Watch

New roads to somewhere

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 4 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last

Chris Laurent

Irakka Blood Talon

PRE

A grin grows as Viola shifts as well. This could be way too much fun. That it could end up being too much fun doesn't occur to Chris.

"Sounds like a plan. Gotta have a few fountains to hold somewhere." The Irraka says softly as he watches the guy just look at the group. "He's enjoying the view it seems." Good thing this is all public. Or maybe not. It'd be nice to actually do something for the first time in weeks.

Resisted
    Date Action Roll Result
    2018-02-10 20:15:13 Chris rolls 3 to Stare down over names (Res2+Pu1=3) (10 Again) 3, 8, 10, 3 2 successes
    Irraka Blood Talon:

O
    Odie

The spirits weren't as cooperative as usual. Normally they gave with the names fairly readily. Unless...

Odie was almost pals with the Knowledge spirits, or so he'd liked to think. Wolves were always harder to read but that stray scent was lost to him now with his shirt stinking sweetly of caramel and caffeine. He was always shit with the furry stuff.

Uh oh!

Miss Sunshine was giving him the evil eye. He looked around quickly, hoping it was someone else that had pissed her off. No wonder the Knowledge Spirits hadn't given her up. Probably too scared to get on her bad side.

When Odie looked back, he noted the Officer giving him a glance as well. Gig was up. He grinned at his own lack of stealth.

The spirits had given him Hardt's name as well as Homeless Hector's, but precious little else. Still the fact that he got Hardt's title as well as his name meant something about the guy. Either the way he saw himself or maybe the way the spirits saw him. Odie couldn't begin to guess.

The other guy went nameless as well. Probably because Homeless Hector was drawing all their attention. There was just something about the Old Street Rat.

With a sigh, he whispered a hopeful prayer to Mama Moon and crossed the street, clumsily dodging traffic. If nothing else he might persuade Officer Tristan Hardt to leave Happy Hector alone. Odie smirked as he made plans to keep as far away from Miss Sunshine as possible. Usually a girl had to know him pretty well to look at him like that. Usually that girl was one of his sisters. His left eye, freshly healed, twitched with the memory of sibling affections.

As he approached the other side, Odie had to chuckle to himself in chagrin. Hardt was probably going to give him a ticket for Jaywalking. At least that might take the heat off poor old Hector.

Presence
    (Unimpressed)
    Viola Jones

Rahu
    Hunter in the Darkness
    Purity ●● | Cunning ●

PRE

Fucker steps up, looping gait dodging traffic smelling like that fucking over priced over sugared coffee.

"Who. The. Fuck. Are. You?" exaggerated in her enunciation, violence a promise in her tone. The intensity of her dead-reaper gaze, penitraites the mien of this....loser.

Date Action Roll Result
    2018-02-11 19:28:44 Viola Jones rolls 6 to Glare (Pres 3 + Intimidation 2 + spec 1) (10 Again) 6, 2, 9, 9, 1, 6 2 successes
    Meninna Rahu | Primal Urge ●● | Heath: | Willpower: | Essence:

Chris Laurent

Irakka Blood Talon

PRE

An eyebrow raises as the guy crosses traffic with a death wish. Even if he is a wolf cars will still win. Ballsy.

"Ahhh... what she said." No sense trying to make friends after Viola lets rip with the verbal bullets. Chris follows it up with a shrug of his shoulders, that lets him slide his hands out of his coat. That has to be a terrifying McDonalds to go to.
    Irraka Blood Talon:

5. Likes liked this post
    Presence
    (Intense)
    Danger Sense
    Fleet of Foot
    Hector
    Hector's Scenes
    Hector's Stuff

PRE

"Well hello... Friend!"

Hector beamed. How can you bestow upon someone a beatific smile. Exactly how the raggedy man could make a welcoming grin of epic proportions so predatory would no doubt fill many psychologist's dissertations. It was a broad grin, full of enthusiasm and happiness at a new acquaintance. It also showed his eye teeth horribly as his lips peeled back from his gums.

Hector extended a hand. Rather too hurriedly for comfort.

Date Action Roll Result
    2018-02-13 02:14:39 Hector to be... crazy ass rolls 7 to Presence + Intimidation (10 Again) 6, 4, 7, 4, 6, 5, 8 1 success

He also advanced on the newcomer, shuffling quickly forward with his grasping hand flexing hungrily. To one of the Herd the sudden invasion of space would be down right terrifying, offensive, or an implicit challenge. It was probably moreso to one of the People, unless they detected the raggedy man's incessant sniffing and realised what he was doing.

Date Action Roll Result
    2018-02-13 02:16:09 Hector to have his wits about him rolls 5 to Wits + Occult (10 Again) 8, 2, 2, 4, 2 1 success

If anything, once Hector clocked what Odie was, his grin got even bigger (if that were possible) and his eyebrows lifted.

"Someone we should get to know. Probably." the Cahalith continued without pausing.

The grin had not changed. Yet.

For my life I can't remember if Wolves need to roll to recognise each other. So I panicked and made a roll. Fortunately its a success. So we're good.
    Iron Master <<Farsil Luhal>> Cahalith

Primal Urge: ●●●

7. Likes , Kelreth liked this post

Presence
    (Authoritative)
    Auspice Blessing
    Sworn Officer
    Status
    (Emergency Services)
    Tristan Hardt

PRE

The hell is this guy doing? Lucky the damn fool didn't cause a car accident. It doesn't take 'princess' long to dish out her own form of welcome - and he can hardly blame her. Hell, he's happy someone's taken the initiative. It'd mean less work for him. Even Hector's gotten in the guy's face. And, from the look of Hector's grin, Tristan's glad not to be on the receiving end.

"That right?"
    he asks, arching a brow at Hector. Then, back to the stranger. The... newer stranger. "Guessing you've never heard of a crosswalk? Believe me; if you'd caused an accident and left me with paperwork to fill out? While I'm off-duty!?" The annoyance in his voice is as plain as the frown on his face. ​"I take it, though, that you've got a reason for interrupting our conversation?
    Bone Shadow Elodoth | Primal Urge ● | Health | Essence | Willpower

O
    Odie

"Who. The. Fuck. Are. You?" bit out a particularly angry lady in a lethally dramatic fashion as Odie stepped over.

2 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2018-02-11 21:06:27 Odie rolls 4 to Trying not to roll over Compsure + Intimidation against 2 successes? (10 Again) 9, 3, 2, 8 2 successes

Wow. If looks could kill! Who pissed in her cornflakes? If Odie wasn't going to roll over for his Alpha bitch of a sister, he certainly wasn't going to roll over for HER. Of course having Officer Hardt between them may have bolstered his courage. She was scary.

"Well hello... Friend!"

2 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2018-02-13 09:04:23 Odie rolls 4 to Odie attempts not to be overwhelmed by Crazy Hector (10 Again) 3, 6, 4, 10, 10, 2 2 successes

Before Odie had a chance to commit suicide with a smart ass reply, Homeless Hector made nice. Nice and scary.

The young pup leaned away, as much as for the homeless guy's breath as to avoid losing his nose or some other treasured body part to the intensity of the greeting. Had he not been raised with wolves he might well have bolted. But then his fleeing from danger skills had always been highly underdeveloped.

The young pup sidled a smidge closer to the officer. Cops had guns, right?

The other, third, guy had said something but it had gotten lost between Miss Sunshine's glare and Crazy Hector's...uh.. grin? Yeah. Odie was going to call that a 'grin'. He was charitable like that.

The old dude had a knowing look about him that made the young Uratha uncomfortable. Or maybe it was a 'hungry' look. In either event, it made Odie feel like prey.

The Officer had been saying something but he only caught half of it with all the emotional dissonance in the air. Something about traffic and not wanting to do paperwork. Odie determined to put on his most friendly face and play Good Puppy.

Officer Hardt,” he grinned amiably, hoping the name dropping would through the guy off his game and make a 'stranger' more palatable, “I was just worried that Miss Sunshine over there and her buddy were hassle sweet ole Hector here. The guy has a hard enough time, he doesn't need the extra hassle.”

He chanced a smug look in the woman and her buddy's direction, “I was taught to respect my elders. Even when they've fallen on hard times. ESPECIALLY then!”

“Yeah. The whole traffic thing. That WAS pretty, stupid,” he added back to the Officer with embarrassed chagrin, “But Sir! I was just so worried about Hector, here.”

Not having any self-preservation instincts to speak of, he added with wink to Hector, “Can't stand to see people messing with my... friends.”

4 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2018-02-13 12:14:44 Odie rolls 9 to Making a Good Impression? (Fast TaLk: Man 2+Persua 3+Spec 1+Will) (10 Again, WillPower) 9, 6, 6, 5, 8, 9, 10, 1, 2, 3 4 successes

Presence
    (Unimpressed)
    Viola Jones

Rahu
    Hunter in the Darkness
    Purity ●● | Cunning ●

PRE

Viola stares at the pup, eyes not losing their intensity, but their sharpness.

Then very obviously she turns her gaze upward. "Luna protect us from idiots." but of course her gaze and its sharpness returns to the intruder, because he opens his fucking mouth and starts spewing shit he shouldnt know

A growl just shy of wolf escapes her throat.

"Like fuck we believe the shit you're spewing." she cocks her hip, "Try again buddy." strangely, 'buddy' sounded more ominous then her copious use if profanity.

Date Action Roll Result
    2018-02-13 19:24:47 Viola Jones rolls 4 to Names? (Wits 3 + occult1) (10 Again) 1, 2, 3, 3 failure
    Meninna Rahu | Primal Urge ●● | Heath: | Willpower: | Essence:

Chris Laurent

Irakka Blood Talon

PRE

Chris raises a wrapped hand, palm out and open. "Slow your roll there kid." The Irraka's head tilts to the side as he looks over the kid. "I don't know where you got the idea that we were harassing him." A nod towards Hector because fuck confirming names. "But think very carefully before you start shit."

A grin spreads though, blatantly predatory and amused. It doesn't carry the weight of the expressions around him but Chris has never been good at impressing people like that. "There's only one way it can end."
    Irraka Blood Talon:

Presence
    (Intense)
    Danger Sense
    Fleet of Foot
    Hector
    Hector's Scenes
    Hector's Stuff

PRE

Hector chuckled, bouncing on his heels before withdrawing... Enough.

Enough for the implicit threat to be lessened. From him at least.

"He he! I think I like this guy. Nice to see someone willing to stick up for the little guy. To be sure though, I was in no threat. Me and my friends were just having a debate. Real misfit family we are! Like a pack! Always fighting. Until we get threatened. I know you understand, right?"

The smile remained but at least his gums covered those mangy eye teeth.

"Now. I just know you want to be my friend. I want to be yours! But do you want to be their friend?"

Hector jerked a thumb to the rest of the group. After he had done so he leaned against the wall, eyeing the street beyond the alley with sudden ferocity. Then, slyly, he turned his attention back to Odie.

"You might want to answer that one quick, my friend. We are the only People here right now. Moon lovers one and all..."

Hidden from view and with his pack (and one outsider who was definitely joining them once this was all done) Hector could open up and speak his mind freely. And if this new guy gave the wrong set of answers... well...
    Iron Master <<Farsil Luhal>> Cahalith

Primal Urge: ●●●

Page 4 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last