Distinctive Voice
    (Angelic)
    New Identity
    (Sarah Jones)
    Mantle (Spring)
    (In Mini Sheet)
    Seraphina

Mien

Softly shimmering gold flakes catch the light whenever she moves, delicate gilded gold and diamond scales extenuate the rare greenish blue color of her aquamarine eyes. In the right light, or when her mood changes, her eyes seem to illuminate from within, it’s a very gentle glow. This is the ocean lives in Sera's eyes. The scales trail up to her temples and forehead. Her hair reaches down her back, brushing the ground, spun silver and emerald. Perfectly placed tiny pearls can be seen woven throughout her hair. Very fine diamond dust falls loose from her hair when she moves, reflecting rainbows from the light. The scales on her hands are dulled by the simple fact that her hands are translucent. There is an iridescent scale like skin that pulls delicately up from her ears. The membrane shimmers and has three curly points.
    Seraphina

Fairest

Nix/Treasured
    Mantle

Cherry blossoms gilded in gold bloom from her hair, tumbling down as a warm rejuvenating spring breeze gently kisses the air with the scent of freshly cut grass. The sound of birds singing can be heard as the wildflowers grow and bloom in vibrant colors where she walks, swaying and lively in the breeze.
    Sera's hands and lower legs are translucent while the rest of her has cracks
    Seraphina

Mask
    A fairly tall woman, roughly 5'11 with long, wavy dark brown hair. Her eyes are an intense, deep bright blue, reminding one of sapphires. Her lips are full and her skin is flawless. With that perfection comes a body that men fawn and drool over, and women envy.

Health Tracker

Haunted House
    Items

Hedgespun Items

Tear dropped shaped pendant, form fitted waterfall jacket

Misc.

-3 to any rolls involving Presence
    Seraphina Scenes

Dreaming, -1 WP to analyze, WP to hold Dream together, Dreamscape

+2
    SL
    +2
    DV
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••••
    Treasured Nix

She rocks back on her heels as she listens to Ingrid give the run down. Though it was nice that she was going to keep the sister in the loop. Not that they probably had much of a choice on that, but better her Queen than her.

Then nods when the big guy gave his name. Lev. Interesting name, not one she thinks she’s heard before. Though she does wonder if it’s short for something, like Levi or whatever. But that was for a different time.

“Guess that’s the long and short of it.” She had her theories, but being in the open wasn’t a place to talk about them.

“And I agree, lets get to it. Hopefully we’ll find something, or at least a lead to something else.” Anything really would be good.

Head moves toward the door and she begins to open it if no one else has, “Shall we?” eyebrows raising, heart beat increasing. She was excited about this, new place and the chance to maybe be helpful and find something. There wasn’t much she could do at the apartment, maybe there was someone or something she could get info from in the store. That’s be great.
    Treasured/Nix Wyrd●●●●

Striking Looks 2 "Ethereal"
    Retainer
    (Angus (ensorcelled mortal))
    Ingrid
    Ingrid

Mein

Very much like her Mask. However, her skin takes on a more reflective, rubbery texture and she appears... thinner... with limbs that are slightly too long and thin for her general proportions. There is also faint traces of webbing between her fingers and toes.

+1
    SL
    PRE

"OK. Lets do it. You guys can spread out and look over the shop. I'll talk with Mr. Cheng. Or whoever is running the place. I can play my Private Investigator card. It might help - or shake something loose."

Ingrid finished her cigarette, made one last attempt at a smoke ring. And failed again.

Then, if there was no further comment, she was striding across the street and into the shop.
    Darkling: Palewraith |Spring Mantle 3 (Heady scent of plums)
    WYRD 3| Health: 7| Willpower: 5 | Glamour: 7| Striking Looks 2: "Ethereal"

W
    Woland

There is no way around it: Mr. Cheng's shop defies the rules three-dimensional spaces normally follow. It is much smaller than the size of the building would indicate and yet it is more... stretched, unformed like a raw pastry. The angles and distances don't seem quite right, and the sounds your feet make on the wooden floor echo loudly in the pervasive shadows. Incense attacks your nostrils, making the air heavy with scent.

For such a small place, however, it is surely a wonder to stuff so many shelves with so many things. Herbs, flowers, talismans, books, jars filled with organic matter one would do well to not inquire about and things stranger still, their name is legion. You can make out some of the labels after your eyes adjust to darkness: "The Leng Plateau Frog", "Roses from the Sesqua Valley", "The Trice-Blessed Celaneo Amulet". Leaning against the wall is an Asian man in his thirties, who doesn't even bother to hide the oversized blade sheathed on his side. Occluded in shadows, a bigger silhouette awaits you behoind the counter. Apart from you, those are the only people inside.

"Who goes there?" Comes an aggressive question from everywhere and nowhere at once. The voice is screeching and unpleasant "Intruders!" Replies another, equally high-pitched "Spies!"

L
    Lev

Once the labels became readable in this poorly lit shop, Lev leaned towards Ingrid, and muttered:
    “I think I saw some of those names in a Lovecraft book. Classy.”

The place, though, looked thoroughly wrong. Maybe an attempt at humor was just a defense mechanism. And then the voices assaulted the Beast’s ears, and he almost jumped into air, letting “What the..?!” slip, before he regained his composure.

Lev looked around, seeking the source of the voices, and letting his eyes stop on the armed man at the wall for a bit longer. That thing could chop them up real good, especially if the kung-fu stereotype turns out to be true.

2 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2017-09-10 11:21:21 Lev rolls 5 to Wits 3 + Comp 2 to detect the source of the voices, and general awareness. (10 Again) 5, 4, 9, 8, 4 2 successes

Seraphina
    Presence
    (Magnetic)
    Striking Looks
    (Enthralling)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Angelic)
    New Identity
    (Sarah Jones)
    Mantle (Spring)
    (In Mini Sheet)
    Seraphina

Mien

Softly shimmering gold flakes catch the light whenever she moves, delicate gilded gold and diamond scales extenuate the rare greenish blue color of her aquamarine eyes. In the right light, or when her mood changes, her eyes seem to illuminate from within, it’s a very gentle glow. This is the ocean lives in Sera's eyes. The scales trail up to her temples and forehead. Her hair reaches down her back, brushing the ground, spun silver and emerald. Perfectly placed tiny pearls can be seen woven throughout her hair. Very fine diamond dust falls loose from her hair when she moves, reflecting rainbows from the light. The scales on her hands are dulled by the simple fact that her hands are translucent. There is an iridescent scale like skin that pulls delicately up from her ears. The membrane shimmers and has three curly points.
    Seraphina

Fairest

Nix/Treasured
    Mantle

Cherry blossoms gilded in gold bloom from her hair, tumbling down as a warm rejuvenating spring breeze gently kisses the air with the scent of freshly cut grass. The sound of birds singing can be heard as the wildflowers grow and bloom in vibrant colors where she walks, swaying and lively in the breeze.
    Sera's hands and lower legs are translucent while the rest of her has cracks
    Seraphina

Mask
    A fairly tall woman, roughly 5'11 with long, wavy dark brown hair. Her eyes are an intense, deep bright blue, reminding one of sapphires. Her lips are full and her skin is flawless. With that perfection comes a body that men fawn and drool over, and women envy.

Health Tracker

Haunted House
    Items

Hedgespun Items

Tear dropped shaped pendant, form fitted waterfall jacket

Misc.

-3 to any rolls involving Presence
    Seraphina Scenes

Dreaming, -1 WP to analyze, WP to hold Dream together, Dreamscape

+2
    SL
    +2
    DV
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••••
    Treasured Nix

Shops like this were always intriguing. How they managed to fit as much stuff on the shelves in such small spaces blew her mind. And she was trying to be careful as they entered, keeping her arms close and making sure one arm held her purse close to her body. Cause it was always embarrassing when your purse knocked something over.

The labels were noted, but didn't really mean anything to the Nix. Though she was awfully tempted to pick up the flowers and herbs to smell. Especially the ones marked Roses, she loved the smell of roses. But she doesn't.

The sudden voices, and the accusations surprised her and she felt herself jump up a couple inches.

"Excuse me? Spies?!" she says, eyes wide and body tensing. "Are you closed or something? I didn't see a sign indicating that." but she had to admit, she did feel a little safer having Lev here. He was a big guy, big guys were intimidating and good to have on your side. Not that she couldn't handle herself, but still.

1 success
    Date Action Roll Result
    2017-09-10 13:58:12 Seraphina rolls 4 to Looking Around(Wits+Comp) (10 Again) 5, 7, 1, 9 1 success
    Treasured/Nix Wyrd●●●●

Retainer
    Ingrid
    Ingrid

Mein

Very much like her Mask. However, her skin takes on a more reflective, rubbery texture and she appears... thinner... with limbs that are slightly too long and thin for her general proportions. There is also faint traces of webbing between her fingers and toes.

+1
    SL
    PRE

The place leaked otherworldly. Fear pressed on her: first from the strange dimensions the shop seemed to inhabit; second, from the sight of the fellow with the blade; third, the discordant voices.

Thank the Stars that Lev had agreed to join them. The Lion man's presence - even his brief moment of fallibility - made the Emerald Courtier feel better, safer.

Breathing deeply, the Darkling moved ever forward toward the counter. Her eyes scrutinise the shadows - are they men or Masked changelings? She will deal with that first. The idea that someone would so brazenly make a Hollow here is beyond her for the moment - because if that were so they'd be in a lot more trouble than she thought. No - Ingrid is hoping they are human, in a human shop.

Date Action Roll Result
    2017-09-11 03:56:14 Ingrid to look for tell-tale shadows rolls 6 to Wits + Occult (10 Again) 7, 3, 7, 3, 10, 7, 9 2 successes

"My friends right. We walked in from the high street and there was no closed signs. Nice joke, by the way. I'm kinda hoping I can ask a few questions about a customer of yours. I got money, too. So I can buy some stuff if that'll help... Actually, I'm hoping I can do that anyway. Kinda low on supplies."

She attempted to make an ingratiating smile. In the gloomy and curiously cramped confines, her pale palor did her no favours.

Date Action Roll Result
    2017-09-11 04:04:40 Ingrid to make friends rolls 2 to Manipulation + Persuasion - 1 Untrained (10 Again) 3, 3 failure

Presence
    (Furtive)
    Autumn Mantle
    (Scent of Wet Dirt)
    Archive
    (Changeling Lore, Hedge Lore)
    Status
    (MS: Library Science)
    Contacts
    (Academia)
    Thomas Land

Beast: Cleareyes

Mien

Thomas’s true face leaves no doubt as to his seeming. Indeed, his appearence is more mole than human. His whole head comes to the fleshly point of an elongated nose. His hair or more properly fur is dark brown and travels down his forehead and cheeks, stopping just before his pink nose. His eyes are smaller, beadier. His back is more hunched, he’s shorter, and his body and limbs seem thicker. His hands and feet are larger and tipped with dirt-caked claws.
    Mask

Thomas is an unassuming, middle-aged man, standing at just over 5’5” with a hunch to his back. Despite his slight stature, he still has a stocky build with something of a barrel chest and thick arms and legs. His dark blond hair is thinning and messy atop his large head. His blue eyes are set wide apart and slightly asymmetrical. Wire-rimmed glasses perch high on the bridge of a pointy nose. His attire is generically professorial: tweed jackets, slacks, button-up shirts, ties, and sweaters.
    Mantle

Thomas’s mantle manifests as a pervasive smell of wet earth. There always seems to be a dead leaf or two, wet and brown, stuck to his person.

(Warlock's Gaze)Glamour 2 Spent
    PRE

Upon entry, it's immediately apparent to the Mole-Man that things aren't what they seems here. The distended quality of space-time alone is enough to trigger his keen nose for the occult. Indeed, his pointed, fleshy nose begins to twitch right away, as if he's caught the scent of some delicious grub.

In his own way, Mole-ish way, Thomas is calling on his contract with Autumn to make him understand, to make him see the strangeness of this place...

Warlock's Gaze, 4 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2017-09-11 18:59:45 Thomas Land rolls 4 to Warlock's Gaze Wyrd1 + Occult3 (10 Again) 3, 10, 10, 9, 6, 10, 5 4 successes

But then the voice is booming, from nowhere and everywhere at once. And, instead of boldly responding or expressing his confusion like the others, Thomas's first instinct is to hide himself among the stacks.

Hide! Failure
    Date Action Roll Result
    2017-09-11 19:03:09 Thomas Land rolls 5 to Dexterity2 + Stealth2 + Specialty1 (10 Again) 6, 5, 1, 4, 6 failure

Of course, he fails miserably, knocking over a stack of books with an audible "Oof" and then looking sheepishly around, temporarily more embarrassed than terrified.

W
    Woland

"By the pricking of my thumbs, something wicked this way comes..."

The man behind the counter is impossibly fat. His buttoned shirt, red like blood, looks like it's about to burst, and his chair creaks in protest with every move that he makes. Yet, the expression on his face is nothing short of amused, especially when he sees Thomas trip over the books. The Fu Manchu moustache moves slightly as he faces all four changelings. The nameplate says "Mr.Cheng"

Lev's and Sera's efforts at spotting the voice's source are not fruitless, even if they could hope for more. With the corner of their eyes they spot a flash of color rushing under the ceiling, accompanied by fluttering of wings. They are able to keep track of this phantom long enough to see it land on a perch beside Cheng, now in the clear shape of a parrot, with its both heads now whispering to each other.

Meanwhile, the man with a blade looks indifferent, bored even. It doesn't look like there's any more surprises waiting to jump at the Lost from the shadows. For now.

Speaking of shadows, Ingrid doesn't find what she's searching for - the armed man is a perfectly normal human being (further confirmed by the Mole-Man's sorcery-detecting gaze). The vendor, however... he doesn't have the tell-tale shadow, because he doesn't cast a shadow at all. When the Vernal Queen speaks, the parrot raises its heads and pierces her with a murderous, intelligent look "Who do you call a joke, you fuckwad?"

"You'll have to forgive Cixi" says Cheng with a warm voice that makes it clear none of you have any choice in the matter "She can be a little... uncouth" The Chinese man chuckles softly, and only then does it become apparent that he has the kind of round face that could be forty, sixty or six hundred years old "A customer? I have many customers, yes I do. If your questions are good, we can talk. But you'd have to give me something in return..."

In the meantime, the Autumn Courtier scrutinizes his surroundings, and unlike last time he finds plenty of those little sparks signifying there's more to the picture that meets the eye. Although there's nothing supernatural in the shadows themselves, both the shopkeeper and his pet have that magical ambience about them, as does a large part of the merchandise (it is interesting to note that most items advertised as magical are completely mundane, while many of the more innocuous-looking ones shine brightly). What is peculiar about this discovery is that Thomas doesn't recognize the vibe's nature. It's completely alien to him and no amount of mind-searching for clues helps.

But this is no faerie magic, that's for sure.

L
    Lev

When the parrot performed aerobatics aiming at the counter, Lev instinctively bent his knees a bit, and managed to shrug and look up at the same time. But the bird turned out not to present any danger, at least for now. When it landed, he noticed that the thing had two heads, and could not avoid a snarky comment: “I thought Chernobyl fallout did not reach so far west…” And though the comment was said in a low voice, the Beast was not really in control of his growl, so Cheng and the freak of nature probably heard him.

Considering that he made enough damage with his remarks, Lev decided to shut up and just loomed behind Ingrid’s back while she was in discourse with the proprietor.

Retainer
    Ingrid
    Ingrid

Mein

(WP for persuasion)Willpower 1 Spent
    +1
    SL
    PRE

"Well. I hope they are. And I can pay." Ingrid patted a pocket emphatically. "I must say I like the look of your store. I hope you'll be staying around; you look like you got some of the things I really do need." The Darkling adds the last with an air of honest appreciation as she takes a moment to peruse a hoary shelf. Surprise delights her eyes and her lips part.

Her face is still animated with interest as she hunts down some joss sticks, sage and other sources of incense. To this she adds some candles as well. Clicking her tongue she gathers her up her goods and tracks down a basket. It makes her growing pile easier to move and suggests she can add more purchases to sweeten the negotiations.

At last, after perusing some curious looking jars, she approaches the counter.

"Do you sell any dream catchers? Anyway... I'm hoping you'd be able to help me. I'm trying to find out what happened to a guy I know, Mark." Ingrid added a few descriptions of the youth, based on what she had seen. "He was a student who worked part time at a theme park to pay the bills... I'm kinda worried something may have happened to him. Look, seems he was developing an appreciation for the old traditions..." Ingrid waves about her, indicating the shop and its contents. "I think he may have been getting his supplies here. Maybe you'd have seen him stop by. Or perhaps seen the people he was hanging with...?"

She leans closer and tries to make a concerned face.

"I dunno. I feel... I'm scared he may have been poorly led. Mixed with the wrong crowd, you know?"

Date Action Roll Result
    2017-09-14 04:15:08 Ingrid to encourage cooperation rolls 5 to Manipulation + Persuasion - 1 Untrained (10 Again, WillPower) 3, 9, 5, 4, 6 1 success

Page 2 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 20

You do not have permission to view the list of names.