Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
21 - 30
DISPLAYED
(Witch House) Recurring Dreams

This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 3 of 13 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... Last
    Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

PRE

While the other's talk, Nathan hunts the interwebs.

It is hard work in a post-Truth world, he finds. The internet is a sea of information; tracking down just what he wants is like hunting for a needle in a haystack. Between battling to narrow down search terms and hitting paywalls just when he believe's he's found a worth while lead; between finding useful information and cutting through the useless crap and misinformation, he manages to find the following:

*That the building of Edna's boarding house has existed since the Gilded Age. From time to time there have been efforts to get the building Listed for its architectural and historical value. For the most part these efforts have born little fruit.

*The house was the site of a grizzly multiple murder in the 2000s - the victims were the owner of the house and the guest's; even then, Edna's was a boarding house: owner Edna Fritz. Police have still not solved the case. Some other sources do note that Edna's Boarding House continues to function as a hotel; but without an internet presence of its own, the site remains blissfully under the radar. At least one national publication has a story on Edna's Boarding house and notes its continued use - but indicates the place is merely "quaint" and "for true enthusiasts only" citing the continued ill reputation spawned by the recent murders.

*It is insanely difficult to construct the building's history. There is plenty of rumour and gossip. There is a dearth of concrete facts. Stories of ghosts, ghouls, and nefarious deeds abound - and these often outright contradict an alternative history of the building being a home to a succession of wealthy families and a hotel of some description or another since at least the 1950s.

*A local "occult resource" cites that Mad Albert the Cultist King resided at the house briefly in the late 1940s when another famed occultist - Agatha Cartwright - lived there.

*A different resource has a lot to say on the salacious gossip surrounding a coven of witches who lived at the house in the roaring 20s. It is hard to get the names of the individuals, however, as the source material is pretty awful and hardly any use. At best, it would seem the house was a hotel or a bordello or a Sorority house.

2. Likes Gwydden, liked this post

Alex Rivers

"So there are several past events here that might be related to the dreams... the murders, some people playing wizard and the witches' coven. I can try to research that stuff later... but if any of those things are tied to the dreams, presumably there are some clues in here somewhere. Although as many times as this building has been renovated and remodeled, I'm not sure if we can get to it without literally tearing the place apart... So what should we be looking for, exactly?"

Alex hopes Mhairi has some kind of plan for searching the premises...

Morgan Bellanar

PRE

"Mine own heh dream skills art lacking too, heh, Alex. I've nary a oneiromachy contracts. Oh! Tip: arm ye self in thine own dreams, heh, a'fore venturing forth. As far as I ken, Mhairi tis the best I oneirmancer in town rights now, heh." she nodded her head towards her queen before continuing "I suppose, heh-heh, we start with searching, lest I hath to don clothes sooner, heh-heh."

Morgan nodded her head at Nathan's curiosity, "Well, heh-heh, for whom the old timey lady tis leads art dependent. With that heh massacre in the past if she twas heh here during that she'd probably be mentioned in old newspapers...I think libraries gots those, heh." Morgan made no mention of computers. She wasn't as bad as she used to be with them but was still hopeless.

And then she finished off the jerky and started to search the Boarding House: "May be aught planted in the vacant rooms. Imma check them for, heh, aught that feels weird with the...Wyrd, bad word choice."

Seraphina
    Presence
    (Magnetic)
    Striking Looks
    (Enthralling)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Angelic)
    New Identity
    (Sarah Jones)
    Mantle (Spring)
    (In Mini Sheet)
    Seraphina

Mien

Softly shimmering gold flakes catch the light whenever she moves, delicate gilded gold and diamond scales extenuate the rare greenish blue color of her aquamarine eyes. In the right light, or when her mood changes, her eyes seem to illuminate from within, it’s a very gentle glow. This is the ocean lives in Sera's eyes. The scales trail up to her temples and forehead. Her hair reaches down her back, brushing the ground, spun silver and emerald. Perfectly placed tiny pearls can be seen woven throughout her hair. Very fine diamond dust falls loose from her hair when she moves, reflecting rainbows from the light. The scales on her hands are dulled by the simple fact that her hands are translucent. There is an iridescent scale like skin that pulls delicately up from her ears. The membrane shimmers and has three curly points.
    Seraphina

Fairest

Nix/Treasured
    Mantle

Cherry blossoms gilded in gold bloom from her hair, tumbling down as a warm rejuvenating spring breeze gently kisses the air with the scent of freshly cut grass. The sound of birds singing can be heard as the wildflowers grow and bloom in vibrant colors where she walks, swaying and lively in the breeze.
    Sera's hands and lower legs are translucent while the rest of her has cracks
    Seraphina

Mask
    A fairly tall woman, roughly 5'11 with long, wavy dark brown hair. Her eyes are an intense, deep bright blue, reminding one of sapphires. Her lips are full and her skin is flawless. With that perfection comes a body that men fawn and drool over, and women envy.

Health Tracker

Haunted House
    Items

Hedgespun Items

Tear dropped shaped pendant, form fitted waterfall jacket

Misc.

-3 to any rolls involving Presence
    Seraphina Scenes

Dreaming, -1 WP to analyze, WP to hold Dream together, Dreamscape
      -1 Glamour into Wyrdstone

+2
    SL
    +2
    DV
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••••
    Treasured Nix

Looking to Morgan, "This probably sounds like a dumb question, but how exactly do you arm yourself in a dream? Like I said, I haven't had my dreams invaded since getting the hell away from my Keeper, and that was a little while ago." when something hasn't been a problem, you don't spend much time on it.

"Well, if we're searching, why not the attic or basement? Most people stick stuff in those places to make room and usually forget about em. So maybe there are some boxes or something from previous owners." was an idea. But she hated attics and basements, worst places. "I'm willing to check them out, but, uh, would kinda prefer someone with me." she said looking sheepish and slightly embarrassed.
    Treasured/Nix Wyrd●●●●

Presence
    (Quiet Confidence)
    Striking Looks
    (Mesmerizing Eyes)
    Autumn's Regalia
    (Autumn Mantle)
    Fashion
    (Contacts, Status)
    Mhairi Ankaa

Mask

A slim girl, with raven black hair and grey-blue eyes. She likes wearing silver nail polish.
    Mien

Her skin; like moonlight captured. Quicksilver drips from her fingers, burning up before it lands. Motes of fell fire escape her eyes. In her hair, a galaxy, forming constellations which mimic the sky, changing with the Seasons.
    Mantle

Fear made manifest, Autumn's Regalia embraces the Wisp, as if she is Dread's most blessed daughter.
    Pledges & Other Things

Pledges

Autumn Queen Oath

Plot Stats

Fairy Floss
    Defense: 3 +1
    Heath: Willpower
    Glamour:

House Call
    Defense: 3 +1
    Heath: Willpower
    Glamour:
    HS Choker+1 Defense, -1g. Sparation3 -1g

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••
    Ask-wee-da-eed Telluric

Returning Alex's look with on of her own, "I don't know. Like you've said Edna's has been renovated...and a place like this. It hold it's secrets close. It you want to search for something physical. Go ahead, be thorough. But...I don't know if anything physical can be found." Mhairi shifts in her seat, "The history of Edna's is enough to scar a place. If Daniel was still around we might be able to see if the ghosts we couldn't find then, could be found now...Do any of you have any contracts or clauses that could deal with ghosts?" Mhairi asks those gathered around the table.

"Thank you Morgan, but I don't have any oneiromachy contracts either. But I did manage a lesson with Ava, Lynn and L'aire before everything...changed." that was putting it lightly.

Answering for her Courtier, face still a little pink over the praise, "When you are in your own dreamscape you can do whatever you want. Shape the world around you with ease, and dress and arm yourself as you like. It's when you venture out of your dreamscape and into another, that's when things become trickier."

Mhairi's fell-flames flicker at Sera, and nodded. "Horror movies rules. No one's going anywhere alone."
    Currently Just a Simple Shade Shard~

7. Likes Gwydden, Swami M, Origins, Yumyumcrow liked this post

Alex Rivers

"I've seen pop psychology books about lucid dreaming and so forth, but I've never tried it and don't know how well it works."

Alex stares at the wall paneling in front of him for a moment, wondering what might be hidden in the bones of the house, then turns back to the others.

"Should we break into teams... one starts at the top, one at the bottom, meet in the middle?"

Morgan Bellanar

PRE

Morgan pointed at Mhairi when she explained prepping in dreams to Sera:"Precision! Whilst thine garb may hath no effect in dreams, ye can adorn ye form in arms, heh, that befit thine preferred combat. We art all natural, heh, lucid dreamers Alex. I've armed myself with the lightsaber. Twice, lo only once away from my own dreamscape, heh. Tis best to arm thyself with, heh, aught ye ken how to fight with...which kinda, heh, valid in waking world too." She nodded as Mhairi demured the compliment, "Well then...ye still hath more experience then I. Only Lynn graced me with, heh, tutelage. The books might still have aught about it to check in the, uh...place."

And her leige continued to think well on this stuff. "Nay, I hath naught that permits communion with wraiths. I doubt, heh, a seance we improvise shalt muster much value either, heh-heh."

"If we art going to split up and search for clues," she paused then shook her head, "might I suggest illumination. Tis easier to look in dark hidey spot with, heh, light then eyes alone," Morgan scratched the back of her neck, lifting her pajama top as she did so, showing a bit of...well not skin but fur. She'd so hoped to have a lazy morning to make up for the night.

10. Likes Gwydden, Swami M, , Yumyumcrow liked this post
    Nathan Griffin
    Nathan Griffin

To human eyes he looks slightly taller than average, with a lean, athletic build. His brown skin gives away his Mohawk ancestry, complementing his equally brown eyes and dark hair. He displays a military-styled haircut, shorter to the sides, and sports a few scars across his body and a particularly visible one in the form of claw marks across his face and neck. A very intense scent of forest, a mixing of pine needles, tree sap, and animal fur, characterizes him.
    Mien

Those who can see through the Mask observe black-and-white feathers to the sides of his face, that fuse seamlessly with his skin and hairline and close to his golden eyes. His teeth are unusually sharp, displaying fangs that are hard to categorize as belonging to a specific predator, although they most closely resemble a wolf's or some other canine's.

+1
    SL
    PRE

He was tempted to speak up when Sera asked for a bodyguard, but bit his tongue less something overly sarcastic came out of it. "Nope, sorry," he coughed and addressed Mhairi. "Never figured dead people had anything interesting to say."

He stood up, leaving the empty coffee cup on the side. "Alright. Guess we should get started on checking this place out then. Morgan's right, so unless someone wants me to set this place on fire..." he couldn't help grimacing. Yeah, there it was: sarcasm. "I sure hope one of you owns a flashlight."

He wasn't sure what they would be looking for, at any rate. It wasn't like you could tell a witch's broom from a regular one.

12. Likes Swami M liked this post
    Seraphina
    Presence
    (Magnetic)
    Striking Looks
    (Enthralling)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Angelic)
    New Identity
    (Sarah Jones)
    Mantle (Spring)
    (In Mini Sheet)
    Seraphina

Mien

Softly shimmering gold flakes catch the light whenever she moves, delicate gilded gold and diamond scales extenuate the rare greenish blue color of her aquamarine eyes. In the right light, or when her mood changes, her eyes seem to illuminate from within, it’s a very gentle glow. This is the ocean lives in Sera's eyes. The scales trail up to her temples and forehead. Her hair reaches down her back, brushing the ground, spun silver and emerald. Perfectly placed tiny pearls can be seen woven throughout her hair. Very fine diamond dust falls loose from her hair when she moves, reflecting rainbows from the light. The scales on her hands are dulled by the simple fact that her hands are translucent. There is an iridescent scale like skin that pulls delicately up from her ears. The membrane shimmers and has three curly points.
    Seraphina

Fairest

Nix/Treasured
    Mantle

Cherry blossoms gilded in gold bloom from her hair, tumbling down as a warm rejuvenating spring breeze gently kisses the air with the scent of freshly cut grass. The sound of birds singing can be heard as the wildflowers grow and bloom in vibrant colors where she walks, swaying and lively in the breeze.
    Sera's hands and lower legs are translucent while the rest of her has cracks
    Seraphina

Mask
    A fairly tall woman, roughly 5'11 with long, wavy dark brown hair. Her eyes are an intense, deep bright blue, reminding one of sapphires. Her lips are full and her skin is flawless. With that perfection comes a body that men fawn and drool over, and women envy.

Health Tracker

Haunted House
    Items

Hedgespun Items

Tear dropped shaped pendant, form fitted waterfall jacket

Misc.

-3 to any rolls involving Presence
    Seraphina Scenes

Dreaming, -1 WP to analyze, WP to hold Dream together, Dreamscape
      -1 Glamour into Wyrdstone

+2
    SL
    +2
    DV
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••••
    Treasured Nix

There was a weak grin, "Yup, horror movie rules!" that worked for her. "Never heard of anything good happening in the basement, so maybe the attic first?" she offers.

"Uh, don't think I have a flashlight come to think of it. Unless you count my cell phone, it's kinda bright, but probably not what we're looking for. Does the house have any Mhairi? And uh, who's searching where?"
    Treasured/Nix Wyrd●●●●

14. Bump "Bump" this post

Alex Rivers

"We pretty much have all day to get this done, so if all else fails we can run to the store and get flashlights. You can get a cheap one for five bucks."

Page 3 of 13 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... Last
Closed Thread