Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

Dead Leaves and Wet Earth

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 3 of 3 First 1 2 3
    Presence
    (Quiet Confidence)
    Striking Looks
    (Mesmerizing Eyes)
    Autumn's Regalia
    (Autumn Mantle)
    Fashion
    (Contacts, Status)
    Mhairi Ankaa

Mask

A slim girl, with raven black hair and grey-blue eyes. She likes wearing silver nail polish.
    Mien

Her skin; like moonlight captured. Quicksilver drips from her fingers, burning up before it lands. Motes of fell fire escape her eyes. In her hair, a galaxy, forming constellations which mimic the sky, changing with the Seasons.
    Mantle

Fear made manifest, Autumn's Regalia embraces the Wisp, as if she is Dread's most blessed daughter.
    Pledges & Other Things

Pledges

Autumn Queen Oath

Plot Stats

Fairy Floss
    Defense: 3 +1
    Heath: Willpower
    Glamour:

House Call
    Glamour:
    HS Choker+1 Defense, -1g. Sparation3 -1g

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••
    Ask-wee-da-eed Telluric

"I don't think we have a right to do either. They're wonderful free, ignore people. We don't have a right to make them feel a certain way, or make sure events are aligned so they feel a certain way just so we can sup on those feelings. But we do it anyway, so we can fuel our stolen magic." Mhairi said her piece, she had wrestled with Glamour at first and getting it, then she struggled with the nature of Fear and how to dine on her then-new Court's Emotion. It was something every single Lost needed to deal with.

"Yes." she nods, "I didn't think I could do it, but to trust in the Wyrd....I had too. Or I'd have been a nervous wreck that couldn't get anything done." The joking lines leave her face as her fell-flames flicker, smolder. She nods. She hopes, dearly, desperately that Rick was dead, the alternative was just to horrible to contemplate.

"Good!" the smile appears once more upon her face, a tiny spark ignited once again. Pleased that Thomas understood Fear and the hunger for fae knowledge, it wasn't one or the other. It was both.

The bow gets a smile, and her fell-flames flicker merrily, "Well then Page Land, is there anything else you wanted to talk about?"
    Currently Just a Simple Shade Shard~

2. Likes unlimited sink liked this post
    Presence
    (Furtive)
    Autumn Mantle
    (Scent of Wet Dirt)
    Archive
    (Changeling Lore, Hedge Lore)
    Status
    (MS: Library Science)
    Contacts
    (Academia)
    Thomas Land

Beast: Cleareyes

Mien

Thomas’s true face leaves no doubt as to his seeming. Indeed, his appearence is more mole than human. His whole head comes to the fleshly point of an elongated nose. His hair or more properly fur is dark brown and travels down his forehead and cheeks, stopping just before his pink nose. His eyes are smaller, beadier. His back is more hunched, he’s shorter, and his body and limbs seem thicker. His hands and feet are larger and tipped with dirt-caked claws.
    Mask

Thomas is an unassuming, middle-aged man, standing at just over 5’5” with a hunch to his back. Despite his slight stature, he still has a stocky build with something of a barrel chest and thick arms and legs. His dark blond hair is thinning and messy atop his large head. His blue eyes are set wide apart and slightly asymmetrical. Wire-rimmed glasses perch high on the bridge of a pointy nose. His attire is generically professorial: tweed jackets, slacks, button-up shirts, ties, and sweaters.
    Mantle

Thomas’s mantle manifests as a pervasive smell of wet earth. There always seems to be a dead leaf or two, wet and brown, stuck to his person.

PRE

Thomas wants to agree with the Autumn Queen, very much. But, he's not quite sure. Deep down, there's a smoldering pit of envy in him. A place where he longs for the easy, carefree lives of others. And, incapable of enjoying such a life, Thomas spites them. It is this spite that tempts him, always, to move beyond simply harvesting the fear of those around him. Oh, how sweet it would be, to make those underserving of their happiness, their contentedness, afraid...

The Mole-Man focuses on Mhairi once again, forcing his mind from these thoughts. Such things are best contemplated in the middle of the night, alone, among one's books. Not before the Director of the Freehold.

"Hm-hmmmmmm, well--I am most, yes, pleased to find you as my Queen, and director as well. I, certainly, do look forward to working with you." Her use of his new title makes him puff up with pride again. "And, well, it is my sincere, my sincerest, hope that I don't let you down."

At her cue, the little man stands, brushing some imagined bit of grime from his jacket. "No--no, I am quite, yes, satisfied with our meeting. Thank you, Mhairi, for your time. You must come visit my collection--and soon." With that, another awkward bow is offered, something akin to an exaggeration of his already hunched back. "I'll, hm, leave you to it now. Please feel free to contact me any time." A business card is extracted from his jacket pocket and handed over. It lists his pertinent details.

"Until we, hm, meet again!" With that, he will depart (unless stopped), out into the uncomfortable heat of a summer day. Leaving the Autumn Queen to her own designs.

All good to wrap if you are!

4. Likes liked this post
    Presence
    (Quiet Confidence)
    Striking Looks
    (Mesmerizing Eyes)
    Autumn's Regalia
    (Autumn Mantle)
    Fashion
    (Contacts, Status)
    Mhairi Ankaa

Mask

A slim girl, with raven black hair and grey-blue eyes. She likes wearing silver nail polish.
    Mien

Her skin; like moonlight captured. Quicksilver drips from her fingers, burning up before it lands. Motes of fell fire escape her eyes. In her hair, a galaxy, forming constellations which mimic the sky, changing with the Seasons.
    Mantle

Fear made manifest, Autumn's Regalia embraces the Wisp, as if she is Dread's most blessed daughter.
    Pledges & Other Things

Pledges

Autumn Queen Oath

Plot Stats

Fairy Floss
    Glamour:

House Call
    Glamour:
    HS Choker+1 Defense, -1g. Sparation3 -1g

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••
    Ask-wee-da-eed Telluric

"I look forward to working with you too Page Land." another smile is offered to the mole-man, "I"m sure you wont."

A nod, "Yes, I do want to see your collection, and soon! If that's alright," fell-flames flicker, "I know Ingrid, the Spring Darkling, wants to see it too. She's a Spring, yes, but she hungers, Desires knowledge, nearly as much as we do."

With a grin Mhairi does a credible curtsy, as she takes the card, "Until next time Sir Page."

Watching him leave she nods, and offers him a drippy fingered wave.

As the mole-man leaves the Hollow, Mhairi turns to the Sprights sure that she needs to talk to them again about not getting into any mischief against their newest Autumn. Even if he didn't have the Oath, it was a Herculean effort to be certain to get them to realize that the Oath wouldn't be taken anymore, so they didn't have to cry every time the mole-man wanted to make use of the Autumn Commons.

This was really fun! Thanks for another great scene!
    Currently Just a Simple Shade Shard~

6. Likes unlimited sink liked this post
Page 3 of 3 First 1 2 3
Closed Thread