Echo? If they're normans some of my associates could've sold stuff to them."

If the two were mortals then talking to her colleagues would be like searching for a specific needle in a stack of needles. They could get lucky and know exactly what the opposition was packing. But Circe could also try Google face search if Echo had pictures.
    Fairest: Larcenist | WYRD 2| Mantle: Dry Desert Heat |Health: 8 | Willpower: 5 | Glamour: 7

11. Likes , Yumyumcrow liked this post
    J
    Jason Devereux

Jason mulls the problem over for a minute, his eyes drifting to the sky as he allows Circe to speak before he starts outlining his ideas out loud, “If one assumes that we're dealing with purely mundane scrutiny, then... Well, I would expect the company has GPS tracking of the car in this day and age. If we could get park management to contract the company, we might be able to get a better idea if they’ve been spending a suspicious amount of time in the area. Perhaps phrase it in such a way that we make it clear that we’re not holding them responsible for any actions taken by those who rented their vehicle? That might grease the wheels on the confidentiality issue.”

He continues his line of reasoning, a potential plan coming together, but speaking slowly and carefully to make sure his thoughts didn’t run away from him, “If we can prove that they’re spending an unusual amount of time around the park we may not need to do anything ourselves, as it were, especially if John was willing to help out. We could wait for the car to turn up again, and wait for them to disappear from security cameras. Then John comes strolling into the park, shifted to imitate one of them” Jason pauses for a moment, weighing the options, before continuing matter-of-factly “The male, probably. We minimize the presumption of innocence that way.”

He gives his head a small shake, getting back on track, “Regardless, John comes in, sneaks into the offices, breaks into the vault and nicks off with enough cash to force police attention. We provide the police with tapes of the event, footage of them in the rental car, and direct them to the rental company. Then we just monitor the situation from relative safety.” He pauses for a moment, running back through his plan for any glaring holes. "If John is unwilling to help... then we can still do something similar, we'll just have to be careful about making sure the clothes in each video match up, and that we avoid camera angle that could mark the footage as staged.

“If they get sent to prison, then problem solved. If they don’t, then we’ve sent a very clear message about the dangers of digging into our business. Either way, we win. The police get to pad their arrest numbers, and we get to avoid any real danger over the issue and a plausible excuse to up security if we want to. I’m not too familiar with American tax law, but I have the feeling you might also be able to write the stolen money off as a loss and reclaim it on your taxes. A little morally ambiguous, but certainly a boon for the park.” His voice is contemplative on the last sentence, running through what little he knows of America tax codes.

Jason shrugs, looking back down to the others, “Thoughts?”

Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

PRE

Echoe does not have any pictures of the woman or the man. She does have the name of the car rental company - ROBYN'S CAR HIRE - along with the company's office address and phone number.

14. Likes liked this post
    W
    Wolfgang

"I mean it's kind of fucked up that you want to send them to prison for maybe spying on us?" Wolfgang shrugs. "It seems like... whatsit called? Disproportionate Retribution? I heard of a guy this one time that wanted to force overdoses in club kids to get one club he didn't like closed down. He was fucking nuts. Thats what 'maybe send kids to prison as a message to others' sounds like to me."

"I mean," he asks. "How'd you figure they're spying on us anyway? There a Trod in that area maybe? Can we get the security cameras for the parking lot?" He didn't know how much actual pull the freehold had over the park. "There a reason we can't have their car towed when it's parked there after hours? Or hell, lets snoop around in the area they're hiding in during the day and see if we can figure something out about what they're doing?"

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread