Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1
    Active Spells: 3/5
    Personal Spells: 3/1

[2R] Analyze Artefact (Deep Scrutiny of Artefacts, Prolonged, 1 scene)
    [4R] Dark Matter (Matter Sight, Prolonged, 1 scene)
    [2R] One Mind, Two Thoughts (Prolonged, 1 scene)

Tangled Threads

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 4
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1
    Personal Spells: 1/3

[4] Aura Perception (Concentration, 1 scene)

[5] Third Eye (Mind Sight, Prolonged, 1 scene)

[2R] Unseen Aegis (Armor, 1 scene)

PRE

"What stands out? The general feel of the place where I encountered them, that magic was certainly involved, and that one of them had some of the most idiosyncratic tendencies I have seen expressed - which to my mind either makes them dangerously foolish or else having fun at the expense of Sleepers... And our codes of silence."

He lead forward, placing his hands on the carved register that framed his seat.

"Let me explain. I had wandered into a diner, hoping to find some peace after a difficult morning. It had appeared the kind of nondescript place where you might find a little peace with staff who know not to bother you and few patrons. I quickly discovered why there were so few patrons, as the last of them slid out the door like frightened sheep - the kind that don't even know why they are running away...."

He collected his thoughts.

"At an adjoining table were two women. One had long, dark hair and was rather striking. The other was somewhat older with... a bob haircut... I'd guess." He floundered for a moment. "The younger woman had nails like claws, if that helps. Ah. As I say. Two women at an adjoining table. There was a gentleman as well, but I didn't catch much of him; he was exiting as well and I don't know if he was a practitioner or not."

"The ladies had the table surrounded in force field of some kind. I detected the Force Arcanum at least, and I'd guess that the spell had been cast by the older of the two. The younger woman was laughing - not that I heard anything - and setting fire to the napkins and other table ware. Very erratic behaviour."

"I don't know what had occurred, but I surmise some form of vulgar display. Enough to spook the Sleepers into leaving. The fact the younger woman was laughing and carrying on like this was... funny... suggests to me she at least is one of the Mad. Or perhaps a Seer letting off steam."

He let his words sink in as he leaned back into his seat.
    Campanella|Moros|Mysterium
    Gnosis: 4
    Occult Skill: 3

2. Likes Cayce, , liked this post

Hamia
    Striking Looks
    (Appealing)
    Presence
    (Guarded)
    Hamia

Nimbus:
    Vulgar magic causes Hamia's form to skip and stutter, as if each movement of each limb was recorded at a different time - then spliced back together.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Hamia takes a moment to consider what precisely Lacuna might have left behind. Smile doesn't fade, though, even as she mulls over the ideas. Definitely something important. Maybe something private. She'd have to ask about it later. Without prying eyes and ears.

To Aurora, Hamia offers a sheepish smile. "Yeah. She's the, uh... person I was hoping to meet here." Before showing up. Better late than never, but never late is better... Chock that up to Paths walked. Not everyone has a preternatural sense of time at their disposal. She gives a knowing smile to her compatriot. No blame rests on the hostess - one of them, anyway - for being curious. But then, Hamia isn't exactly an open book.

A confused and, perhaps, intrigued look paints the Acanthus' face as another newcomer enters the sanctum. Hamia waits for the scholarly Samael to make introductions. Not her place. New guy is, well... a haunted fellow. Who offers about as much as she had on her 'grand entrance'. Not to miss a a beat, even if it would seem presumptuous, Hamia waves to the newcomer. "Hello! I'm new here, too." Brown eyes and serious brows consider the unknown factor; the one in the room she knows the least about. If he's smart, he'll answer Samael up front and dispel any uncertainty around his appearance.

Her eyes briefly trace the architecture as they pass, but her attention remains focused on the speakers. Particularly Campanella, when he delves into his private concerns. Hamia sips at her coffee, contemplating what all that might mean. "I don't know what to make of that. Any one of us can be careless." she says, her mouth scrunching up in a thoughtful expression. "But if you're worried it's more than just recklessness, I'd say we should keep an eye open." Something in her own words doesn't sit with her, and she quickly covers for it. "Not that... we ​includes me, or anything. I know I've just basically dropped in on your doorstep."

Time Armor 2E effects (when active): +3 Defense (works against firearms)/+0 Armor

4. Likes Cayce, liked this post
    Bump "Bump" this post
    Presence
    (Taciturn)
    Striking Looks
    (Statuesque)
    Lorna Holmes
    (Around Sleepers)
    Barely there English Accent
    Allies
    (Unions)
    Lacuna

Any mage with the sense for it will note that Lacuna has a Destiny

Nimbus

At first, there is a soft rattling of chains tickles your ears, which increase in volume as the sound of something heavy scraping the floor echos out. The scraping grows louder, and now heavy measured footsteps a company the ominous cacophony...which you realize seems to come from everywhere, no matter the distance.
    Stats

Health:
    Backlash:
    Mana: |
    WP: |
    Armor 1/0
    Defense 2
    Occult 2

Vulgar
    Active Spells: / 6
    Personal Spells:

(Paper Chace) 2eSpace Sight 2suxx,2eMindSight 2suxx,2eSpaceArmor1suxx DEF 5, Read matrices 2suxx, portal 8suxx |1vulgar 1 mana, 1 resistant bashing contagion in effect

(Grubs) 2eSpaceArmor1suxx DEF 5, 2eSpaceSight1suxx,2eMindSight2suxx, Portal 4suxx, Vulgars 1, | 4 Mana
    contagion in effect

+1
    SL
    PRE

Lacuna dosen't frown or scowl or scoff despite her earlier thoughts on Serorties. They were still applicable, but the speakers were probably a part of one. Or the mage version of one, ie. a Cabal. Were they trying poach the new arrivals, or was the population of Sacromento!s wise as small as rumoured?

"Someone said this once, and I don't remember who it was," Lacuna starts awkwardly, volunteering her own words so very unlike herself, "After a victory, tighten your armour."

Sacramento has problems with Seers, liers the lot of them. Comfortable with sewing everyone's eyes shut to the dangers all around them.

Languidly Lacuna blinks, "Yes," she says to the blond, while Hamia's elaborates somewhat.

Steely blues eye the Acanthus and wonder if Hamia's fellows were up to something - as the Talon's Mastery of her Path's Subtle Arcana wasn't...stellar - as another mage wanders in, lead by the older scholarly gentleman.

"I am..also a new arrival." then almost pointedly, "Lacuna. Apostate. Mastigos."

Once everyone's sitchuated Campanella speaks, at length. "How big is Sacramento's problems with...problem elements?" Asking seemed prudent, Hamia might be probe to optimism,lacuna, however, was not.
    Health: | Mana: | Willpower:

6. Likes liked this post
    Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

Active Spells: 1/6
    [Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

A nod and smile were offered to Samael and before she could speak, yet another new face appears.

A free hand was raised in greeting, “Hi! Please, come in. Seems today is the day for new faces.” Says the Shaman, her voice warm. “I’m Aurora. Have a seat and I’d offer you coffee but seems I didn’t plan for so many people, so I hope you’ll accept a rain check.”

Since there was no name yet, she focuses on Campy.

Sipping her coffee, she listens.

This was troubling. And she couldn’t remember the last time something like that had happened.

Blue eyes widen, “Whoa, wait a second. She had nails like claws?!” was this some type of Seer? “It’s too bad they had that up, would have loved to have known what they were talking about.” Cause that might help explain a few things. “Well, the fact that neither is here says a lot. But it’s troubling, especially if they don’t show up here. Though perhaps they were passing through?” she was trying to see this from all angles.

Looking to Hamia, “Glad she showed up then.”

Nodding, “Keeping an eye open sounds like a solid idea. Maybe checking back at that diner as well.” They could go back, if they didn’t spark trouble, why not return.

Eyes move to Lacuna, “How big?” her head bobs, “Depends on which problems. The Seer’s seem to be laying low for whatever the reason. The Clock has stopped working, so we haven’t had to take trips in quite a few months. But the damage they’ve managed to cause is huge. Our numbers have decreased dramatically, just a few days ago it was just three of us, and other things have been altered by whatever they are trying to do. But people doing what was just described, not too typical.”

8. Likes Cayce, liked this post
    Bump "Bump" this post
    V
    Vauban

The fact he was still standing was a good sign in his books. It did not stop him from tensing up a little when he was approached. The introductions did much to put him at ease, especially the tall woman calling herself Lacuna. If someone was freely calling themselves an Apostate, then the odds he had somehow waltzed into an seer hideout were officially slim.

He turned to the scholarly man that approached first and nodded. "Hey. Name's Vauban. I'm with the Council. Uh. Moros." He added. Introductions were something he did not enjoy. "Did I stumble on orientation day?" The fact that so many seemed to be new here just registered with him. Was fate screwing with him?

Of course the snatches of conversation got his attention. Vulgar displays of power? Woman with claws? Seer plots and clocks? "Anything else happen after that? Where did they go?" The newcomer asked with a frown. Most he could extrapolate at least. "There was some Back to the Future thing going on?" That was a thought he did not want to have right now.

Campanella
    Allies (City Hall)
    Allies (Criminal)
    Allies (Culture)
    Allies (Finance)
    Occult Skill
    Campanella
    Campanella
    Campanella's Scenes
    Stats

Clock

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1
    Personal Spells: 3/1

[2R] Analyze Artefact (Deep Scrutiny of Artefacts, Prolonged, 1 scene)
    [4R] Dark Matter (Matter Sight, Prolonged, 1 scene)
    [2R] One Mind, Two Thoughts (Prolonged, 1 scene)

Tangled Threads

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 4
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1
    Personal Spells: 1/3

[4] Aura Perception (Concentration, 1 scene)

[5] Third Eye (Mind Sight, Prolonged, 1 scene)

[2R] Unseen Aegis (Armor, 1 scene)

PRE

Campanella watched as the swell of newcomers drifted in.

"Yes. Claws. Talons. Long nails. I'm sorry I was unable to tell if there was anything substantial to them, or if the woman simply had a fondness for sharp, lacquered, nails. But her hands... And her face... certainly made an impression. She has that type of look; I'm sure you'd all agree with me if you spotted her." He responded to Aurora's question.

To Hamia and Lacuna he nods acknowledging them, however briefly. That they knew of one another, and had intended to meet, certainly catches his interest. For now he sits on his urge to know; that will surely come with time.

Lacuna's question brings the Moros to a pause as he scratches his check contemplatively. "To be rightly honest I don't know. The Seer's never came after us here. And I can't say we have any reliable sources on where they are, in town. I do know one old Cabal actually fought with some and obtained an Artefact. That happened after the Seer's had successfully changed things. Before that there were rumours of scelesti activity... But our most ardent opponent at the time was a sect of Banishers who made the university their domain and were responsible for... False Awakenings of some sort, according to gossip. I don't think they survived the Seer's purge or we'd have heard something by now."

Finally, Vauban.

"Yes. I'm Campanella. Moros of the Mysterium." He paused as he battled his baser instincts. "The Consilium hasn't had a Council presence in quite some time," he at last offered. "Join us, please." He gestured to the available seats. "As for those two Awakened? I don't know. I saw them; they saw me. I extricated myself and left rather than expose myself to danger. If they were Pentacle or allied... I'm sure they would have made their appearance here by now. This Sanctuary is the heart of our consilium."

Had he cut and run? Yes. Was he going to describe it as such? No.
    Campanella|Moros|Mysterium
    Gnosis: 4
    Occult Skill: 3

Presence
    Striking Looks
    (Curvy)
    Sand

Nimbus:
    Tiny sparkling particulates like dust motes are shed to reveal what is below. With vulgar magic, the shedding is more of a scouring and the motes obscure in the frenzy.
    Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar 0
    Active Spells: 1/5
    Personal Spells: 1/2

[3] Supernal Vision (Rit)

+1
    SL
    PRE

Paper cut to amputation. If salt was sprinkled on both wounds would the sting be the same? It was a current topic of debate in the medical industry- not the salt, but how to measure pain accurately.

The Seers were quiet. Had been quiet the entire time of occupation. Aurora no more had to relax than an amputee had to pretend to have a paper cut. The suggestions were accepted with a smile and a nod.

Campanella drew back to more immediate concerns and digging quickly into the backpack, a notebook and mechanical pencil are produced and put to quick use.

Place: Diner (quiet)
    Who: 2 women, 1 man
    A. F, Long dark hair striking*, claw nails, potn’l Mad
    B. F, Older than A, bob cut
    C. M, potn’l sleeper

What: force, fire, vulgar

Pencil spins in fingers even as a look is given to the newer of Sacramento’s mages.

[color=“C2B280”]”Sound familiar?”[/color] After all- the pattern already had a start of some of them already knowing each other.

Pencil spun, [color=“C2B280”]”If they are Seers, they don’t seem to be following the MO of the ones from the Clock-time matter. Those guys... that chick? Whatever... they were sneaky SOB’s right? That’s been our issue after all. No trails, no tracks and apparent patience ... this... well, it’s flashy and obvious and stupid and dangerous. I’m guessing no association.”[/color]

Lacuna = Apostate, mastigos
    Hamia = Acanthus
    Samael
    Vauban = Free Council, Moros

Small pencil marks of words and symbols made in the top corner of the notebook page. 1 or 2 new folks could be recalled easily enough. More would need notes.

Campanella offers a history lesson but it was the cliff notes version so the scratches of lead against paper were similarly cryptic without understanding.

[color=“C2B280”]”Definitely need to be on the look out. Hopefully we are overreacting but,”[/color] acknowledgment of Aurora and Lacuna’s comments, [color=“C2B280”]”Safety should always be first.”[/colors]

*facts only

12. Likes , Deltaomega, liked this post

Epitaph
    Striking Looks
    (Death's Angel)
    Epitaph

Nimbus:
    When Epitaph draws upon the fearsome power of the Tower of Doom, the shadows grow deep and every living being appears to be horrifically rent in an orgy of grotesque murder.

Month Long:
    Death Sight pot 1
    Death Armor 2e pot 1

+1
    SL
    PRE

The massive double doors that lead into the grand cathedral opened once more, admitting a gust of chill winter wind as a dark shape floated inside. Black cloth swirled upon those frozen gusts of air, trailing in the wake of the pale form that strode oh so slowly into the breathtaking monument, all in the name of a corpse nailed upon a tree...

The sound of voices drew the black robed figure onward, each step carrying her sedately forward, even as inhumanly pale eyes roamed among the pendant vaults and intricate weave of stone amongst stone. Even when the black robed figure with skin the color of dead flesh came within sight of the others, her pace did not falter, and she came upon as softly as the wings of death's angel, her expertly painted features serene as her eyes fell upon the gathering of little godlings.

"Greetings," the mysterious figure proclaimed, a pale hand with fierce, lacquered nails protruding in a gesture of peace. "I do not mean to come upon you as the drowned dead after a storm*, though I am merely a pilgrim and I wish to make myself known. I am Epitaph, formerly of Detroit."

The cruel, taloned hand drift up towards the pale figures ear, the fingers undulating before briefly settling into a fist, and then disappearing beneath the robe once more.*

Signs

14. Likes , Yumyumcrow, , Deltaomega liked this post

Hamia
    Striking Looks
    (Appealing)
    Presence
    (Guarded)
    Hamia

Nimbus:
    Vulgar magic causes Hamia's form to skip and stutter, as if each movement of each limb was recorded at a different time - then spliced back together.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Hamia's thoughts turn wistful at Lacuna's admission. 'Apostate'. She has so much potential. For the Arrow. She's like a poster child for a warrior; the strong, silent type who backs it up by being really, really tall. Choosing an affiliation shouldn't be easy, though. As if mulling over everything could be felt or heard, she shoots a half-smile at the aforementioned Apostate.

Aurora's comment snatches Hamia away from wist and whim, anchoring things in the present once more. "I'm glad, too. It's hard being a stranger in a strange land. Helps to have a friend."

But then there's mentions of that clock again. She feels almost obligated to do something about it. Those following other paths can't be expected to master the anomalies of Time. Which, obviously, is the theme and purpose of the clock. Curious, though? Time has been repeatedly altered, yet Fate reveals new allies in the greatest Time of need. Hamia feels more and more like coming here was the right decision... like she can do some real good.

Campanella offloads so much information, Hamia finds herself missing death-by-PowerPoint. It'd keep things ordered, in her head, to see them in writing. In some kind of sequence. Her mind isn't incapable of grasping the ideas - far from it. She just can't help her imagination running amok after each threat and enemy is defined. Her imaginings all share the same theme: how to eliminate the threat. These poor people need her.

And, again, Fate takes center stage. Not one, but two more allies make themselves known. Two drastically different Moros. One - the male - offering dry humor. The other being far more serious. It wouldn't be right to just sit in silence, so she offers her own clipped greetings once more. "Hello, Vauban. Epitaph. I'm called Hamia. Acanthus of the Adamantine Arrow. Fate certainly smiles on us today, doesn't it?"

Sand brings up an interesting point. Granted, about something Hamia's barely formed an opinion on... but interesting none the less. "So... you think those people are something different altogether? A 'new' threat?" That's all the more reason to keep our eyes open. Past successes or not."

Time Armor 2E effects (when active): +3 Defense (works against firearms)/+0 Armor

16. Likes Yumyumcrow, , Cayce liked this post
    Presence
    (Taciturn)
    Striking Looks
    (Statuesque)
    Lorna Holmes
    (Around Sleepers)
    Barely there English Accent
    Allies
    (Unions)
    Lacuna

Any mage with the sense for it will note that Lacuna has a Destiny

Nimbus

At first, there is a soft rattling of chains tickles your ears, which increase in volume as the sound of something heavy scraping the floor echos out. The scraping grows louder, and now heavy measured footsteps a company the ominous cacophony...which you realize seems to come from everywhere, no matter the distance.
    Stats

Health:
    Backlash:
    Mana: |
    WP: |
    Armor 1/0
    Defense 2
    Occult 2

Vulgar
    Active Spells: / 6
    Personal Spells:

(Paper Chace) 2eSpace Sight 2suxx,2eMindSight 2suxx,2eSpaceArmor1suxx DEF 5, Read matrices 2suxx, portal 8suxx |1vulgar 1 mana, 1 resistant bashing contagion in effect

(Grubs) 2eSpaceArmor1suxx DEF 5, 2eSpaceSight1suxx,2eMindSight2suxx, Portal 4suxx, Vulgars 1, | 4 Mana
    contagion in effect

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Clearly none of this was planned, and not all of us know each other's names and...status. You," turning to the curvy blond, writing away in a notebook. "Can you do up a primer for us? Who's who. Everything that Campanella said. Standing here talking and reintroducing and restarting the conversation will get us no where but confused." the tallest women in the room says, surprising Hamia and herself most of all.

Again the conversations interrupted. This time by Misery from that Ruby Gloom show Ab-! Her thoughts halt.

Steely eyes take in Mis-Epitaph and her scything talons. "Where's your friend with the bob-cut?" she asks, releasing her voice into the air once more, again unlike herself, just to push her consciousness away from -
    Health: | Mana: | Willpower:

18. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post
Page 4 of 6 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last
Closed Thread