Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
31 - 40
DISPLAYED
(Heart of the Dragon) War Council

This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 4 of 6 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last
    Presence
    (Quiet Confidence)
    Striking Looks
    (Mesmerizing Eyes)
    Autumn's Regalia
    (Autumn Mantle)
    Fashion
    (Contacts, Status)
    Mhairi Ankaa

Mask

A slim girl, with raven black hair and grey-blue eyes. She likes wearing silver nail polish.
    Mien

Her skin; like moonlight captured. Quicksilver drips from her fingers, burning up before it lands. Motes of fell fire escape her eyes. In her hair, a galaxy, forming constellations which mimic the sky, changing with the Seasons.
    Mantle

Fear made manifest, Autumn's Regalia embraces the Wisp, as if she is Dread's most blessed daughter.
    Pledges & Other Things

Pledges

Autumn Queen Oath

Plot Stats

Fairy Floss
    Defense: 3 +1
    Heath: Willpower
    Glamour:

House Call
    Glamour:
    HS Choker+1 Defense, -1g. Sparation3 -1g

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••
    Ask-wee-da-eed Telluric

After her anger spills up, she quiets down and lets the other speak. She's not used to being this angry, and she's definitely not used to let it out where others can see.

"I wasn't thinking proof," she tells Green, "I was thinking bait. 'Cause, yeah. Like Green said, That lizard wont let be taken in so easily. We could create circumstances dealing with any number of things, but the Wyrm wont show. Or-or-or. So bait. We need to give him something he can't refuse...then we can spring our trap..." Mhairi's fell-flames flicker over to Sera.

"You need to be sure you want to do this. The Wyrd isn't something to be trifled with. Oaths. Pledges....Banes. They're tricky SOBs. The music we need is that that has never known the taste of greed. It might mean to enforce his Bane, to ensure our victory...you might not be able to sing did your supper again. That might mean that you're never going to be able to earn your living singing, but you can still sing. Or...it might mean to trap the Dragon...you'd give up your voice. Whether that means that you can still talk, but never sing...or, maybe that you just can't use your voice...ever."

Sera wasn't a Sworn 'ling, this wasn't her 'hold, and this was more then anyone had a right to ask of someone who wanted to make a home here.

"I want to find Monique. Just to see that she's safe, maybe see if she has any..." Mhairi trails off because Green just dropped a bomb. "What do you mean you might know where his lair is?!" Mhairi wanted her voice to sound impressive, and maybe intimidating, but what came out was a squeak. "That changes things...it might be best. To try there, takes us away from muggle sight. We could offer Sera as a prize. Our safety for her. To be clear I'm not saying we give the lizard Lost and muggles alike to keep him away, but to get her close enough. Someone as beautiful as her would appeal to him wouldn't it? And he doesn't know her. She's not bound to the 'hold so he can't find a bound that's not there..."

Turning to Sera, "If you don't want to do this...I'll be the bait. I'm sure we can figure something out. The Bane never said that it had to be good music."
    Currently Just a Simple Shade Shard~

2. Likes Cayce, Yumyumcrow liked this post

Alex Rivers

So Winter has been holding out? Way to overcome stereotypes guys...

"So if we know where he is, we approach him with some kind of offer? Somebody pretends to go Privateer and 'kidnaps' Seraphina?" Alex tries not to shudder. "It has a certain logic, but it's even riskier than playing Mafia. The people playing kidnappers and hostage would be very exposed."

4. Likes , Yumyumcrow liked this post
    Seraphina
    Presence
    (Magnetic)
    Striking Looks
    (Enthralling)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Angelic)
    New Identity
    (Sarah Jones)
    Mantle (Spring)
    (In Mini Sheet)
    Seraphina

Mien

Softly shimmering gold flakes catch the light whenever she moves, delicate gilded gold and diamond scales extenuate the rare greenish blue color of her aquamarine eyes. In the right light, or when her mood changes, her eyes seem to illuminate from within, it’s a very gentle glow. This is the ocean lives in Sera's eyes. The scales trail up to her temples and forehead. Her hair reaches down her back, brushing the ground, spun silver and emerald. Perfectly placed tiny pearls can be seen woven throughout her hair. Very fine diamond dust falls loose from her hair when she moves, reflecting rainbows from the light. The scales on her hands are dulled by the simple fact that her hands are translucent. There is an iridescent scale like skin that pulls delicately up from her ears. The membrane shimmers and has three curly points.
    Seraphina

Fairest

Nix/Treasured
    Mantle

Cherry blossoms gilded in gold bloom from her hair, tumbling down as a warm rejuvenating spring breeze gently kisses the air with the scent of freshly cut grass. The sound of birds singing can be heard as the wildflowers grow and bloom in vibrant colors where she walks, swaying and lively in the breeze.
    Sera's hands and lower legs are translucent while the rest of her has cracks
    Seraphina

Mask
    A fairly tall woman, roughly 5'11 with long, wavy dark brown hair. Her eyes are an intense, deep bright blue, reminding one of sapphires. Her lips are full and her skin is flawless. With that perfection comes a body that men fawn and drool over, and women envy.

Health Tracker

Haunted House
    Items

Hedgespun Items

Tear dropped shaped pendant, form fitted waterfall jacket

Misc.

-3 to any rolls involving Presence
    Seraphina Scenes
      The Plunge!

Dreaming, -1 WP to analyze, WP to hold Dream together, Dreamscape

+2
    SL
    +2
    DV
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••••
    Treasured Nix

Mhairi’s words hit her hard, and it took a moment for them to sink in. Her mouth opening, but closing soon after, like she wanted to say something, but couldn’t find the words.

Give up her voice? Not be able to sing again? Was she willing to risk that, put her one crowning feature on the line for Lost she wasn’t sworn to? Her voice had brought on her endurance, her Keeper enhancing it to his liking. And she kinda liked it too, she felt it made her special. It was part of her.

And now they wanted to offer her as a prize to lure the giant lizard out?! While part of her understood the idea, another part wanted nothing to do with being offered as a prize to giant cranky dragon.

Again, the mouth worked, nothing coming out at first,

“I,” she begins, not sure what to say, “I mean, I want to help and free you guys of this thing. But I never thought it could mean losing my voice. It’s such a huge part of me, part of what I’ve become. I don’t know who or what I’d be without it.” Eyes shift down as her hands absently pick at the table. But deep in heart she knew she was still going to do it. They opened their doors for her, invited her to this council without swearing her, and she had already agreed to help.

A deep breath was taken as her lips purse together, angelic voice soft, “But I still want to help. I don’t know what it will mean for me, or what will become of me if I lose part of myself, but it’s the right thing to do. He can’t be allowed to continue to live and be here, not after what he’s already done to you guys and your friends. I really don’t want to lose my voice, and hope there is a way to keep it, but count me in.” there, she agreed to it.
    Treasured/Nix Wyrd●●●●

6. Likes Cayce, Yumyumcrow, Swami M, liked this post
    Freehold Pledge: Winter
    Allies (Clubs) 1
    Allies (Emergency Services) 1
    Allies (Unions) 3
    Malcolm Green, the Mountain

WP: 4/4
    Health: 10/10
    Giant
    Mantle: Bubble of crisp, cold, air surrounds him. Frost rimes his head and shoulders, tracing icy epaulettes.
    Malcolm Green

Sun Banisher's Oath

(+1 Investigation, +1 Intimidation) - Winter 2016

Freehold Pledge

(+1 Streetwise) - Winter 2016

Dragon's Bane Pledge

(+3 Faerie Favour) - Spring 2017
    Greens Scenes

Dragon Giant|

PRE

"It is risky," Green agreed, his eyes at least nodding with along with Alex.

"The information is a getting old now. We found out when we... Me and Rick. The real Rick, that is, messed up the plans of the wyrm's hob cultists a few years back. He was looking for one of those precious books, see. His cultists had been tearing through the local Hedge, pissing off a lot of hobs along the way."

He grimaced. Now was the time for revelation, after all.

"Reported the whole thing to the previous monarchs. At the time the consensus was to sit on it; the Dragon was out in the open and if he knew we knew he'd go to ground. Then the Sovereign's left, one by one. And whatever plan they'd been cooking went with them."

He sighed. A glance to Mhairi.

"Some of you might know that the Freehold's spymaster tried to get some extra leverage. I know that Pledge contract is hidden away somewhere 'round here. My info was that this Contract could be used to make cut a lasting deal with a True Fae."

Another sigh. He rubbed his chin.

"The old wyrm was hanging out near a spire. A landmark in the Hedge. Taking out the Four Seasons had cost him some, apparently and he was... resting. The five leaders of his cults were attending him as guards. Assuming the info is still good, he'll still be there. His cultist bosses are his only defences... besides what he can do, yeah?"

He shifted in his seat. It creaked ominously.

"And there are other ways than simply pretending to go Privateer. There's Entitlements, if you got the stones for it."

8. Likes Cayce, liked this post
    Presence
    (Quiet Confidence)
    Striking Looks
    (Mesmerizing Eyes)
    Autumn's Regalia
    (Autumn Mantle)
    Fashion
    (Contacts, Status)
    Mhairi Ankaa

Mask

A slim girl, with raven black hair and grey-blue eyes. She likes wearing silver nail polish.
    Mien

Her skin; like moonlight captured. Quicksilver drips from her fingers, burning up before it lands. Motes of fell fire escape her eyes. In her hair, a galaxy, forming constellations which mimic the sky, changing with the Seasons.
    Mantle

Fear made manifest, Autumn's Regalia embraces the Wisp, as if she is Dread's most blessed daughter.
    Pledges & Other Things

Pledges

Autumn Queen Oath

Plot Stats

Fairy Floss
    Glamour:

House Call
    Glamour:

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••
    Ask-wee-da-eed Telluric

Mhairi swallows and nods at Alex's words. They were true.

The worry clawing it's way up her throat stills as Sera speaks. Mhairi gives the Fairest a smile. The Nix knew not what she'd become without her voice, but she'd survive. Just as her being here, now, proved that she always would. This, now was proving what sort of person Sera really was.

Mhairi nods at the information Green gives, them, already trying to see how it would effect the plan they were creating now.

"What sort of Entitlements?" tears through Mhairi mouth before she could stop to think. No she did think. She didn't want to go Privateer, pretend or otherwise. But never otherwise. She'd kill herself before she do that.

10. Likes Origins, Yumyumcrow liked this post

Morgan Bellanar

PRE

"Ambush, heh, without chances of cops doth remove many complications a'fore our task...but," Morgan shook her head as a grimace marred her face, "I nary like the concept of privateering, even if tis fake. And, heh-heh, the bastard should ken that of me. Also," she paused to take in a breath, "I do ken a little on musical stuff. If any will do and risks loss of voice, heh-heh, well..." Morgan paused as she thought of how to put this. "Fuck it. My tongue tis marred a'non when I speak. No big loss if I nary talk, in grand contrast to Sera. Thine bravery tis commendable Sera but thine voice tis vital to thine self. I'd nary hath wanted Lynn to lose heh her musis. Me? A barren throat shant cause me as much disquiet." Now if it was her legs or her sense of balance that was the cost, Morgan would be right out of offering.

"And we nary ken if it'll take away the voice or if tis simply the song may nary grace norman ears for profit or aught like that." She then pointed to herself with a thumb, "still, lower risk of grand loss with me tis what Imma saying...and probably can buy a new voice at, heh-heh, the right market, well," she tilted her head in thought, "and they've norman electrical artifacts that doth do it too, heh."

Morgan was less sure about this plan then even the others, but it was the only plan they had over 15% thus far. "Curiosity ye hath sparked with me too Green. What entitlements do ye suggest we seek? T'would be better then going mute a'fore buying a voice like a robot."

12. Likes Swami M, liked this post

Alex Rivers

Alex had only heard stories about Entitlements. Spooky secret clubs for people who thought 'ordinary' Changeling society just wasn't quite paranoid enough...

"I've never worked with Entitlements before. Your phrasing suggests there's significant risk involved. How exactly does that work, and do you have a particular one in mind?"

Freehold Pledge: Winter
    Allies (Clubs) 1
    Allies (Emergency Services) 1
    Allies (Unions) 3
    Malcolm Green, the Mountain

WP: 4/4
    Health: 10/10
    Giant
    Mantle: Bubble of crisp, cold, air surrounds him. Frost rimes his head and shoulders, tracing icy epaulettes.
    Malcolm Green

Sun Banisher's Oath

(+1 Investigation, +1 Intimidation) - Winter 2016

Freehold Pledge

(+1 Streetwise) - Winter 2016

Dragon's Bane Pledge

(+3 Faerie Favour) - Spring 2017
    Greens Scenes

Dragon Giant|

PRE

Green was staring off into space. When he at last spoke, his voice had a certain... distant... quality to it.

"Legacy of the Black Apple."

He sighed and focussed on the group.

"Yeah. Legacy of the Black Apple. Legates... If you can find one. There are... stories... of these folks. Legendary stories, you understand? These guys... They'll sit down with the Gentry, yeah? Have a big old pow-wow. Sometimes - well the stories say they can come away with the better deal, is all."

The mountain had been studying the Entitlement Eldritch Order for some time now. Always in private. Always hidden. Always in the quiet. Green knew the risks.

15. Likes Swami M, Origins, liked this post
    Seraphina
    Presence
    (Magnetic)
    Striking Looks
    (Enthralling)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Angelic)
    New Identity
    (Sarah Jones)
    Mantle (Spring)
    (In Mini Sheet)
    Seraphina

Mien

Softly shimmering gold flakes catch the light whenever she moves, delicate gilded gold and diamond scales extenuate the rare greenish blue color of her aquamarine eyes. In the right light, or when her mood changes, her eyes seem to illuminate from within, it’s a very gentle glow. This is the ocean lives in Sera's eyes. The scales trail up to her temples and forehead. Her hair reaches down her back, brushing the ground, spun silver and emerald. Perfectly placed tiny pearls can be seen woven throughout her hair. Very fine diamond dust falls loose from her hair when she moves, reflecting rainbows from the light. The scales on her hands are dulled by the simple fact that her hands are translucent. There is an iridescent scale like skin that pulls delicately up from her ears. The membrane shimmers and has three curly points.
    Seraphina

Fairest

Nix/Treasured
    Mantle

Cherry blossoms gilded in gold bloom from her hair, tumbling down as a warm rejuvenating spring breeze gently kisses the air with the scent of freshly cut grass. The sound of birds singing can be heard as the wildflowers grow and bloom in vibrant colors where she walks, swaying and lively in the breeze.
    Sera's hands and lower legs are translucent while the rest of her has cracks
    Seraphina

Mask
    A fairly tall woman, roughly 5'11 with long, wavy dark brown hair. Her eyes are an intense, deep bright blue, reminding one of sapphires. Her lips are full and her skin is flawless. With that perfection comes a body that men fawn and drool over, and women envy.

Health Tracker

Haunted House
    Items

Hedgespun Items

Tear dropped shaped pendant, form fitted waterfall jacket

Misc.

-3 to any rolls involving Presence
    Seraphina Scenes
      The Plunge!

Dreaming, -1 WP to analyze, WP to hold Dream together, Dreamscape

+2
    SL
    +2
    DV
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••••
    Treasured Nix

She heard what Morgan said, and gives her a grateful smile. But most of the other words that were spoken weren't heard.

Sure, she caught bits and pieces, something about Privateers and Black Apples. It barely registered to the Nix. Her thoughts filled with what ifs.

What if she loses her voice? What if she could never sing again? What if she lost part of her Kith?

She knew she should be paying attention to what was being said, but she couldn't help it. In her heart she knew she was doing a selfless act for the Freehold, but her heart was also heavy with regret.
    Treasured/Nix Wyrd●●●●

17. Likes Origins liked this post
    Presence
    (Quiet Confidence)
    Striking Looks
    (Mesmerizing Eyes)
    Autumn's Regalia
    (Autumn Mantle)
    Fashion
    (Contacts, Status)
    Mhairi Ankaa

Mask

Mien

Mantle

Pledges & Other Things

Pledges

Autumn Queen Oath

Plot Stats

Fairy Floss
    Glamour:

House Call
    Glamour:

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••
    Ask-wee-da-eed Telluric

"Sera?" Mhairi asks, when the Fairest had fallen silent. "Did you hear Morgan?" Fell-flames flicker with worry, this was a lot. Clearly not everyone in the 'hold even thought it was worth their time, and to ask the Nix to possibly give up something that maybe curse her in the first place, but probably lead to her survival..."You don't have to do this if you don't want to. Morgan, and I, offered to sing in your place."

The Legacy of the Black Apple...Mhairi's brows furrow. Yeah, she has heard of them. Some times the Lost called them Bad Apples. But only where the Legates couldn't hear.

"Are you suggesting we try and find a Legate to...to parley with the Dragon?" then she swallows, "Or, are you thinking that one of us should seek them out..and join them?" Or at least try too.

1 success
    Date Action Roll Result
    2017-01-11 16:15:19 Mhairi Ankaa rolls 4 to Who dem? (Int 2 + Occult 1 + 1 A.Mantle) (10 Again) 1, 9, 4, 7 1 success

Page 4 of 6 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last
Closed Thread