Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

(ES1704) A Court without a Crown

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 2 of 8 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... Last

Morgan Bellanar

PRE

"Oh, heh, sup Alexander? Um," Morgan gets uncomfortable at the mention of good health, looking down at her chest and poking part of herself. "Uh, heh, good health, heh, now. Fortunes tis undetermined yet, heh. Heh hope tis an upturn tonight." She'd met the chivalrous man before, and she did hope his fortunes didn't run as bad as her last adventure had.

"Green, heh, I tender ye my thanks once more, truly I do," Morgan sounded grateful and apologetic at the same time somehow. She'd not interrupt Green's conversation with others but she still felt she very muched owed her pack--erm, friends a great debt.

Morgan blinked at Lucian before accepting his hand with a shake. If Mhairi knew him he shouldn't be a threat. She gave a weak smile and shook her head, "Nay, I don't. Tis good armor though, heh, that don't freak out normans. Good for parkour too lo I nary ken heh how to drive a car," she tilted her head and purred thoughtfully, "Mayhaps that should be amended, heh-heh. Or better armor," she grimaced as she recalled what happened to her last jacket, "Yay, it tis shit against swords. Better armor tis a solid investment."

Morgan forced a smile on to reassure Mhairi, "Still ye both hath mine thanks. I am...healthy. That much, heh, new flesh growing in feels...nary ken the right word...funky? Nary the smell just...heh, wierd feeling. Thaaat and aught I eat tastes of blood," the smile turned genuine as she chuckled, "And heh heh I'd first thought blood oranges were aptly named, heh heh."

And the queen of Winter was here too! "Good evening to thee Sasha. Tis a fine evening, yay?" And Morgan remembered to breath again at this point, having wheezed out her last question. She had to be nervous to have forgotten how to breath and talk at the same time again.

A
    Alexander Brown

Alexander accepts the handshake of the mountain-man with a smile, athough the chilly breeze had gotten right into his bones. "My Name is Alexander Brown. Pleased to make your acquaintance" This was more of a general greeting, as he noticed that the Autumn Queen as well as the woman with violet eyes (that must be Sasha, the Queen of Winter, he thought to himself as he greeted her the same way he did the previous three women) gave him the "who the hell are you?" look. "My apologies, I sometimes forget that blending in is a two-way street, so to speak. I was a freehold member for some time now, just spending most of my time... behind the scenes." It was a good thing at least the raccon-girl remembered him. It was a short, yet very pleasant meeting. She was honest and had a good heart, unlike many of Alexander's associates at the Hall. So when she assured him of her good health he smiled in a friendly way. However, the fact that she added that it's good "now" worried him a little. He will have to inquire about it more later.

"Mr. Lucian, good evening!" he said to the goth Fairest, undecided if it was his clothes or his aura of darkness that creeped him out more.

This is when the dry wind entered, and the muscled woman followed. He has never seen her before, although that she was an Ogre of his own Court was not exactly hard to guess. He studied her features for a moment, a little surprised that even in this formal circumstances one of his fellow Courtiers would show disregard for decorum. Still, she had a powerful aura of Summer around her, and that alone warranted a handkiss attempt and a...

"Good evening! We are well, thank you. I'm sorry, but I don't think we've met before. Are you native to those parts? My name is Alexander Brown, and this is Ms. Ankaa, the Queen of Autumn, Ms. Collins, the Queen of Winter, Ms. Bellanar, Lady Scrivener, Lady Seraphina and Mr. Lucian of the Court of Spring and Mr. Green of the Court of Winter."

Freehold Pledge: Winter
    Allies (Clubs) 1
    Allies (Emergency Services) 1
    Allies (Unions) 3
    Malcolm Green, the Mountain

WP: 4/4
    Health: 10/10
    Giant
    Mantle: Bubble of crisp, cold, air surrounds him. Frost rimes his head and shoulders, tracing icy epaulettes.
    Malcolm Green

Sun Banisher's Oath

(+1 Investigation, +1 Intimidation) - Winter 2016

Freehold Pledge

(+1 Streetwise) - Winter 2016

Dragon's Bane Pledge

(+3 Faerie Favour) - Spring 2017
    Greens Scenes

Dragon Giant|

PRE

"Behind the scenes huh?" Green rumbled but did not press the matter. "You come to see what happens now we got no Vernal Sovereign, yeah?"

Green accepted Alexander's hand shake then moved off to take possession of a seat. He was still trying (and failing) to fit around the table when Cynthia and Lucian made their entrance. He eyed them flatly for a moment, before catching L'aire's eye and paying his respects.

"So. What does happen now?" A blunt Elemental is blunt. Green's gemstone eyes return to scanning the gathering, alighting with especial weight upon those who bore the fresh mantle of Spring. "Anyway, we got news to share. I'd be happy to share it if someone gets me a beer."

L
    Lucian

Lucian nodded along with Morgan's response, whatever difficulties her speech might have given him tucked safely behind that flat mask of his face. His lips pulled in a small smile, "Normans, nice, I like that. Hopefully we'll keep the swords to a minimum, even once you get that upgrade."

"Right?" He added with Mhairi's notice of the jacket vibe. "All we need is a pin, some hats, and we've got a lunch group." He reached into his pocket to pull out a small box and offered it over. Inside was a glass vial filled with what looked to be blood mixed with a kind of glitter, swirling even while held still. If she chose to look at it he'd add, "It's a bit morbid but maybe that's a selling point. Don't know what exactly it belonged to before. If you do any forensics you'll have to let me know, it makes the hob I got it from way more impressive if it was something good."

With that he looked to Sasha and gave a similar bow of his head to the Winter Queen as he had to Mhairi when he learned she was Autumn's. "You too, that dress is killer. I meant to come by the Blue Note and do some formal introductions. Sera and Mhairi sang your praises, but with everything going on," he gestured around at the gathering, "This seemed like a better use of your time. I hope to get the chance to see the Note though. I won't go saying I'm an artist, but I know Sera will be performing there, and I'd love to help out with the club if you ever needed some extra hands around."

He nodded to Alexander, "Brown, evening. Now, hey, where's my kiss?" He teased as the Darkling went on a hand smooching spree. He didn't offer his hand to push it, but he wouldn't turn it down either. He'd let Brown finish out his introductions but he offered a smile to Cynthia. It was a bit stereotypical of him, but he was happy an Ogre had shown up with all the trouble in the Freehold. That and he was glad there was someone going casual and comfortable in what should have been a Spring feel good party.

As Green rumbled after creaking into the seat, he offered, "Drinks sound like a start. I could use something myself, so I'll grab that beer. Any other requests?" He looked around at the group forming. He wasn't going to make playing waiter a regular thing if he could help it, but in lieu of a Sovereign to host he could pick up at least a little slack.

Seraphina
    Presence
    (Magnetic)
    Striking Looks
    (Enthralling)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Angelic)
    New Identity
    (Sarah Jones)
    Mantle (Spring)
    (In Mini Sheet)
    Seraphina

Mien

Softly shimmering gold flakes catch the light whenever she moves, delicate gilded gold and diamond scales extenuate the rare greenish blue color of her aquamarine eyes. In the right light, or when her mood changes, her eyes seem to illuminate from within, it’s a very gentle glow. This is the ocean lives in Sera's eyes. The scales trail up to her temples and forehead. Her hair reaches down her back, brushing the ground, spun silver and emerald. Perfectly placed tiny pearls can be seen woven throughout her hair. Very fine diamond dust falls loose from her hair when she moves, reflecting rainbows from the light. The scales on her hands are dulled by the simple fact that her hands are translucent. There is an iridescent scale like skin that pulls delicately up from her ears. The membrane shimmers and has three curly points.
    Seraphina

Fairest

Nix/Treasured
    Mantle

Cherry blossoms gilded in gold bloom from her hair, tumbling down as a warm rejuvenating spring breeze gently kisses the air with the scent of freshly cut grass. The sound of birds singing can be heard as the wildflowers grow and bloom in vibrant colors where she walks, swaying and lively in the breeze.
    Sera's hands and lower legs are translucent while the rest of her has cracks
    Seraphina

Mask
    A fairly tall woman, roughly 5'11 with long, wavy dark brown hair. Her eyes are an intense, deep bright blue, reminding one of sapphires. Her lips are full and her skin is flawless. With that perfection comes a body that men fawn and drool over, and women envy.

Health Tracker

Haunted House
    Items

Hedgespun Items

Tear dropped shaped pendant, form fitted waterfall jacket

Misc.

-3 to any rolls involving Presence
    Seraphina Scenes

Dreaming, -1 WP to analyze, WP to hold Dream together, Dreamscape
      -1 Glamour into Wyrdstone

+2
    SL
    +2
    DV
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••••
    Treasured Nix

The Nix wondered what had the raccoon jumpy, but supposed she would share if she wanted to.
    “Hi Morgan.” She greets with a smile. "You ok?" the smile faded to show concern.

Then a new face entered, a barely noticeable warm summer breeze coming with him. A summer perhaps? She guess with a smile.

Lady? That was kinda new, she hadn’t had the term used with her name in quite some time. Though she does allow him to kiss her hand, it was sweet and not something you experienced a whole lot.

“Pleased to meet you, is Alexander ok to call you?” comes the angelic voice, the smile following it warm. Some people had specific ways they liked to be referred to, and it was always best to ask. “You can just call me Sera if you like.” Though she was curious where the Lady tied into her name.

The imposing Green got a smile when he joined them. She had to wonder if there was more to him aside from being big and imposing, he didn’t talk much. And that got her curious about him.

As her fellow Spring appears, she smiles, “Lucian, good to see you again! That is an amazing coat!” it seemed this Spring had an eye for fashion and flair. Which was great in her opinion.

Sapphires flicker to Mhairi, “Oh, well, um,” she pauses, how to put it, frowning “Not really. We found the Mistress of Ink, and were invited in to share tales with her. Needless to say Alex left, I’m not sure why, as did Pippin.” She looks disappointed, “I wasn’t able to gather anything useful, I’m sorry.” She hated failing at something, especially when she tried and those around her left her holding the bag.

As Sasha entered, the smile returned, “That is one of the most beautiful dresses I have seen! You and I have to go shopping sometime. You look radiant!” it was hard not to notice how amazing the Fairest looked.

Now the other new Lost, well, she stood out for another reason. Her clothes, which looked well-worn and a little dirty. She had to remind herself not to judge the woman based off her clothes.

The warm dry wind that she brought made Sera think she was Summer. She had a brazen presence and an intense look to her,

“Hi, I’m Seraphina.” Comes her angelic voice with a friendly smile. “But Sera is fine.” She wasn’t formal unless she had to be.

Looking to Lucian, “I can help you get the drinks if you like. I’ll just take a water.”
    Treasured/Nix Wyrd●●●●

6. Likes Origins, , Yumyumcrow liked this post
    Presence
    (Quiet Confidence)
    Striking Looks
    (Mesmerizing Eyes)
    Autumn's Regalia
    (Autumn Mantle)
    Fashion
    (Contacts, Status)
    Mhairi Ankaa

Mask

A slim girl, with raven black hair and grey-blue eyes. She likes wearing silver nail polish.
    Mien

Her skin; like moonlight captured. Quicksilver drips from her fingers, burning up before it lands. Motes of fell fire escape her eyes. In her hair, a galaxy, forming constellations which mimic the sky, changing with the Seasons.
    Mantle

Fear made manifest, Autumn's Regalia embraces the Wisp, as if she is Dread's most blessed daughter.
    Pledges & Other Things

Pledges

Autumn Queen Oath

Plot Stats

Fairy Floss
    Defense: 3 +1
    Heath: Willpower
    Glamour:

House Call
    Defense: 3 +1
    Heath: Willpower
    Glamour:
    HS Choker+1 Defense, -1g. Sparation3 -1g

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••
    Ask-wee-da-eed Telluric

"Sasha, hello!" Mhairi chirps as the Onyx Sovereign makes her appearance, Autumn's wisp takes in the Dancer's dress. It was beautiful, and the symbolism - if Sasha was doing the same with her dress as Mhairi had hers for the change over from Autumn to Winter - was doubly perfict. "A beautiful gown Sasha, did you have to custom order it?"

Under the winter chill that both Sasha and Green gave off, Mhairi could feel a subtle touch of warmth, which heralded an Ogre's arrival. Mhairi lifts her arm and gives the Bloodbrute a wave with her quicksilver coated and ever dripping fingers.

Turning to fully face her Paladin Mhairi gives Morgan a very serious looks, her hands reach for the Steepscrabler's shoulders, "I am very glad you have new flesh. Even if it itches." taking a moment to linger, fell-flames dance as she tries to make sure Morgan understood how important she was to Mhairi. Abruptly the hands drop and Mhairi's brow furrow, :"I'm sure there's a way to fix that bloody taste, we might need a different goblin fruit, or maybe just some normal food....maybe it'll leave on it's own...but considering how it came to be, I doubt it."

The Summer Mirrorskin speaks and Mhairi's fell-flames narrow, motes of fire escaping and drifting upward only to disappear when they drifted to far from the Wisp. A spy. Someone without a touch of the Freehold Pledge binding him to the Freehold, so his claim to be a Freehold member rang false. He could have been an informant to anyone...or anything. Fear nudges, and coils within her chest, settling into a cold knot of dread...they needed to do something about him. She thinks to try and catch Green's gemstone eyes, but between the two of them, any silent speaking wouldn't do any good. She's have to call the Mountain after the party.

Her shoulders relaxes from their place by her ears when it seems like the Darkling's information is old. Morgan hadn't been Scrivener for half a year now.

Lucian passes her the box and she takes a peek inside, "Huh," she closes the box, and puts it into a pocket, "I will definitely have to get this looked at..." she trails off knowing that her words sounded weird but not knowing why. "Thank you."

Turning to the Nix, "It's okay Sera, with Alex and Pippin gone, I knew that your task was exponentially harder then it was when I gave it to you."

Taking her fell-flames off Sera, Mhairi's gaze fell between Green and Morgan. "Yeah we have a lot to talk about. What myself and a few others have been up to, and what do we do now since there's no Spring Sovereign." Stepping away from Sera and Morgan, she speaks to the unsworn newcomers. "You cannot Pledge to the Freehold because the Freehold has no Sovereign, but each of us," Mhairi points to herself, Sasha, Green, Morgan and Sera, "Can keep and bind a few Oaths. We don't know you are not our enemies. I suggest a Pledge of Good Intent, held for a Season."

Fell-flames flicker around the room.

"Swear for a Season, from Spring to Summer that you will not knowingly aid the enemies of the Freehold, whether they call themselves such or not, that you will not lead a freehold member to their doom, that you in fact enrich the Freehold by your presence. In exchange, for as long as your word hold's true, we will swear to offer you a place of safe harbor, and succor. We will protect you as you would us."

A breath, "I assume Lucian would wish to swear to Sera? Alexander to Green or Sasha..." he was a self admitted spy, and that fell under Winter's purview. Fell-flames turn to the Ogress, @Cynthia "Would you want to swear to me or Morgan?"

Suggested Pledge of Good Intent
    Currently Just a Simple Shade Shard~

8. Likes Origins, Cayce, Yumyumcrow liked this post
    S
    Sasha

"Hello Morgan, I am wonderfully well, thank you much. I hope you are the same?" She said with a lilt and a question to the sweet Fireheart.

"Lucian, you are more than welcome to any of my time. I'd love to sit down with you at any time, tonight or after." She grinned at the Spring, wondering if he'd stay, how long he'd stay and how he would mesh with the rest of the Freehold. The Dancer never worried about it too much before, but now, as a Sovereign, it played on her mind all the time. "You too, Alexander Brown. In fact, perhaps the two of you could meet me at the Note sometime to just chat." Killing two birds with one stone was more favorable.

"Thank you, Mhairi!" She said nearly glowing. "Actually, I find them at random and purchase them discounted when I feel they may become useful. Online shopping is fun." Her answer was both to the Mhairi and to Sera. Especially when it's easy to fit in to the exact size that the Fairest orders. "But, I do find unique things in the boutiques around town. The little off the wall shops sometimes have the best things." Once Terri's store was like that. How she missed that Autumn Squirrel.

Their host for the evening, Cosette, had only been able to give Mhairi a nod in return for the thanks, as not a moment later one of the Lost waitstaff bustled up to her with a status report, presumably on whatever was happening back in the kitchen without her. She was a short, thin woman, dressed in a black chef's uniform. Yet, everywhere not covered by the uniform's cloth, her flesh seemed to gleam in the light, as though it was covered in a very fine layer of grease, and her hair looked as though one might be able to dress a salad if they only grasped the braid going down her back and squeezed...

Like many of the Lost, she was quite disconcerting to look at, with jagged, sharp teeth and a long black tongue that only seemed to emphasize the grotesque oily sheen that covered her, and yet, a perpetual flush lived in her cheeks, adding a sense of joy and bashfulness that did quite a bit to soften her other features.

No matter her appearance, however, it was quite clear that she could cook, even if only from the smell of the buffet surrounding them.

And, eventually, her conversation with the waiter ended and she was able to turn back to the conversation between Sacramento's Old Guard, and the fresh faces new to the city.

"Excuse me,"
    the chef cut in, "I don't mean to interrupt the swearing of pledges, but I wanted to let you all know that you're welcome to enjoy everything in the restaurant, and that we're all ready to listen whenever you're ready to share whatever news you might have. Also, Dread Queen, Dinbrane's offered to be your personal server for the evening."

The oily chef nodded towards the looming figure of Dinbrane, a pale skinned, dark haired woman with raven's wings sprouting from her back, who was apparently guarding one of the few empty tables left in the restuarant.

Cosette Boucher, Wizened Pamarindo, Knight of the Knowledge of the Tongue, Spring Courtier.

11. Likes , Yumyumcrow liked this post

Morgan Bellanar

PRE

Morgan let out a dry laugh before raising her hand at Alexander's introduction of her, "Eh heh heh, actually Alex, Imma the Paladin of Shadows now, heh, promotion and aught like that, heh...heh no shining armor ever though, maybe armor though. Yes L'Aire, I am doing well now." she grinned nodded at the last reigning sovereign of the Freehold.

In answer to Green's question, Morgan wracked her brain. "Well Green, Chicago and some other heh holds hath had courts that nary give up power each season. Buuut their courts art dickish to each, ssssso that's robably nay for us. Uuuuh, royal committee? Or a Spring heh here gets a temp oath and crowned." She looked around at the Springs present, hoping that someone would follow Mhairi's example during he ascension. Like Cosette maybe? "There art a few heh here."

Morgan was briefly confused that Lucian didn't know club speak. Then recalled he was new, "Ye don't--oh, right, ye art new Lucian. We hath a club speak or, heh, slang we use when talking in public. I can give ye the low down later, heh. If ye art taking drinks, I shalt also favor water, won't taste aught anyway," she mumbled out the last part.

Morgan nodded at Sera, "Nary worry Sera," she jerked a thumb to Mhairi, "Liek Mhairi said, sword hole fully heh healed full. And nay worry Mhairi," she smiled at her queen, "It'll likely fade eventually. And I must grateful still, my queen." the smile was at least not forced anymore. "Yeah, swapping notes tis a good goal, heh."

13. Likes liked this post
    C
    Cynthia Pike

Cynthia still wasn't entirely sure what to make of this new place. However, the people seemed nice enough. She gave nods of her own in return to those few who chose to notice her, glad to at least have somewhere to get off her feet for a while. Her smile faded, however, when one of people already present approached her and 'suggested' that she Oathbind herself to a group of strangers. Cynthia took a deep breath and kept her cool as best she could. It had been a good long trip making it to the west coast, she was tired and on edge, but she wasn't going to do something stupid. There wasn't any reason to start making enemies, after all.

"I don't know you're not my enemy," Cynthia replied, tucking her shades into a pocket of her jacket. "Obviously you've got no reason to trust me. I just showed up out of the blue. I'm a stranger. But I wouldn't trust someone who just took an oath on demand either. Shows poor judgement to blindly trust, in my opinion."

The Ogre held up a hand in a placating gesture, though there was definitely a tension in her. She wasn't stupid and she was ready if the entire mood shifted against her. "How about we talk, get to know each other, maybe have some food and drinks, and then I can see if I'm feeling up for binding myself to anyone. Alright?"

She offered a hopeful smile to the shiny star lady in front of her.

Page 2 of 8 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... Last
Closed Thread