Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Merit-Striking Looks (exotic)
    Mein:

Her skin turns a slate-blue and her hair bone white. The whites of her eyes are blood red, the irises are purple with cat-slit black pupils. The helix of her ears elongate out 2" inches ending in a tip. Her features sharpen and her figure has an unnatural, inhuman litheness that can be intellectually disturbing.
    Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

Her skin brings to mind Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, or Asian races, though her high cheek bones and sharp facial structure don't match. Most assume she is of mixed ancestry given the pale blonde hair. Alias Mary Maniscalo.

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Well, guess if you're in charge then long live the queen and all that." After a pause she nodded her head towards Seraphine, "And Hell yes, we should be ensourselling the hired help. Or at least the ones that'd be a pain to keep shit hidden from. I don't think we are gonna have enough 'lings to do without the humans." A frown marred her face, "And if the hobs nearby are slavers then hiring from the Thorns would be a totally shit idea." She shrugged, "Besides, with the right pledgecraft the Wyrd can get a front business to be profitable."

Metaphors and talking freely? What did that have to do with the staff. "Uh...good to know you like metaphors I guess," Circe couldn't do anything to hide the confusion in her voice. And she stayed confused, "Assassins?" Oh, the gun, "Sorry to disappoint Sera but I'm just a gun runner, not a hitman," Circe's face gained a wicked smile, her ears perking up high. She proceeded to grab her own chest for emphasis, "I am really not a hitman."

She then gripped the railing she sat on again, amused at her own crude humor.

Circe did something new. She blushed as her ears drooped. "Uh, I uh did not abandon the market so much as abandon where most of my contacts are. I can still walk the walk but I gotta find the local trod, so to speak," her left ear twitched as she thought about it. "That was a bad metaphor. Whatever. I can still deal, just less quality and quantity then before."

She laughed, "That'd be a shit mix up alright Alex! Funny, well until the lawsuits start. Meh, maybe we'll bronze some Thompsons for display or something," the amusement turned to excitement, "But cazzo si, paintball sounds fun. Movie set pieces I ain't gonna be help with. I might know some people but people that can deliver that."

"But yeah Sasha, we could probably scrounge or mock up a backdrop. Like gangster or cowboy."

Contract crafting was a thing? "I too am curious. I know pledgecrafting is a thing, and same goes for mechanical shit, but Contracts? Making those is a new one on me."
    Fairest: Larcenist | WYRD 2| Mantle: Dry Desert Heat |Health: 8 | Willpower: 5 | Glamour: 7

Striking Looks 2 "Ethereal"
    Retainer
    (Angus (ensorcelled mortal))
    Ingrid
    Ingrid

Mein

Very much like her Mask. However, her skin takes on a more reflective, rubbery texture and she appears... thinner... with limbs that are slightly too long and thin for her general proportions. There is also faint traces of webbing between her fingers and toes.

+1
    SL
    PRE

A genuine smile breached the Darkling's dark lips.

"We can sure do that, Mhairi."

Turning toward Alexander: "Oh they are tools. And so much more! True magic. Our magic. Our lore. Each Contract is a tale and a bargain. I bet we've forgotten a lot and its waiting out there to be rediscovered. And yeah... In theory, we can make new Contracts. But its not easy. Each one is an epic quest and an epic piece of pledge craft. Only the very best or the very desperate can do it. There has to be a need for it; has to be a need to use that kind of desire... Right now? I just want to learn more."

Hunger lingered in her voice as she turned to Laire. "I'm totally for after dark entertainment! If we're going to run this thing, may as well make use of it fully, you know? It would help the money side of things too, if we could get this place known as an entertainment precinct and not just a fun park for the kiddies." Her glance slid back to Mhairi as she spoke.

More dubiously: "How many staff were you thinking of? Ensorcellment means pledges. Those are big, meaty things. They can get heavy when you have to ware them all the time. Who'd carry them all?" A shrug. "Maybe ensorcel key staff. Let them enforce the rules of where the rest can go. You know, if one thing the Other Side taught me is true, its that hierarchy has its place."

Back to Sera. "We can sure go and look for a site for our Wishing Well, Sera. Give us a chance to fully explore this place... Assuming you haven't already?" She turned a hope filled gaze on the Fairest.

And then to turn the conversation back to what the Darkling was actually interested in: "What about trods and major Gates? Any around here?"

Wide eyed curiosity: "Whats so bad about this local goblin market?"
    Darkling: Palewraith |Spring Mantle 3 (Heady scent of plums)
    WYRD 3| Health: 7| Willpower: 5 | Glamour: 7| Striking Looks 2: "Ethereal"

3. Likes liked this post
    Presence
    (Quiet Confidence)
    Striking Looks
    (Mesmerizing Eyes)
    Autumn's Regalia
    (Autumn Mantle)
    Fashion
    (Contacts, Status)
    Mhairi Ankaa

Mask

A slim girl, with raven black hair and grey-blue eyes. She likes wearing silver nail polish.
    Mien

Her skin; like moonlight captured. Quicksilver drips from her fingers, burning up before it lands. Motes of fell fire escape her eyes. In her hair, a galaxy, forming constellations which mimic the sky, changing with the Seasons.
    Mantle

Fear made manifest, Autumn's Regalia embraces the Wisp, as if she is Dread's most blessed daughter.
    Pledges & Other Things

Pledges

Autumn Queen Oath

Plot Stats

Fairy Floss
    Defense: 3 +1
    Heath: Willpower
    Glamour:

House Call
    Defense: 3 +1
    Heath: Willpower
    Glamour:
    HS Choker+1 Defense, -1g. Sparation3 -1g

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••
    Ask-wee-da-eed Telluric

There were so few of them, but still the conversations going this way and that had Mhairi a little crossed-eyed-err-cross-flamed?

Her fell-flames flicker as she ponders it.

She came back to the crossed crossed conversation to Sera's evilly inflected question about them needing assassins. The Leaden Queen snorts, but doesn't say anything. They were Lost, and as grim as it might sound sometimes an assassin or several were needed.

Mhairi's fell-flames flicker, and she nods quite enthusiastically along with Ingrid at this topic change. "Oh yes! I've dabbled in hedgespinning, and I've done some oneiromancy, but Contracts." her flames flicker, motes escaping with more speed then before. "Contracts are the soul of what we are now, without them, some of us - maybe even most of us wouldn't have been able to Get Out. I'm sure you've heard the stories, the creation of the Courts. To craft a new Contract...it would be a quest like that. Nearly impossible, save for that last kernel of knowledge, or that slice or desperation - like Ingrid said - but the craft a new Contract, or maybe renegotiate, add a Clause, or add on a Clause, or-oh!" Mahiri nearly squealed with the possibles. "Something like that..." she shakes her head, and nods. Understanding Ingrid's Desire to learn more, but it was that Desire that might have prevented the Darkling from finding a home within Autumn.

"That's why I'm asking, I don't to ensourcell everyone and their mother, but....maybe on Ensourcelled staff around, or operating the Seasonal attraction, and normal muggles for everything else."

Obviously Sasha's After Dark suggestion was a hit, Mhairi nodded along, with a smile,"I was thinking that, or at least special occasion nights. A kid friendly experience in the daytime, with something like a Murder Mystery Dinner or maybe just an amped up Haunted House for when when all the kids are safe in bed."

The Summers talk guns, and the newest one apparently sells them. Or runs them. Was there a difference? Oh, and apparently a hitmanwomen for hire too. Mhairi really didn't know what to think of this strange elf. But it looked liked Funderland was getting a paintball place.
    Currently Just a Simple Shade Shard~

5. Likes Origins, Yumyumcrow liked this post
    Seraphina
    Presence
    (Magnetic)
    Striking Looks
    (Enthralling)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Angelic)
    New Identity
    (Sarah Jones)
    Mantle (Spring)
    (In Mini Sheet)
    Seraphina

Mien

Softly shimmering gold flakes catch the light whenever she moves, delicate gilded gold and diamond scales extenuate the rare greenish blue color of her aquamarine eyes. In the right light, or when her mood changes, her eyes seem to illuminate from within, it’s a very gentle glow. This is the ocean lives in Sera's eyes. The scales trail up to her temples and forehead. Her hair reaches down her back, brushing the ground, spun silver and emerald. Perfectly placed tiny pearls can be seen woven throughout her hair. Very fine diamond dust falls loose from her hair when she moves, reflecting rainbows from the light. The scales on her hands are dulled by the simple fact that her hands are translucent. There is an iridescent scale like skin that pulls delicately up from her ears. The membrane shimmers and has three curly points.
    Seraphina

Fairest

Nix/Treasured
    Mantle

Cherry blossoms gilded in gold bloom from her hair, tumbling down as a warm rejuvenating spring breeze gently kisses the air with the scent of freshly cut grass. The sound of birds singing can be heard as the wildflowers grow and bloom in vibrant colors where she walks, swaying and lively in the breeze.
    Sera's hands and lower legs are translucent while the rest of her has cracks
    Seraphina

Mask
    A fairly tall woman, roughly 5'11 with long, wavy dark brown hair. Her eyes are an intense, deep bright blue, reminding one of sapphires. Her lips are full and her skin is flawless. With that perfection comes a body that men fawn and drool over, and women envy.

Health Tracker

Haunted House
    Items

Hedgespun Items

Tear dropped shaped pendant, form fitted waterfall jacket

Misc.

-3 to any rolls involving Presence
    Seraphina Scenes
      The Plunge!, Break Grapple

Dreaming, -1 WP to analyze, WP to hold Dream together, Dreamscape

+2
    SL
    +2
    DV
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••••
    Treasured Nix

Excited eyes move to Sasha, “Oh, that would be great! What type of events or activities were you thinking? Maybe something one night for a younger crowd and one night for an older crowd? Hit two big age groups. And if it’s unique enough, we’d stand out and it would draw more crowds.” Sounded good to her.

There was a small and brief clap of her hands as Alex agrees about the paintball, “That is going to be so much fun Alex!” she couldn’t wait to try it out.

A sly smile was offered to Circe, “Oh, I mentioned the Assassins cause I kind miss the job. Thought if we needed one I’d put my name out there.” Yeah, the pretty Nix used to kill those her Keeper wanted dead. Surprise!

Ah, so she had to build up her contacts. Made sense, new city, new Freehold.

At least she wasn’t the only one who was curious about what Ingrid said. She knew about contracts, but wasn’t sure about how crafting them worked.

Curious sapphires turn to the Darkling, eagerly listening as she spoke.

“Have to say Ingrid, you’ve gotten me curious and wanting to know more as well. I hope you’ll share knowledge as you uncover it.” Cause it sounded useful as hell to have.

“I’ve walked around a bit, and there are a few interesting spots that could work. But now that I’m not a Court of one, I’m interested to get your take on them. Or maybe some place I overlooked will catch your eye.” Plus it would give them a chance to talk more, get to know each other.

Smiling to Mhairi, “Oh, Murder Mystery? That sounds like it could be fun!”
    Treasured/Nix Wyrd●●●●

7. Likes Origins, liked this post
    B
    Brigid McCarthy

The cab journey from the airport had been smooth and without issue, apart from the general chit-chat that came from these times; talks about the weather, the swiftness of the months turning, the state of the country. Brigid simply nodded and smiled politely, as was her customary response to such matters that really didn't concern or, indeed, interest her. As the car pulled up outside Funderland, the Wizened looked at the park with a touch of...disappointment? Was she expecting something else, something more than a children's theme park? Possibly. Still, if this was the Freehold, then this is where she needed to be.

After paying her driver and collecting her suitcase and purse, Brigid entered the park and made her way through the rides until she heard some voices; a group of changelings in discussion. Quickly brushing her fingers over the necklace that was hidden beneath her white blouse, Brigid put on her most gracious smile as she headed over to join them, suitcase moving on its wheels across the concrete.

"Excuse my interruptions, kind ladies and gentleman, and good evening," the Wizened said, politely and with an air of servant, an automatic response to the chatelaine, offering a small bow to the group. "My name is Brigid McCarthy, a very recent arrival to your Freehold having landed from the Freehold of Chicago merely two hours ago. May I be allowed the honour of joining you this evening?"

Keeping her eyes downcast for now, Brigid sincerely hoped they would agree. Otherwise, this would be the shortest trip in history.

Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Merit-Striking Looks (exotic)
    Mein:

Her skin turns a slate-blue and her hair bone white. The whites of her eyes are blood red, the irises are purple with cat-slit black pupils. The helix of her ears elongate out 2" inches ending in a tip. Her features sharpen and her figure has an unnatural, inhuman litheness that can be intellectually disturbing.
    Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

Her skin brings to mind Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, or Asian races, though her high cheek bones and sharp facial structure don't match. Most assume she is of mixed ancestry given the pale blonde hair. Alias Mary Maniscalo.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Huh, so you could make a contracts, Circe never knew that. "So, you'd have to be really studious or very screwed to be able to make a new contract...Ingrid? I hope you go with studious." Then she gave Ingrid a thumbs up, "Woo for happy hour at the park! Mascarade, wait. Ha ha, I got an idea," a wicked grin crossed her face, "Paintball matches with bets: loser pays for a steak dinner or something like that."

Circe felt like bragging, "Mhairi? You make a good point about escapes, though I know some that didn't escape that way," she wasn't about to give credit to that wasp for her own escape. As for whom to ensorcell, "Groundskeepers, as in the actual gardeners not," she points at Alex, "Alex. Oh and security would be a good idea. Anybody who'd stay after hours," made sense to her.

She grinned wider, ears bouncing in excitement as Sera mentioned her assassin background. "Cool Sera. Well I'd be happy to sell you guns for your work. When I get back up to having the good stuff in stock I'll give you a discount," which she didn't have well anything right now.

And then a see through girl showed up. From the land of the deep dish pizza no less. She gave her fellow newbie a nod, "Sup fellow newbie?! I'm Circe. Don't think I got the chops yet to say yes or no. Though I'm doubting a no getting said."
    Fairest: Larcenist | WYRD 2| Mantle: Dry Desert Heat |Health: 8 | Willpower: 5 | Glamour: 7

A
    Alexander Brown

Alexander listens, soaking up every word, as Ingrid and Mhairi explain how Contracts work and came to be. It was obvious that, while not sharing Court affiliation, they did share an interest in the arcane and could back it up with some solid knowledge. Finaly, he inhales and exhales, answering.

"That is positively fascinating. I hope you will find your stay quite educational, Ingrid."

"Oh, and Circe - you may rebuild your contact list if you wish, and I'll trust your experience with the day-to-day workings of such an endeavour, but I ask you to report any issues that could potentially affect the community to either me or Mhairi. Like I said, the last thing we need is gangsters leaving horse heads in our beds." She seemed to carry herself like a proffessional, even if her jokes were not of the most exquisite sort.

As the discussion on who to enchant unfolds, Alexander feels obligated to pitch in.

"I'm voting for ensorcelling nighttime staff. Not necessarily all those around our attractions, there's nothing inherently supernatural to them and when we'll be using them to conduct our business, the surroundings are going to be clear anyway."

It was heartwarming to see that Sera was so excited about the paintball idea. It was unsettling that she openly admits missing the job of killing people. But he's not going to tell her that, he'd rather keep his throat non-slit. Stll, she had great organizational ideas for the park.

"That's a brilliant idea! A Murder Mystery on one night for the adults, and something of a lighter tone for the kids on the other night. We could organize Halloween parties. Company team-building events. Sky is the limit and all that." He was quite anxious to see if their grand plans will actually bear frit. If they were in a cartoon, his eyes'd turn into dollar signs.

And then, the newest of the new arrivals appears, an unassuming young woman smelling of... bleach? She is more polite than even he was back when he first arrived. This can be a trait of a team player, but also an effort to mask something. Or both.

"Welcome to Sacramento, Brigid. I'm Alexander, Alex for short, and I'm the Groundskeeper of this freehold, meaning I handle security and settle internal disputes. This is Sasha, the Queen of Winter and the local Notary, in charge of Pledges, and Mhairi, the Activities Director, in charge of managing our community. What brings you to River City?"

Striking Looks 2 "Ethereal"
    Retainer
    (Angus (ensorcelled mortal))
    Ingrid
    Ingrid

Mein

Very much like her Mask. However, her skin takes on a more reflective, rubbery texture and she appears... thinner... with limbs that are slightly too long and thin for her general proportions. There is also faint traces of webbing between her fingers and toes.

+1
    SL
    PRE

"My Desire is yours," Ingrid said to Sera with a wicked twist to her lips.

The Spring Courtier turned an attentive ear to the rest of the conversation. When the Chatelaine appeared the Darkling simply turned her head and raised what passed as her eyebrows with interest.

"Another one. News must have travelled fast. Or maybe we need to check for open trods..." A smile split her face for an instant and then was gone.

"Ingrid. Of the Emerald Court." Ingrid eased her cigarette from her lips, cupped her fingers around it and tapped out ash. Her nose wrinkled at the faint aroma of bleach that had begun to seep into her nose; she gave its source a quizzical look as she attempted to work out what that signified.

Somewhat distracted, she turned back to the conversation. "Its a good plan for the longer term. Right now we only have a fun park. How much space do we actually have? I say - baby steps! We can grow in the future but right now, lets take stock of what this new Freehold possesses and work from there. Everything tree starts from a small seed, remember."
    Darkling: Palewraith |Spring Mantle 3 (Heady scent of plums)
    WYRD 3| Health: 7| Willpower: 5 | Glamour: 7| Striking Looks 2: "Ethereal"

12. Likes Origins, liked this post
    S
    Sasha

"That's a good point Ingrid. The park has a lot to expand upon. But, it does help to have a few vague ideas of what we'll like to do." Tilting her head to the Ethereal woman.

"I think once we get some solid makings of what court has what and it's put into place, we'll be a little less rocky with all of this." The Fairest said to anyone who wanted to hear. There was a need for quick footing in this new place, and they'd have to get there by working together, compromising and cooperating.

"Well, Mhairi, a theme park should definitely have theme nights, correct?" She chuckled with a wildly excited look in her eyes. "We can really make it a seasonal thing too. The thing is, just not to become stagnant. I think that is what will help in the end." Which is more than she could say for a lot of things, and the Autumn Queen probably knew precisely what she was getting at. But as an Onyx, stability and patterns were what she craved.

That of course, would never happen. The arrival of another new woman was testament to that. "Of course you're welcome, Brigid." Spoken not long after the introduction from Alexander. It was sweet that she didn't have to do it herself, she rather liked it. Although the Fairest wasn't certain if he took it upon himself as his job, or just because he wanted to.

The new Wizened's mantle threw her for a moment. The scent was fresh, yet chemical-like. It was like someone was spring cleaning... and there it was. Another addition to the Season that followed her own. Despite the smile of joy she had for Sera with another Courtier, her eyes held a sadness that Mhairi and possibly Alexander would recognize. Sasha already missed the Mountain.

B
    Brigid McCarthy

Only after a majority of the gathered changelings had accepted her, including the Fairest who was surrounded by a powerful chill air and the glow of an aurora borealis, did Brigid stand true once more, hands clasped respectfully to her front, shoulders square. Finally having a moment to take in the group as a whole, she briefly wished for a moment to have at least brushed her hair and settled into a hotel prior to this meeting, but when she had discovered Funderland, the Wizened had made it her absolute intent to make a good impression, God willing.

To the exotic-looking Fairest who had introduced herself as Circe, Brigid simply offered a small smile, the polite kind reserved for those people whom one wasn't quite sure of. The same went to Ingrid, whose ethereal quality was also eye-catching. However, at mention of the Emerald Court, Brigid made a mental note to speak with her later, when the time was more Verdant.

What the chatelaine did pay careful attention to, however, was the titles that Alexander used for the three in attendance; Groundskeeper, Queen Sasha of Winter and Notary of the Freehold (No surname given; a shame), and finally Mhairi (again, no surname), Activities Director of the Freehold, and whom certainly had a bearing that could rival one of the Gentry. The final lady present was simply divinity made flesh, and seemed to be of the Spring like herself and Ingrid.

"Thank you, Groundskeeper," Brigid began, eyes returning to Alexander, her voice level and clear. "I am actually seeking new employment as a personal assistant," the Wizened explained. "My last employer recently passed after a lengthy battle with illness, and I found some bitterness had begun to eat away at the heart of Chicago. I decided to move somewhere with a touch more sunlight, a place of new beginnings where I could feel rejuvenated once more." Her words were precise and honest. She didn't touch on her fetch for that was private and unnecessary; quite possibly a faux pas in certain circles. Besides, Brigid was still quite unsure herself about that particular issue. "I basically live to serve the community to the best of my abilities, and would enjoy any and all responsibilities that could be assist ease any burdens you all may have."

Page 4 of 8 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Last
Closed Thread