Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

Not A Care in the Night

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 3 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last

Wayland

Public Name: Richard "Richie" Holt
    Wayland

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Spells (3/3)

??? (Cloaked, Pot 4)
    ??? (Cloaked, Pot 6)
    ??? (Cloaked, Pot 7)

PRE

"I'm thinkin' about it yeah, but not now obviously." A slow smile spreads across his face at Truce. Or am I? "And top's effort on the license bro. You thinkin' about opening a side business for the Awakened folk? Could be a bit of a niche market out there for that kinda thing. Send your supernal ads out wide and get peeps from all over, lookin' for you to fix their Hubris-issues."

He nods at Strix and Faye, "Yeah, I get what you're both sayin', and I appreciate it totally. I think im in a good place right now, plus having all you lot in the same cabal is a big help."

Wayland accepts the beer Strix brought over. "Cheers bro." Beer in hand though, he looks on with fascination as Faye prepares the Absinthe. Its almost alchemical, and that has Wayland's attention. With the drink prepared, Wayland takes a sip. The concoction is not really to his liking, but he can see the appeal. "You know, with a bit of Magic I could make the cold water and the sugar interract in some interesting ways."

2. Bump West "Bump" this post

Presence •• (Bookish)
    Truce

Fair-skinned and thin, Truce does not appear to get out much, choosing instead to pursue more studious endeavors. He appears as a typical college student, wearing button up shirts, slacks, and a sports coat at times. His hair is dark brown and wavy, his eyes hazel.

Spell List

Spiders: EGuard(3P,self)

PRE

"Ah, thanks, Strix," Truce says as he's handed the beer, which he sips gingerly on.

"And thank you, Faye,"
    says Truce a little bashfully as he's praised by the Enchantress. "Some would say that credentials among the Sleepers aren't really a real accomplishment, but I value that position and the experience I've gained through my education." He looks to Wayland to answer him next. "And yes, I've considered offering my services to Awakened as well, but in more ways than mental health."

He looks back to Faye knowingly, having already informed his fellow Therarch of the deeper hierarchy he controls. He smiles mysteriously, being purposefully vague.

"I'm not much of a drinker though, aside from the occasional beer, socially mind you. But it'd be interesting if someone concocted some sort of working to enhance the taste." That would be within the purview of these Matter-using Moroi.

4. Likes West liked this post
    Bump West "Bump" this post

Strix

PRE

Strix looked at the glass Faye pulled out curiously, listening to the explanation she was giving. Never having had any Absinthe before, he did take Faye up on her offer and took a sip from the now finished glass. He pulled a momentary face at the initial taste, then looked a little bit more interested. "Does kind of taste like black licorice," he agreed as he gave it back to her, "I think I'll stick to beer for now, but it's not too bad. Maybe I'll have some a bit later."

It would probably not become something he'd drink all the time, but every now and then he wouldn't mind.

Joining the others again, he handed one beer to Wayland, clinging their bottles together, "Cheers," he said with a chuckle. "Good going there, Truce, congratulations," Strix added his own congratulations towards Truce when the information caught up with his brain and he handed the beer over to the man. "Whether others might think it an accomplishment or not, is none of their business. Not everyone wants to cut all relations off with Sleepers after Awakening."

He'd tried to stay in contact with his Sleeper family for the longest, the fallout just having been what eventually had made him want to move and leave them all behind. Strix still didn't want any harm onto them, but for all he cared he could do without them. That didn't mean, however, he didn't care about the Sleepers as a whole. Bad enough that Awakened got this idea that they were above them. Not everyone, of course, but it was common enough an affliction for the supposedly Wise.

Taking a sip from his beer, he sat down again and looked at the bottle. "Hm, there probably could be done something about it," he said, thoughtfully. "I've never really given it much thought. Wayland mentioned something about beer at the dinner, though?" Not that he could momentarily remember what it was, but it had come up when talking about Faye brewing her own beer.

He still glanced at Wayland.

Ugh, sorry for posting from the wrong account. Noticed it just as I hit reply.

6. Likes West liked this post

Wayland

Wayland

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Spells (3/3)

??? (Cloaked, Pot 4)
    ??? (Cloaked, Pot 6)
    ??? (Cloaked, Pot 7)

PRE

Wayland shruged at Truce's comments regarding his views towards Sleepers, and nodded in agreement with Strix. "What he said. I mean, isn't that why we fight? To one day rid the Sleepers from the prison that is the Lie? I say, as long as your work with them doesn't reinforce the Lie then it's a noble persuit." He raises his beer in salute to Truce.

"Yeah the Tass beer." Strix's reminder made him think of other possibilities to go with Faye's drink. "Look, the idea behind that was to slowly infuse mana into the beer as its brewing yeah? So it like, gives you a bit of a buzz when you drink it. I mean, I could totally just dump some mana into a drink and turn it into Tass, but that's like workin' with a hammer instead of a scalpel. We could set up the beer production in the Hallow and i'd like, funnel the surrounding mana into the whole thing. Not enough to actually make Tass beer, cause that would chew up a crap ton of mana, but like, infuse it enough to give it that mana zing."

Changing the flavour of a drink people don't like? That's a little easier. "I could probably make the drink easier to drink, but that'd take some time, ya know? To experiment and stuff, cause i'm not exactly a flavour king hey." And besides, knowing what people like isn't exactly an easy thing to work out, unless you go the other way. "So, what is it about the stuff you don't really like Truce? You know, to make it more pleasanter to drink?"

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

Active Spells: 1/6
    [Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Nodding to Wayland, “Yeah that’s a good idea, offering your knowledge and services to the Awakened. Lord knows we have our own unique issues.” She adds with a light laugh. Her own inner demons were a daily battle, but she wasn’t sure if it was one she would share if he offered those services.

“Interesting ways huh?” she looks thoughtfully at her drink, “If you decide to attempt it, let me know. I’ll defiantly give it a try.” She’d had Absinthe mixed with other liquors before, so having a Mage play with the flavor sound like fun.

“How could credentials among the Sleepers not be an accomplishment? I mean, we each started there before Awakening, right? Seems pretty legit and important in my book.” She says with a shrug.

Taking a seat, she picks at her plate as she listens to Wayland describe the mana infused beer. "Huh. Heard of tass, never really put much thought into putting it into a drink. But I can see where it would zap the mana supply. I'd like to help with it though, mix my knowledge of brewing with your magic. Bet it'd be fun!"

Presence •• (Bookish)
    Truce

Fair-skinned and thin, Truce does not appear to get out much, choosing instead to pursue more studious endeavors. He appears as a typical college student, wearing button up shirts, slacks, and a sports coat at times. His hair is dark brown and wavy, his eyes hazel.

Spell List

PRE

Truce smiles again. "I'm grateful for your support. Really, I appreciate it," he says, thanking them all once again. All he wants is to be become someone worthy of that praise.

He's almost just as grateful for the topic change as he places his hand against his cheek to check if he's blushing. Well, he could always blame it on the beer.

"Oh, um, to make it more pleasant? I suppose in my case I'm just not fond of being inebriated. Though I imagine that's also what people like about alcohol. As for enhancing the taste, I only meant that you could experiment with the flavor, not that there's anything wrong with it. Something to set it apart, you know. It might become quite popular among the Awakened, with the added benefit of providing supernal energies."

He knows he's not an expert on the subject and flounders a bit when expressing his piece. Whether it is a worthwhile project or not isn't for him to say. But trading Tass isn't unheard of. Combining a luxury item with a valuable commodity could be quite lucrative.

Strix

PRE

Right, Tass beer. Or not-quite-Tass-beer, if he remembered correctly, now that it was mentioned. Wayland pretty much summed it up as such again.

Strix only made a non-committal noise at the mention of Sleepers, having picked up eating again. Each Order had different views of them, and then so did each individual. While Strix knew that this was a prison, he was pretty sure there were some people better left without Awakening. Top candidates for this were, of course, each and every Seer. A waste of potential.

The change of subject was not just appreciated by Truce.

"Ah, so you would want it to taste like the alcoholic drink of your choice, maybe more so, yet without any actual alcohol?" Strix filtered out of what he was getting from Truce. That should, technically, be achievable with Matter, though he'd never really tried it. He was more the social drinker, and then not to excess that inebriation became much an issue. "That almost sounds like alchemy," he chuckled, looking at Wayland and Faye with a grin, "and something for the brewers to play around with."

His eyes moved to the screen for now, only partially really paying attention to it. Getting he cabal together had been the point of this night, he didn't mind if he'd have to read up what the movie actually was about later on. Or watch it again.

Wayland

Wayland

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Spells (3/3)

??? (Cloaked, Pot 4)
    ??? (Cloaked, Pot 6)
    ??? (Cloaked, Pot 7)

PRE

"Or just less alcoholic." he mentions to no one in particular, as he continues Strix's thought process.

"Well yeah, we could make proper Tass drinks that'll totally give you fuel, but that'd probably tap out the Hallow pretty quick hey." That's the sure fire way to piss off your new housemates by draining all the mana to make beer. "What I was thinkin' was just funnel a small bit in, to give ya a buzz of mana, but not enough to actually top you up yeah? Think of it like the non-alcoholic version of Tass."

"I'd be interested in trying to make some if you'll let me help you out with the brewing Faye?"

Presence •• (Bookish)
    Truce

Spell List

PRE

"You're probably right. We wouldn't want to tap ourselves out with such a meager Hallow." Truce replies to Wayland's concern. It was enough to meet their immediate needs, but not enough to trade away with. Veiled Threats probably had all the Mana they needed to get by.

The more the drink-making project is discussed though, the less interested Truce is to be a part of it. It seems a bit of a frivolous use of their time and abilities. But there's nothing wrong with a hobby, so he's been told.

"So, not to change the subject, but I haven't seen Brother Rat around as of late. And even with the changes to the Charter's Cabal requirements, that leaves Campanella on his own. Poor man must feel the odd man out." It comes to mind as he thought about the Hallow resources. Most likely Campanella doesn't have access to his own.

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

Active Spells: 1/6
    [Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

She nods as Truce talks, making some good points. “As I’ve gotten older I’m not too fond of getting drunk. Maybe it’s my old age.” She jokes with a grin, knowing she looks a lot younger than her actual age, yah for Time. “Know what we could do? A lot of bars offer beer samplers. They are small glasses with only a couple ounces of a variety of beer, that way you get to taste them, but not have to drink a whole twelve to twenty ounces of it. Maybe we could do something like that, make a variety of flavors or supernal energies, and let the other Awakened sample them.” It was an idea, and one that wouldn’t be all that hard to do. “Hell, could even remove the alcohol completely for those who don’t drink, and make like a magey type energy drink for emergency’s or something.” Another idea.

Chuckling, “Oh, I’m not like an official brewer. I just happen to have the supplies and I’m able to follow the directions the kits come with.” The grin was returned.

“Defiantly! I’d love to have some help, the whole brew process takes a couple hours but it’s be more fun with someone else.” It could be fun. “Sounds like our Cabal might have found a niche no others have tapped yet.” See, a little humor there, tapped…beer…funny stuff!

Page 3 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread