Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

(ES1704) A Court without a Crown

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 6 of 8 First ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Last
    Seraphina
    Presence
    (Magnetic)
    Striking Looks
    (Enthralling)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Angelic)
    New Identity
    (Sarah Jones)
    Mantle (Spring)
    (In Mini Sheet)
    Seraphina

Mien

Softly shimmering gold flakes catch the light whenever she moves, delicate gilded gold and diamond scales extenuate the rare greenish blue color of her aquamarine eyes. In the right light, or when her mood changes, her eyes seem to illuminate from within, it’s a very gentle glow. This is the ocean lives in Sera's eyes. The scales trail up to her temples and forehead. Her hair reaches down her back, brushing the ground, spun silver and emerald. Perfectly placed tiny pearls can be seen woven throughout her hair. Very fine diamond dust falls loose from her hair when she moves, reflecting rainbows from the light. The scales on her hands are dulled by the simple fact that her hands are translucent. There is an iridescent scale like skin that pulls delicately up from her ears. The membrane shimmers and has three curly points.
    Seraphina

Fairest

Nix/Treasured
    Mantle

Cherry blossoms gilded in gold bloom from her hair, tumbling down as a warm rejuvenating spring breeze gently kisses the air with the scent of freshly cut grass. The sound of birds singing can be heard as the wildflowers grow and bloom in vibrant colors where she walks, swaying and lively in the breeze.
    Sera's hands and lower legs are translucent while the rest of her has cracks
    Seraphina

Mask
    A fairly tall woman, roughly 5'11 with long, wavy dark brown hair. Her eyes are an intense, deep bright blue, reminding one of sapphires. Her lips are full and her skin is flawless. With that perfection comes a body that men fawn and drool over, and women envy.

Health Tracker

Haunted House
    Items

Hedgespun Items

Tear dropped shaped pendant, form fitted waterfall jacket

Misc.

-3 to any rolls involving Presence
    Seraphina Scenes

Dreaming, -1 WP to analyze, WP to hold Dream together, Dreamscape
      -1 Glamour into Wyrdstone

+2
    SL
    +2
    DV
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••••
    Treasured Nix

A smile was offered to Morgan, “You don’t have to leave, please stay, I have nothing to hide.” Well, nothing that had to do with Spring and it’s Crown anyways. “And then tell me where I can find this battered chicken, cause it sounds awesome right now!” she says with a grin.

And Lucians words was going to make this super easy, which worked for her.

Grinning, then laughing, “Well, seems it’s settled then.” She agrees. “I didn’t want the Crown, and I won’t lie, I’m defiantly not a leader. And I have other things I want to focus on.” Plus it seemed like more work than she wanted to take on. “So you want it, it’s yours.” She shrugged, before adding, “But don’t make me regret not fighting you for it.” She says with a wink. Maybe someday she would make a move for the Crown, but it wouldn’t be today.
    Treasured/Nix Wyrd●●●●

2. Likes Origins liked this post
    A
    Alexander Brown

With the situation unraveled and the tension alleviated, Alexander found himself beside everyone, rather than with them. This wasn't a situation he was comfortable with, and before the evening was over there was at least one more matter to discuss with Cynthia Pike . After all, she was the only Summer here apart from him.*

He walked over to her and tries to discreetly lead her away from the main group. If she complies, after making some distance, he says:

"Can I talk to you for a moment? It's something that concerns the Summer Crown. Or the lack of it."

Presence
    (Quiet Confidence)
    Striking Looks
    (Mesmerizing Eyes)
    Autumn's Regalia
    (Autumn Mantle)
    Fashion
    (Contacts, Status)
    Mhairi Ankaa

Mask

A slim girl, with raven black hair and grey-blue eyes. She likes wearing silver nail polish.
    Mien

Her skin; like moonlight captured. Quicksilver drips from her fingers, burning up before it lands. Motes of fell fire escape her eyes. In her hair, a galaxy, forming constellations which mimic the sky, changing with the Seasons.
    Mantle

Fear made manifest, Autumn's Regalia embraces the Wisp, as if she is Dread's most blessed daughter.
    Pledges & Other Things

Pledges

Autumn Queen Oath

Plot Stats

Fairy Floss
    Defense: 3 +1
    Heath: Willpower
    Glamour:

House Call
    Glamour:
    HS Choker+1 Defense, -1g. Sparation3 -1g

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••
    Ask-wee-da-eed Telluric

The Equinox might have passed, but perhaps this was a time of renewal, a theme of Spring, maybe the Crown would only appear when this new crop of Springs invoked it and rebound the Antler crown to the new Seasonal Cycle....

Maybe that was what the Freehold needed. A new cycle, for a new era.

"You could Pledge for the Crown, like I did mine. Let the Wyrd judge you worthy, and the Cycle will be mended, and the 'hold will be safe."
    Currently Just a Simple Shade Shard~

S
    Sasha

The discussion of who would take on the reigns of Spring went faster than the Fairest had anticipated. In fact, she was shocked and her eyes fluttered slightly. Unabashed, the Shadowsoul plucked it like a perfect rose in a garden. But Sera was right to say what she did, not threatening, but she clearly wanted it to be known that she'd be keeping an eye on him. All of them were new and untested in their days here so far. It was really anyone's game, but at least something was immediately done.

Adding to Mhairi's suggestion, she grinned to Lucian . "You can make your pledge to both of us, since we are the two Sovereigns of the Freehold."

Turning to the group gathered, Sasha raised her voice to announce something else important. "For you of Summer, if you could please have a meeting before it comes time to pass the Crown to your season, that would be in the Freehold's best interest." Her eyes rested on Alexander, who already exhibited some qualities of a leader. They didn't need a repeat of tonight's discussions and worrying. "You are free to use the Blue Note to meet if you would like. But please let myself or @Malcolm know so we can make some minor arrangements." She smiled to the Summers who she could tell by their Mantles.

As the seasons passed, so did those who occupied the Freehold. Some would become fixtures, others would be like dandelions blowing in the breeze.

A
    AwakeOrangutang

While he had only been there once, it struck Charles as odd that the Spring Coronation this year was NOT taking place at The Rose Garden. Wasn't that basically the de facto Spring hang out? Oh sure, it might be called Rosetti's Garden, but that only highlighted the differences to him. He supposed he shouldn't care too much, he wasn't particularly fond of the former place to begin with, but he would've liked it to have been consistent with his past experiences. But he supposed that was what happened when you were absent for nearly a year.

The Blightbent had only recently arrived back to Sacramento. His former oath had long since expired and he was anxious to renew it once more. In addition, he worried over just what Ramona would have to say about him upon his return. While the business he had to attend to couldn't have been helped, leaving the Freehold without warning was unlikely to have put him in her good graces. Which was why it was so important that he show up at this passing of the crown. He wore simple attire, black slacks and a navy blue button up. His long hair was pulled back in a ponytail, the best way of keeping his locks from ruining his shirt. Nothing fancy, but the best he could do at a moment's notice.

"Once again, returning like a bad rash, I have arrived."

Freehold Pledge: Winter
    Allies (Clubs) 1
    Allies (Emergency Services) 1
    Allies (Unions) 3
    Malcolm Green, the Mountain

WP: 4/4
    Health: 10/10
    Giant
    Mantle: Bubble of crisp, cold, air surrounds him. Frost rimes his head and shoulders, tracing icy epaulettes.
    Malcolm Green

Sun Banisher's Oath

(+1 Investigation, +1 Intimidation) - Winter 2016

Freehold Pledge

(+1 Streetwise) - Winter 2016

Dragon's Bane Pledge

(+3 Faerie Favour) - Spring 2017
    Greens Scenes

Dragon Giant|

PRE

While the others talked, Green feasted quietly on his soup. Someone had ensured it was hot enough to survive the cold aura that always hung around him; and they had provided a sweet little basket of bread to go with it. By this point in the conversation, the mountain was moping up the last juicy dregs with a hunk of bread, the rich crust cracking under his clumsy fingers.

"Good to see we're getting organised," he rumbled appreciatively around a sopping mouthful. "Yeah. That might work. Pledge and then see who the Wyrd chooses. That was how we did the last time a Crown was needed." He nodded and was about to finish off the last of the bread when he noticed the new arrival.

"Hey. I know you. You been away..." If he said anything more its was lost as wolfed down the last hunk of bread.

He stabbed a finger to where Alexander was standing. "Ah. Your Court kinda crashed in your absence. Whats left is over there, now. We lost Ramona in the Hedge; running interference when we thought we were being followed by... um... enemy agents, yeah? Alexander and Cynthia over there are all thats left. Stay for the food. This soup was just right!"

8. Likes liked this post

Morgan Bellanar

PRE

Morgan nodded when she was told it would not require privacy, "Kay...oh," when it was revealed that Sera would not seek the crown, seniority to Lucian not withstanding. Morgan wasn't going to judge, given her own actions, "Nary judge ye Sera. If Autumn tried to crown me I would hath literally run to flee it. Follow I can do, lead nay so much."

Then she grinned, "Oh then fowl to found a'front of ye," Morgan held up a menu, shaking it in the air, "Tis upon page 3. And tis grand to ken we shalt hath 3 club executives out of the 4." It'd delay trouble for a few months at least.

She got distracted from the royal discussion by the arrival of an unknown...wait. She titled her head as she looked at Charles. "Dood seems familiar," but she really couldn't place the face to a name.

L
    Lucian

The controlled smile blossomed into a grin as Sera didn't fight him for the crown that may still not appear anyway. The Wyrd was a strange one and they may very well have pissed it off making it wait so long. "You can get the first crack at my pretty face if I do."

Between Mhairi and Sasha's suggestions he nodded. "Good idea, I still need to be a recognized by you two before can get any of this up and running anyway." He picked up the drink the waiter had refilled along with his order. "Then I, Lucian, with the Autumn and Winter sovereigns' blessing, vow to uphold all that my Court and this Freehold stands for as Spring's King. Even in my devotion to desire, I will not knowingly aid our enemies. If I should fail, either Court or Freehold, within a year and a day, let the Wyrd curse all that I do." He raised up his glass. His words would bind to the Wyrd, the drink was for him.

As Charles arrived an eyebrow of his flitted up, only to drop again when the others seemed to recognize him. "Yeah, I think Mr. Suit and Ms. Anger Management are trying to have a talk about it now if you wanted to get in on it." He nodded toward the aside Alexander was trying to set up. "But yeah, get yourself a drink and a snack, let's keep this thing going."

He sat himself down, taking a few bits of steak and potato, another sip of his drink. "Speaking of parties. What do you all want to see before things get hotter outside? Sera, Mhairi and I were floating around some ideas for an event. Might end up just being the trade off to Summer at this point, but I'll take what I can get. Threw out the possibility of a mock fashion show. Let everyone strut their fashions or show off someone else's if they don't have the inspiration or scratch. But I'm open to suggestions."

He added as he cut another steak slice in half, "If we want to go all tradition-tradition, we could host a championship. Three areas -- Art, Duel, and Puzzle. Whoever has the best production, whoever is last 'ling standing in a gentlemen - slash - women's bout, and whoever can bring the toughest riddle each wins a gold sticker and bragging rights."

Freehold Pledge

A
    Alexander Brown

By whatever twist of Fate or a particularly nasty set of circumstances, it appears that Alexander had mistook one of the other guests for Cynthia.* He looked around, seeking her for a moment, when a slight yet undeniable set of asphalt reached his nose. The man emanating the unusual odor resembled a corpse more than a living man. "A fellow Darkling?" has passed through his mind, but the other clous - like the foggy yees or the shining grease covering the man's hair - were pointing more to an Elemental, of the kind bound to pollution. One thing was for certain - the man was also allied with Summer.

Grabbing a snack, he approached Lucian and the corpse-man, he adopted a mockingly sad expression and tone of voice, and turning to the soon-to-be King of Spring, he said "Mr. Suit? Is that all you see in me? And here I was, spending so much time to find a tie that matches!"

"But Lucian here is right. Although Cynthia - or as he puts it, "Ms. Anger Management" - has disappeared on me, we were indeed about to have a talk about the Summer Crown. But where are my manners! Name's Alexander, how do you wish to be called, sir?" Did Morgan just say that he looks familiar to her? That could mean he's returning to town after being called on some business... or exiled. Which one could it be?

"And a healthy competition sometime in the future sounds marvelous. Great fun for the entire family."

Presence
    (Quiet Confidence)
    Striking Looks
    (Mesmerizing Eyes)
    Autumn's Regalia
    (Autumn Mantle)
    Fashion
    (Contacts, Status)
    Mhairi Ankaa

Mask

A slim girl, with raven black hair and grey-blue eyes. She likes wearing silver nail polish.
    Mien

Her skin; like moonlight captured. Quicksilver drips from her fingers, burning up before it lands. Motes of fell fire escape her eyes. In her hair, a galaxy, forming constellations which mimic the sky, changing with the Seasons.
    Mantle

Fear made manifest, Autumn's Regalia embraces the Wisp, as if she is Dread's most blessed daughter.
    Pledges & Other Things

Pledges

Autumn Queen Oath

Plot Stats

Fairy Floss
    Glamour:

House Call
    Glamour:
    HS Choker+1 Defense, -1g. Sparation3 -1g

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••
    Ask-wee-da-eed Telluric

At Sasha's words Mhairi nods, then beams when the Shadowsoul steps forward and makes his Pledge. The smile bright, dims...and falls away completely when that voice speaks up over the crowd. She thought he was gone. Forever, like so many of those who'd come and gone before and after him. But no, of course he had to be the one to return.

"Charles Goldwater." Mhairi is frowning. She might have grown to accept her own flames more, but she'd done nothing about the instinctive dislike of the Elementals of Pollution.

"They're not really all that's left...this is the first time I've seen them." expounding on Green's words. "So, yeah. The Crown needs to be decided between you tw-three." Though that slip might have been for the Blightbent, or for the suddenly missing Ogress.
    Currently Just a Simple Shade Shard~

Page 6 of 8 First ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Last
Closed Thread