Distinctive Voice
    (Angelic)
    New Identity
    (Sarah Jones)
    Mantle (Spring)
    (In Mini Sheet)
    Seraphina

Mien

Softly shimmering gold flakes catch the light whenever she moves, delicate gilded gold and diamond scales extenuate the rare greenish blue color of her aquamarine eyes. In the right light, or when her mood changes, her eyes seem to illuminate from within, it’s a very gentle glow. This is the ocean lives in Sera's eyes. The scales trail up to her temples and forehead. Her hair reaches down her back, brushing the ground, spun silver and emerald. Perfectly placed tiny pearls can be seen woven throughout her hair. Very fine diamond dust falls loose from her hair when she moves, reflecting rainbows from the light. The scales on her hands are dulled by the simple fact that her hands are translucent. There is an iridescent scale like skin that pulls delicately up from her ears. The membrane shimmers and has three curly points.
    Seraphina

Fairest

Nix/Treasured
    Mantle

Cherry blossoms gilded in gold bloom from her hair, tumbling down as a warm rejuvenating spring breeze gently kisses the air with the scent of freshly cut grass. The sound of birds singing can be heard as the wildflowers grow and bloom in vibrant colors where she walks, swaying and lively in the breeze.
    Sera's hands and lower legs are translucent while the rest of her has cracks
    Seraphina

Mask
    A fairly tall woman, roughly 5'11 with long, wavy dark brown hair. Her eyes are an intense, deep bright blue, reminding one of sapphires. Her lips are full and her skin is flawless. With that perfection comes a body that men fawn and drool over, and women envy.

Health Tracker

Haunted House
    Items

Hedgespun Items

Tear dropped shaped pendant, form fitted waterfall jacket

Misc.

-3 to any rolls involving Presence
    Seraphina Scenes

Dreaming, -1 WP to analyze, WP to hold Dream together, Dreamscape
      -1 Glamour into Wyrdstone

+2
    SL
    +2
    DV
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••••
    Treasured Nix

There was a smile and nod to Circe at the offer. Sera wasn’t sure if she would ever have to use those skills she acquired for her Master, she kind of hoped not to have to. But the thought of using a loud weapon just didn’t appeal to her.

But hey, it was good to know Alex wasn’t all about the titles.

Sera thought it went without saying that you watched what you said around humans. But she was curious as to what he was going to say about it, what he considered core expressions. Maybe there were some she didn’t know.

And then there was another new face! Damn, Freehold gets a theme park and every Lost starts to show up. Taking his boyish charm, the Nix smiles, “Hi James, I’m Seraphina, or just Sera. Do you prefer James or Quick?” she asks, her voice angelic and friendly.

A wide smile was offered to Sasha, “Great! We’ll have to sit down and talk when you have the time.” This was going to be fun! Working with another Season?! Especially another Season that was easy going.

A nod was then offered to Mhairi, “Excellent point,” she agrees before looking to the other Springs, “We can setup a time to meet and talk about if you guys want. Maybe get something to eat and bring it back here or something.” Best get it out of the way sooner rather than later.
    Treasured/Nix Wyrd●●●●

2. Likes Travisc06489 liked this post
    Striking Looks 2 "Ethereal"
    Retainer
    (Angus (ensorcelled mortal))
    Ingrid
    Ingrid

Mein

Very much like her Mask. However, her skin takes on a more reflective, rubbery texture and she appears... thinner... with limbs that are slightly too long and thin for her general proportions. There is also faint traces of webbing between her fingers and toes.

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Its a fun park, after dark. We weirdos have the run of it now. It helps that some of us are in management positions... And we're just chatting about the site's future. You know. Plans. Wheels within wheels. Dreams. All the fun stuff."

The ethereal beauty smiled, tilting her head to one side she could totally check out the young man with his boyish charms Quick Travisc06489 . Of course, doing so also totally let her inspect the shape of his shadow, long and stretched out behind him.

"Does that sort of thing interest you... Quick?"

Ingrid added once she was satisfied that another wayward Lost had found their group.

Her eyes shifted back to Alexander.

"I'd be happy to go over the clubspeak. Nice to know we are all working from the same page."

Her eyes bounced back to Quick, briefly, and then onto Circe and Mhairi as the talk focussed on Lost who had recently passed through.
    Darkling: Palewraith |Spring Mantle 3 (Heady scent of plums)
    WYRD 3| Health: 7| Willpower: 5 | Glamour: 7| Striking Looks 2: "Ethereal"

4. Likes Travisc06489 liked this post
    Striking Looks
    (Boyish Charm)
    Presence
    (Restless)
    Winter Mantle
    (Hush of snowfall, stray flurries)
    Dexterity
    (Lithe)
    Quick
    Mien

Quick is crowned with an ostentatious arc of hair that resembles a jagged bolt of lightning. He is very lithe and slightly taller than his Mask appears. His skin is a very pale shade of teal, and is covered in tiny filaments like cracks which glow an orange-red. The tips of his fingers and toes come to points, and his shoulders have hard, jagged projections growing from them.

+1
    SL
    PRE

As his attention shifts to the purple-eyed one, he notices the chill in the air around her. Somewhat faint from where he's standing, but demanding none the less. Winter, then. "New territory? What happened to the last place, then?" He leaves the bit about Courts aside. He's sure he'll learn what he needs as the conversation continues.

His eyes fall next on the girl with the cosmic hair. "Hi, yourself." Her 'perfume' catches him next. A damp, leafy smell. So this one's an Autumn, and now we have a pattern. Quick had passed through places with different Courts of different styles, but here its Seasons. Sort of beautiful, in a way. Compared to his Durance, where primal weather resembled nothing of what he'd come to expect from seasons, the passing of seasons is something he'd never thought he would miss.

One after another, the theme solidifies. Circe next, giving off a dry heat. Almost unnoticeable compared to the Winter's.

Full circle, Spring follows with a flowery smell from glitter-girl. "Quick works." He smiles, but it fades on his face. He really isn't James anymore. Neither was that thing waiting for him when he escaped. "And I guess I'm calling you Sera. It's easier to say." His smile returns.

And plums? Gotta be plums. One of his favorites, though he'd liked them for their color as a child. Another Spring, he would guess. "Me? I don't know if I'd fit. No 'perfume' to speak of." He glances around at the assembled group again, taking them all in. Friends would be a nice change of pace - leading people is another story.

The girl who hadn't had anything to say to him break the theme, somewhat. The one with the classic features smells almost like a swimming pool. His mind drifts to images of sculpted bodies tanning in the Summer, but he'd probably have to ask.

Which leaves Mr. Plastic. A Summer, after observation. Quick wonders if he has anything to add.
    Elemental: Levinquick
    Wyrd ● | Health | Glamour | Willpower

6. Likes Origins liked this post
    A
    Alexander Brown

Shortly after he's finished speaking, some new guy has showed up. His mask is firmly strapped to his face, however, so there's no telling how he really looks. Is it caution or distrust that made him do it? Or maybe something entirely more sinister?

"Yes, in the light of past events we like to be cautious. I'm sure you can understand the need, seeing as you hide your true appearance to the people that will soon be your neighbors." There might be a slight hint of an accusation in this sentence, thin and steely like a knife's edge. "And this" a broad hand gesture towards the people around them and their surroundings. "This is what rebuilding a Temple of Jerusalem looks like."

Alexander was glad the offer of Cubspeak 101 didn't set any eyes rolling and even got backing from the Winter Notary. Reinforced with this knowledge, he glanced quickly towards each end every of the new arrivals. Perhaps a thick lexicon would have its own air of authority here, but Changelings were a practical lot.

"Like Mhairi said, it's about common sense. So wneh you reference the Gentry you can use the pronoun "Them" and everyone here will know what you're talking about. The clubs were already covered so that leaves "backyard" for Hollow, "Hiking Trail" for a Trod, 'Wonderland" or "Disneyland" for either Hedge or Arcadia, and if you reference your time there, you do so like recalling a dream. A fetch is "evil twin" in clubspeak. Glamour is "fuel", and warrants appropriate expressions like "running on fumes" or the like. Back when I first came here it was suggested that if the word slips, you can hide it by referencing a magazine of the eponymous title. Goblin Markets are "Yard Sales" or "Flea Markets"."

A hailstorm of words. A blizzard of expressions.

"That about covers it. Questions?"

Circe had one, although not in any way related.

"I'm from San Francisco myself. As far as I'm aware the people I mostly rolled with either stayed there or moved further south, beyond the border."

The inquiry of Quick, the one about previous Freehold commons is a touchy subject, he guessed. But it needed to be adressed, especially since that scaly mo-fo was history.

"The old Freehold territory was blazed by a dragon. He is worm food now."
    That probably sounded awesome, to casually admit to slaying a dragon, even though Alexander's part in this undertaking was very small.

"Which reminds me, Quick - where are you from? What brings you to the River City?"

S
    Sasha

"Brigid, I should give you the address and my phone number, that way it will make it simpler later when we meet." The Onyx smile kindly to the Wizened. For herself, trusting someone so new was foreign, but she was giving it a shot. Pulling a small notebook from her pocket and a pen, she jotted it down and handed it to Brigid.

With all the talk about the veiled speaking, which are essentially euphemisms, the Fairest didn't understand why this was such an issue everyone was hinging upon. She would think that it would be second nature for most by now. She knew it was mentioned as a precautionary to new residents, and just a reminder. So it was a bit concerning to the Onyx. "I think what Alexander is trying to say, and what Mhairi mentioned earlier, is that everyone can find variations of their own way of talking about the Freehold or other various things without having to memorize anything like that. Just be cautious about how you talk out in public is all."

Sasha nodded to Mhairi as it was mentioned that the Springs needed a Queen. This time, she'd let them sort it out. Last time didn't seem to work so well. Because soon 'suggestion' turned into courts butting in to other courts and that wasn't the Fairest's style. Yet, Let Every Court Know Its Function was a tome of her own Court. "It's good to see Spring growing to a trio! I do hope more people venture into our Freehold and we can finally start rebuilding not just with land and buildings, but with Lost too."

B
    Brigid McCarthy

Remaining silent (for sometimes that was the very best way an assistant could be), Brigid observed the interactions between the man calling himself Quick & James (Quick James?) and the others, especially how it seemed the Groundskeeper, Alexander, answered the question regarding 'club speak'. The way he took the brunt of the conversation, along with his probing questions of what brought both herself and James to Sacramento, seemed telling to the Wizened. A play for power, perhaps?

Her thoughts retracted as the Queen of Winter, Sasha, spoke directly to the Wizened, offering her a note detailing her address and phone number. Taking it with a slight bow with her bony fingers, Brigid folded it safely away into her purse. "Thank you, Queen Sasha. I shall contact you within the next few days and be available whenever you wish it." A job would keep her busy, and busy was good. It kept her own Desires in check and more importantly, her Own.

"Actually, if I may be so bold, and I apologise if this is thought of as rude, which is not my intent, but how does one become a fully-bound member of the Freehold?" It was a simple question. If Brigid gained anything from the evening, this was paramount in her mind.

Striking Looks 2 "Ethereal"
    Retainer
    (Angus (ensorcelled mortal))
    Ingrid
    Ingrid

Mein

Very much like her Mask. However, her skin takes on a more reflective, rubbery texture and she appears... thinner... with limbs that are slightly too long and thin for her general proportions. There is also faint traces of webbing between her fingers and toes.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Ingrid listened as the conversation wound around her.

"Makes sense," she agreed with Alexander but stopped short of fully endorsing his opinions.

"I'm from points north," the Darkling added. She lapsed quickly into silence as the fate of the previous Freehold was outlined.

"Thats a good point, Brigid," Ingrid dropped in quietly. "How does one becoming recognised around here? Is it all about figuring out the signs and getting in here after hours? Or do we have a secret handshake?"
    Darkling: Palewraith |Spring Mantle 3 (Heady scent of plums)
    WYRD 3| Health: 7| Willpower: 5 | Glamour: 7| Striking Looks 2: "Ethereal"

Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Merit-Striking Looks (exotic)
    Mein:

Her skin turns a slate-blue and her hair bone white. The whites of her eyes are blood red, the irises are purple with cat-slit black pupils. The helix of her ears elongate out 2" inches ending in a tip. Her features sharpen and her figure has an unnatural, inhuman litheness that can be intellectually disturbing.
    Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

Her skin brings to mind Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, or Asian races, though her high cheek bones and sharp facial structure don't match. Most assume she is of mixed ancestry given the pale blonde hair. Alias Mary Maniscalo.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Quick asked a good question about what happened to old turf. "I think I'm getting the hang of this club speak stuff. So I guess that'd mean I have a dry perfume then? Is that right Quick?"

Her left ear quirked in curiosity as Alex made his analogy to Jerusalem. It seemed odd to Circe, even if she gave lip service to faith out of tradition she thought the term was curious. "Yeah Alex, I'm definitely getting the hang of your club speak. Just don't make it obscure and follow standards, makes sense. And uh," Alex was from San Fran? "If you're also from there then you knew of Queen Anne, right Alex? Hope you didn't like her 'cause karma is caught up to her," courtesy of those she'd wronged, "Sorry to hear not many stayed. My condolences for the losses you had," she nodded solemnly, "and respect for the dragon slaying."

Sasha wanted to get more Lost huh? Wait, didn't that mean she wanted to: get Lost? That made Circe giggle. Then Brigid asked a really good question. "Good question Brigid," might as well make it clear she was curious too.
    Fairest: Larcenist | WYRD 2| Mantle: Dry Desert Heat |Health: 8 | Willpower: 5 | Glamour: 7

Presence
    (Furtive)
    Autumn Mantle
    (Scent of Wet Dirt)
    Archive
    (Changeling Lore, Hedge Lore)
    Status
    (MS: Library Science)
    Contacts
    (Academia)
    Thomas Land

Beast: Cleareyes

Mien

Thomas’s true face leaves no doubt as to his seeming. Indeed, his appearence is more mole than human. His whole head comes to the fleshly point of an elongated nose. His hair or more properly fur is dark brown and travels down his forehead and cheeks, stopping just before his pink nose. His eyes are smaller, beadier. His back is more hunched, he’s shorter, and his body and limbs seem thicker. His hands and feet are larger and tipped with dirt-caked claws.
    Mask

Thomas is an unassuming, middle-aged man, standing at just over 5’5” with a hunch to his back. Despite his slight stature, he still has a stocky build with something of a barrel chest and thick arms and legs. His dark blond hair is thinning and messy atop his large head. His blue eyes are set wide apart and slightly asymmetrical. Wire-rimmed glasses perch high on the bridge of a pointy nose. His attire is generically professorial: tweed jackets, slacks, button-up shirts, ties, and sweaters.
    Mantle

Thomas’s mantle manifests as a pervasive smell of wet earth. There always seems to be a dead leaf or two, wet and brown, stuck to his person.

PRE

"Hm-hmmmmm," the little Mole-Man fusses to himself as he hunches through the darkness of after-hours Funderland. Peering here and there about himself in a fretful fashion.

This has to be the place. All the signs were there. Plain to see. But where are they? And that's when Thomas turns a corner, spotting the gathered Changelings of the Sacramento Freehold. For a moment he freezes, a purely animal reaction to being startled. Then, slowly, as if forcing himself to become human again, he plucks the glasses off his distended mole's nose and wipes them with a handkerchief pulled from the pocket of his tweed jacket. Glasses and handkerchief replaced, he begins to advance.

Clawed hands--made for digging in the earth--smooth imagined wrinkles from his coat. An unconscious tick. Finally, Thomas comes to a stop at what he figures is a polite distance from the group.

"Uh-hum," he clears his throat to announce himself. "Yes. Well. Yes, good evening. Hello everyone. So sorry to interrupt." And then, after a pause and a little start, as if he's surprised himself with his own rudeness, he adds: "I am Thomas Land. A--yes--I suppose I'm a new arrival."

Very smooth, Thomas. Yes. Very charming indeed, he castigates himself, glancing furtively from face to face, noting the number of achingly beautiful people in attendance tonight.

Seraphina
    Presence
    (Magnetic)
    Striking Looks
    (Enthralling)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Angelic)
    New Identity
    (Sarah Jones)
    Mantle (Spring)
    (In Mini Sheet)
    Seraphina

Mien

Softly shimmering gold flakes catch the light whenever she moves, delicate gilded gold and diamond scales extenuate the rare greenish blue color of her aquamarine eyes. In the right light, or when her mood changes, her eyes seem to illuminate from within, it’s a very gentle glow. This is the ocean lives in Sera's eyes. The scales trail up to her temples and forehead. Her hair reaches down her back, brushing the ground, spun silver and emerald. Perfectly placed tiny pearls can be seen woven throughout her hair. Very fine diamond dust falls loose from her hair when she moves, reflecting rainbows from the light. The scales on her hands are dulled by the simple fact that her hands are translucent. There is an iridescent scale like skin that pulls delicately up from her ears. The membrane shimmers and has three curly points.
    Seraphina

Fairest

Nix/Treasured
    Mantle

Cherry blossoms gilded in gold bloom from her hair, tumbling down as a warm rejuvenating spring breeze gently kisses the air with the scent of freshly cut grass. The sound of birds singing can be heard as the wildflowers grow and bloom in vibrant colors where she walks, swaying and lively in the breeze.
    Sera's hands and lower legs are translucent while the rest of her has cracks
    Seraphina

Mask
    A fairly tall woman, roughly 5'11 with long, wavy dark brown hair. Her eyes are an intense, deep bright blue, reminding one of sapphires. Her lips are full and her skin is flawless. With that perfection comes a body that men fawn and drool over, and women envy.

Health Tracker

Haunted House
    Items

Hedgespun Items

Tear dropped shaped pendant, form fitted waterfall jacket

Misc.

-3 to any rolls involving Presence
    Seraphina Scenes

Dreaming, -1 WP to analyze, WP to hold Dream together, Dreamscape
      -1 Glamour into Wyrdstone

+2
    SL
    +2
    DV
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••••
    Treasured Nix

Sapphires look back over to Quick, “We had a slight dragon problem. And by problem I mean he attacked our last place, The Four Seasons. Some Lost perished in the attack, but were not forgotten. We only just recently, like, very recently, took him out. And we are now rebuilding.” That was the quick, ha, version. Mhairi or L’aire could fill in more details if asked.

Smiling, “Then Quick it is.” And she totally understood about Sera being easier to say. She could have picked an easier name, but that wasn’t fun, plus, she could make up fun stories about her name to humans.

“Of course you fit!”
    she says to Quick, no Season didn’t not make him a Lost. He just didn’t know which Season fit best with him, nothing wrong with that.

As Alex began explain the whole club speak thing, she realized it was just as he said, common sense. So it was nothing new to her, terms she already used.

Shaking her head, “No questions from me, seems pretty straight forward and like you guys said, common sense. Thanks for mentioning it.” She meant it, sometimes people didn’t know and instead of asking risked them all. So maybe it helped someone, if not, nothing wrong with talking about it.

And seemed like Sasha was doing her thing, helping Brigid. It was weird in a way, to see a Winter being so welcoming and helpful. Sera had come across a few in her time who wouldn’t help those not of their Season. Seeing it in action, and the help she had gotten, makes her respect the Winter even more. With how small their numbers were, they needed to help each other.

Grinning to the Winter, “More people would be great! And maybe the theme park is attracting more to us. I mean, look at how many have shown up tonight!” the Nix was obviously excited about the new faces that had shown up.

Brigid posed an interesting question, how was that going to work? Would they swear to Mhairi? Spring didn’t have a Queen yet, so Sera wasn’t sure. So she keeps quiet, to see what Mhairi or L’aire would say.

Sapphires turn to take in Thomas as he approached. The clawed hands were interesting, especially as they seemed to smooth his already smooth coat.

“Pleased to meet you Thomas, I’m Seraphina, or just Sera, either works for me. But welcome, and a good evening to you too.” Greets the Nix with a friendly smile.
    Treasured/Nix Wyrd●●●●

14. Likes Origins, unlimited sink, Travisc06489 liked this post
Page 6 of 8 First ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Last
Closed Thread