Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

Spring and Fall

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 4 of 4 First 1 2 3 4
    Striking Looks 2 "Ethereal"
    Retainer
    (Angus (ensorcelled mortal))
    Ingrid
    Ingrid

Mein

Very much like her Mask. However, her skin takes on a more reflective, rubbery texture and she appears... thinner... with limbs that are slightly too long and thin for her general proportions. There is also faint traces of webbing between her fingers and toes.

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Yeah. Keep it short and simple. Practical. This is for us, so we don't need to be too heavy handed."

Ingrid agreed.

"Though... I don't see why we can't stretch it a little..." The Darkling offered gently.

I was thinking something a little more like this:

Type: Vow
    Task: Alliance, medial (-2)
    Duration: Season (+2)
    Boon: Adroitness, lesser (+1 Academics); Adroitness, lesser (+1 Occult)
    Sanction: Poisoning of Boons, lesser (Academics, Occult) (-2)

It packs two punches for the price of one and fits our motley better. I think its also a little more balanced. What do you guys think?
    Darkling: Palewraith |Spring Mantle 3 (Heady scent of plums)
    WYRD 3| Health: 7| Willpower: 5 | Glamour: 7| Striking Looks 2: "Ethereal"

Seraphina
    Presence
    (Magnetic)
    Striking Looks
    (Enthralling)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Angelic)
    New Identity
    (Sarah Jones)
    Mantle (Spring)
    (In Mini Sheet)
    Seraphina

Mien

Softly shimmering gold flakes catch the light whenever she moves, delicate gilded gold and diamond scales extenuate the rare greenish blue color of her aquamarine eyes. In the right light, or when her mood changes, her eyes seem to illuminate from within, it’s a very gentle glow. This is the ocean lives in Sera's eyes. The scales trail up to her temples and forehead. Her hair reaches down her back, brushing the ground, spun silver and emerald. Perfectly placed tiny pearls can be seen woven throughout her hair. Very fine diamond dust falls loose from her hair when she moves, reflecting rainbows from the light. The scales on her hands are dulled by the simple fact that her hands are translucent. There is an iridescent scale like skin that pulls delicately up from her ears. The membrane shimmers and has three curly points.
    Seraphina

Fairest

Nix/Treasured
    Mantle

Cherry blossoms gilded in gold bloom from her hair, tumbling down as a warm rejuvenating spring breeze gently kisses the air with the scent of freshly cut grass. The sound of birds singing can be heard as the wildflowers grow and bloom in vibrant colors where she walks, swaying and lively in the breeze.
    Sera's hands and lower legs are translucent while the rest of her has cracks
    Seraphina

Mask
    A fairly tall woman, roughly 5'11 with long, wavy dark brown hair. Her eyes are an intense, deep bright blue, reminding one of sapphires. Her lips are full and her skin is flawless. With that perfection comes a body that men fawn and drool over, and women envy.

Health Tracker

Haunted House
    Items

Hedgespun Items

Tear dropped shaped pendant, form fitted waterfall jacket

Misc.

-3 to any rolls involving Presence
    Seraphina Scenes
      The Plunge!

Dreaming, -1 WP to analyze, WP to hold Dream together, Dreamscape

+2
    SL
    +2
    DV
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••••
    Treasured Nix

Seemed like things were moving forward. The name was agreed upon and the Pledge decided.

So she offers a smile and nod, before taking a sip of the water.

The glass was set down, “Sounds like we’re all in agreement then.” Which was making things a lot easier than she thought. Maybe it because this was her first Motley, but she was expecting there to be more discussion and people not agreeing so easily. But then again, the Freehold had low numbers and had only recently taken down the dragon that had almost destroyed it.

Looking to Ingrid, “I don’t see anything wrong with stretching it a little.” She didn’t foresee any problems, but that also didn’t mean there wouldn’t be any.

I'll admit I'm still learning about how pledges work, so I'll go with what you guys decide
    Treasured/Nix Wyrd●●●●

Presence
    (Furtive)
    Autumn Mantle
    (Scent of Wet Dirt)
    Archive
    (Changeling Lore, Hedge Lore)
    Status
    (MS: Library Science)
    Contacts
    (Academia)
    Thomas Land

Beast: Cleareyes

Mien

Thomas’s true face leaves no doubt as to his seeming. Indeed, his appearence is more mole than human. His whole head comes to the fleshly point of an elongated nose. His hair or more properly fur is dark brown and travels down his forehead and cheeks, stopping just before his pink nose. His eyes are smaller, beadier. His back is more hunched, he’s shorter, and his body and limbs seem thicker. His hands and feet are larger and tipped with dirt-caked claws.
    Mask

Thomas is an unassuming, middle-aged man, standing at just over 5’5” with a hunch to his back. Despite his slight stature, he still has a stocky build with something of a barrel chest and thick arms and legs. His dark blond hair is thinning and messy atop his large head. His blue eyes are set wide apart and slightly asymmetrical. Wire-rimmed glasses perch high on the bridge of a pointy nose. His attire is generically professorial: tweed jackets, slacks, button-up shirts, ties, and sweaters.
    Mantle

Thomas’s mantle manifests as a pervasive smell of wet earth. There always seems to be a dead leaf or two, wet and brown, stuck to his person.

PRE

"Hm-hmmmmm," the Mole-Man hums thoughtfully. "Yes, a vow."

Thomas considers the particulars of the arrangement and finds them to his liking. With a smile, he walks over to the table and refills his wine glass, offering to replenish any one else's along with his own.

"I believe this will, uh, work. Yes, indeed. Shall we have a toast, then?"

He holds up his glass. "To Selva Oscura."

100% on board with YYC's modifications. Let's do this!

Retainer
    Ingrid
    Ingrid

Mein

Very much like her Mask. However, her skin takes on a more reflective, rubbery texture and she appears... thinner... with limbs that are slightly too long and thin for her general proportions. There is also faint traces of webbing between her fingers and toes.

(WP to seal the Pledge)Willpower 1 Spent
    +1
    SL
    PRE

"Awesomes!" Ingrid's mouth turned into a big "O" and she positively wriggled with joy. Holding out her hands she encouraged the other's to take her hands and form a loose circle. Her lips were still curved into a smile when she began to intone:

"Hand in hand, we stand side by side. Allies bound through the Wyrd's skein. I'll stand by you as you stand by me; and we'll learn more of ourselves along this journey together. Let this be so for a season's turn, and if I lie let all Arcane thought and Horatio's philosophy desert me."

There had to be words to seal the thing. Might as well be her.

Presence
    (Quiet Confidence)
    Striking Looks
    (Mesmerizing Eyes)
    Autumn's Regalia
    (Autumn Mantle)
    Fashion
    (Contacts, Status)
    Mhairi Ankaa

Mask

A slim girl, with raven black hair and grey-blue eyes. She likes wearing silver nail polish.
    Mien

Her skin; like moonlight captured. Quicksilver drips from her fingers, burning up before it lands. Motes of fell fire escape her eyes. In her hair, a galaxy, forming constellations which mimic the sky, changing with the Seasons.
    Mantle

Fear made manifest, Autumn's Regalia embraces the Wisp, as if she is Dread's most blessed daughter.
    Pledges & Other Things

Pledges

Autumn Queen Oath

Plot Stats

Fairy Floss
    Defense: 3 +1
    Heath: Willpower
    Glamour:

House Call
    Glamour:
    HS Choker+1 Defense, -1g. Sparation3 -1g

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••
    Ask-wee-da-eed Telluric

A circle? Or was it because there were four if them it would be a square? Mhairi's fell-flames flicker as the nerves energy echoes throughout her body, only to be replaced with a....calmness. A zen. It was an echo of what she'd feel when she put herself into another's hands.

....which might explain her...ease around their Fae magics.

Ingrid's rough voice intones the words, invoking the wyrd and Mhairi's voice picks up when the darkling's ceases.

"A circle we stand, hand to hand. Allies bound, friendship found. Wyrd weft and woven. The circle will not break, if you don't break from it. A quarter year, a Seasons turn may this circle stand. Power we seek, knowledge it's form. Of ourselves, each other and of hidden things. Secrets lost and of the Lost. Waiting to be found. I say these words and they are true, but if I ever betray this Vow then let," fell-flames flicker at Ingrid as her lips quirk higher, "Arcane thought and Horatio's philosophy desert me."

-1 WP to Seal the Pledge
    Sanction: Poisoning of Boons , lesser (Academics, Occult) (-1,-1)
    Currently Just a Simple Shade Shard~

Presence
    (Furtive)
    Autumn Mantle
    (Scent of Wet Dirt)
    Archive
    Status
    Contacts
    (Academia)
    Thomas Land

Mien

Thomas’s true face leaves no doubt as to his seeming. Indeed, his appearence is more mole than human. His whole head comes to the fleshly point of an elongated nose. His hair or more properly fur is dark brown and travels down his forehead and cheeks, stopping just before his pink nose. His eyes are smaller, beadier. His back is more hunched, he’s shorter, and his body and limbs seem thicker. His hands and feet are larger and tipped with dirt-caked claws.
    Mask

Thomas is an unassuming, middle-aged man, standing at just over 5’5” with a hunch to his back. Despite his slight stature, he still has a stocky build with something of a barrel chest and thick arms and legs. His dark blond hair is thinning and messy atop his large head. His blue eyes are set wide apart and slightly asymmetrical. Wire-rimmed glasses perch high on the bridge of a pointy nose. His attire is generically professorial: tweed jackets, slacks, button-up shirts, ties, and sweaters.
    Mantle

Thomas’s mantle manifests as a pervasive smell of wet earth. There always seems to be a dead leaf or two, wet and brown, stuck to his person.

(Seal Pledge)Willpower 1 Spent
    PRE

Mhairi and Ingrid have both spoken the words. And now it is Thomas's turn. Gulping down his wine, he speaks up.

For once, his voice seems strong, certain:

"Together in the Dark Wood, the Selva Oscura, we stand. Four bound as one for a season's turn. Together, we'll search for knowledge and together we'll find it. Secrets lost, yes, and secrets of the Lost, things rarely seen and rarely told. I give my word to the three who stand with me now and to the Wyrd in turn, I will not break this pact. And if I should abandon my vow, let Arcane thought and Horatio's philosophy desert me." Beady eyes dart between the three women, solemn in the flickering light of the fire.

-1 WP to Seal the Pledge

Seraphina
    Presence
    (Magnetic)
    Striking Looks
    (Enthralling)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Angelic)
    New Identity
    (Sarah Jones)
    Mantle (Spring)
    (In Mini Sheet)
    Seraphina

Mien

Softly shimmering gold flakes catch the light whenever she moves, delicate gilded gold and diamond scales extenuate the rare greenish blue color of her aquamarine eyes. In the right light, or when her mood changes, her eyes seem to illuminate from within, it’s a very gentle glow. This is the ocean lives in Sera's eyes. The scales trail up to her temples and forehead. Her hair reaches down her back, brushing the ground, spun silver and emerald. Perfectly placed tiny pearls can be seen woven throughout her hair. Very fine diamond dust falls loose from her hair when she moves, reflecting rainbows from the light. The scales on her hands are dulled by the simple fact that her hands are translucent. There is an iridescent scale like skin that pulls delicately up from her ears. The membrane shimmers and has three curly points.
    Seraphina

Fairest

Nix/Treasured
    Mantle

Cherry blossoms gilded in gold bloom from her hair, tumbling down as a warm rejuvenating spring breeze gently kisses the air with the scent of freshly cut grass. The sound of birds singing can be heard as the wildflowers grow and bloom in vibrant colors where she walks, swaying and lively in the breeze.
    Sera's hands and lower legs are translucent while the rest of her has cracks
    Seraphina

Mask
    A fairly tall woman, roughly 5'11 with long, wavy dark brown hair. Her eyes are an intense, deep bright blue, reminding one of sapphires. Her lips are full and her skin is flawless. With that perfection comes a body that men fawn and drool over, and women envy.

Health Tracker

Haunted House
    Items

Hedgespun Items

Tear dropped shaped pendant, form fitted waterfall jacket

Misc.

-3 to any rolls involving Presence
    Seraphina Scenes
      The Plunge!

Dreaming, -1 WP to analyze, WP to hold Dream together, Dreamscape

()Willpower 1 Spent
    +2
    SL
    +2
    DV
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••••
    Treasured Nix

Seeing Ingrid’s offered hand, Sera accepts it as her eyes move from Lost to Lost.

As their words were said and the Pledge spoken by each, she realized this was it. There was no going back once the words left her lips.

Butterflies began to flutter in her stomach as a mixture of excitement and fear formed.

It was her turn to speak now, and she takes a deep breath to try and steady her voice,

“As a circle we stand, hand in hand, a bond formed for a Season’s Turn. My trust and strength I offer to you three, my word to never be broken. Knowledge we will seek and preserve to strengthen our bond. Let us grow as one in both knowledge, and in self. If I betray this Vow, let Arcane thought and Horatio's philosophy desert me."

-1 WP to Seal the Pledge
    Treasured/Nix Wyrd●●●●

Retainer
    Ingrid
    Ingrid

Mein

+1
    SL
    PRE

I think this is an appropriate spot to wrap the scene. We are over time anyways and we can get another scene going in the coming days if you like. What say you?

Presence
    (Furtive)
    Autumn Mantle
    (Scent of Wet Dirt)
    Archive
    Status
    Contacts
    (Academia)
    Thomas Land

Mien

Mask

Mantle

PRE

Sounds good to me! Thanks for the awesome scene you guys! So happy about our new crew.

Presence
    (Quiet Confidence)
    Striking Looks
    (Mesmerizing Eyes)
    Autumn's Regalia
    (Autumn Mantle)
    Fashion
    (Contacts, Status)
    Mhairi Ankaa

Mask

A slim girl, with raven black hair and grey-blue eyes. She likes wearing silver nail polish.
    Mien

Her skin; like moonlight captured. Quicksilver drips from her fingers, burning up before it lands. Motes of fell fire escape her eyes. In her hair, a galaxy, forming constellations which mimic the sky, changing with the Seasons.
    Mantle

Fear made manifest, Autumn's Regalia embraces the Wisp, as if she is Dread's most blessed daughter.
    Pledges & Other Things

Pledges

Autumn Queen Oath

Plot Stats

Fairy Floss
    Glamour:

House Call
    Glamour: