Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

(ES1704) A Court without a Crown

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 5 of 8 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Last
    C
    Cynthia Pike

Cynthia nodded her head slightly to the demand. She was in no position to say otherwise after how she had acted. The Ogress took a moment to remember the original pledge that she had been requested to make, repeating it as acknowledgement and acceptance of the oath she was asked to take now. "I swear from Spring to Summer that I will not knowingly aid the enemies of the Freehold, whether they call themselves such or not, that I will not knowingly lead a freehold member to their doom, and that I in fact enrich the Freehold by my presence. I promise to fight for the Freehold and not against the Freehold."

The last part was harder for her to believe now, though. Cynthia knew it would be a long time before anyone truly trusted her after the ridiculously stupid things she had done today.

OOC

L
    Lucian

He smiled, thin, but there all the same at seeing Morgan’s flames perk up. Her joyous call to the group was what he wanted to hear more of from this gloomy bunch. He nodded along as Morgan went over some basics.

“Sick, I can track all that. Don’t know if I got a specific -- I mean, I do have one question.” No … is it rude to ask? Nah, yeah, it’s rude. Might have been something They did to her tongue.

“Well, alright yeah. What about glamour? I guess it’s a pretty easy one to slip in but if you’ve got some nicks, I’ll sling ‘em. I gotta thing for shit like this.” He grinned, “There was this poodle girl in San Fran, real – well, you get it. But she called Fetches, puppies. Would still turn heads if anyone talked of pulling a Lizzie Borden on one, I guess, but it had me rolling.” Something he dearly wished he was doing right now.

“But for real, you pissed off all four sovereigns and are still kicking around?” He was genuinely impressed, the edges around his darkened eyes seeming to sparkle a little more excitedly. “You should get a medal and I’ll drink to that.” He reached forward before remembering he’d finished his drink. A slight pout – the bar, it was so far away. Then his eyebrows twitched up.

“Mhairi!” He leaned back, languid, slinging his arms over the chair to twist enough and check that she and the Ogress had figured things out, more or less. “Mhairi – is thine handmaiden currently indisposed? Or think she might be able to get me another round?” She hadn’t seemed thrilled about the Raven winged attendant, but all the better then that he could get some bottle service on the cheap.

“I can say please real pretty.”
    He tilted his cheek down onto his hands with fingers laced together, letting ‘cute’ try to scramble over the black ooze of his fingers and the shadows of his face.

Morgan Bellanar

PRE

Morgan tilted her head in curiosity as Lucian seemed to stumble on his words. Had he changed his mind? Oh, he wanted to know about club speak for glamour? Morgan hummed in thought as she munched another cheese treat. Swallowing and washing it down with water she cleared her throat, "Well, heh, usually if we talk upon glamour in club speak we phrase it as an analogy for aught that it tis: fuel. Filling up or running on empty tis an oft used phrase. When it doth let slip, like saying," her tone changed to high pitched as she said stood on her toes and closed her eyes: "I love me some glamour, tee-hee," and then she went back to normal, "that tis easy to cover up by quoting from Glamour." After a pause to see if Lucian understood she continued, "Glamour tis a women's magazine. Suggest reading it if ye art going to try and cloak thine slips with that trick."

Morgan chuckled at the mention of her first meeting with the Freehold. She rubbed the back of her head, "Well it twas mine first time heh here. Nary an analogy to Cynthia's confrontation," she pointed at the Ogress, "I twas heh defending a new friend who had violated the Oath and uh," she blushed, "I heh hadn't noticed it happen back then. Lo I lacked any spine back then, plus mine lexicon twas most different. And vastly less comprehensible."

Morgan give a dry laugh, "I suspect I twas too pathetic for them to heh hold it against me. Probably took them an age to discern my words too, heh." She sipped her water again. "And I do hath a metal," she grasped something underneath her collar. She pulled out and displayed the bronzed Fire Nation pendant, "That doubles as a catch, heh. And yay to drinking. Lo sometimes seems that we art all drunkards, heh, but tis Spring so tis copacetic I suppose, heh heh."

4. Likes liked this post
    S
    Sasha

Sasha wanted to applaud Mhairi. If the Elemental was ever unsure of how she would be effective as a Sovereign, the Fairest hoped she wasn't any longer. She handled the situation very well and with no combat necessary.

Now the question was the food everyone spoke of. The Dancer never really ate at previous engagements, and barely nibbled. Although, she did eat some soup at the Autumn gathering. Snickering at the conversation between Lucian and Morgan; they were quite the pair in their exchange.

A few memories trickled in, the times where Mrs. Rosemary went over the top with the food and followed it up by a cake that most chef's would be envious of the detail. She never did actually eat any of the Ogre's cakes, but, there was something about a Gristlegrinder that always made her skeptical.

To anyone who was listening, she looked over to the food. "So, what's good over there so far? Anyone have a recommendation?"

Freehold Pledge: Winter
    Allies (Clubs) 1
    Allies (Emergency Services) 1
    Allies (Unions) 3
    Malcolm Green, the Mountain

WP: 4/4
    Health: 10/10
    Giant
    Mantle: Bubble of crisp, cold, air surrounds him. Frost rimes his head and shoulders, tracing icy epaulettes.
    Malcolm Green

Sun Banisher's Oath

(+1 Investigation, +1 Intimidation) - Winter 2016

Freehold Pledge

(+1 Streetwise) - Winter 2016

Dragon's Bane Pledge

(+3 Faerie Favour) - Spring 2017
    Greens Scenes

Dragon Giant|

PRE

"Soup. Soup looks good."

Green rumbled. He tapped the menu with a meaty finger.

Time to put the shaky start behind them. Time to breathe easier as it appear the Freehold Oath held (for the moment). Time not to worry about Dragons, rumours of rival Freeholds, strange Hollow's opening in the Hedge, and dangerous Oaths.
    Last edited by Malcolm Green; Apr 17th, 2017 at 01:57 AM.  Reason for Edit: colours

7. Likes liked this post
    Bump West "Bump" this post
    Presence
    (Quiet Confidence)
    Striking Looks
    (Mesmerizing Eyes)
    Autumn's Regalia
    (Autumn Mantle)
    Fashion
    (Contacts, Status)
    Mhairi Ankaa

Mask

A slim girl, with raven black hair and grey-blue eyes. She likes wearing silver nail polish.
    Mien

Her skin; like moonlight captured. Quicksilver drips from her fingers, burning up before it lands. Motes of fell fire escape her eyes. In her hair, a galaxy, forming constellations which mimic the sky, changing with the Seasons.
    Mantle

Fear made manifest, Autumn's Regalia embraces the Wisp, as if she is Dread's most blessed daughter.
    Pledges & Other Things

Pledges

Autumn Queen Oath

Plot Stats

Fairy Floss
    Defense: 3 +1
    Heath: Willpower
    Glamour:

House Call
    Defense: 3 +1
    Heath: Willpower
    Glamour:
    HS Choker+1 Defense, -1g. Sparation3 -1g

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••
    Ask-wee-da-eed Telluric

"I accept." The Summer Ogress Swears the Wyrd lifts it oppressive and expectant weight, and Mhairi's stance relaxes. It was done. "Now, Cynthia. Don't forget the meditation and the yoga."

Lucian and Morgan are talking and Mhairi smiles, their conversation finally filtering through her ears.

Soup! Mhairi can't help but laugh. "The soup does look good, but I think I'll keep to my curry."

And speaking of, the Lurkglider Dinbrane had brought Mhairi the dish, once she was sure that the Ogress wouldn't cause anymore trouble.

"Yum. Thank you."
    Currently Just a Simple Shade Shard~

L
    Lucian

He bobbed his head to Morgan's overview of their slang, "I can get behind the road warrior thing. Charging up, fueling up, that works." He chuckled, low and even as the rest of his words. The edges of his smokey eyes sparkled with her being game for indulging him in the chatter. The connection to Glamour magazine suited him just fine. He was already a fan of checking on what the normans of the normans were up to before how many ways to use a pastel scarf got to him. "Oh, yeah. I love their tips and tricks on how to sexually traumatize my man. Surprise him with a sharp knee to the kidney, he'll go wild."

Hearing that she recognized the speech was its own sort of relief. He didn't have to feel bad about getting anything repeated, not that he was having too tough a time. "Ah, well sometimes we all pick the wrong horse. I don't think sticking up for someone you care about is ever bad, even if you were working with bad info." With how he'd seen her rush to Mhairi's side, didn't seem like she'd let it affect her penchant for trust -- but still.

He shrugged with the idea it was that lexicon, "Eh, I don't know. It's not like pure mod lingo is always an easy study. I've had to pull up urban dictionary once or twice myself. Don't know if should be offended or flattered with some of it. I've gotten a drink or two poured on me -- shocker right?"

He leaned forward to inspect the pin. It took him a moment to realize the reference. Once it clicked he grinned and leaned back. "Sick. Yeah I've got me a whip for a bit of my own catch action, not that I'm itching to use it for that. Way better uses first." He let his mouth open, long tongue peeking out and the piercing at its center catching the light for a moment.

He pulled a menu close to inspect himself as talk turned to food and drink. He nodded with Morgan's assessment of tipping back with Spring, "Right on -- always time for moderation after the party." With Sasha's call for recommendations he added, "I've been eyeing the Steak Frites." What could he say, steak and potatoes sounded good in any language. He didn't have to feel all that bad about flagging down a waiter now that other people might be ordering and he wasn't just getting the bustling staff to just run bar service.

Seraphina
    Presence
    (Magnetic)
    Striking Looks
    (Enthralling)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Angelic)
    New Identity
    (Sarah Jones)
    Mantle (Spring)
    (In Mini Sheet)
    Seraphina

Mien

Softly shimmering gold flakes catch the light whenever she moves, delicate gilded gold and diamond scales extenuate the rare greenish blue color of her aquamarine eyes. In the right light, or when her mood changes, her eyes seem to illuminate from within, it’s a very gentle glow. This is the ocean lives in Sera's eyes. The scales trail up to her temples and forehead. Her hair reaches down her back, brushing the ground, spun silver and emerald. Perfectly placed tiny pearls can be seen woven throughout her hair. Very fine diamond dust falls loose from her hair when she moves, reflecting rainbows from the light. The scales on her hands are dulled by the simple fact that her hands are translucent. There is an iridescent scale like skin that pulls delicately up from her ears. The membrane shimmers and has three curly points.
    Seraphina

Fairest

Nix/Treasured
    Mantle

Cherry blossoms gilded in gold bloom from her hair, tumbling down as a warm rejuvenating spring breeze gently kisses the air with the scent of freshly cut grass. The sound of birds singing can be heard as the wildflowers grow and bloom in vibrant colors where she walks, swaying and lively in the breeze.
    Sera's hands and lower legs are translucent while the rest of her has cracks
    Seraphina

Mask
    A fairly tall woman, roughly 5'11 with long, wavy dark brown hair. Her eyes are an intense, deep bright blue, reminding one of sapphires. Her lips are full and her skin is flawless. With that perfection comes a body that men fawn and drool over, and women envy.

Health Tracker

Haunted House
    Items

Hedgespun Items

Tear dropped shaped pendant, form fitted waterfall jacket

Misc.

-3 to any rolls involving Presence
    Seraphina Scenes

Dreaming, -1 WP to analyze, WP to hold Dream together, Dreamscape
      -1 Glamour into Wyrdstone

+2
    SL
    +2
    DV
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••••
    Treasured Nix

Well, that was unexpected. Sapphire eyes watch intently as the challenge was issued from the new Summer, and quickly, and efficiently handled by Mhairi.

Once it seemed to be defused, it dawned upon her. They had to have a Spring Sovereign, it couldn't be avoided any longer. But who would take the Crown? More importantly, would the Wyrd accept whoever decided to step up?

Sighing and taking a sip of her water, she walks over to Lucian. "Hate to intrude on the conversation, but giving what just happened, I think we need to discuss who is going to wear the Crown." eyes move over the amazing food, wanting to sit down and eat more than discuss this. Her voice, while still angelic, had a more serious tone to it.
    Treasured/Nix Wyrd●●●●

Morgan Bellanar

PRE

Road warrior? Oh, Mel Gibson. She grinned before getting a confused look on her face about his jest regarding Glamour. She took a step back with a look of worry, "Sooo ye art into S&M? Ye might like the Asylum...oh, jest, heh, ye art making. Good one, heh heh," she chuckled as the got it, retracting the step she'd just taken away from Lucian.

Morgan nodded in agreement with Lucian at her standing up for others, "Heh, truth in that. Did its again against the Witch of the Bitter winds. Malory ended up being a nice, uh, good, uh," her face scrunched up as she tried to be diplomatic about the temperental Summer she'd defended against an angry Betony Rue Jonson. Morgan closed her eyes, smiled and gave a nod,"She twas a most loyal friend, heh. That ended better, even if Betony always scared the piss out of me," Morgan would freely admit to being scared of the Ogress that'd run Edna's for so long.

Morgan raised both arms in the "I don't know" gesture as she shook her head in the negative, "Nary ken if lexicon tis the right phrase. Tis more a hybrid of old English and big words. Requires I cogitate as a pontificate. Aught else that worked twas to speak like Yoda." She tilted her head and kept talking, "Looks for that, I have not, hmmm?" she quirked an eyebrow as she grinned, straightening her neck. "Shocking? Depends, did ye want the drink poured upon ye or not? And thank ye, but a whip ye say ye use? Heh, mayhaps thine jest twas heh nary a jest?"

Her tone made it clear she was joking. Sasha's hint made her take up a menu herself, "Aught here tis better then whence I supped upon when I first escaped. Bacon potatoes sound delicious, heh. Do they really need to calorie count all of this though? Nary see the point."

Statements like that always irked norman women around Morgan. The mortal often blamed genetics for her lack of body fat. Unlike some Lost for whom Arcadia gave such a boon, Morgan gained came by it honestly: through her athletic life style. "Battered chicken sounds tasty too, heh."

And hen Seraphina was there. "Oh...if tis to be a private Spring talk I can," she pointed to Mhairi with one hand and Green with the other, "be elsewhere."

L
    Lucian

When Morgan backed away, Lucian's first response wasn't concern. He kept his features steady. His own head tilted back, an eyebrow flickering a shadow higher. That'd better be a club downtown ...

When she realized that he'd been joking, at least in the context of no safety word, that conscious control of his face slackened. "Haven't gotten too many complaints so far."

In fact, as she spoke, he couldn't help it. He was genuinely smiling as he listened to that rare bird -- earnest lack of irony. For him it was a cooling mist after so long spent with barbed wit. He happily just listened, among nods and affirmatives, elbow up on the back of his chair and gazing at her from the dark veil around his eyes. He did have to control himself from laughing once or twice, joining only when she began, being on such uneven ground. He was charmed, but maybe it was just something about Beasts.

Sera's melodic voice cut through the daze, like he'd binged on cat videos, oddly pulling him back to the moment before casting its own spell. "Sera. Right ... right. Yeah, that's kinda why this shindig's happening, huh?" He scooted his chair back to stand.

He cast a look to Morgan as she offered to go before he looked back to Sera, "Oh, we can make it private if you want. But I don't mind saying that I will take the Crown." As proud as his haughtiest teachers might have been with leaving it at that, he did understand protocol. "But it would really be you giving it to me. Either way, we'll be making a pledge to keep us both safe. The Crown just lets everyone on board, right?" He tried his best for an inoffensive smile. He wouldn't start a coup, but it was up for grabs and he wasn't in Spring to be bashful.

Page 5 of 8 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Last
Closed Thread