Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

(Open) Moving Parts

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 3 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last
    Robin Lewis, Prudence Miller
    (Current ID, Reality War Name)
    Presence
    (Plucky)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Raspy)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Allies
    (Criminals, Street)
    Tuesday

Acanthus

Trained Observer ●
    Trained Memory ●
    Quick Draw ●

Nimbus

Stained glass butterflies surround Tuesday, each pane on their tiny wings glows a verity of iridescent hues, while showing glimpses of what was, what is, and what will be. When vulgar magic is cast, the fluttering cascade doesn't last, they shatter. Falling into dull, colorless dust before vanishing completely.
    Stats/Bismark

Oct Rits

Health:
    Backlash:
    Mana: |
    WP: |
    Armor 1/0
    Defense 5

Vulgar
    Active Spells: 2 / 6
    Personal Spells: 2

[4] 2E Fate Shied (Rit)
    [3] 2E Fate Sight (Rit)

+1
    DV
    PRE

"I thought you were talking about him being a toolbag. But yeah. 'dox. S'not good. I thought he'd, you know, be better then that. But I've seen him try and cast his Sight and Shields. Yeeeaaaahhh." she draws out. "S'not good."

Maybe they'd see Chariot say the new Moros in charge since. Campy. Well he might stay Campy.

Well, live and learn. As long as he learned. Maybe a talk was needed. Since. Yeah. Obvi. Or. Not obvi. But still.

"Yup. Fate. 'emember when there was a horde of Moros around here? Now it's all Shamans and Theurgists." If she tied hard enough, maybe she could see the thread and currents that led specific paths to Sacramento in waves. "Ahhh. Right. I forgot you breathe and ate fire. You have fire in some of your routines, like as an effect, on those hula hop things, don't you?"

She sees that blush. And the sputtering. And the everything Chariot did as he called for his fellow talon's aid.

Tuesday, she grins. Wide and toothy. She did like 'em awkward.

"Tuesday. Because Mondays suck and Wednesdays are to morose for me." She quips back. Before turning to Chariot's s'name stuffs, "I get that. Really. But pretty?" normally dudes didn't like to feel 'pretty'. Then name. Was it his big en name or just an example. Either way. Filed. "Happy coincidence - that's kinda, just a little. My stalk and trade. Since. Obvi. But yeah. If I had to call you Ford or something...yeah. How 'bout not. Chariot's swell."

She nods when the private dick gets a'wording. "S'alright. I'm just touchy about it. Since. Obvi." an other shake paired with a hand raking through her hair. "But yes. I am awesome." she knows that not what she says, or how he meant it.

"And Faye. People. They make Cabals. It's just me. And Mister Sweaty. - Yes, hello Thrope, did you run all the way here? Also, asked Faye to Vee Tee with us. - And Faye, you haven't been in a Cabal with me." This about. It would be awesome. "And Theater. Hollow. Awesome." it had absolutely nothing to do with the blanket fort she didn't want to take down.

Or the memories. You know those small little things and mean absolutely nothing.

(she's a rotten lying, liar who lies)
    Health: | Mana: | Willpower:

2. Likes West, Macavity liked this post
    Thrope
    Status (Criminals)
    Thrope

WID:
    Def 4 -OrgRes
    Armor 2 - OrgRes
    H: 1rb,1b/8 M: -3
    Paradox: 2/2 = +1
    Contagion Sta+2=-2
    Tracking

Written in Death

Armor: 2/2
    Defense: 4
    Health: 1rb1b/8
    Mana:
    Willpower:

Vulgar: 2/2 = +1 to Dox rolls
    Contagion: Sta+2 = -2 to spells
    Active Spells: 4/6

Spells:
    [2]Pulse of the Living World
    [2]Organic Resilience [+2 Def, +2 Arm]
    [4]Honing the Form[+3 Str]
    [2R]Transform Self[Claws, Cat Eyes]

Spells on Thrope by others:
    [1]Fireproof[from Michael]

Smoke on the Water

Spells:
    [1]Organic Resilience [+2 Def, +2 Arm]

PRE

A Mystagogue? Maybe in another life. The Savage named after the eye, part of the eye? latin mumjumbo gets a nod.

"Huh?" The Thyrsus looks over at Chariot, pulling himself out of fatigue. "Dude I got my name after some shit for brains decided that Lycanthrope was too complicated to say. So he shortened it to Thrope. A breath. "And no I didn't want to be called Lycanthrope, apparently it's not normal to get pissed off and change your hands into claws." A hand waves away the statement, normal barely has meaning most days now.

"Yes I did, don't recommend it." A grin accompanies the words. "You've been here longer, your show."

4. Likes West, liked this post
    O
    Oculus

Oculus takes the news of cyclical domination of one or two Paths with poorly masked interest. He doesn't say that, but back home things were a little more... even. But this was the last on the long list of reasons why this community was different from normal - whatever is "normal" when you talk about people who can literally will something into existence.

"Yeah, he gave me the basics. It seems like you guys suffer from a really bad case of Seer assholes chewing holes in timelines. Do you know or suspect what their plan is? Because playing with Time can be really tricky and prone to backfiring, am I right Tuesday?" The girl never said that she is attuned to Arcadia, but she did leave enough breadcrumbs to guestimate that.

"And as for my reason for coming - like I said, I'm a mystagogue. Not the archivist sort, though, more like salvage and retrieval. I came here in pursuit of knowledge and fresh perspectives. And to be completely honest, we had a little home dispute back in Phoenix over my... personal studies."

"I have to add, Councilor, that your portfolio is as intriguing as your chosen name. Is "Faye" a shorter form of some other word or a piece of a foreign language? Sounds a bit Irish or Welsh, although I'm hardly an expert."
    He wasn't. But he was intrigued.

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

Active Spells: 1/6
    [Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

A confused look crosses her face, “Whoa, wait? Dropping Paradox’s? What the hell did I miss?” why were people dropping Paradox’s?

His name makes him feel pretty? That got a raised eyebrow, “Hey, whatever works for you.” His Shadow name.

She then chuckles, “Can do whatever you want with it. But I’m great at parties!” she jokes with a grin. “Regular swords, no special trick to them, they will cut you.” She’d nicked herself a few times. “Really? Thanks! I’ve been to a school for training where lion tamers trained as well, but I was always too scared to get too close.” Cause no matter how much you worked and trained lions, they were still lions, wild animals with a mind of their own.

And she had to giggle as he kept talking before trying to get Thrope to help him.

Looking to Tuesday with a nod, “Yup, hula hop of fire, it’s a thing.” And what seemed to get the most attention at her shows.

“This is true, I haven’t been in a Cabal with you yet. Though I can see that leading to lots of trouble, and fun.” Yeah, the two of them in a Cabal would be very interesting.

Nodding her head, “Have to say, Lycanthrope is kinda badass sounding. But hey, shortening it gives you a story.” She thought so. “Haven’t tried to hands into claws thing yet, still new to the Path and learning all the neat tricks.” It was true.

“Yeah, they’ve been trying to anyways. I think we’ve been successful on a level thus far.” Aside from losing some Mages and changing Paths.

“Oh, a dispute?” she says to Oculus, “Now that sounds like the lead into a fun story, well, if you ever want to share anyways, I’d love to hear it.” Her tone honest, she liked stories.

Laughing with a shake of her head, “Afraid it’s nothing too interesting. I kinda picked it on a whim. It fit my Path at the time, and was something I could use outside of our community as well and not get looked at funny. I suppose I could change it, being a Shaman now and all, but I’ve kinda grown attached to it.”

7. Likes , West liked this post
    Talon Chariot
    Chariot

Status (Adamantine Arrow) •

Nimbus: Chariot's Nimbus is a sense of cold, implacable heaviness, like lead weights and the grasp of the dead.
    Peter Byrne
    Written In Death

Monthy Rituals

Armor: 4 (3 v.firearms)
    Defense: 2

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:

Vulgars: 1
    Active Spells: 6
    Personal Spells: 5

[5R] Dark Matter
    [5R] Unseen Aegis (Armor 3)
    [6] Eye For Destruction (v.Undead)
    [4] Shape Liquid (Vol 3, Dur 1 dome over Tuesday)
    [6] Armor Piercing (Axe, AP 1)
    [3] Alter Accuracy (Axe, +9a) [1]
    [3R] Bestow Exceptional Luck (From Tuesday, +9a) [2]

Chariot steps back, with a hand to his breast in mock shock. "I feel attacked. What's wrong with wanting to feel pretty?" He shares a grin with the small group. "Thrope's good for you, man. Very laconic, and you seem like a laconic kind of guy."

Chariot blanked out, just for a bit of a moment when Faye says she can 'do whatever you want'. "Ah, well, um. You don't look like you'd be scared of nothing, if you don't mind me saying so." He flashes her a double thumbs up, to keep his hands from picking at his shirt nervously.

"So," he says, turning to Oculus. "You're what? Wizard Indiana Jones?" Chariot's voice made it super clear that the idea of the Mysterium having Indiana Jones working for them was a-okay in his book.

"And your," Chariot gestures between Tuesday and Thrope, "Cabal that you're inviting Faye to and that Star and First Talon Avis are leaving. What's it about?"

"And, uh, you guys looking for anyone else?"
    Adamantine Arrow Necromancer
    Ritual Effects: Dark Matter (Pot 5), Unseen Aegis (Pot 5)
    Combat: Defense 2; Armor 4 (3 v.Firearms); Speed 10

9. Likes West, liked this post
    Robin Lewis, Prudence Miller
    (Current ID, Reality War Name)
    Presence
    (Plucky)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Raspy)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Allies
    (Criminals, Street)
    Tuesday

Acanthus

Trained Observer ●
    Trained Memory ●
    Quick Draw ●

Nimbus

Stained glass butterflies surround Tuesday, each pane on their tiny wings glows a verity of iridescent hues, while showing glimpses of what was, what is, and what will be. When vulgar magic is cast, the fluttering cascade doesn't last, they shatter. Falling into dull, colorless dust before vanishing completely.
    Stats/Bismark

Oct Rits

Health:
    Backlash:
    Mana: |
    WP: |
    Armor 1/0
    Defense 5

Vulgar
    Active Spells: 2 / 6
    Personal Spells: 2

[4] 2E Fate Shied (Rit)
    [3] 2E Fate Sight (Rit)

+1
    DV
    PRE

"Faye. Faye-honey. You missed Fight Club. It got messy. I lost twice. Campy and Archy became toolbags, one because of 'dox, the other...his asshatery was just amplified because of 'dox."

"Lycanthrope? For serials?" Tuesday gives a head shake. "That would'a worked if you were a full shifty dude, but just claws...? Naw. You're Wolverine." Serious Sage Nod. "Also. Wanna see that. The Claws. Cap tee. Cap Cee." 'nother nod that is totally serious.

Head bob. Distinctly and legally different then a nod. "Cool beans." Was she Random Recruiter Smurf? Or was this more of a desperate I don't wanna be in a huge ass Theater (full of memories) alone thing?

"Hells to the bells no! You do you." she'll just have to work on this apparent and weird stint sexism she apparently has for some reason.

"Dick," she's never not going to call him that. "They want to win. To see the Pentacle as something to laugh at, shattered, broken. The Diamond, they'd see as less then dust. The Nation scattered, barely surviving. Most will die, and some will limp on. Some will be slaves and worse...some will join them." Tuesday swallows the heavy lump in her throat. That was more real then she wanted to get into.

Thankfully, Chariot with his adorable blush brakes in and Tuesday has a perfect excuse to stop talking. Err. About that.

"Vee Tee. Veiled Threats. Came about when two Guardians and two Arrows Cabal'd up and someone," Star? "Thought they were super awesomely clever. Now. Our Sactumn's an awesomely amazing Theater. Like for reals, you know those rooms where they actually show the movies? Yeah, I sleep in one of those. It's amazing~" see Faye, see what you're missing out on? "And Vee Tee, it's about getting shit done. Kickin' the baddies in the balls or lady balls, and being badasses." simple as that. "And yes, we're accepting applications." the Theater was still fuckin' big, bigger now that two of the ocupants were gonna be gone. "So that's a yes for Chariot, and yes for Faye..." can't blame a girl for trying, "And a what? Yes, No, maybe so? For Eye-Ball-Dude?" also she might call Dick Eye-Ball-Dude.
    Health: | Mana: | Willpower:

11. Likes West liked this post
    O
    Oculus

Maybe it was the fact that California was a little more laid-back than the rest of the country, but for members of a community under attack by time-shredding homicidal maniacs, these people were interestingly easy-going and kind. Maybe it's a defense mechanism. He still couldn't understand, though, how could Faye speak so matter-of-factly about her changin a Path - like she talked about changing an old shirt.

"Well, let's just say that there was a conflict of interest between us at the Order and the local Thearchs. While I do understand the need for secrecy and security, talking about "magical population control" and censoring research is taking it a bit too far. So, long story short, we had one argument too many, but it was me who was in the inferior weight category. But rest assured, I have nothing against the Thearchs in general. Just the ones that abuse their power. But, if you are a wandering performer, you must've seen quite a lot of intyeresting things yourself." Faye sounded honest in her interest about the story. There was more to it, of course, but info-dumping the others for no apparent reason definitely wasn't the way to go. Besides, him raving about the Guardians might backfire if any of these people is a Guardian, or befriended one.

"Nah, more like Wizard Arsen Lupin or Lara Croft. Contrary to popular belief, not all mystagogues are bookworms. Although I do admit, I've been poking around some academic training and your name was mentioned in particular, Councilor Faye." He lowered his gaze to the floor when he spoke this, the feeling of not owning up to expectations normally placed on a Mysterium member weighing heavily on him.

"Yeah, that's the Seer's jazz every time, isn't it? Bring the Pentacle to heel, shatter the Diamond and all that. I'm just saying that there are more straightforward ways to do that. Back home, our Seers were all Molotov cocktails and memetic warfare, but messing with Time... anyway, just tell me what frontline needs reinforcing and I'll be there."

"And yes, count me in! A theater, seriously? How cool is that? How did you guys got it?"He sounded excited and this time it was him who wanted to hear a story. A house you can inherit, but a place like that never just falls into your lap, you gotta work hard to get it.
    Last edited by West; Apr 29th, 2017 at 07:08 AM.

Thrope
    Status (Criminals)
    Thrope

WID:
    Def 4 -OrgRes
    Armor 2 - OrgRes
    H: 1rb,1b/8 M: -3
    Paradox: 2/2 = +1
    Contagion Sta+2=-2
    Tracking

Written in Death

Armor: 2/2
    Defense: 4
    Health: 1rb1b/8
    Mana:
    Willpower:

Vulgar: 2/2 = +1 to Dox rolls
    Contagion: Sta+2 = -2 to spells
    Active Spells: 4/6

Spells:
    [2]Organic Resilience [+2 Def, +2 Arm]
    [4]Honing the Form[+3 Str]
    [2R]Transform Self[Claws, Cat Eyes]

Spells on Thrope by others:
    [1]Fireproof[from Michael]

Smoke on the Water

Spells:
    [1]Organic Resilience [+2 Def, +2 Arm]

PRE

Thrope almost raises his damn hand, again. But stops himself. Instead filing away the "new to the path" for later, cause wtf. A flash of a grin is thrown Chariot's way. The name is fitting for that true. "Wouldn't recommend changing your hands like that if you aren't ready. I flipped the fuck out the first time." Damn good way to get nightmares too.

I definitely missed something there. The interaction between Chariot and Faye has to have a good story behind it. Words flow through and past Thrope and he homes in on a few key ones from Oculus.

"Thunder" Thrope's left hand shifts palm up. "Diamond." Then his right. "Two of the four principles. The Seers won't be allowed to win because winning would make everything our people have done for nothing. But I'm not a Ladder." A nod towards Faye. "I got this." A finger tap against his skull. "And these" Hands flex into fists before falling open and down.

And Existence is War.

A shift to look at Tuesday. "How much maintenance do we need to put into the place?"

14. Likes liked this post
    Bump West "Bump" this post
    Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

Active Spells: 1/6
    [Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Chuckling, “No problem from me, if you want to feel pretty, go for it.” She says with a shrug and a grin. Chariot seemed like a good guy so far, he was able to take a joke and roll with it. Which was good, cause she hated people that couldn’t take a joke.

Smirking, “I don’t mind at all, and thanks.” Despite what she did in her shows, there were quite a few things that scared her.

There was a frown cause she missed Fight Club. “Aw, I really wanted to go, test some new skills. But wow, damn, dox’s and tool bags, I really missed out.” Dox’s were nasty, been there…done that…laid in bed and not wanting to move cause of it.

Grinning, “Well, seems like you have a fan club now Thrope.” She’d never tried the claw thing, maybe she should. Could def see that being useful in a fight.

Looking to Tuesday, “But we’re not gonna let them win, nope, not happening.” She may have taking a back seat to fights and let others stand up to defend before. But not now, this was new and improved Faye, a Faye that was going to bring all she had to help defend what they had here. Fuck Them.

Snorting, “The Theater is pretty cool.” She had to admit that. “I have to admit, I’m not the same Faye I was when I first joined Vee Tee way back when. Shits changed, and I’m tired of not pulling my weight. Maybe it’s the new Path, but when that change happened, it’s like something else awoke in me. Someone willing and ready to fight and defend what we have here from Them.” There was a shrug, “Not sure why it took so long and a Path change to get the wake up call though. Maybe Fate is working in mysterious ways?” a small smile was offered to Tuesday, she’d understand the Fate thing.

Looking to Oculus with a raise of an eyebrow, “Magical Population Control?” she didn’t like the sound of that, not one bit. “Have to say, think I’d have my own issues with that and would have probably gotten myself in trouble…lots of trouble” Yup, would not have been good.

Smirking, “Oh, defiantly my share of interesting things. Both from people and in the places I’ve visited. Though I do miss the traveling.” But it felt right to be in Sacramento and have fiends.

A finger points to herself, “Me? What type of training? And you can just call me Faye. We’re all just talking and hanging out, no need for formalities.” She says with a grin, titles were not her thing.

She then looks at her own hands, “Well, I can see how it would be a shock, but I can also see how it kicks ass and could save one in a fight.” Though not a trick to use lightly. “Gotta admit though, I suck in a fight. Though now I have more spells that have proven to be quite useful, hoping to build on those.” She knew a battle wasn’t all physical, it required some mental finesse too.

Nodding, “That’s a good question, what type of maintenance is needed? I’m not too good at building things, but I can refurbish furniture if needed. Now magical maintenance, I’m not a big help with something like that.” She never learned to Ward, though she’d like to.

16. Bump West "Bump" this post
    Talon Chariot
    Chariot

Status (Adamantine Arrow) •

Nimbus: Chariot's Nimbus is a sense of cold, implacable heaviness, like lead weights and the grasp of the dead.
    Peter Byrne
    Written In Death

Monthy Rituals

Armor: 4 (3 v.firearms)
    Defense: 2

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:

Vulgars: 1
    Active Spells: 6
    Personal Spells: 5

[5R] Dark Matter
    [5R] Unseen Aegis (Armor 3)
    [6] Eye For Destruction (v.Undead)
    [4] Shape Liquid (Vol 3, Dur 1 dome over Tuesday)
    [6] Armor Piercing (Axe, AP 1)
    [3] Alter Accuracy (Axe, +9a) [1]
    [3R] Bestow Exceptional Luck (From Tuesday, +9a) [2]

"I don't know who Arsen Lupin is," Chariot says, up front about the apparent hole in his pop culture knowledge. "But I'll take your word for it?" He didn't actually believe in Guardians pushing 'magical population control' unless that was some kind of code for Guardians telling mages to wrap it up when getting down. But in the little experience he had with Guardians, they had too much on their plates to worry about that kind of thing. Maybe Oculus was one of those people who had a moral stand against birth control.

And since the topic was drifting over to the state of the Theater Sanctum, there wasn't a reason to dig at it. "I'm pretty handy with repairs myself. And what I don't know how to do, I can always look up online. And, you know, there's the magic."
    Adamantine Arrow Necromancer
    Ritual Effects: Dark Matter (Pot 5), Unseen Aegis (Pot 5)
    Combat: Defense 2; Armor 4 (3 v.Firearms); Speed 10

Page 3 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Closed Thread