Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
41 - 50
DISPLAYED
(Heart of the Dragon) War Council

This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 5 of 6 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last

Morgan Bellanar

PRE

1 Suxx
    Date Action Roll Result
    2017-01-11 22:48:24 Morgan Bellanar rolls 6 to Occult + Int + Mantle 10, 7, 2, 6, 1, 5 1 success

"Soooo...these folk art, uh," Morgan scoured her mind for the right word and way to phrase it. What she came up with: "uh, they art barristers that can out heh loophole the devil? Um, metaphorically, heh, hope metaphor at any rate."

Mhairi had asked a good question, and Morgan had one of her own on that, "Um, heh-heh, if one of us doth garner membership, shant that hinder our assassination? I mean, these Apples art barristers, heh, so to break a deal tis probable to cause troubles for them, heh..." As for Sera...

"Uh Sera," Morgan walked over to the Nix and waved her hand in front of the woman's face a few times. Her motor mouth kept running: "Sera? If ye nary react Imma garner the most robust booze, by scent, and heh waft it below thine face."

It wasn't smelling salt but it'd probably be strong enough to work.

2. Likes Cayce liked this post

Alex Rivers

So, as if fighting a dragon wasn't scary enough, first they would have to win a fiddling contest with the Devil?

"I'm guessing that a super-secret, super-paranoid club is going to be very cautious with strangers. How long would it take for one of us to gain an introduction and then go through all of their vetting, training, blood rituals and so forth process? And do we have that much time?"

Seraphina
    Presence
    (Magnetic)
    Striking Looks
    (Enthralling)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Angelic)
    New Identity
    (Sarah Jones)
    Mantle (Spring)
    (In Mini Sheet)
    Seraphina

Mien

Softly shimmering gold flakes catch the light whenever she moves, delicate gilded gold and diamond scales extenuate the rare greenish blue color of her aquamarine eyes. In the right light, or when her mood changes, her eyes seem to illuminate from within, it’s a very gentle glow. This is the ocean lives in Sera's eyes. The scales trail up to her temples and forehead. Her hair reaches down her back, brushing the ground, spun silver and emerald. Perfectly placed tiny pearls can be seen woven throughout her hair. Very fine diamond dust falls loose from her hair when she moves, reflecting rainbows from the light. The scales on her hands are dulled by the simple fact that her hands are translucent. There is an iridescent scale like skin that pulls delicately up from her ears. The membrane shimmers and has three curly points.
    Seraphina

Fairest

Nix/Treasured
    Mantle

Cherry blossoms gilded in gold bloom from her hair, tumbling down as a warm rejuvenating spring breeze gently kisses the air with the scent of freshly cut grass. The sound of birds singing can be heard as the wildflowers grow and bloom in vibrant colors where she walks, swaying and lively in the breeze.
    Sera's hands and lower legs are translucent while the rest of her has cracks
    Seraphina

Mask
    A fairly tall woman, roughly 5'11 with long, wavy dark brown hair. Her eyes are an intense, deep bright blue, reminding one of sapphires. Her lips are full and her skin is flawless. With that perfection comes a body that men fawn and drool over, and women envy.

Health Tracker

Haunted House
    Items

Hedgespun Items

Tear dropped shaped pendant, form fitted waterfall jacket

Misc.

-3 to any rolls involving Presence
    Seraphina Scenes

Dreaming, -1 WP to analyze, WP to hold Dream together, Dreamscape

+2
    SL
    +2
    DV
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••••
    Treasured Nix

The Elementals words pulled her out of her thoughts, eyes lifted and focused,

“Huh? Oh, yeah, I did.” She confirmed. “It’s just a lot to take in and wrap my mind around. But I’m still committed to doing this.” A smiled pulled across her lips.

A sheepish smile was offered to the other Lost, “Sorry guys.” But could they blame her for being lost in her thoughts? This was a lot to take in, and a lot could be taken from her.

Shaking her head, “I’m still going to do it, I’m not going back on what I said. Just tell me what you need me to do and where, and I’ll be there.”
    Treasured/Nix Wyrd●●●●

5. Likes Yumyumcrow, liked this post
    Bump West, "Bump" this post
    Freehold Pledge: Winter
    Allies (Clubs) 1
    Allies (Emergency Services) 1
    Allies (Unions) 3
    Malcolm Green, the Mountain

WP: 4/4
    Health: 10/10
    Giant
    Mantle: Bubble of crisp, cold, air surrounds him. Frost rimes his head and shoulders, tracing icy epaulettes.
    Malcolm Green

Sun Banisher's Oath

(+1 Investigation, +1 Intimidation) - Winter 2016

Freehold Pledge

(+1 Streetwise) - Winter 2016

Dragon's Bane Pledge

(+3 Faerie Favour) - Spring 2017
    Greens Scenes

Dragon Giant|

PRE

The chair creaked as Green shifted his weight. He folded his arms and appeared to doze.

He spoke: "It is an option," he said at last. He did not elaborate if they should consider seeking out the Eldritch Order or that one of their number should seek to join them. Green, of course, had his own thoughts on the matter but for now he was silent.

"So. Options? We could try and parlay... but that might tip our hand, yeah? We could try and lure the old wyrm out, but if we do we run the risk of muggle entanglements that would only give him more leverage. Or we try a what? Commando raid on his lair? Hit him with his ban full in the face and kinda, I dunno, hope it works?"

He huffed.

"My guess is we can try the deal making crap but I don't know if we got enough to barter with. Yeah. Hob gossip says there should be a Contract of some kind floating around that we could use to... bind, maybe... the old Gentry in some sort of pact? But that would require the whole Freehold working together on that." He opened his eyes to look briefly at the Autumn Sovereign. "Or we try the surgical strike? We know where his resting place is in the hedge, yeah? He might not expect us to turn up - I mean, its been a few years now, he probably thinks we don't know or are too scared to try."

He crossed his feet and stretched a little.

"You could always use that Monique. Feed her shit, get her to lure out the old wyrm for us. Set an ambush. Kinda bushwhack him, you know what I'm saying. That way we stay low. Its obvious he wants to put a lock on the city so we can't move. He's a dragon. He understands power. He might not understand... you know... desperate."

A pause.

"Are we? Desperate?"

7. Likes liked this post
    Presence
    (Quiet Confidence)
    Striking Looks
    (Mesmerizing Eyes)
    Autumn's Regalia
    (Autumn Mantle)
    Fashion
    (Contacts, Status)
    Mhairi Ankaa

Mask

A slim girl, with raven black hair and grey-blue eyes. She likes wearing silver nail polish.
    Mien

Her skin; like moonlight captured. Quicksilver drips from her fingers, burning up before it lands. Motes of fell fire escape her eyes. In her hair, a galaxy, forming constellations which mimic the sky, changing with the Seasons.
    Mantle

Fear made manifest, Autumn's Regalia embraces the Wisp, as if she is Dread's most blessed daughter.
    Pledges & Other Things

Pledges

Autumn Queen Oath

Plot Stats

Fairy Floss
    Defense: 3 +1
    Heath: Willpower
    Glamour:

House Call
    Glamour:
    HS Choker+1 Defense, -1g. Sparation3 -1g

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••
    Ask-wee-da-eed Telluric

Even after everything Sera's still in. It kinda makes Mhairi wonder why she's a Spring, when that sort of dedication and drive she could see her in Summer. Fell-flames flicker to Green, or maybe a Winter.

"We're not desperate. Not yet. We're not backed in to a corner. We have options, a fair few of them." Mhairi nods, thinking it all over. "I don't want to ricks muggles. The Dragon wont care about hurting them, or using their presence against us. I can easily see it becoming a hostage situation."

Fell-flames meet gemstones, "I think, that this," a drippy fingered hand waves to everyone around the table. "Is everyone in the 'hold who's interested." and wasn't that a punch in the gut. As long as the Dragon wasn't doing anything to them. Or doing anything overtly evil it's just fine to let the lizard go about his day. Well. Fuck that.

In this instance Mhairi completely understood why Coco was just so frustrated with everyone.

"I'm torn between a surgical strike," Mhairi admits, "And feeding Monique information to lead the lizard into an ambush."
    Currently Just a Simple Shade Shard~

9. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post

Alex Rivers

"If we're going to attempt a strike, we need to know what we're up against."

Alex looks at Green.

"How much intelligence do we have about his base in the Hedge? How many troops, defenses and so forth..."

11. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post

Morgan Bellanar

PRE

"I don't ken if we art desperate. I hath other plans that, whilst bad shalt slay heh him for sure...<rambling too fast to be coherent>, heh-heh, too," that second part was even faster then normal for Morgan, as if she was trying to get it out quick. The phrase "marshal law declared" however was easy to pick out.

Shaking her head Morgan kept talking: "If we doth go for the surgery strike, heh, we go with more then just the songs. Strongest weapons we can use, suggests bombs but I know nary aught of that. Maybe order cold forged irons online, heh, if that can be done. Wrought iron and such."

Freehold Pledge: Winter
    Allies (Clubs) 1
    Allies (Emergency Services) 1
    Allies (Unions) 3
    Malcolm Green, the Mountain

WP: 4/4
    Health: 10/10
    Giant
    Mantle: Bubble of crisp, cold, air surrounds him. Frost rimes his head and shoulders, tracing icy epaulettes.
    Malcolm Green

Sun Banisher's Oath

(+1 Investigation, +1 Intimidation) - Winter 2016

Freehold Pledge

(+1 Streetwise) - Winter 2016

Dragon's Bane Pledge

(+3 Faerie Favour) - Spring 2017
    Greens Scenes

Dragon Giant|

PRE

Green watched the group impassively with his arms still folded. His eyes swivelled once, onto Morgan, when she spoke of Cold Iron. Then they dropped onto Alex and stayed there.

"There is supposed to be this rocky spire, see. Out there in the Hedge. A spire of rock, nothing else in the surrounding area like it. He was laid up there, in full view. Yeah. Out in the open and resting while he got his powers back. Guess he didn't much like the mundy world out here... He had five guards - if you could call them that. Five... I dunno... Hob or Gentry or some other thing... Whatever! They were the leaders of these five cults he's got running around doing shit for him."

A pause.

"No guards but them. No army to protect him. Just the old wyrm out by this spire of rock, resting. And the leaders of his cults. I guess when he needed something doing, he'd gather one or more of the cults to listen, then send them off on his errands. I know of one cult that went raiding and thieving - it was looking for some book in which the Dragon's bane was found. Don't think they ever found it."

"If he's still there, I don't think he'll have altered his defences that much. But as to how strong he is, and how tough his cult bosses are, I have no clue."

14. Likes Origins, liked this post
    Seraphina
    Presence
    (Magnetic)
    Striking Looks
    (Enthralling)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Angelic)
    New Identity
    (Sarah Jones)
    Mantle (Spring)
    (In Mini Sheet)
    Seraphina

Mien

Softly shimmering gold flakes catch the light whenever she moves, delicate gilded gold and diamond scales extenuate the rare greenish blue color of her aquamarine eyes. In the right light, or when her mood changes, her eyes seem to illuminate from within, it’s a very gentle glow. This is the ocean lives in Sera's eyes. The scales trail up to her temples and forehead. Her hair reaches down her back, brushing the ground, spun silver and emerald. Perfectly placed tiny pearls can be seen woven throughout her hair. Very fine diamond dust falls loose from her hair when she moves, reflecting rainbows from the light. The scales on her hands are dulled by the simple fact that her hands are translucent. There is an iridescent scale like skin that pulls delicately up from her ears. The membrane shimmers and has three curly points.
    Seraphina

Fairest

Nix/Treasured
    Mantle

Cherry blossoms gilded in gold bloom from her hair, tumbling down as a warm rejuvenating spring breeze gently kisses the air with the scent of freshly cut grass. The sound of birds singing can be heard as the wildflowers grow and bloom in vibrant colors where she walks, swaying and lively in the breeze.
    Sera's hands and lower legs are translucent while the rest of her has cracks
    Seraphina

Mask
    A fairly tall woman, roughly 5'11 with long, wavy dark brown hair. Her eyes are an intense, deep bright blue, reminding one of sapphires. Her lips are full and her skin is flawless. With that perfection comes a body that men fawn and drool over, and women envy.

Health Tracker

Haunted House
    Items

Hedgespun Items

Tear dropped shaped pendant, form fitted waterfall jacket

Misc.

-3 to any rolls involving Presence
    Seraphina Scenes

Dreaming, -1 WP to analyze, WP to hold Dream together, Dreamscape

+2
    SL
    +2
    DV
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••••
    Treasured Nix

There were a lot of ideas being thrown around, ech had it's good points, but also it's bad points.

"Looking at this as someone from the outside, I would put my money on hitting him where he rests. Like you said,"
    looking to Green, "there is a chance he wouldn't expect such a bold move. He's enjoyed, what sounds like years of no one bothering him, so he could have gotten lax in his security. But there are huge risks with such a bold move." she then sighs with a slight shrug, "Unfortunatly, I don't think we're going to come up with the perfect plan. Alex and Morgan also make good points, we should gather more info on where he rests, and get more weapons besides my voice. If it doesn't work, we need something else to throw at him."
    Treasured/Nix Wyrd●●●●

16. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post
    Presence
    (Quiet Confidence)
    Striking Looks
    (Mesmerizing Eyes)
    Autumn's Regalia
    (Autumn Mantle)
    Fashion
    (Contacts, Status)
    Mhairi Ankaa

Mask

A slim girl, with raven black hair and grey-blue eyes. She likes wearing silver nail polish.
    Mien

Her skin; like moonlight captured. Quicksilver drips from her fingers, burning up before it lands. Motes of fell fire escape her eyes. In her hair, a galaxy, forming constellations which mimic the sky, changing with the Seasons.
    Mantle

Fear made manifest, Autumn's Regalia embraces the Wisp, as if she is Dread's most blessed daughter.
    Pledges & Other Things

Pledges

Autumn Queen Oath

Plot Stats

Fairy Floss
    Glamour:

House Call
    Glamour:
    HS Choker+1 Defense, -1g. Sparation3 -1g

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••
    Ask-wee-da-eed Telluric

Cold Iron. Mhairi nods once Morgan mentions that. Before anything happens, they should get their hands on some. Not should. They'll have to.

"Hit him where he sleeps...Sera's voice, recordings. Cold Iron. Other weapons. Getting everything together without the Dragon's minions catching wind of it..." she mumbles, clearly talking to herself. She shakes her head and speaks a little louder. "We probably need to kill his cultist too. Who knows what they'll do. For when we're dealing with the Dragon, and after. Who knows what sort of contingency plans the Dragon has in place. But then again...I don't think he has anything in place regarding his death, arrogance. You know?" she frowns, "But fervent worshipers will do whatever it takes to keep the object of their worship with them...so yeah. We are going to deal with the cultist. Because I don't want to know their contingencies." but would they even have them? Could they believe that the Dragon could be killed? "Hopefully we'll be able to all at once and not have to leave, and come back. But if we bump the cultists off one by one, the Dragon might be compelled to replace them, which will give us some time..."

Mhairi sighs, shaking her head. She wished they had more of the 'hold's attention then the scant few that had joined her today.

A slow nod, "Yeah. I'm with Sera, we'll never make the perfict plan. We'll make a plan, see it through. Deal with the variable that will come up during the fight and pray the dragon lays dead at the end of it."
    Currently Just a Simple Shade Shard~

18. Likes Orianna liked this post
Page 5 of 6 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last
Closed Thread