Ended
Watch

(1803) Sanctuary 14

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 5 of 6 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last
    S
    Samael

The Warlock held his tongue regarding more Awakened pouring in. Did I miss a memo? Oh, never mind. I'm installing locks.

"Well, well, well," Samael remarked. "The Pentacle is assembled once more." Addressing the crowd of Awakened, "I am Samael. Mastigos, Silver Ladder. Have a seat if you haven't already taken one."

Turning to the Moros Councilor, "Sounds like we have a hell of a lot of projects to deal with. Thank you for that valuable information, Campanella." The Thearch returned his chair near Aurora. "Now, that all of our talents and Orders are covered, we ought to establish a division of labor. Who among us will pursue which leads that Campanella has set forth?"

They were equals - eventually someone would step up to be first among them.

Campanella
    Allies (City Hall)
    Allies (Criminal)
    Allies (Culture)
    Allies (Finance)
    Occult Skill
    Campanella
    Campanella
    Campanella's Scenes
    Stats

Clock

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1
    Active Spells: 3/5
    Personal Spells: 3/1

[2R] Analyze Artefact (Deep Scrutiny of Artefacts, Prolonged, 1 scene)
    [4R] Dark Matter (Matter Sight, Prolonged, 1 scene)
    [2R] One Mind, Two Thoughts (Prolonged, 1 scene)

Tangled Threads

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 4
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1
    Personal Spells: 1/3

[4] Aura Perception (Concentration, 1 scene)

[5] Third Eye (Mind Sight, Prolonged, 1 scene)

[2R] Unseen Aegis (Armor, 1 scene)

PRE

Campanella takes a beat when Epitaph first arrives.

Another mage arrives. With nails! Oh -

He pauses, rising, as the woman's hands turn to storied gesture that he knows intimately. And as he studies Epitaph he sees the differences between herself and the other Awakened, whom he had dubbed Mad for her flashing eyes, twisted humour and apparent lack of control. Death's Angel is a different kind of woman; and far from the nervous bundle of power he had witnessed.

"I think we can be easy, Lacuna. This Epitaph is not one of the others who I had occasion to stumble into. The Mad was more robust of figure, rounder of face, ah - less pale."

Unless what he saw was a cunning ruse that his Supernal Vision could not penetrate. In which case they were in deep shit. Campanella chose not to give into such sudden, panicked, feelings without further evidence.

As he spoke, his hands moved of their own accord, following the prescribed hand signal response to Epitaph's silent declaration.

"I am Campanella, a Moros," he intoned before he took his seat again. His eyes drifted over to Samael as the Thearch spoke up.
    Campanella|Moros|Mysterium
    Gnosis: 4
    Occult Skill: 3

3. Likes , Deltaomega, Cayce liked this post
    Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

Active Spells: 1/6
    [Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Once again she gives the new guy her name, “Aurora, Shaman and an Apostate.” Still friendly about it.

At mention of back to the future, she nods, “In some way, yes. The Seer’s were attempting to attack us through the past. In some ways they were able to screw up a few timelines, but they’ve been quiet lately.” Which in her mind wasn’t good. But maybe she had just been in Sacramento long enough to see good people lost.

Looking to Campanella, “I believe VT brought the fight at the university right to their doorstep and beat them. If memory serves me right and that wasn’t altered.” A free hand was held up, “For all I know it could have been messed up too.” But he was right, surely they would have heard something by now if they were at the university.

Eyes drift to Sand, “That’s a good point. The ones we’ve been dealing with, they aren’t flashy and obvious. Otherwise they would have brought the fight to our front door and not this whole go back in time crap. So I’d feel safe saying they don’t seem to be associated. But they still sound dangerous.” There was no doubt about that.

“I’d rather overreact and not have a surprise attack one say then not.” Having their guard up was a good thing. No fault it that.

Did someone send up a flare or a flag of some sort saying they were low on mages?

The smile comes back, “Hi, welcome. I’m Aurora, Shaman and apostate."

Looking to the Enchantress, “They very well could be. There’s no evidence to suggest they’re friendly yet, so I say we keep an eye open for them. And given that they haven’t presented themselves here yet says a lot. And while they could be passing through, I’d rather be cautious.” At least until they found them and learned their reasons.

A shrug, “I was starting to think name tags. There hasn’t been an influx like this in a while.” which was true enough.

"Well, I don't mind looking into it. I'm pretty good at getting people to talk to me." came with the job of being a performer.

5. Likes , Deltaomega, Cayce liked this post
    V
    Vauban

"Certainly seems like it." The newcomer said to Hamia. "Well. Nice to meet you all." Vauban said with a nod to everyone as he took a seat. Apparently this city had quite the unaffiliated population. And a Mystagogue or two.

Vauban did a double take the moment Epitaph walked in. He relaxed again with confirmation from the Moros. "Can you remember anything else about the other woman? See a nimbus manifest?" He asked. Brunets with nail extensions were common enough as is.

He listened and considered it for a moment. "Maybe they switched tactics?" He offered. "I might only have a basic understanding of Time, but I can't imagine you can keep tampering with time travel without something going wrong." Not even the followers of the Lie were immune to the grasp of the abyss. Talk about the university put the libertine ill at ease and slightly confused. A few seconds later he shook his head, apparently giving up. "Should have grabbed coffee along the way." He muttered. Caffeine injection would be nice right about now.

He stayed quite for a while after that. He seemed to be processing everything he was seeing and hearing. Finally, he simply shrugged. "A few of us could go back to the coffee shop and take a look around. If they threw around enough magic, odds are they left a trail." He was a bit surprised how quick he was at throwing himself at the problems of this city.

Epitaph
    Striking Looks
    (Death's Angel)
    Epitaph

Nimbus:
    When Epitaph draws upon the fearsome power of the Tower of Doom, the shadows grow deep and every living being appears to be horrifically rent in an orgy of grotesque murder.

Month Long:
    Death Sight pot 1
    Death Armor 2e pot 1

+1
    SL
    PRE

Ah, so this was the current daduchos, the one her mentor had suggested might soon ascend even higher...no matter, such thoughts could be discussed at another time. There were new and unknown things in the air...

Epitaph's artificially pale eyes observed the others as she listened to the phantom of the conversation she had walked in on. It seemed that she had been mistaken for an omen of danger that had been seen, though this was not what was most concerning to her. No, what was far more terrifying to consider was the thought that Time, and History, upon a grand scale had been altered. If anything could chill the blood in her veins, it was this, though she would not dwell upon it. Again, there were more immediate concerns...

"I mean you no harm," Epitaph assured them as she stepped forward, her hands splayed in the sign of passivity, and by extension, peace. "I've come here alone, and my only friend who once wore that style has been dead since 1998, due to complications from missing her liver."

Jacqueline, loving daughter and sister, found ten days after first reported missing...

Epitaph did not elaborate, but instead gestured towards Aurora.

"Perhaps, if all news has been shared, we might split into smaller groups to discuss the division of labor, among other things. Given the present concern for strangers, I am sure there is a measure of vetting that must be done, too."

8. Likes Deltaomega, liked this post
    Presence
    Striking Looks
    (Curvy)
    Sand

Nimbus:
    Tiny sparkling particulates like dust motes are shed to reveal what is below. With vulgar magic, the shedding is more of a scouring and the motes obscure in the frenzy.
    Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar 0
    Active Spells: 1/5
    Personal Spells: 1/2

[3] Supernal Vision (Rit)

+1
    SL
    PRE

Pencil paused its spinning at Epitaph's first impression arrival.

Lacuna - A+ again.

"The pen is mightier than the sword." But the quote was not literal. The no longer spinning pencil is set down carefully as an answer was awaited to Lacuna's inquiry.

Campanella's voice precluded the answer as well as the sword that had been brought to mind to replace the pencil.

Processing lag on other statements ended.

Hamia had a question.
    Lacuna requested a primer.
    Samael was pushing forward division of labor.

A nod is offered to Hamia, confirming the statement.

Primer [prim-er or, esp. British, prahy-mer]
    noun
    1. an elementary book for teaching children to read.

That explained the accent. A second nod as the pencil is lifted and a clean page is flipped to.

"I agree that breaking things down into more maneagable problems is a good idea. I'll start with the primer idea- I didn't catch everyone's associations. So come swing by and talk to me so I can make sure we have the right names and such. As well as do coverage of basics for what is going on to get us all on somewhat of the same page.

Sand steps off to the side here

10. Likes , liked this post
    Campanella
    Allies (City Hall)
    Allies (Criminal)
    Allies (Culture)
    Allies (Finance)
    Occult Skill
    Campanella
    Campanella
    Campanella's Scenes
    Stats

Clock

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1
    Personal Spells: 3/1

[2R] Analyze Artefact (Deep Scrutiny of Artefacts, Prolonged, 1 scene)
    [4R] Dark Matter (Matter Sight, Prolonged, 1 scene)
    [2R] One Mind, Two Thoughts (Prolonged, 1 scene)

Tangled Threads

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 4
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1
    Personal Spells: 1/3

[4] Aura Perception (Concentration, 1 scene)

[5] Third Eye (Mind Sight, Prolonged, 1 scene)

[2R] Unseen Aegis (Armor, 1 scene)

PRE

Campanella tilted his head to one side and grimaced.

"Well. I didn't get a look at any Nimbus. That said, I did manage to take a signature from one of the pair - the raven haired woman with the... nails... who appeared to laugh so... cruelly? Maniacally? Both. Yes. I think both."

He paused, eyes narrowing.

Date Action Roll Result
    2018-03-26 03:25:12 Campanella to recall a mage's signature rolls 6 to Intelligence + Composure (10 Again) 4, 9, 5, 2, 9, 8 3 successes

"If you were to ask me, I'd describe her resonance as _______ and that would give a kind of ______ twist to her signature. If you find something like _______ colouring any lingering Glyphs or workings you find around the place, I'd hazard that could be signs of her passing."

He described the taloned woman's aura as best he could, finding the experience somewhat cathartic. He'd never tried to explain what another Awaken's aura - their signature - felt like before; and he felt he had failed one some level, the words feeling somehow crudely rendered in his mouth.

"If anyone wishes to go back and check on the diner, it was _____ at ______. Looks for <this> sign. Its not the best, I'm afraid. If you blink you might miss it."
    Campanella|Moros|Mysterium
    Gnosis: 4
    Occult Skill: 3

12. Likes , Cayce, liked this post

Hamia
    Striking Looks
    (Appealing)
    Presence
    (Guarded)
    Hamia

Nimbus:
    Vulgar magic causes Hamia's form to skip and stutter, as if each movement of each limb was recorded at a different time - then spliced back together.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Hamia is almost startled by Lacuna's request. Which, coming from her... might as well be a command. Not that she disagrees with the sentiment. There really must be a beacon somewhere, luring everyone in.

All things considered, this Epitaph does sort-of resemble Campanella's description. She regards the newcomer with a hard look when Lacuna 'points the spotlight' at her. Sharp, talon-like claws. Dark hair. Striking? Yeah.

But before Hamia can voice her own discontent, Campanella vouches for her. Or, at least, vouches that she isn't the same woman from the diner. She sighs in relief. Though the female Moros' own revelations are grim enough to set her on edge all over again.

It does feel a bit crowded, now, with everyone who's shown up. Hamia's eyes search out Lacuna's. Situations like this make Hamia wish she had a big sister. And Lacuna's big-- tall. They may not be as close as sisters, but she's the only lifeline Hamia has. "Do you want to go fill out this 'primer' or discuss the problems here with Campanella?" She may have just volunteered his name for a task he didn't ask for, but he seems to know what's going on.

Time Armor 2E effects (when active): +3 Defense (works against firearms)/+0 Armor

14. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post

Epitaph
    Striking Looks
    (Death's Angel)
    Epitaph

Nimbus:
    When Epitaph draws upon the fearsome power of the Tower of Doom, the shadows grow deep and every living being appears to be horrifically rent in an orgy of grotesque murder.

Month Long:
    Death Sight pot 1
    Death Armor 2e pot 1

+1
    SL
    PRE

"I shall attend the Primer," Epitaph declared mournfully. "Once more, please forgive my abrupt entrance."

Joining Sand!

Presence
    (Taciturn)
    Striking Looks
    (Statuesque)
    Lorna Holmes
    (Around Sleepers)
    Barely there English Accent
    Allies
    (Unions)
    Lacuna

Any mage with the sense for it will note that Lacuna has a Destiny

Nimbus

At first, there is a soft rattling of chains tickles your ears, which increase in volume as the sound of something heavy scraping the floor echos out. The scraping grows louder, and now heavy measured footsteps a company the ominous cacophony...which you realize seems to come from everywhere, no matter the distance.
    Stats

Health:
    Backlash:
    Mana: |
    WP: |
    Armor 1/0
    Defense 2
    Occult 2

Vulgar
    Active Spells: / 6
    Personal Spells:

(Paper Chace) 2eSpace Sight 2suxx,2eMindSight 2suxx,2eSpaceArmor1suxx DEF 5, Read matrices 2suxx, portal 8suxx |1vulgar 1 mana, 1 resistant bashing contagion in effect

(Grubs) 2eSpaceArmor1suxx DEF 5, 2eSpaceSight1suxx,2eMindSight2suxx, Portal 4suxx, Vulgars 1, | 4 Mana
    contagion in effect

+1
    SL
    PRE

Lacuna's lips purse. In your life you face moment that might destroy you. She had faced these events screaming, but she stepped through those fires and stood now, smouldering on the other side.

Hamia was still burning. Lacuna didn't begrudge her the anchor, or full water bucket to match the metaphor.

"If we need to provide info we'll be asked." the primer would be handed out so they'd get the info they missed a d needed with the rush of all these new arrivals. "Cone on, lets pull up a wall." she says already lumbering over to a patch of wall.

Lacuna and Hamia head over here!
    Health: | Mana: | Willpower:

17. Likes liked this post
Page 5 of 6 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last
Closed Thread