Ended
Watch
41 - 50
DISPLAYED
Winter Masquerade

Page 5 of 7 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Last
    V
    Verne

Taking leave of the fair host, the clockwork veteran approached a table laden with various morsels, cautiously. Quietly. Trying to remain unobtrusive as possible in his search for... what was it? "Cheese," he reminded himself softly, stepping up to the artistically laid spread. "Swiss."

The glittered confections reminded him of something... something important. He almost had it. He winced in frustration at the recollection just out of reach. With a sigh, he refocused on the food before him. It reminded him of a battle table. Various foodstuffs relating to various forces with an ornate punch bowl as some common point of contention.

Verne smirked at the thought. While playing with one's food was in apropos, what about going to War with it. As he watched the menacing cupcakes intimidated some nearby petit fours... (Where those petit fours? How did he know that?) ...a slender, graceful hand reached for a cookie, no doubt saving it for certain doom.

But no. Alas. It just traded one demise for another.

Verne looked away from the Battle Banquet and the latest victim of attrition. There'd be no patching up that delicious soldier. Poor morsel? Poor More-soul?

His gears stuttered.

In a vain attempt at courtesy, he gave a polite nod to the other guests nearby. In an awkward attempt at fitting in, he abruptly rescued a random food stuff from the silent battle table-side. He would interrogate the squishy, glittery confection later. Surely it's sweet secrets would be most scrumptious.

Verne glance down at the mishandled cupcake with a sigh. It didn't resemble any cheese he could recall. Unless sparkly creamed cheese was a thing? He suspected it wasn't remotely Swiss. One could depend on the Swiss for more practical bake-goods.

He smiled awkwardly as if he'd meant to snatch the glittery in such a cumbersome manner. He nodded again to several of the other costumed guests he hadn't met as yet and didn't seem otherwise engaged in conversation.

"Good Evening. I'm Verne. Just... Verne,"
    he forced a smile, gears stuttering yet again. Had he need any other name that that? Considering the origin of this present appellation, it seemed natural to add with a dismissive sigh, "No relation."

Striking Looks 2 "Ethereal"
    Retainer
    (Angus (ensorcelled mortal))
    Ingrid
    Ingrid

Mein

Very much like her Mask. However, her skin takes on a more reflective, rubbery texture and she appears... thinner... with limbs that are slightly too long and thin for her general proportions. There is also faint traces of webbing between her fingers and toes.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Ingrid watched quietly as Verne approached.

"Well hello. Nice suit!" The Darkling purred, her mouth flashing a smile from under the gauze of her fascinator-mask. "Mmm. Swiss cheese. I think there is some here. Not much though. But enough for you, surely?"

She shuffled on her feet.

"This is Verne. He's an Onyx like John over there. Welcome!" Her words sounded like they were meant for all but from the position of her face it would seem she was directing her comments to Sasha Selena . The Onyx Queen was as exquisite as a statue - or an idol - in her rich costume.
    Darkling: Palewraith |Spring Mantle 3 (Heady scent of plums)
    WYRD 3| Health: 7| Willpower: 5 | Glamour: 7| Striking Looks 2: "Ethereal"

Seraphina
    Presence
    (Magnetic)
    Striking Looks
    (Enthralling)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Angelic)
    New Identity
    (Sarah Jones)
    Mantle (Spring)
    (In Mini Sheet)
    Seraphina

Mien

Softly shimmering gold flakes catch the light whenever she moves, delicate gilded gold and diamond scales extenuate the rare greenish blue color of her aquamarine eyes. In the right light, or when her mood changes, her eyes seem to illuminate from within, it’s a very gentle glow. This is the ocean lives in Sera's eyes. The scales trail up to her temples and forehead. Her hair reaches down her back, brushing the ground, spun silver and emerald. Perfectly placed tiny pearls can be seen woven throughout her hair. Very fine diamond dust falls loose from her hair when she moves, reflecting rainbows from the light. The scales on her hands are dulled by the simple fact that her hands are translucent. There is an iridescent scale like skin that pulls delicately up from her ears. The membrane shimmers and has three curly points.
    Seraphina

Fairest

Nix/Treasured
    Mantle

Cherry blossoms gilded in gold bloom from her hair, tumbling down as a warm rejuvenating spring breeze gently kisses the air with the scent of freshly cut grass. The sound of birds singing can be heard as the wildflowers grow and bloom in vibrant colors where she walks, swaying and lively in the breeze.
    Sera's hands and lower legs are translucent while the rest of her has cracks
    Seraphina

Mask
    A fairly tall woman, roughly 5'11 with long, wavy dark brown hair. Her eyes are an intense, deep bright blue, reminding one of sapphires. Her lips are full and her skin is flawless. With that perfection comes a body that men fawn and drool over, and women envy.

Health Tracker

Haunted House
    Items

Hedgespun Items

Tear dropped shaped pendant, form fitted waterfall jacket

Misc.

-3 to any rolls involving Presence
    Seraphina Scenes

Dreaming, -1 WP to analyze, WP to hold Dream together, Dreamscape
      -1 Glamour into Wyrdstone

+2
    SL
    +2
    DV
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••••
    Treasured Nix

A grateful smile was offered to Mhairi, “Thank you! Um, I can get you the designer later, it’s kind of hard to check the tag.” Which was very well hidden. As was most of the seams of the dress.

And how was it being held in place?! A girl will never tell.

“I don’t think it’s a huge name brand designer, because I wouldn’t have been able to afford it if it was.” She adds with a light musical laugh.

And then John seemed to have stumbled. But it was ok because it was actually quite funny. And the laugh coming from the Nix was genuine. She gave his arm a gentle squeeze in support, he had this.

“I’ll have to remember that if I ever join the ranks of the regal.” She wasn’t a Queen, that title was Ingrids. So could she look regal? Was that achievable without holding the title? She wasn’t sure.

And then the howl.

Her cheeks flushed slightly, she normally didn’t mind attention. But this seemed a bit much over a simple dress.

“Wow, seems I’ve set the bar high for myself. Not sure I will be able to top this dress at our next party.” It didn’t mean she wouldn’t try, but it would have to be a different style. Too many dresses like this one would be too much.

She wasn’t surprised Circe took what John said as a joke. The elf seemed to have a great sense of humor. Which was always a good thing.

Looking to Quick, “This is an amazing party Quick, you’re really setting the bar high for the other Seasons.” She says with an easy smile.

Then the other new guy.

Verne.

Smiling at him, “Welcome to the Freehold Verne. I love your costume!” greets the Nix.
    Treasured/Nix Wyrd●●●●

S
    Sasha

Wyoming was a rare place to have someone leave. Larger cities were understandable, chaos could ensue at any given moment. But, that state seemed much like Montana, North Dakota or Utah, not much happened. Until now that this new person arrived.

But someone who was Ensorcelled didn't seem to be a threat, which was very curious. The Fairest made a circular pattern on her wrist. It would indicate to John, was it urgent. It had been a while since anyone had spoke code to her, but she was fluent in Winter's gifts.

"Wonderful that you met another Monarch in town to assist you." If there was an innuendo, the Dancer didn't seem phased. Sasha generally had issues with that sort of thing. She didn't quite understand why the Darkling was apologizing, but thankfully her face was covered to the confusion.

"Oh... what Circe said, no need to apologize, John." She half chuckled while speaking.

Thankfully, another new person joined before it got really awkward. Ingrid didn't need to explain what court he was, she sensed it when the Wizened arrived. It would be soon time for a meeting, there were now four of them and it would be a necessity. "Pleased to meet you Verne. Are you enjoying yourself so far?"

It was tempting at that point to take off her mask, but that would have defeated the purpose of the evening. Besides, it would be a future surprise for the new new gentlemen who came to town.

Presence
    (Quiet Confidence)
    Striking Looks
    (Mesmerizing Eyes)
    Autumn's Regalia
    (Autumn Mantle)
    Fashion
    (Contacts, Status)
    Mhairi Ankaa

Mask

A slim girl, with raven black hair and grey-blue eyes. She likes wearing silver nail polish.
    Mien

Her skin; like moonlight captured. Quicksilver drips from her fingers, burning up before it lands. Motes of fell fire escape her eyes. In her hair, a galaxy, forming constellations which mimic the sky, changing with the Seasons.
    Mantle

Fear made manifest, Autumn's Regalia embraces the Wisp, as if she is Dread's most blessed daughter.
    Pledges & Other Things

Pledges

Autumn Queen Oath

Plot Stats

Fairy Floss
    Defense: 3 +1
    Heath: Willpower
    Glamour:

House Call
    Defense: 3 +1
    Heath: Willpower
    Glamour:
    HS Choker+1 Defense, -1g. Sparation3 -1g

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••
    Ask-wee-da-eed Telluric

Mhairi laughs and blushes under the paint and mask. "Maybe do, but uh-!" she blushes harder when Circe yells.

The Brown Otter snorts and giggles at the puns. Shaking her head even as she appreciated the build up and delivery.

Then Quick! Mhairi laughs again, this time snorting as she takes a dip of her drink, she chokes for a member but rights herself and shakes her head once again, gloved hand to her painted face to hide her smile. That was a horrible joke. But holy cow, it was funny!

"I think." once she's sure she's out of giggles, "That at our next party, we could do a cheese table. Like with all sorts and kinds. I know there's this habanero cheddar that I absolutely adore. I'd be a happy camper if that was the only thing in offer."

A nod as Sera speaks, "Even if everyone I think would love to see you try and get to the tag now." she teases, bright smile on her face.
    Currently Just a Simple Shade Shard~

6. Likes Origins liked this post
    Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Merit-Striking Looks (exotic)
    Mein:

Her skin turns a slate-blue and her hair bone white. The whites of her eyes are blood red, the irises are purple with cat-slit black pupils. The helix of her ears elongate out 2" inches ending in a tip. Her features sharpen and her figure has an unnatural, inhuman litheness that can be intellectually disturbing.
    Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

Her skin brings to mind Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, or Asian races, though her high cheek bones and sharp facial structure don't match. Most assume she is of mixed ancestry given the pale blonde hair. Alias Mary Maniscalo.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Circe smirked with a amused snort from the man in the dapper blue shirt played along with the joke. And the adorable Brown Otter is laughing too. The Purple Lady gives a toothy smile at her success. "Careful Miss Otter," she warns Mhairi as she snorts the drink, "it's supposed ta be milk going up the nose from laughing. Not expensive drinks."

"Top ah the mornin to ya Verne," the Summer Queen was still grinning as she followed up Sasha's greeting to the newcomer. The man was still tough to recognize, "Nice hat. I'm enjoyin' this night myself. Hope ya are doin' the same man. Ya certainly got the best hat here." She felt like suggesting he keep wearing the hat.

But Circe got distracted by something else. Elf Queen using howl on the Scaled Nyx was super effective. "Win. If ya can't top it Sera don't worry. Be happy. Or at least don't go all," the blonde laughed, "Gaga about tryin' ta show yer last dress up. Ha ha," she shook her head with a loud sigh, "Sometimes I wonder if the mundies aren't weirder then us."

Then a naughty smile crossed her lips and her voice matched, "Oooh if the tag is that hard ta find Sera, we can help! Plenty of volunteers here for that, right?" she looks around at everyone present. Her tone then shifted to jovial, "Who's gonna step up first? I'd do it but I didn't bring a smartphone ta help me search for the dress," elf giggles as her track switched from naughty to normal mischief.
    Fairest: Larcenist | WYRD 2| Mantle: Dry Desert Heat |Health: 8 | Willpower: 5 | Glamour: 7

J
    John Doe

He blushed brighter under his face mask, "Quite a lively bunch, huh?" as attention was heaped upon them, he clung just a bit closer to Sera. The proximity and physical bodily warmth provided relief from the revelry.

Circe challenging him to laser tag resulted in a laugh, "Okay, you're on then. Pew pew!" His free hand mocking a pistol firing.

Then to Sasha, "Thanks, I appreciate it," A flat, horizontal wave twitch of his hand to the Onyx Queen - not urgent.

Circe's distraction was an opportunity for John to sneak a word to Verne , "Got any news, brother?"

V
    Verne

The ethereal Spring Tagger decked in black and white seemed to be introducing fellow faceless Winter John and him to the Pirate Queen noted earlier.

(The Spring Tagger. She who found us. Ingrid? Dances to her own rhythm. Or counter-rhythm.)

She was exquisite in her fashion and had the aura of nobility. At closer inspection, her costume was quite extraordinary befitting a Monarch. Verne found himself intimidated by the Mystery Matriarch and couldn't help but wonder why. He tried to show some manner of proper deference even though he was unsure what that was.

(Possibly Winter. Possibly Monarch. Notable presence. Very Possibly Dangerous.)

The enchantress bedecked in silvery snowflakes suspended in a diaphanous gauze was discussing with her peers the designer of the remarkable dress and a tag? What was all this talk about tags and what was the connection between lasers and dresses? Verne had learned enough to know lasers functioned by the concentration and polarization of light. Were they used in the construction of the curious gown? Fascinating.

(Alluring. Most Probable Monarch. NOT Winter! Most Definitely Dangerous)

The Pirate Queen addressed Verne companionably asking if he was enjoying himself, to which he nodded curtly. Respectfully. He hoped. He hadn't caught a name if one had been offered and it seem counter-intuitive to ask with all the trouble several had gone to masking themselves. Especially this Dark Lady.

The Brown Otter Woman with the haunting black eyes snorted with laughter while mentioning future cheese trays.

(Delightful laugh. Disturbing eyes. Artifice or affliction? Improbable Monarch.)

A familiar voice, the exotic lass dresses in a flattering purple teased her. It seemed like teasing to him at any rate. He'd seen the Plum Princess being toasted by young Master Quick earlier. Or 'MISTER' Quick, rather.

She (Circe wasn't it?) greeted him with inquiry regarding his hat and suggested it was the Best in Show. Verne wondered if she had seen fellow Winter John's hat as yet or she was just being overly kind. Personally he thought the Dark Lady's head piece had seized the day. Still, he demurred with a polite nod which he wasn't quite sure the lively lass in plum noted.

(The exotic Woman with the Car. Declared Summer. Circe? Holds her own with the Pirate Queen and the Snowflake Enchantress. And John on her couch.)

Faceless John had spoke about them all being a lively bunch, to which Verne offered an agreeable nod. He suspected the fellow Winter of flirting with the Pirate Queen or perhaps communicating something discretely or possible both. When John asked his Winter's Brother for news he was drawn from his silence. "We are beset on all sides by beautiful, remarkable women. Even our male host is fair in his youthful fashion. I suspect we are past our depths, brother. I, at least."

"But fear not," Verne gestured with his hand still partly buried in a glittery cupcake. "They've cheese. Swiss even. And what ever this is," he frowned down at the mauled confection gripped too firmly. "...or was."

Striking Looks
    (Boyish Charm)
    Presence
    (Restless)
    Winter Mantle
    (Hush of snowfall, stray flurries)
    Dexterity
    (Lithe)
    Quick
    Mien

Quick is crowned with an ostentatious arc of hair that resembles a jagged bolt of lightning. He is very lithe and slightly taller than his Mask appears. His skin is a very pale shade of teal, and is covered in tiny filaments like cracks which glow an orange-red. The tips of his fingers and toes come to points, and his shoulders have hard, jagged projections growing from them.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Verne seems to be hitting it off well enough, and Quick smiles. Last Winter he didn't even have a permanent home, let alone a Season to draw meaning from. And now? It's the biggest group in the Freehold. Crazy.

Quick's eyes widen behind his shiny mask when he hears Mhairi choke a little, but the smile returns when it's clear she's OK. He laughs again.

"Thanks, Sera. I got the idea for the glitter-sprinkles from you."
    he says with a wink. "Really like that stuff. Treats are even better when they look good." Like pretty much everything.

His eyes return to the other newcomer. The one all the ladies seemed to be paying attention to. He'd have to tear him away, somehow. To, you know, find out about him. The Elemental quietly sips his wine and listens to the conversations surrounding this John guy.

Quick gives a mock bow when Verne recognizes how good he looks acknowledges him. Piggybacking off the Winter-to-Winter banter, he adds "Kinda like it that way. No one has to be the ugly kid." Though he has no idea how John even looks. Verne's costume does a pretty good job of hiding all that, too. Then, specifically to John Doe . "Got a minute? New faces are like... celebrities. Love to chat. If the ladies will let me. And all that."
    Elemental: Levinquick
    Wyrd ● | Health | Glamour | Willpower

Striking Looks 2 "Ethereal"
    Retainer
    (Angus (ensorcelled mortal))
    Ingrid
    Ingrid

Mein

Very much like her Mask. However, her skin takes on a more reflective, rubbery texture and she appears... thinner... with limbs that are slightly too long and thin for her general proportions. There is also faint traces of webbing between her fingers and toes.

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Oh by all means, Quick!" Ingrid chuckles. "Circe and myself had a right old chat with these fine fellows a few nights back. Glad you both found the Blue Note. And my offers still stand. Lodging and work can both be found should you desire it."

She may have spoken off-handedly but the vernal sovereign most definitely - and most deftly - crafted her last words. Desire it.

"I didn't bring my phone either. I thought this was a formal occasion. Don't want that grotty outside world intruding on our little festivities." Ingrid was coy, the effect ruined when she discovered that someone had emptied her plate.

The Darkling was still pouting when she looked across the largely empty room. Theirs truly was a small freehold: the whole assemblage of Lost fitted around the table. A sigh escaped her lips.

"Is this Formal a part of your Court rituals or a more recent invention?" Ingrid was not one to dwell. She turned her attention on the Onyx Queen. Sasha Selena
    Darkling: Palewraith |Spring Mantle 3 (Heady scent of plums)
    WYRD 3| Health: 7| Willpower: 5 | Glamour: 7| Striking Looks 2: "Ethereal"

Page 5 of 7 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Last
Closed Thread