Ended
Watch

(1611) Eternal Seasons Luncheon

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 6 of 7 First ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 Last
    S
    Sasha

The talk of the Dragon was aggravating to the Fairest.

"As Malcolm and Nathan mentioned, I don't think we have the manpower to take him out. He's killed and destroyed us before, and he's been dormant for a while."

She turned to look at Malcolm which was addressing Morgause's question. "Unless you recall of some Achilles heel for Fairweather, I don't think there is one. That knowledge may have died or left with those who have departed from the freehold."

L'aire tried to assure the rest of the Freehold present. "For those of you who wish to seek him out and destroy him, remember that he is not just a Privateer or a Keeper and he is far more dangerous than the two combined." It was all she could do to heed a warning to them all. The Onyx Sovereign was on the fence about the situation more than she would let on.

Sorry I've been spotty folks. Work has been hell as well as family.

Morgan Bellanar

PRE

Morgan caught Mhairi's look, looking her Queen in the eye. Morgan gave the slightest of nods in acknowledgement. A musician in the Freehold was a true boon. Better then one of them trying to wing it. And Sera had an interest in climbing? The Steepscrambler beamed a smile at that: "Heh, tis good excercise and useful too boot. Heh, nary an alley tis a dead end if ye can scale out of it fast..." she looked down at her claws then back up at Sera, "Heh, though wall running ain't a thing they allow much at Pipeworks, heh-heh."

"Heh, oh indeed yes Mhairi. And L'Aire? I shant say tis a heh heel or a scale, but we've something that might be of use, yes...and totally better then, heh, plans I'd held a'fore that'd work heh-heh, uh, heh-heh, whilst feasible could've uh...way too many cops." Morgan was quite nervous about admitting that. She also tried to mouth to L'Aire, "details later" as best she could.

Morgan gave a defeated sigh, "And, uh, bastard lizard ain't been, heh, that inactive," she shudders in memory of having encountered him in the dreamscape. "Yeah," she winced and gave Mhairi a knowing look. This was a meeting that'd be rough later.

She shakes her head at Alex's question, "I hath nay any ideas Alex, yet I do ken normans who live upon the streets. Well, heh, I can talk with the least violent ones. Might be a few 'lings can stick out if I ask around," she tilted her head and winced, "which could freak 'em out heh and send them running. Aaaand club speak ain't ken to those not in the Freehold, heh...Anyone think of a code or trail sign to spread about, heh, to direct new 'lings, heh, to us?"

3. Likes liked this post
    Freehold Pledge: Winter
    Allies (Clubs) 1
    Allies (Emergency Services) 1
    Allies (Unions) 3
    Malcolm Green, the Mountain

WP: 4/4
    Health: 10/10
    Giant
    Mantle: Bubble of crisp, cold, air surrounds him. Frost rimes his head and shoulders, tracing icy epaulettes.
    Malcolm Green

Sun Banisher's Oath

(+1 Investigation, +1 Intimidation) - Winter 2016

Freehold Pledge

(+1 Streetwise) - Winter 2016

Dragon's Bane Pledge

(+3 Faerie Favour) - Spring 2017
    Greens Scenes

Dragon Giant|

PRE

"There is... some lore..." Green rumbled.

Actually, there was a fair bit - but that was for the ears of the Onyx alone. At one time he'd patrolled the streets of the Freehold, looking for signs of danger and signs of those fresh from the Hedge. Winter did not advertise that it had a special eye directed to watching for those just returned from their Durance.

"I can draw up some signs. Anyone can drop 'em about town or where you find a gate that looks half active, yeah."

5. Likes liked this post
    Nathan Griffin
    Nathan Griffin

To human eyes he looks slightly taller than average, with a lean, athletic build. His brown skin gives away his Mohawk ancestry, complementing his equally brown eyes and dark hair. He displays a military-styled haircut, shorter to the sides, and sports a few scars across his body and a particularly visible one in the form of claw marks across his face and neck. A very intense scent of forest, a mixing of pine needles, tree sap, and animal fur, characterizes him.
    Mien

Those who can see through the Mask observe black-and-white feathers to the sides of his face, that fuse seamlessly with his skin and hairline and close to his golden eyes. His teeth are unusually sharp, displaying fangs that are hard to categorize as belonging to a specific predator, although they most closely resemble a wolf's or some other canine's.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Something big had been going on right under his nose, it looked like. He frowned and glanced at his fellow Courtiers, trying to piece together what was going on. It seemed like they knew how to slay the dragon... or at least they thought they did. He had found that cynicism paid more often than not.

"Should not have left those privateers back there just like that," he told Alex and Malcolm. "They would know about anyone who was... MIA around these parts."

7. Likes liked this post

Alex Rivers

Alex nods at Nathan's comment. "Maybe. But getting back through the Hedge with prisoners in tow would have been a nightmare. And holding them here would not be easy, as shorthanded as we are."

Freehold Pledge: Winter
    Allies (Clubs) 1
    Allies (Emergency Services) 1
    Allies (Unions) 3
    Malcolm Green, the Mountain

WP: 4/4
    Health: 10/10
    Giant
    Mantle: Bubble of crisp, cold, air surrounds him. Frost rimes his head and shoulders, tracing icy epaulettes.
    Malcolm Green

Sun Banisher's Oath

(+1 Investigation, +1 Intimidation) - Winter 2016

Freehold Pledge

(+1 Streetwise) - Winter 2016

Dragon's Bane Pledge

(+3 Faerie Favour) - Spring 2017
    Greens Scenes

Dragon Giant|

PRE

"Sad but true. By the end there was only us three. Yeah, we lost Ramona running interference back up the trail. And the chef was in bad shape, too. We couldn't have handled them Privateer's if we wanted to. Best leave 'em to the hobs, you know?" Green nodded.

"But Nathan's right. Maybe we should have questioned 'em a little first." He nodded over to his motley mate. "Its done, now. Don't mean we can't learn from it. Maybe we should head back out and see how that hob town is doing?"

Morgan Bellanar

PRE

"Cool! Thank ye Green, heh-heh" Morgan gave the mountain a thumbs up at his offer. That'd make things go smoother. Her good mood followed at the mention of privateers. "Ye left the privateers with, heh, hobs?" The amount of hatred with which Morgan said privateer would seem surprising given how she'd been acting. She had plenty of reason to hate them, "Heh, hope they executed the slavers," the venom got worse.

Morgan dialed down the venom as she changed subjects, "I'll ask, heh, about crazy hobos, might turn up one of us or just a nutter or two. I'll, heh, post Green's signs around any gets I sense."

"Since we're going to be advertising for our little immigration project," Morgause piped up, "I'm curious how we're planning to cope if we do suddenly triple our population? Someone wanting to establish a power base might find a city with such a low population very appealing to establish their new territory."

A small grin appeared as the Cat Queen said this, still idly stroking the mouse held captive in the palm of her hand.

"Just something to ponder during the coming nights. I'm sure it won't be a problem, but you never know what lies beyond the shadow of the new moon."

She raised the mouse up towards her lips then, making soft cooing noises to the little animal before suddenly dropping it back into its box.

"I'd also suggest considering an immigration tax,"she added, closing the box up and rising to her feet. "You can't swell coffers that don't exist, after all, so this might be your chance to actually buy some."

Closes in 48 Hours!

Presence
    (Quiet Confidence)
    Striking Looks
    (Mesmerizing Eyes)
    Autumn's Regalia
    (Autumn Mantle)
    Fashion
    (Contacts, Status)
    Mhairi Ankaa

Mask

A slim girl, with raven black hair and grey-blue eyes. She likes wearing silver nail polish.
    Mien

Her skin; like moonlight captured. Quicksilver drips from her fingers, burning up before it lands. Motes of fell fire escape her eyes. In her hair, a galaxy, forming constellations which mimic the sky, changing with the Seasons.
    Mantle

Fear made manifest, Autumn's Regalia embraces the Wisp, as if she is Dread's most blessed daughter.
    Pledges & Other Things

Pledges

Autumn Queen Oath

Plot Stats

Fairy Floss
    Defense: 3 +1
    Heath: Willpower
    Glamour:

House Call
    Defense: 3 +1
    Heath: Willpower
    Glamour:
    HS Choker+1 Defense, -1g. Sparation3 -1g

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••
    Ask-wee-da-eed Telluric

Mhairi blinks, her fell-flames flickering at L'aire's vehement response. "Dormant doesn't mean dead." says Mhairi. If she weren't Queen she would have stayed silent, but she was, so she wouldn't. "As for his Achilles heel...did you even listen to my metaphor?" Surly it wasn't out of the realm of probability that the Queen to the Court of Fear, and Fae Magics to be able to find the Dragon's Bane?

Or did L'aire think that little of her?

Or was it just that the Dancer thought she'd Usurped Autumn's Crown from Rick...Mhairi swallowed. This was why she needed to talk to the Winters!

She catches, Morgan's looks and nods. The way that they've been acting should have been a giant red flag that there was something up!

Mhairi chews her lip before remembering she still has a sandwich to eat, and so she turns to that and listens to the guys talk. "That's what happened to Ramona?" Mhairi asks, she just thought the Ogress had left for more smithing work like Mhairi heard that she'd done in the past.

In her year here, and knowing the Steepscrambler. Knowing Morgan. She thought that she knew the women fairly well. To hear such venom in her tone...it didn't sit right with the Wisp. Mhairi put that on the list of things to do, she'd listen if Morgan was willing to share why the raccoon hated them above the normal levels of hate reserved for Privateers. "You and me both sister." Mhairi quips to her Paladin, but that doesn't mean that her words were flippant or lacked truth.

"Morgause has a point. We need to figure out how we're going to house, feed and care for new arrivals. We're stretched a bit thin now and we're just this." a drippy fingered hand gestures to the entirety of the Freehold plus they new arrivals. "i'll help with Edna's. But...if we're looking for the number I think you are...Edna's'll be full quicker then you think."

Mhairi frowned at 'immigration tax' it sat uncomfortably with her, even at the same time she completely understood why they'd need it.
    Currently Just a Simple Shade Shard~

Seraphina
    Presence
    (Magnetic)
    Striking Looks
    (Enthralling)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Angelic)
    New Identity
    (Sarah Jones)
    Mantle (Spring)
    (In Mini Sheet)
    Seraphina

Mien

Softly shimmering gold flakes catch the light whenever she moves, delicate gilded gold and diamond scales extenuate the rare greenish blue color of her aquamarine eyes. In the right light, or when her mood changes, her eyes seem to illuminate from within, it’s a very gentle glow. This is the ocean lives in Sera's eyes. The scales trail up to her temples and forehead. Her hair reaches down her back, brushing the ground, spun silver and emerald. Perfectly placed tiny pearls can be seen woven throughout her hair. Very fine diamond dust falls loose from her hair when she moves, reflecting rainbows from the light. The scales on her hands are dulled by the simple fact that her hands are translucent. There is an iridescent scale like skin that pulls delicately up from her ears. The membrane shimmers and has three curly points.
    Seraphina

Fairest

Nix/Treasured
    Mantle

Cherry blossoms gilded in gold bloom from her hair, tumbling down as a warm rejuvenating spring breeze gently kisses the air with the scent of freshly cut grass. The sound of birds singing can be heard as the wildflowers grow and bloom in vibrant colors where she walks, swaying and lively in the breeze.
    Sera's hands and lower legs are translucent while the rest of her has cracks
    Seraphina

Mask
    A fairly tall woman, roughly 5'11 with long, wavy dark brown hair. Her eyes are an intense, deep bright blue, reminding one of sapphires. Her lips are full and her skin is flawless. With that perfection comes a body that men fawn and drool over, and women envy.

Health Tracker

Haunted House
    Items

Hedgespun Items

Tear dropped shaped pendant, form fitted waterfall jacket

Misc.

-3 to any rolls involving Presence
    Seraphina Scenes
      The Plunge!, Break Grapple

Dreaming, -1 WP to analyze, WP to hold Dream together, Dreamscape

+2
    SL
    +2
    DV
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••••
    Treasured Nix

The Nix looks to L’aire, slowly digesting the words that were spoken. The claims that it had been dormant was curious, cause it seemed like Mhairi and Morgan were claiming otherwise. The sapphires slide back over to Mhairi, then back to L’aire, the Treasured was more than a little confused. If the Fairest wasn’t on board for attacking said Dragon, was that a sign of where the Seasons stood? Was there a divide between the Lost here?

A small smile was offered to Morgan as she mentioned climbing being good exercise, deciding to seek her out after the lunch. Might be fun to have someone to workout with, even if that workout was climbing.

When Green spoke, it was clear some of their friends were gone. Rather it was from the Dragon, or whatever interference someone had been doing. It was always hard to lose friends, but their existence wasn’t a safe one, and it came with many dangers.

Watching Morgause pet her food was a little disconcerting, that whole playing with your food thing. But her words made great points. With the numbers of Lost low, hell, she was apparently the only Spring, a sudden influx of Lost would greatly shift things. Not that she wanted the Crown, she’d suck as a leader, but she could see how it could disrupt the current administration.

Was she cooing at the mouse?! What the actual hell?! Who does that?!

Whoa…wait…immigration tax?! Would that apply to her? She didn’t have a job yet, what would happen if she couldn’t pay it? Concern covered her face as she considered the words.

“Sorry, I know I’m new and not Sworn yet, but this immigration tax you’re talking about. Well, suggesting. What would happen if a new arrival couldn’t pay it? Don’t get me wrong, I am by no means wanting a free ride, but it takes a little time to find steady work and get some money. Unless you had other ideas for this immigration tax idea.” Everyone should have to contribute, but within reason.

In all fairness, she listened to what Mhairi said, and she didn’t any metaphor. So it sounded like she wasn’t the only one, which was kind of a relief.
    Treasured/Nix Wyrd●●●●

Page 6 of 7 First ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 Last
Closed Thread