She had fled the Necropolis.

She had fled the Necropolis.

She had fled the Necropolis!

Sobs wracked her body like they used to when she was alive.

No. No. She had fled Him and Them and - no. There was no Them.

She made sure of that. With what she'd done. She'd made Robert go cold and all she'd done was...talk. Defend a friend. She -

She screams. It's a loud animal sound.

She falls then, her strings cut.

Hands grasp the dirt and claw at it.

oh gods what had she done....?

Softly in comparison to the screams that had passed her lips only moments ago.

"Aphrodite," she calls, scaring herself by calling on one she never thought she'd ever need. Not with who she was, not...not with who she ha-once had. "Mistress of desire, holder of hearts, who gives and takes the gift of love with even hand, I pray to you, show kindness to this aching soul." and it was aching. Robert might have said they weren't over, that he needed time, a brake, but Alice knew what that meant. "Beautiful one whose goodness and gentleness are well known, ease my sorrow, lighten my heavy heart. Your gifts are great, O goddess; their loss is a wound that cuts me to the very core, a wound of spirit so keenly felt–" her skin was stained from the bloody tears that had cascaded down her cheeks. "Yet...yet so willingly borne, for the risk and the pain are well worth the reward–" were they though? Would Alice have fallen into Robert's scared arms knowing this...this was what awaited her....Alice didn't know. "And still, so great is my grief, only your sweet solace, your mercy and your might, can comfort the me. Goddess, I pray to you for relief...." Alice begs, then, before she can think against it she adds, "And renewal."

The Doll nods to herself, mouthing the words she'd just said not giving them voice. Hoping they were right. Hoping they were enough. Hoping they were heard....

...and answered.

Alice doesn't move from where she fell. Not as time continues onward as it always dose. No, the Doll lost to her misery to her hope and her fears, doesn't realize that her phone was chiming. That Eos' song was beginning to be sung.

The daystar would soon rise and bathe the world in it's glory.

Alice didn't do this, no. The Wraith wrested control from the girl and the Blood did the rest.

Alice was still praying when her body sunk into the soil.