(Changeling Lore, Hedge Lore)
    Status
    (MS: Library Science)
    Contacts
    (Academia)
    Thomas Land

Beast: Cleareyes

Mien

Thomas’s true face leaves no doubt as to his seeming. Indeed, his appearence is more mole than human. His whole head comes to the fleshly point of an elongated nose. His hair or more properly fur is dark brown and travels down his forehead and cheeks, stopping just before his pink nose. His eyes are smaller, beadier. His back is more hunched, he’s shorter, and his body and limbs seem thicker. His hands and feet are larger and tipped with dirt-caked claws.
    Mask

Thomas is an unassuming, middle-aged man, standing at just over 5’5” with a hunch to his back. Despite his slight stature, he still has a stocky build with something of a barrel chest and thick arms and legs. His dark blond hair is thinning and messy atop his large head. His blue eyes are set wide apart and slightly asymmetrical. Wire-rimmed glasses perch high on the bridge of a pointy nose. His attire is generically professorial: tweed jackets, slacks, button-up shirts, ties, and sweaters.
    Mantle

Thomas’s mantle manifests as a pervasive smell of wet earth. There always seems to be a dead leaf or two, wet and brown, stuck to his person.

PRE

"Hm-hmmmm, hello, Sera," the Mole-Man says, glancing up from his shoes to shoot the stunning woman a bashful smile. A smile that soon disappears, replaced by a look of abject horror. Because a lion, a Lion has just joined them. Beady eyes blink-blink-blink, very quick, behind his glasses. And then the look is gone, or has resolved itself into an expression of discomfort that is, at least, normal for the little Beast. Wonders, and terrors, never cease...

Sasha is given a formal, even prim, bow. "Hello," Thomas replies. "A, um, pleasure as always." Not for the first time, Thomas is stuck wondering how, and why, so many of his fellow Lost are so beautiful. And, more importantly, so comfortable in their skin. You're missing something, Old Mole. Something inside. They took something and you'll never get it back. But who's he kidding? He was like this long before his Durance.

Speaking of self-confidence, here's Quick. Though his habitually hardened mask may speak to some discomfort with his true nature. Thomas can only hope, spitefully, that such is the case. How nice it would be, for suave Quick, to hate what he sees when he looks in the mirror. That would, at least, make two of them. Nonetheless, the levinquick is offered a watery smile and a nod. Appearances and all that.

Thomas seems to catch a look of gratitude from Mhairi and remains close to her side, hoping his proximity communicates his support. Not that he will ever seem firm in his resolve, no matter how stalwart he may feel. Circe's approach is met with a widening of eyes, the Mole-Man has spotted her gun. And he doesn't like it. Quickly, he glances at Alex, trying to discern his reaction to this summer courtier's armed presence. Had he known? Planned it? If not, is he still pleased?

How's Alex Feeling? 1 suxx
    Date Action Roll Result
    2017-09-02 15:34:24 Thomas Land rolls 4 to Wits2+Empathy2 (10 Again) 4, 3, 6, 10, 5 1 success

This could be bad.

2. Likes Origins, , Travisc06489 liked this post
    L
    Lev

Lev kept dispensing acknowledging nods and observing, leaving his comfortable place away form the others just for a moment to grab a cookie off the plate. “Thanks. Looks good.”

Returning to his spot, he looked at the cookie, and it reminded him of his life before he was taken. Homemade food was one of the things he lost. Being a bachelor now he did not bother. And any baking attempt would probably end with a call to the fire department.

Lev just took a bite of the cookie when Circe greeted him. Lev did not speak… Spanish, was it… so the meaning of the first word escaped him, but the last two were easy to translate. He smiled.

“Evening!” answered the Beast, letting a cookie crumb escape his mouth. It probably looked quite comical, and Lev proceeded to chew and swallow.

“Dunno. How civil is it usually?” He wanted to say something else, but it looked like the woman existed at double his speed and was already speaking to someone else, and on her way to grab a cookie of her own.

After she returned, Lev smiled accepting the bottle: “Cheers.”

“And before you answer about the usual civility, could you enlighten me what’s going on?”

The Beast was a bit out of touch, and this looked like a impromptu get-together of the freehold. But something did not feel right. He just could not put his finger on it.

First roll, of course it's a failure
    Date Action Roll Result
    2017-09-02 16:09:42 Lev rolls 4 to Wits 3 + Empaty 1 to gague the situation (10 Again) 5, 4, 2, 7 failure

Seraphina
    Presence
    (Magnetic)
    Striking Looks
    (Enthralling)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Angelic)
    New Identity
    (Sarah Jones)
    Mantle (Spring)
    (In Mini Sheet)
    Seraphina

Mien

Softly shimmering gold flakes catch the light whenever she moves, delicate gilded gold and diamond scales extenuate the rare greenish blue color of her aquamarine eyes. In the right light, or when her mood changes, her eyes seem to illuminate from within, it’s a very gentle glow. This is the ocean lives in Sera's eyes. The scales trail up to her temples and forehead. Her hair reaches down her back, brushing the ground, spun silver and emerald. Perfectly placed tiny pearls can be seen woven throughout her hair. Very fine diamond dust falls loose from her hair when she moves, reflecting rainbows from the light. The scales on her hands are dulled by the simple fact that her hands are translucent. There is an iridescent scale like skin that pulls delicately up from her ears. The membrane shimmers and has three curly points.
    Seraphina

Fairest

Nix/Treasured
    Mantle

Cherry blossoms gilded in gold bloom from her hair, tumbling down as a warm rejuvenating spring breeze gently kisses the air with the scent of freshly cut grass. The sound of birds singing can be heard as the wildflowers grow and bloom in vibrant colors where she walks, swaying and lively in the breeze.
    Sera's hands and lower legs are translucent while the rest of her has cracks
    Seraphina

Mask
    A fairly tall woman, roughly 5'11 with long, wavy dark brown hair. Her eyes are an intense, deep bright blue, reminding one of sapphires. Her lips are full and her skin is flawless. With that perfection comes a body that men fawn and drool over, and women envy.

Health Tracker

Haunted House
    Items

Hedgespun Items

Tear dropped shaped pendant, form fitted waterfall jacket

Misc.

-3 to any rolls involving Presence
    Seraphina Scenes

Dreaming, -1 WP to analyze, WP to hold Dream together, Dreamscape

+2
    SL
    +2
    DV
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••••
    Treasured Nix

As she munches on her cookie, her eyes take in a new guy. A very big one. One who looked like a lion! Holy shit! He’s huge! She thinks watching him.

“Hi,” she greets, voice angelic as her free hand waves, “Don’t think we’ve met, I’m Seraphina, or just Sera.” See, the Nix was being friendly, which she usually was.

And then Sasha appears, looking professional. Too professional maybe, for the meeting. Was she in on what Alex was trying to do?

But still, a warm smile was offered, “Hi, love that suit!” she gushes. And she was being honest, it looked amazing on the Fairest.

A wider smile was offered as Quick appears, “Hey yourself. Not looking too shabby either.” She says with a wink. “And the cookies are great!” a little burnt here and there, but still good. And probably a lot better than she could do.

Bigger smile to Mhairi cause compliments, she loves em.

“Oh thanks! Each piece is from various little shops I’ve found, never really had reason to wear them all together before so figured why not.” And don’t people listen more to others who are dressed up?

Nodding, “Oh yeah, defiantly!” more cookies was good.

So they were still waiting on people.

A smile and nod was offered to Circe as she appeared. And she wasn’t about to take bets on how civil things would be. There was no telling, a lot of unknowns still in the air. She just hoped the Wisp would keep her cool.

The mention of cotton candy brought a sour look to her face, “Urgh, I’ll never touch that stuff again.” She could still taste the burnt fur.

The popcorn seemed appropriate in a twisted sort of way. But she had her cookie and was happy with that. Cause chocolate!

She listens and watches Alex. Like the Wisp was stupid enough to go into a meeting with him without witnesses. But this wasn’t her fight, and Mhairi had to handle this one. Even though she wanted to step up and say something, she didn’t. Another bite was taken instead.

“How’ve you been Thomas?” she asked with genuine curiosity. The Nix had wanted to talk more with the mole, but he always seemed uncomfortable around her, and she didn’t want that. But he was a curious Lost, and she liked knowing those around her.
    Treasured/Nix Wyrd●●●●

5. Likes Travisc06489 liked this post
    S
    Sasha

The Fairest wasn't like Katrin, she couldn't stair down certain looks at people. However, she could sense when people were throwing shade at each other left and right. It wasn't long after that Circe and Donovan did arrive.

Smiling at the proper bow from the mole, the Dancer curtsied, even though she had no skirt on. "Hello again, Thomas. Glad to see you." The man seemed to sweet, she sort of wondered what was in store for him in their Freehold.

She beamed at the Nix. "Thank you Sera. I don't often wear suits, but, someone says meeting and I feel the need to wear one." Chuckling softly, even though her own Courtly meetings were not that formal. For some reason, she felt the need to do so.

The Dancer kept her attention mostly on the other things going on when she greeted Quick . She did give him some eye contact upon seeing him, but a non-verbal small roll of the head to him, gesturing the Levinquick over her direction.

Striking Looks
    (Boyish Charm)
    Presence
    (Restless)
    Winter Mantle
    (Hush of snowfall, stray flurries)
    Dexterity
    (Lithe)
    Quick
    Mien

Quick is crowned with an ostentatious arc of hair that resembles a jagged bolt of lightning. He is very lithe and slightly taller than his Mask appears. His skin is a very pale shade of teal, and is covered in tiny filaments like cracks which glow an orange-red. The tips of his fingers and toes come to points, and his shoulders have hard, jagged projections growing from them.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Quick can't help but blink in response to Mhairi's cheery greeting. Maybe this evening isn't as ominous as he imagined it to be. That or the Autumn Queen likes to mislead. He politely puts up a hand to turn down the plate, even after Sera proclaims how good they are. "Thanks, but I've already eaten."

He's pulled even further from his expectations with Circe's loud proclamation. Hadn't the note said something about Alex being relieved of his duties? Everyone's good cheer seems to do this some disservice.

The Summer King seems to be one of the only somber patrons, and Quick can hardly blame him. At least he's well enough off to offer warm greetings. Quick won't push for more than that.

Sasha, on the other hand, seems to want something from him. Quick makes his way over, reserving some comment like 'what is it?' that might draw unwanted attention. Or just seem rude. He keeps eye contact with her, waiting to see what insight she has to offer.
    Elemental: Levinquick
    Wyrd ● | Health | Glamour | Willpower

Striking Looks 2 "Ethereal"
    Retainer
    (Angus (ensorcelled mortal))
    Ingrid
    Ingrid

Mein

Very much like her Mask. However, her skin takes on a more reflective, rubbery texture and she appears... thinner... with limbs that are slightly too long and thin for her general proportions. There is also faint traces of webbing between her fingers and toes.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Ingrid arrives, fashionably late. She is in street gear right now: jeans, running shoes, a baggy jumper with hoodie pulled over her head. She has a mundane job that does need to be worked at, after all. Her steps slow as she approaches and her animated face falls into neutral stillness.

"Hi! Hope you didn't start without me." Even her voice sounds flat. She spares a nod for Sera, her fellow Emerald Courtier. All the others receive a group nod.

Date Action Roll Result
    2017-09-02 19:45:37 Ingrid to catch the vibe rolls 6 to Wits + Empathy (10 Again) 10, 10, 9, 4, 2, 3, 10, 6, 6 4 successes

Fingers stray to her temple, rubbing it. She can feel the volatile mixture of emotions. For once, her gaze strays back the way she had come.

Too late.

"Lev, I think we are going to have a discussion about changes in the management team. And some of the things that bought it all about." Her eyes zing to Alexander and Mhairi. Funnily enough they also find their way to Sasha as well. At last they make their breezy way to the lion-man.
    Darkling: Palewraith |Spring Mantle 3 (Heady scent of plums)
    WYRD 3| Health: 7| Willpower: 5 | Glamour: 7| Striking Looks 2: "Ethereal"

9. Likes , Travisc06489 liked this post
    Presence
    (Quiet Confidence)
    Striking Looks
    (Mesmerizing Eyes)
    Autumn's Regalia
    (Autumn Mantle)
    Fashion
    (Contacts, Status)
    Mhairi Ankaa

Mask

A slim girl, with raven black hair and grey-blue eyes. She likes wearing silver nail polish.
    Mien

Her skin; like moonlight captured. Quicksilver drips from her fingers, burning up before it lands. Motes of fell fire escape her eyes. In her hair, a galaxy, forming constellations which mimic the sky, changing with the Seasons.
    Mantle

Fear made manifest, Autumn's Regalia embraces the Wisp, as if she is Dread's most blessed daughter.
    Pledges & Other Things

Pledges

Autumn Queen Oath

Plot Stats

Fairy Floss
    Defense: 3 +1
    Heath: Willpower
    Glamour:

House Call
    Defense: 3 +1
    Heath: Willpower
    Glamour:
    HS Choker+1 Defense, -1g. Sparation3 -1g

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••
    Ask-wee-da-eed Telluric

Mhairi head tilts, and her fell-flames flicker, "No, you're not making me uneasy. I just thought you'd want moderators. Witnesses." she says looking at the plastic-man, "But we can still get together, just the two of us, if you want."

"Circe! Hey!" at the appearance of the Summer elf, "Have a cookie!" her cookie plate lighter then Mhairi thought it would be by now, which made the wisp smile. Apparently she wasn't a shitty baker.

A smile as Lev takes her up on her offer, "Apparently they are." nodding to the quickly disappearing cookies.

"Well, this is a meeting to answer some questions and alleviate some concerns." Mhairi answers Lev.

Then smiles at Ingrid as she makes are appearance, fashionably late. "Nope," Mhairi says, eyeing the pale wraith, wondering why she was in a hoodie. She hadn't seen Ingrid in anything like that before. "Wanted to wait for you and a few others." of which only Donovan was still missing.

Mhairi nods, as Ingrid speaks, answering Lev. The wisp turns to the platform the Ferris Wheel's on, and sets her plate of cookies on it. Available to anyone who still wanted one, but out of her hands. Since it seems like they were actually getting started. Mhairi thought it best that she wasn't still holding cookies. "Exactly. In July, I removed Mister Brown as my Groundskeeper and I posted an announcement about it. I realized that it was all rather abrupt, so tonight's to talk about it." Mhairi says, "And, since no one came to me about the position, I've made my decision on who's going to be taking the empty spot in the hierarchy."

Mhairi moves her hand, and gestures to the Vernal Monarch, "Ingrid and I spoke and she agreed to be my new Groundskeeper."

Giving that a moment to sink in, "So. Uh, anyone have any questions? Feel free to ask."
    Currently Just a Simple Shade Shard~

11. Likes Travisc06489 liked this post
    Bump Yumyumcrow "Bump" this post
    Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Merit-Striking Looks (exotic)
    Mein:

Her skin turns a slate-blue and her hair bone white. The whites of her eyes are blood red, the irises are purple with cat-slit black pupils. The helix of her ears elongate out 2" inches ending in a tip. Her features sharpen and her figure has an unnatural, inhuman litheness that can be intellectually disturbing.
    Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

Her skin brings to mind Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, or Asian races, though her high cheek bones and sharp facial structure don't match. Most assume she is of mixed ancestry given the pale blonde hair. Alias Mary Maniscalo.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Circe raises her glass along with Lev, "Cheers indeed." She popped a piece of popcorn in her mouth as she thought on the question. "Eh, well first I'm Circe so nice to meet ya," the Italian accented elf kept talking, "second the, nice, short answer is political drama," she laughed out the last part. Then she got more serious, "Long answer, I think Alex is a sorta powerful in mortal circles and Mhairi got paranoid, power assertive, or something about stuff. Pretty much push and push back. As for the civility," Circe could only shrug, "Eh, ain't sure, I know the Summers here most. I'd put down money that Alex won't be the first to start violence, he's got this gentleman thing goin'." She then gave a mock gasp of shock,"No Sera, you could not hate cotton candy, could you? Say it ain't so."

4 suxx vibes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2017-09-02 23:24:55 Circe rolls 4 to Wits + Empathy feel the vibe (10 Again) 1, 6, 10, 10, 8, 8 4 successes

She took a sip of red juice, "As for what'll happen, I figure it'll go one of three ways. Civil like mortals with a rational solution that please nobody but works. Boring short term, good long term." She popped another popcorn kernel into her mouth, "Other two got more potential for pass the popcorn moments. Either A," another kernel crunched as she pointed with the tip of the bottle at Mhairi and then Alex, "they shout out each other like the idiots in San Fran, which is kinda like kids on a playground. No good for them holding office, but fun to watch. Or B," some more popcorn was crunched. "Urk" And the elf thumps her chest as she starts having a massive coughing fit.

"Ugh, that went down wrong,"
    she coughs a couple more times before taking a sip to clean her throat. "Ugh, yeah B'd be romcom where they go from shouting to Frenching. At least that'd be fanculo funny," Circe laughs loudly.

When Mhairi explain her decision, Circe decides to roll with her humor by raising her hand. "Yeah I got questions about the why a pink slip. But I already got, surprisingly civil, answers from Alex on that one. I'll let somebody else ask. Just, you sovereigns are NOT embracing that Byzantine political bullshit from San Fran, right?"
    Fairest: Larcenist | WYRD 2| Mantle: Dry Desert Heat |Health: 8 | Willpower: 5 | Glamour: 7

L
    Lev

Lev’s reaction to Sera’s words was a wince you would imagine a man getting a painful electric jolt would do. His eyes quickly darted from side to side. He even looked behind, clearly being very tense. After this strange display the Beast relaxed slightly, and answered in a clearly embarrassed voice: “Lev… a pleasure…”

After his response, the Beast made his retreat in long strides, expecting people to act as if nothing has happened. At least that’s the way it was back home.

Ingrid’s explanation came out of nowhere, but was short and to the point, and Lev thanked her with a nod.

“Evening, Ingrid.”

After that Circe went into the directors cut, explaining the minutia. Lev’s face became longer with every word.

“So, politics. Why am I here again? I don’t really care unless the Freehold crashes and burns. And why have spectators? This does not look like democracy to me. A decision was made, buts changed chairs, whoop-de-doo.”

Lev did not like politicking for two reasons. First, he considered the act an inherently deceitful one, with an honest person unable to reach an meaningful heights. Secondly, he was bad at it, especially after his Durance, and the intricacies of political maneuvering just eluded him.

After Circe mentioned that local politics could become even more complicated, the Beast just emmited an audible groan.

A
    Alexander Brown

Initially, the small-framed elf escapes his sight, resurfacing beside Lev, who looks even bigger in comparison. A nod and a smile is offered to Circe, but the gun on her person stands out, an unlikely choice for a meeting such as this. And, as much as he appreciates the forward-thinking and healthy pessimism, the Summer King is also concerned and worried how the others are going to take it - because the last thing he'd like them to think is that Summer is about to start a coup. Thankfully, though, no one but Thomas seems to pay much attention to this detail. Still, for the Mole-Man's sake Alex's face remains blank and expressionless, as if he pays the piece no mind.

2 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2017-09-03 13:28:06 Alexander Brown rolls 8 to Conceal emotions (Comp + Subterfuge + Blessing) (10 Again) 5, 5, 8, 2, 3, 3, 8, 4 2 successes

Sasha, Seraphina and Quick seem to be focused mostly on each other, and there's no need to intrude on the snippets of conversation flowing around him. When the show starts, he'll be able to address them all he wants. In another development, Ingrid appears, another casually-outfitted figure. She and Circe get to explaining the purpose of this meeting to the Lion Man, and the gunrunner does this in a way that makes him chuckle under his breath. For someone not interested in the workings of politics, she can still gauge them pretty well.

"Wonderful" Alex says when Mhairi entertains the possibility of them meeting alone "You know how to find me" Her description of other people's role in the meeting is curious, to say the least. Witnesses? Does she think he wants to murder her? That he has any use for her dead?

He gives the Wisp a listen. So Ingrid's the acting Groundskeeper? The fact that the position is technically filled complicates things a little... but not beyond repair.

"Actually, I have a couple of questions if you don't mind"
    He makes a step forward, then another "First, have you collected any evidence of my treason, the existence of which you were so certain that it pushed you to issue a sentence of banishment? Second, can you please state, for the record, the reason that led you directly to believe I am not fit to fill the role of Groundskeeper? Third, do you believe it prudent to outline the proceedings of a Leadership meeting, dramatic as they were, almost two months after the fact, rather than as soon as possible? And finally fourth - how many candidates have approached you about the position on their own volition, and were not approached by you first?"

He is facing the Autumn Queen directly, pushing the surroundings aside. Her face is the center of the Darkling's vision as he awaits answers.

And Donovan is still nowhere to be seen.

Page 2 of 7 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... Last
Closed Thread