Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

(Open) Moving Parts

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 2 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last
    O
    Oculus

The first time Oculus was at the Circle with Campanella, the building was empty and dark. Therefore, he knows how it looks, but right now he can feel how it looks, with the rays of Sun unveiling every feature, every detail of the structure. It's nothing short of magnificent, although the whole idea of copying Westminister was a little off-putting. Still, the urban explorer inside him was howling with joy at this building that was so out of place, yet so perfectly woven into the cityscape. It was the kind of paradox that didn't have the slimy, black taste of the Abyss to it.

The heavy doors of the Circle prevented him from hearing anything of the conversation going on inside, but he wasn't surprised when he saw three figures, two women, and one man, inside. After all, this was supposed to be the common area of the Consilium. The woman in the sleeveless sweater stood out in particular, her looks a magnet for the eyes.

Be polite. Don't act weird. You got this.

"Hello! I'm new to the city, only recently shook hands with Mr. Campanella. The name is Oculus, a Thyrsus mystagogue. I'm sorry if I interrupt." For the entirety of the introduction he smiled a casual, warm smile of someone wanting to make new friends, yet unsure if the others want to do the same.

Don't kill me, please.

Robin Lewis, Prudence Miller
    (Current ID, Reality War Name)
    Presence
    (Plucky)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Raspy)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Allies
    (Criminals, Street)
    Tuesday

Acanthus

Trained Observer ●
    Trained Memory ●
    Quick Draw ●

Nimbus

Stained glass butterflies surround Tuesday, each pane on their tiny wings glows a verity of iridescent hues, while showing glimpses of what was, what is, and what will be. When vulgar magic is cast, the fluttering cascade doesn't last, they shatter. Falling into dull, colorless dust before vanishing completely.
    Stats/Bismark

Oct Rits

Health:
    Backlash:
    Mana: |
    WP: |
    Armor 1/0
    Defense 5

Vulgar
    Active Spells: 2 / 6
    Personal Spells: 2

[4] 2E Fate Shied (Rit)
    [3] 2E Fate Sight (Rit)

+1
    DV
    PRE

"It's good!" Tuesday helpfully informs the blond. "Soo yummy. And yep. Trying it. You are." When did she become Yoda?

Meh~

"Ahhhh." a nod. "Gotcha. Gotcha." so not volunteering that she's from Oklahoma.

Hand waves. "No prob. I know that folks aren't me." shrug. "Take some classes, broaden your horizons. Talk to all the people."

Faye's shock only makes the Unicorn droop. "Recently. Like. Really, really recently." not cheerful at all. "Life continues. And they decided that it needed to continue. Not here." Sad Unicorn is Sad.

Hey look! A distraction in the shape of a people!

Blink. Blinkblink.

Oculus? "Like the Vee Arr set? Or like the eyeball?" Questions. Gotta ask 'em.
    Health: | Mana: | Willpower:

3. Likes West liked this post
    Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

Active Spells: 1/6
    [Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Wow, this guy was from the middle of nowhere!

“Indiana? Think I’ve traveled through there for my job before. Long time ago, but I defiantly remember some signs that made me do a double take.” Crazy signs, signs that made her eager to be done with the shows in the state. But wow, how long ago was it really? At least five or more years before she broke off with the Ren Faire groups and went out on her own.

“Classes? Why type of classes? Magic type classes or cooking?” cause two different things there.

There was a chuckle, “Not a really exciting story, just a bored circus performer looking to fill their free time.” Which was true. Cause believe it or not, there were still cities and towns where circus people weren’t really accepted.

The doors opening dew her eyes, and look at that, another new face.

“Damn, did someone send out an invite for new Mages?” she jokes with a friendly smile. Though him referring to Campanella as Mr made her smirk, it just sounded weird.

“Nice to meet you Oculus, I’m Faye, Thyrsus Councilor and Thearch.”

Chuckling to Tuesday, “Never said I wouldn’t try it, just have to tell me where to get it. I’ll try anything at least once.” Which was mostly true.

She frowns, “Well, I understand that, needed to continue life someplace else. I know all too well about that.” The call of the open road and a change in scenery had taken her from Sacramento many times. “I hope they find what they’re looking for and then find their way back to us.” It could happen, she’d returned, maybe Star and Avis would return one day.

At the question about the new Shamans name, amused eyes look to him, wondering which it was. Or maybe it was something else…Shadow names were funny things with interesting back stories. Well, most of the time anyways.

5. Likes , West liked this post
    O
    Oculus

Before opening the doors, he didn't hear the conversation at all, but even stepping here didn't do him much good. It was one thing that he clearly walked in the middle of a topic, but both women seemed to know each other well enough to communicate in shortcuts and half-sentences. Especially the younger one.

"Like an eyeball. A private eye-ball." He wondered if the girl will decrypt the incredibly stale joke. "Wasn't my idea. I was a private detective back home, my mentor at the Order figured it's a brilliant reference. Not sure if I agree with him now, but it stuck and for better or worse we are bonded like that. What about you? What's your Name?" Big "En".

Then he turned to the other woman... if that was the Faye he was told about earlier, she was also the one with... tangled history. Better watch out.

"Nice to meet you" a respectful nod. "No, if there were any Hogwarts letters for me, I didn't get them, Councilor." He paused for a moment, not sure if the woman expects some gesture of serfdom. But based on what Campanella had said, Sacramento was a democracy with no clear hierarchy, so he decided not to make a fool out of himself and did no such thing.

"But I hear someone is leaving, so maybe it's just that the circle of life keeps turning. Who knows?" Dismissing it like that might seem insensitive, but on the other hand, whoever was leaving wasn't known to Oculus. Showing concern or sorrow might be interpreted as pandering.

Talon Chariot
    Chariot

Status (Adamantine Arrow) •

Nimbus: Chariot's Nimbus is a sense of cold, implacable heaviness, like lead weights and the grasp of the dead.
    Peter Byrne
    Written In Death

Monthy Rituals

Armor: 4 (3 v.firearms)
    Defense: 2

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:

Vulgars: 1
    Active Spells: 6
    Personal Spells: 5

[5R] Dark Matter
    [5R] Unseen Aegis (Armor 3)
    [6] Eye For Destruction (v.Undead)
    [4] Shape Liquid (Vol 3, Dur 1 dome over Tuesday)
    [6] Armor Piercing (Axe, AP 1)
    [3] Alter Accuracy (Axe, +9a) [1]
    [3R] Bestow Exceptional Luck (From Tuesday, +9a) [2]

"Regular classes." Cooking classes? Chariot could fry a pickle, but he wasn't a Chef. "Exactly, Tuesday. Anything to figure out a new way to do something. Always push yourself, you can rest when you're dead. I haven't found anyone who I can study magic with yet, and the Arrows don't really go in for dedicated collective magical training."

"Circus performer? What'd you do, Lion taming?" Asks Chariot incredulously. "What kind of jobs do you go into after something like that?"

The new arrival? Chariot watches him as he approaches, aware of him but not unfriendly, but his expression goes flatly neutral at the mention of Campanella. A sour taste in the back of his throat. "Chariot, Talon. Campanella treat you okay when you met him?"
    Adamantine Arrow Necromancer
    Ritual Effects: Dark Matter (Pot 5), Unseen Aegis (Pot 5)
    Combat: Defense 2; Armor 4 (3 v.Firearms); Speed 10

8. Likes liked this post
    Robin Lewis, Prudence Miller
    (Current ID, Reality War Name)
    Presence
    (Plucky)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Raspy)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Allies
    (Criminals, Street)
    Tuesday

Acanthus

Trained Observer ●
    Trained Memory ●
    Quick Draw ●

Nimbus

Stained glass butterflies surround Tuesday, each pane on their tiny wings glows a verity of iridescent hues, while showing glimpses of what was, what is, and what will be. When vulgar magic is cast, the fluttering cascade doesn't last, they shatter. Falling into dull, colorless dust before vanishing completely.
    Stats/Bismark

Oct Rits

Health:
    Backlash:
    Mana: |
    WP: |
    Armor 1/0
    Defense 5

Vulgar
    Active Spells: 2 / 6
    Personal Spells: 2

[4] 2E Fate Shied (Rit)
    [3] 2E Fate Sight (Rit)

+1
    DV
    PRE

"She's a contortionist." Tuesday replies blissfully. Come on dudes realize the stunning blond could bend and twist. Ankles, ears. She should do it. "Sword sallower." come on. she wants to see a blush. She totally needs a pick me up. Let your imagination free~

"Don't you do suspension too?" Turning to Faye. It was a serious question, the unicorn was still looking forward to doing Faye's music.

Tuesday waves her hands, "Can't blame me. Didn't even kick up some Luck. Nada for the Winds." clicking her tongue because Faye'd understand, even if she couldn't Fate up any more.

The new guy.

Tuesday looks at Faye. Then she looks at Chariot. Then back at Faye. Then at their newbiest newb.

Come on.

Everyone knew she was going to say it. Well. Faye for sure. Maybe Chariot since they'd, you know, met.

"So Dick." she is so clever. No. Not really, but. Needed a pick me up. "When you mean Big En Name. You wanna s'name. The ess slides out like a hiss, or a lisp or something. Less attention on the big en name." Wow look at her making words, "And I'm Tuesday."

Shifting to look at the Talon, "On s'names. Why Chariot? Is it a conveyance to the afterlife thang?" everyone always asked about hers, she could totally ask about theirs.

Unicorn frowny face. "That was a 'dox thing. I think. But yeah. He's normally not...you know. Archy on the other hand...his asshatness is normally understated, and not so..uh-loud."

A frownier frowny face.

"Sure. Cycle of Life. Or Fate or whatever." My Truths aren't your Truth, by they are all Truths and they all matter. "But dude. They're my Cabal." understand the seriousness of that. Family. Even with Stuff. "So. Yeah. Thrope was invited to Vee Tee, before the whole 'Avis and Star are leaving' announcement was announced. But I dunno if he's gonna click - I told him to get his butt over here so we could talk but..." shrug. "Faye you wanna Vee Tee with me?"
    Health: | Mana: | Willpower:

10. Likes Orianna, West, Macavity liked this post
    Thrope
    Status (Criminals)
    Thrope

WID:
    Def 4 -OrgRes
    Armor 2 - OrgRes
    H: 1rb,1b/8 M: -3
    Paradox: 2/2 = +1
    Contagion Sta+2=-2
    Tracking

Written in Death

Armor: 2/2
    Defense: 4
    Health: 1rb1b/8
    Mana:
    Willpower:

Vulgar: 2/2 = +1 to Dox rolls
    Contagion: Sta+2 = -2 to spells
    Active Spells: 4/6

Spells:
    [2]Pulse of the Living World
    [2]Organic Resilience [+2 Def, +2 Arm]
    [4]Honing the Form[+3 Str]
    [2R]Transform Self[Claws, Cat Eyes]

Spells on Thrope by others:
    [1]Fireproof[from Michael]

Smoke on the Water

Spells:
    [2]Pulse of the Living World
    [1]Organic Resilience [+2 Def, +2 Arm]

PRE

Who's late? This asshat that's who. Or early? Who the fuck knows now that Time is being mauled. A hand pushes open one of the main doors and Thrope slides into the Circle. Glyphs bleed off of him into nothingness as he lets go of everything. Breaking a rule happens, it's not a Rule after all. Heavy steps and burning muscles bring the Thyrsus over to Tuesday and the others.

In between gulps of air Thrope nods to Tuesday and towards the others. O a new guy. "Yo..." Inhale. "Sorry, late." With the Arrrow sits onto a pew and wishes he'd brought a towel. Someone's got to be pissed off about sweat on the floor.

12. Likes liked this post
    O
    Oculus

Vee Tee. Veiled Threats. Now, that was unexpected. If he didn't learn the hard way, he could've sworn the "Tuesday" before him could do no more than threaten you with headache when you try to keep up with her manner of speaking. But it was probably just a mask, although the straightforward invitation of Faye into her cabal didn't really show her mysterious persona. But.

Every shadow hides only more shadows.

"Yeah, he seems like a decent guy. You know him well?"
    the Chariot guy had a straightforward aura to him, too. Not "rude" or "dimwit", but... perhaps "honest" would be a good description. Little wonder. Arrows were honest like that, most of the time.

"Tuesday? Like boozeday tuesday? Or like "the most innocuous day of the week" tuesday?" See? Two can play at this game. He decided not to comment that "Dick" bit. It felt relly random to him, perhaps some kind of inside joke. Figured if he drops the subject it will fade into the background.

"And I'm... sorry? I didn't know those people were your cabalmates. In fact, I didn't know them at all, but whoever they were, they sure kept interesting company." Yeah, dem ice-breakers. Timeless classics.

The other guy, the one that just entered, sweating all over the place, gets a respectful nod. He doesn't seem to be the talkative sort, so Oculus leaves him for now, not wanting to appear intrusive.

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

Active Spells: 1/6
    [Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Ah, a detective, that was cool. Though she always thought Shadow names were more of a personal thing and not something someone decided for you. But, whatever.

“Fate must be at work,” as a side long glance was stolen at Tuesday, “Cause I used to be the only Shaman and now it’s a Shaman party. Not that I’m complaining, just find it funny.” Had to see humor in everyday life, otherwise shit got boring. Fast.

“So if you’ve met Campanella, has he given you the run down on what’s going on around here and all the fun stuff?” cause if not, than she had to, cause Councilor. “What brings you to Sacramento?” best get a feel for the guy.

“Ah, ok. Was curious cause Avis and I had talked about attending a cooking class, and well, seems that’s not gonna happen now.” Seriously, they were.

Eyes widen, “Lion taming? Not this girl.” She said with a firm shake of her head. “And it wasn’t just working for the circus, I also worked at Ren Faires.” Which allowed more freedom with her act.

And then Tuesday jumps in with what Faye did. Chuckling, “Yes, suspension as well, oh, and playing with fire too.” The fire was important.

The last thing Tuesday says takes Faye by surprise.

A finger points to her chest, “Me?” she asks, “You do realize I was part of Vee Tee once and it didn’t work out right?” she wasn’t a good fit, felt like an outsider.

And then Thrope comes in, “Hey.” She greeted her fellow Shaman. "Not sure if you've met or not, but this is Oculus, a fellow Shaman."

Talon Chariot
    Chariot

Status (Adamantine Arrow) •

Nimbus: Chariot's Nimbus is a sense of cold, implacable heaviness, like lead weights and the grasp of the dead.
    Peter Byrne
    Written In Death

Monthy Rituals

Armor: 4 (3 v.firearms)
    Defense: 2

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:

Vulgars: 1
    Active Spells: 6
    Personal Spells: 5

[5R] Dark Matter
    [5R] Unseen Aegis (Armor 3)
    [6] Eye For Destruction (v.Undead)
    [4] Shape Liquid (Vol 3, Dur 1 dome over Tuesday)
    [6] Armor Piercing (Axe, AP 1)
    [3] Alter Accuracy (Axe, +9a) [1]
    [3R] Bestow Exceptional Luck (From Tuesday, +9a) [2]

"He's sloppy with his magic. Him and an Apostate dropped Paradox and made a mess recently." Chariot wasn't the Paradox Police, but people that were careless with their magic like that? It's something you keep an eye on, if only for your own piece of mind.

"I like the way Chariot sounds," Chariot admits. "I think it sounds pretty. When people call me Chariot, it makes me feel pretty. Makes me feel like I'm more than just Bob David Jr who works at a machine shop and got out of Indiana with all his teeth and without a meth habit." He shrugs. "The psychopomp connection is just a happy accident. And it's way cooler than 'Hot Rod' or 'Mustang', and I don't think it's too asinine of a name."

And just like Tuesday hoped, a blush is slowly crawling up Chariot's neck. "I... I don't know what to do with this information." He says sheepishly, being totally honest. "Are they... regular swords or special trick swallowing swords?" If they were regular swords, Chariot would actually like to know where you pick something like that up. He liked buying local. "You just look, uhh... confident. I could see you taming lions." Chariot puts his hands up defensively. "Not that I can't see you being a contortionist... or sword swallowing..." Chariot trails off as his brain catches up to his mouth.

Chariot waves at Thrope. "Hey, Thrope. Save me?"
    Adamantine Arrow Necromancer
    Ritual Effects: Dark Matter (Pot 5), Unseen Aegis (Pot 5)
    Combat: Defense 2; Armor 4 (3 v.Firearms); Speed 10

16. Likes , Yumyumcrow liked this post
Page 2 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Closed Thread