Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1
    Active Spells: 3/5
    Personal Spells: 3/1

[2R] Analyze Artefact (Deep Scrutiny of Artefacts, Prolonged, 1 scene)
    [4R] Dark Matter (Matter Sight, Prolonged, 1 scene)
    [2R] One Mind, Two Thoughts (Prolonged, 1 scene)

Tangled Threads

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 4
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1
    Personal Spells: 1/3

[4] Aura Perception (Concentration, 1 scene)

[5] Third Eye (Mind Sight, Prolonged, 1 scene)

[2R] Unseen Aegis (Armor, 1 scene)

PRE

And another mage steps forward from the shadows. Apostate? What was it with Apostates all of a sudden? Was this the Seers scheme? Dilute the rump Consilium until it was a localised Nameless Order that could co-opt more easily?

"I am Campanella, of the Mysterium. No use hanging by the door. Come join us."

He may not have managed a smile but he did manage to incline his head by way of acknowledgement. He also shuffled to one side as a physical representation of making space for this... Lacuna. If the Moros had any discomfort at the newcomer's admission of her Apostasy, he did not readily show it.

He turned slightly to Sand.

"Fair enough. We can work out a proper introduction later, then. Personally, I think we've been suitably low key for us not to show up on their radar. Thats my theory, anyway. I can't believe they went through all of that time war in order to simply rid the city of a stronger Pentacle presence."

To the group as a whole:

"How about we convene in the chapel at the end of the nave? The impressive one with the fan vaulting? There are seats and we can discuss what you wish there."

Campanella remembered that chapel had been reserved for an Assembly. Once upon a time. With no Libertine presence and only himself and Aurora to remember it, would anyone care if he started promoting that area as the council chamber? Sand was right - time for them to start acting like a Consilium again.

Even if they were to only be a paper tiger; for a paper tiger was still a tiger.
    Campanella|Moros|Mysterium
    Gnosis: 4
    Occult Skill: 3

2. Likes Cayce liked this post
    Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

Active Spells: 1/6
    [Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

A smile was offered to Sand, “Hey, no worries. I totally get it and to be honest, I kind of disappeared a bit too. Went to my loft to clear my head, so I get it.” She understood what Sand was saying. “Though maybe now we need to do something as a group, a barbecue or something, you know, bring us all together again.” They had been fractured when Tuesday left, it was time to fix those fractures.

“That’s a good point, they have been quiet. Though there is a little part in the back of my head that says we can’t lower our guards. That they’re planning something.” A shrug, she would be paranoid until the Seer’s were eliminated.

She then nods, “I get what you’re saying though. Maybe focusing on something else would be good.” There was more than just the Seer threat.

And then…another new face! Did a memo go out and she missed it?!

A hand was raised in a wave, a smile on her lips, “Hi Lacuna, welcome.” Greets the blonde to the rather statuesque woman. “I’m Aurora, come on in.” might as well deal with the new people all at once.

“Sounds like a good idea.” She says to Campy.

“Though I still think we should have a lunch or dinner, a barbecue or something. You know, laid back and just get to know each other over amazing food.”

4. Likes liked this post

Hamia
    Striking Looks
    (Appealing)
    Presence
    (Guarded)
    Hamia

Nimbus:
    Vulgar magic causes Hamia's form to skip and stutter, as if each movement of each limb was recorded at a different time - then spliced back together.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Vital? Sure. In her case, the most literal application applies. "That's one word for it." she says, taking a moment to hide behind a sip of her coffee. Hamia follows Samael's indications with her gaze, nodding as he stops on her. So many different powers and influences, despite how small their numbers are.

Serious brows furrow and Hamia's head spins at the mention of a new player. Sand. Another cute blonde. This group is lousy with them. But what the Moros mentions next draws her attentions back to the forefront.

"I'm talented, but only to a point. If your last Acanthus couldn't make sense of a time..." she grimaces, like the word she's come up with leaves a foulness on her tongue. "anomaly... I don't think I'll be the one to figure it out. But I'm sorry for your loss."

The comment on coffee draws a smile out of her, but her body language doesn't change much.Especially not when the impromptu barista disagrees with her companion. "If not quiet, what would you call it?" she asks Aurora, looking between her and Campanella.

And then... a clock? Hamia's eyes find it. So does her curiosity. If it could take them backwards through time, wouldn't almost anything be possible?

Hamia listens in on Sand's side of the story, piecing together important details to recall later. Her attitude is what rings the loudest, though. Through failures and loss and setbacks, she clings to hope. This is... good. Hamia could use some hope.

When 'she' finally arrives in the sanctum, Hamia visibly sighs. She told herself she'd be fine, when she walked through the door alone. But a familiar face finally puts the Acanthus at ease. In spite of herself, one hand frees from her coffee cup long enough to give an energetic little wave to Lacuna. The imposing Apostate is one of the few people Hamia has met that have even less to say than her. It's why she's fond of her: they didn't have to talk all the time to feel comfortable.

"Sure." She sometimes forgets civilians get tired of standing. Plus, really, if her hosts want to move to a different room of the 'house', who is she to disagree.

Hamia starts off towards where she thinks the chamber might be, only to slow her pace and glance over her shoulder. Right. She hasn't been here before. Which would make her leading the way for the rest of them feel a bit awkward. She doesn't lead the charge, but she does swing by Lacuna and quietly mutter "I was worried you weren't coming. How was your flight?" Her smile appears again and she drums her fingers on her coffee cup.

Time Armor 2E effects (when active): +3 Defense (works against firearms)/+0 Armor

6. Likes Cayce, liked this post
    S
    Samael

Again, his awareness registered another sentient being entering. "Welcome to Consilium, Lacuna," the Warlock greeted her. "Seems we're experiencing fortunate timing. A resurgence of Awakened." He smiled warmly at the group, "We just might be able to get back on our feet after all."

Samael held onto hope with caution. It was still too early to tell, yet, the situation appeared promising.

Aurora's mention of a group meal sparked his interests. "I like that plan," speaking to the Thyrsus. "A good old barbecue would be a wonderful way to spend a Saturday." Rather than put it up a vote, and debate, "Let's run with that. I'll do the hard part - man the grill."

It was a job few liked to do anyway.

Campanella
    Allies (City Hall)
    Allies (Criminal)
    Allies (Culture)
    Allies (Finance)
    Occult Skill
    Campanella
    Campanella
    Campanella's Scenes
    Stats

Clock

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1
    Personal Spells: 3/1

[2R] Analyze Artefact (Deep Scrutiny of Artefacts, Prolonged, 1 scene)
    [4R] Dark Matter (Matter Sight, Prolonged, 1 scene)
    [2R] One Mind, Two Thoughts (Prolonged, 1 scene)

Tangled Threads

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 4
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1
    Personal Spells: 1/3

[4] Aura Perception (Concentration, 1 scene)

[5] Third Eye (Mind Sight, Prolonged, 1 scene)

[2R] Unseen Aegis (Armor, 1 scene)

PRE

Campanella ambles slowly toward the replica Henry VII chapel with its gorgeous fan vaulting, its banners hanging stiffly above their heads, and its banks of seats; seats that were meant for the choir but could pass in a moment for something close to a political chamber should the need ever arise.

"Well. If you want to arrange something, I can offer my apartment. The balcony is big enough to accomodate us and there would definitely be privacy. Unless you wanted me to rent out a picnic spot - say in Granite Park or out at Folsom Lake. I'd wager the views would be quite picaresque come the summer."

He finds a seat and takes it, perched in a position high in the registers where he can look out across the chapel.

"I do have some news that I should relate. I've had an encounter with two individuals whom I think are... trouble."
    Campanella|Moros|Mysterium
    Gnosis: 4
    Occult Skill: 3

9. Likes Cayce, liked this post
    Presence
    (Taciturn)
    Striking Looks
    (Statuesque)
    Lorna Holmes
    (Around Sleepers)
    Barely there English Accent
    Allies
    (Unions)
    Lacuna

Any mage with the sense for it will note that Lacuna has a Destiny

Nimbus

At first, there is a soft rattling of chains tickles your ears, which increase in volume as the sound of something heavy scraping the floor echos out. The scraping grows louder, and now heavy measured footsteps a company the ominous cacophony...which you realize seems to come from everywhere, no matter the distance.
    Stats

Health:
    Backlash:
    Mana: |
    WP: |
    Armor 1/0
    Defense 2
    Occult 2

Vulgar
    Active Spells: / 6
    Personal Spells:

(Paper Chace) 2eSpace Sight 2suxx,2eMindSight 2suxx,2eSpaceArmor1suxx DEF 5, Read matrices 2suxx, portal 8suxx |1vulgar 1 mana, 1 resistant bashing contagion in effect

(Grubs) 2eSpaceArmor1suxx DEF 5, 2eSpaceSight1suxx,2eMindSight2suxx, Portal 4suxx, Vulgars 1, | 4 Mana
    contagion in effect

+1
    SL
    PRE

Silently Lacuna follows the gathered through the spacious space, light shining through the many windows illuminating and enhancing the atmosphere. Or at leads the background, if not the actors on the stage.

...they seem. Friendly. Lacuna dosen't know what to feel about 'friendly'.

Hamia will have to fill her in on what she she missed due to her late arrival. Like names.

Out of the corner of her mouth to the solider. "Flight was fine. Forgot something. So I had to go back." which the Acanthus would understand, but no one here would. They'd accepted a name and a word of Apostacy, asking not of her Path.

Brows climb as she hears they're trying to set up a barbecue...

...what.

No seriously what?

She thought this was a informal Consillium meeting, not a fucking Sorority.

Once the-Campenella sits, he addresses the room. "What stands out? Why do you think they're trouble?" she asks in rapid succession.
    Health: | Mana: | Willpower:

11. Likes , Yumyumcrow liked this post
    Presence
    Striking Looks
    (Curvy)
    Sand

Nimbus:
    Tiny sparkling particulates like dust motes are shed to reveal what is below. With vulgar magic, the shedding is more of a scouring and the motes obscure in the frenzy.
    Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar 0
    Active Spells: 1/5
    Personal Spells: 1/2

[3] Supernal Vision (Rit)

+1
    SL
    PRE

+Lacuna - Apostate
    Hamia = Acanthus

Facts added. Remaining ones would need to be compiled though now apparently wasn't the time. A nod given in welcome even as the group migration to the chapel begins.

Migration.

In the Monarch butterfly migration no individual butterfly completes the entire round trip. Perhaps this small Sacramento Mage Migration might not be as deadly but perhaps the same result would come about. A new Consillium.

"I'm down for a barbecue. Round up some drinks and sides and if the weather is nice enough maybe some games. Tabletop if we do it at the apartment. Lawn if elsewhere?"

Seat is snagged as excitement for a BBQ fades due to Campanella's words. Time 4 serious. "You've got my attention..." said in request for more facts.

Not the only one as Lacuna asks more directly.

13. Likes Cayce, , Orianna, liked this post
    Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

Active Spells: 1/6
    [Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

She didn’t want to dwell on Tuesday leaving. It was obvious to her that the unicorn felt it was time to move elsewhere. Either by something with her magic, or something in her heart.

“Maybe you can’t, but a fresh set of eyes never hurts.” She says with some encouragement.

How to best answer?

A single shoulder raises in a shrug, “Perhaps the lull before the storm. I highly doubt the Seer’s are backing off and giving us a chance to reform. It just doesn’t sound right to me and I can’t really explain it. Before it was attack after attack and it seemed like every other days we were popping back in time. To have it suddenly stop, it just doesn’t sit right with me. But hell, maybe I’m just wound up and unable to relax about it. I don’t know.” They had fucked with her and the Circle far too much for her to just lower her guard.

The energetic wave was noticed, it hadn’t been done earlier. “You two know each other?” she asks, curious.

Following Campy, she finds a seat and sits.

“A resurgence of Awakened works for me. I’d love to see the Consilium full like it was a couple years ago.” Sure, there had been issues and infighting, but they had numbers.

Smirking to Samael, “I can share the grill responsibilities I suppose. I should have a fresh batch of beer ready for when we have it too.” A nice light ale, perfect for spring and summer.

Blue eyes widen at Campy, did he just offer his apartment?! She’d never seen his apartment, and was genuinely curious about it. “Part of me wants to vote for your apartment,” purely her being curious, really. “But with the weather warming up, doing something out by the lake sounds amazing!” she was beginning to love the outdoors more and more lately.

An eyebrow was raised, “Really?” concern in her voice, “Please share.” They didn’t need trouble right now.

Looking to Sand, “Could also do table top if we have a picnic table.” She offers.

15. Likes liked this post
    V
    Vauban

4 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2018-03-18 22:48:46 Vauban rolls 9 to Dark Matter (Intelligence+Science+Matter+Rote Spec) (10 Again) 7, 7, 7, 8, 10, 4, 4, 10, 6, 9, 5 4 successes

It was strange being back in this city. The sights and sounds of the people and buildings did seem familiar to him. That said, he was pretty sure he would have remembered a replica of Westminister Church sitting in the middle of Sacramento. The fact it was not swarming with tourists was another tip off that this might be the place he was looking for.

The man carefully pushed the door open and peered inside. He had only the Sight to alert him to something going wrong and only the densest manifestations of magic would be obvious. Still, better than nothing and not the sort of thing that would attract undue attention like shields.

He entered the main foyer and found it empty. "Um...Hello?" He called out. The Libertine could have sworn he heard voices in the distance.

S
    Samael

"I will lend you assistance," he said to Campanella, following the Thyrsus and the Moros on foot.

Then to Aurora, "Thank you so much." The man smiled warmly. "We can take turns as chefs and servers." The Thearch regarded the Voice of the Dragon's principles. Leadership required service, no matter how mundane and menial. It was always the lazy king whose reign was always most ineffective.

The moment he walked in, before the newcomer announced himself, the Mastigos blinked. Yet another sentient consciousness was entering Consilium. Goodness, what is it today? Have we no locks? His partitioned mind wondered. I have to invest in a Ban once I get time and talented enough.

"We have another guest," the Warlock arose from his seat. Then the call into the unknown, the signal in which all horror movies ended the scene poorly. "Pardon me a moment."

The man with the receding hairline arrived to greet the newcomer. "Hello and welcome. May I have your name and membership, please?" Just in the off-chance this was a random walk-in off the street. Entirely feasible given the serendipity.

Page 3 of 6 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last
Closed Thread