Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
(Message) A Sign in the Crowd

This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 Last
    Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

PRE

The park was alive with people. Sleepers, mostly, they went about their business and their pleasure wrapped in bubbles of their own self importance and isolation. They existed in parallel; the space was shared but not communal. They were either engrossed in their smart phones, lost in their thoughts or else wrapped in the safe cocoon of their ear buds. Many were clustered in family groups, circled around the precious festive purchases they ferried from one place to another.

Around them, the city gleamed under a blue sky. A pleasant wintry day who light refracted off the glass of tall buildings or else glittered like gemstones through the rain of a civic fountain.

None of them seemed to notice the ragged homeless who had pitched their hopeful camps, seeking a sliver of solace or even empathy in the Season when the choirs sang goodwill to men and all the earth.

Perhaps only the Awakened noticed - or maybe they too, had succumbed to the succulent lure of the jolly man in red-and-white. After all, today was a shopping day.

West Star Cayce Avis Saber Sloth Tuesday . It all begins here...

2. Likes liked this post
    Status
    (Entertainment)
    Status
    (News Media)
    New Identity
    (Jack Hoyle)
    Nimbus

The Mirage: Star appears translucent with overlapping and slightly offset images of himself in different identities/disguises.
    Supernal

OCC
    PRE

"Well, here we are."

The van rumbled to a stop in a parking spot.

"Figure we can split up, or not, do last minute shopping, then meet back and grab something to eat?"

He had no clue what shopping he should do. But it was a nice excuse to get out of the theater. The faintest hint of purple kissed the skin under his eyes and spoke of recent nights spent tumbling questions around the hamster wheel rather than sleeping.

"Just in case anyone's wondering? I'm a Large or fifteen and a half collar by thirty-six sleeve and a thirty waist by thirty-four length."

Also?

"Oh, and, like, nothing wrinkle-free. Because that stuff is totally finished with formaldehyde resins and I'm allergic."

At last. The Mystery of the Rumpled Angel: Solved.
    Nimbus in MiniSheet 2. Cloaked spells, no overt magical res. Scrut for deets.
    '...Watch With Glittering Eyes...'
    - Roald Dahl

4. Likes , Yumyumcrow liked this post
    Robin Lewis, Prudence Miller
    (Current ID, Reality War Name)
    Presence
    (Plucky)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Raspy)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Allies
    (Criminals, Street)
    Tuesday

Acanthus

Trained Observer ●
    Trained Memory ●
    Quick Draw ●

Nimbus

Stained glass butterflies surround Tuesday, each pane on their tiny wings glows a verity of iridescent hues, while showing glimpses of what was, what is, and what will be. When vulgar magic is cast, the fluttering cascade doesn't last, they shatter. Falling into dull, colorless dust before vanishing completely.
    Stats/Bismark

Oct Rits

Health:
    Backlash:
    Mana: |
    WP: |
    Armor 1/0
    Defense 5

Vulgar
    Active Spells: 2 / 6
    Personal Spells: 2

[4] 2E Fate Shied (Rit)
    [3] 2E Fate Sight (Rit)

+1
    DV
    PRE

"Yup. Looks like." Stating the obvious with a smirk.

"I'm good with whatever." not really, since last minute shopping. But telling her Cabal that she's shopping for them...that just invited All the Spying. "Long as it ends in food. I'm thinking Greek." For some reason she's been craving feta, and some tzatziki never hurt no one.

"Okay. Uh-huh. Sure." the Unicorn nods and promptly forgets what Star says. She knew exactly what she wanted to get the khaki wearing angel and it had nothing to do with clothing sizes.

Avis on the other hand...she had a few thoughts there but nothing concrete yet.

"So!" bouncing lightly from foot to foot, "Splitting up? Staying together?"
    Health: | Mana: | Willpower:

6. Likes West liked this post
    Avis
    Avis

Vulgar: Color drains from the immediate area and depth perception becomes temporarily skewed, everything seeming to draw in uncomfortably close, making rooms smaller and all but distant objects seem in reach.
    Vice: Color drains from Avis and her facial features seem indistinct and grainy, as though her identity is growing less defined.
    Virtue: Colors appear more vibrant and everything seems to become grander in scale.
    Merits

PRE

"I want three my little pony stuffed animals, four gallons of ice cream, and a hat that says 'Make America Great Again'," Avis deadpanned as she hopped out of the van.

Honestly, she didn't want anything for Christmas. The whole idea of the holiday was stupid. Trees in living rooms, myths about a fat dude that broke into houses, and the sudden compulsion everyone had to go broke buying stuff were all just bullshit that she could do without. The only part of the holiday she actually liked was getting to plan things with the people that she cared about.

They were going to have an epic Christmas dinner. That much she was sure of. She'd already put in the order with her butcher, and been studying up on cook books from the library.

Star was going to have quite the surprise when she put her dishes on the table...and when she worked out the cooking schedule with him.

She should probably get on that...

"We don't have to split up," Avis replied, turning to look at Tuesday. "Will Smith has nothing on me when it comes to making people forget what I'm shopping for."

Because, even if presents were stupid, she still had to buy stuff to make up for whatever they bought her. Star was getting things made out of silk. And Tuesday...Tuesday was going to get an actual unicorn. The fluffiest damn unicorn ever invented.
    "Aw-Vee". Pres 2 (Moody). Mastigos, Adamantine Arrow. Trace of a Cajun accent.
    Defense: 8. 3 cloaked spells. Phone (pot 6), Belt (pot 5), Self (pot 2 +3) Spell tolerance: 1/3, Accumulation: 3/7

8. Likes West, Yumyumcrow, liked this post
    Bump West "Bump" this post
    Status
    (Entertainment)
    Status
    (News Media)
    New Identity
    (Jack Hoyle)
    Nimbus

The Mirage: Star appears translucent with overlapping and slightly offset images of himself in different identities/disguises.
    Supernal

OCC
    PRE

"You totally want the ice cream."

A grin and shoulder bump pinged on the Worst Kept Secret of Four Walls -- Avis had a sweet tooth. Maybe not four gallons worth, and ice cream wasn't the first choice, but...

"The chocolate ganache ice cream I discoverrrrrrred."

The Truth was, he had No Idea. He knew what he was getting Tuesday, and it wasn't going to be found here. But for all that Avis understood symbolism --from graffiti stencils to burnt blood-- he was beginning to despair that she might ever see the value of ceremony. Of the symbolism in renewal. That gardens needed tending to bloom.

He was Asp's retarded cat showing up with dead lizards.

"And I promise I won't look. Until, you know, we get to the, uh. Menus. The food. The Greek food." The problem with Stuff on the horizon like towering clouds is that everything falls into the shadow of Stuff. "So. Yeah. Please don't goldfish me. Or at least, like, write down where we parked."

And as long as everyone's together?

"So... Robin... How's the Questing going?"
    He glanced at Avis. "I may have mentioned a Masquerade Ball after she mentioned you mentioned Archery Club. But I totally just mentioned it. I didn't, like, you know. Go full court press."

Because Full Disclosure.
    - Roald Dahl

10. Likes Cayce, liked this post
    Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

PRE

Sleeper and Awakened. Oil and water. Two substances that did not mix - a metaphor for the milling crowd and the Cabal of Awakened. The magical mystery tour van was almost an island of calm lost in the seething press of humanity, yet none of the crowds appeared to intrude on its space. Maybe some force did indeed shelter them from being swept up in the torrent; perhaps more likely the parking spot was just right: close enough to join the action but not close enough to become part of the crowd.

Someone was heading their way though. A lean fellow, bald headed, sunken eyed. Those orbs glittered boldly, like freshly cut and polished gems. He was smiling. Smiling despite his precariously thin frame or the misfit worn garments that wrapped feebly about him. None of the crowd see him. None of the crowd can stand to see him. He is carrying a crumpled brown paper bag.

He's getting closer now, speeding up. Like a thirsty man in sight of water; a hungry man in sight of a freshly prepared feast. Those fevered orbs are now firmly on the magical mystery tour bus and its motley crew.

"Hey! Man! Its you! Amen! Avstar and the Unicorn! Blessed be, man! I... I need to talk to you."

Was he starting to cry?

Out of the crowd now. He is definitely bearing down on them. He favours his left foot.

12. Likes West, liked this post
    Robin Lewis, Prudence Miller
    (Current ID, Reality War Name)
    Presence
    (Plucky)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Raspy)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Allies
    (Criminals, Street)
    Tuesday

Acanthus

Trained Observer ●
    Trained Memory ●
    Quick Draw ●

Nimbus

Stained glass butterflies surround Tuesday, each pane on their tiny wings glows a verity of iridescent hues, while showing glimpses of what was, what is, and what will be. When vulgar magic is cast, the fluttering cascade doesn't last, they shatter. Falling into dull, colorless dust before vanishing completely.
    Stats/Bismark

Oct Rits

Health:
    Backlash:
    Mana: |
    WP: |
    Armor 1/0
    Defense 5

Vulgar
    Active Spells: 2 / 6
    Personal Spells: 2

[4] 2E Fate Shied (Rit)
    [3] 2E Fate Sight (Rit)

+1
    DV
    PRE

Tuesday snorts. Avis really should tempt Tuesday to buy her the whole My Little Pony collection.

"Gelato. Dude. Gelato."

"Riiight." Hazels eye the Warlock. "As long as there's a 'no looking' rule in effect until food. 'Cause yeah. Surprises aren't surprises if you know what the surprise is in the first place." Words of Unicorn Wisdom.

Because took many Look-sees and Peaking would a necrotic control freak make.

"It's all questioning like." a nod, the next time she got to talk to Avis, without the wall of Stuff to talk about she was gonna mention Star thought she could Guardian. "I hit up Campy about his Book Club." she bit her lip to stop laughing. Just to generalize the Mysterium as a Book Club. All The Lulz~ "Also said I should talk to Everyone. For Fair-"

Hazels see movement in the crowd. A speedy form stumbling towards them.

He speaks.

shit.fuck.goddamn.

"Dude. You're not supposed to be hitting up the 'nog this hard or this early." Step one. Make any passers by think the dude was drunk as a skunk. "But yeah talking. Sure. Let's get to a place. That's not here. Because I don't wanna be in anyone's way." sure that worked.
    Health: | Mana: | Willpower:

14. Likes Yumyumcrow, West liked this post
    Avis
    Avis

Vulgar: Color drains from the immediate area and depth perception becomes temporarily skewed, everything seeming to draw in uncomfortably close, making rooms smaller and all but distant objects seem in reach.
    Vice: Color drains from Avis and her facial features seem indistinct and grainy, as though her identity is growing less defined.
    Virtue: Colors appear more vibrant and everything seems to become grander in scale.
    Merits

PRE

What...

In the actual...

Fuck?

How the hell did this fucker know who they were? Who the hell did he think he was, just walking up to them in public, shouting private shit?

Avis called upon the Aether, wrapping two burning glyphs of supernal across her eyes, lenses to peep at this creepy ass motherfucker rolling up on them.

1 success, pot 1 prime sight. 2 success nature, comp scrutiny
    Date Action Roll Result
    2016-12-26 22:51:40 [03] Avis rolls 3 to Scrutinize that mofo! (int2+occ1) (10 Again) 6, 1, 8 1 success
    2016-12-26 22:51:40 [02] Avis rolls 3 to Scrutinize that mofo! (int2+occ1) (10 Again) 6, 6, 3 failure
    2016-12-26 22:51:40 [01] Avis rolls 3 to Scrutinize that mofo! (int2+occ1) (10 Again) 9, 2, 2 1 success
    2016-12-26 22:50:36 Avis rolls 4 to Prime sight (10 Again) 1, 8, 3, 1 1 success
    "Aw-Vee". Pres 2 (Moody). Mastigos, Adamantine Arrow. Trace of a Cajun accent.
    Defense: 8. 3 cloaked spells. Phone (pot 6), Belt (pot 5), Self (pot 2 +3) Spell tolerance: 1/3, Accumulation: 3/7

16. Likes Yumyumcrow, liked this post
    Bump West "Bump" this post
    Status
    (Entertainment)
    Status
    (News Media)
    New Identity
    (Jack Hoyle)
    Nimbus

Supernal

OCC
    PRE

Avstar?

Did they just get... couple named? Whaaaaat? Why was it Avstar? Not... Stavis. Starvis. Cuvis. Avcut? Which suddenly reminded him, someone needed to trim their cuticles. Wait. No. That's not important right now.

What's important? No itchies. His girls aren't Shielded.

...right after he trimmed his cuticles, he was going to talk to them About That.

"Check yourself before you wreck yourself show me the bag whats in the bag you better drop it if it's a weapon before someone gets hurt don't test me man I will totally kick your bad leg I got zero hang-ups about curb-stomping a cripple and you sure won't be the first..."

The pitter patter of soft words flowed as he took an extra step forward to intercept.

Because Shield.
    - Roald Dahl

18. Likes Yumyumcrow, liked this post
    Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

PRE

The lean figure almost beams at Tuesday's hurried invitation. That look of the sublime collapses when Star moves to intercept him, his face clouding into hurt confusion and then hurt. He doesn't come any closer and in fact takes a step back as the Illusionist moves into his path.

Avis' working burns her sight with cleansing power. With fresh clean eyes she sees a world glazed in brightness: colour and contrast heightened, lines crisper; yet someone smudged in places were once there was clarity. The fellow is a Sleeperwalker. She can see it in the sudden flash of his muted, yet glittering aural corona and from the sudden understanding of the resonance pulsing from him - shockingly pure and spiritual. No spells cling to his Pattern.

"... Hey man, what gives? I gotta give this to you. The angel gave it to me... man. OK. I get it. I'll put it on the ground, okay. Peace and love, man!"

Confusion and fear mixed in the beggar's voice. He raised his arms in surrendering supplication and then carefully lowered himself to the sidewalk and laid the dirty bag there.

"Peace and love, man. There. See. Its... Its for you. I am just a messenger. Chosen. By the angels, see. I gotta get clean, man. They said I gotta get clean. Peace and love. Righteous.."

He gently stood, hands placatory. "All yours, man. Blessed be! And stuff! Amen?"

20. Likes West, liked this post
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Closed Thread