Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

(1610) Gathering

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 3 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last

Strix

PRE

Strix pointed towards Campanella. "Exactly, this wouldn't exactly be the message we'd want to give any other Moros that might join in the future. That they're constantly under scrutiny. Just meeting more regularly and getting to know each other seems far better a way to go about this than actually going out of our way to find some dirt on them." Just because they're currently the biggest in number of Path didn't mean they'd have to go set any form of example — especially because this would be the wrong kind of example.

Next thing they'd know, they all would have the reputation of being paranoid necromancers who met in a haunted house to plot.

Strix took a sip from his tea, cool enough that he wasn't scalding his tongue anymore, and gave Truce a confused look. "I second Campanella here. I was kind of thinking that you'd just stay our Councilor." It didn't really seem necessary to pick a new one at the moment. Maybe if Truce had gotten a different role within the Consilium that made it impossible for him to continue. "Unless you want to step down for any personal reason, I have no problem with you continuing to representing us in the Council."

It didn't sound to be the case, but one never knew.

Wayland

Public Name: Richard "Richie" Holt
    Wayland

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Spells (3/3)

??? (Cloaked, Pot 4)
    ??? (Cloaked, Pot 6)
    ??? (Cloaked, Pot 7)

PRE

He could certainly see the effect such a restriction would have on people, but the confirmation from Campanella certainly helped. "Yeah well I only meant that those sympathetic items would like, only be held for the probation period, but yeah, there'd be all sorts of problems in trying to hold them safely. Plus, people would probably think we're all a bag of dicks, so, that ain't good."

He considered Truce's question about the Path leader. Personally, he didn't want to take that role, mostly cause Wayland thought it might make too much division in the community right now. "That's up to you Truce if you wanna stay on as our Councillor. Like, i'm cool with you staying as our Path leader, but, I guess it all comes down to how much time you got. I mean, you got the Hierarch gig now, and you're in charge of the Silver Ladder, so, you still got time to look after us lot as well?" He wasn't trying to take a shot at him, just making sure he wasn't going to be overwhelmed by everything.

"Personally, I think Campanella's got the right idea. We just need to meet more often, that way we can sort out our business, and keep a closer eye on each other, cause it's not just newbies that can get influenced by the Seers ya know? The tighter we roll, the stronger well all be yeah?"

Thinking on what he'd just said, maybe that would be just the thing to give Truce more time for his roles. "Yo, how 'bout we meet before each Consillium meeting to discuss our Path business, so we can be prepared ahead of time come Consillium? Help take some burden off a Truce if he agrees to remain as our Councillor. Unless Strix wants the job?" Wayland looks to the other mage, wondering if he might like to challenge Truce for the job.

3. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post

Presence •• (Bookish)
    Truce

Fair-skinned and thin, Truce does not appear to get out much, choosing instead to pursue more studious endeavors. He appears as a typical college student, wearing button up shirts, slacks, and a sports coat at times. His hair is dark brown and wavy, his eyes hazel.

Spell List

Spiders: EGuard(3P,self)

PRE

Truce smiles, taking their confusion for praise. As if there were any question who would represent them.

"I would like to remain as Councillor, yes. I just wanted to make sure I have your support. The truth is I've grown rather used to being busy all the time. But please feel free to contact me if you feel there's a matter that needs my attention. I think that's a good idea to meet before the next convening of the Council. Though on that matter, I don't suppose anyone wants to serve as my Provost, in the case that I am unavailable?"

Before now, a Provost would have just been the only other Moros around that isn't already the Councillor. Though there were only four of them, this might still be a chance for another to take on responsibilities.

Campanella
    Allies (City Hall)
    Allies (Criminal)
    Allies (Culture)
    Allies (Finance)
    Occult Skill
    Campanella
    Campanella
    Campanella's Scenes
    Stats

Clock

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1
    Active Spells: 3/5
    Personal Spells: 3/1

[2R] Analyze Artefact (Deep Scrutiny of Artefacts, Prolonged, 1 scene)
    [4R] Dark Matter (Matter Sight, Prolonged, 1 scene)
    [2R] One Mind, Two Thoughts (Prolonged, 1 scene)

Tangled Threads

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 4
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1
    Personal Spells: 1/3

[4] Aura Perception (Concentration, 1 scene)

[5] Third Eye (Mind Sight, Prolonged, 1 scene)

[2R] Unseen Aegis (Armor, 1 scene)

PRE

Campanella's eyes roved across the assembled group.

"I could take on that role, should there be a need for it. In all seriousness, I doubt it. Two of our Path are in Cabal with you already. Any one of you can find me to pass on news and so forth."

Ambitions are one thing. Practicalities are another.

He finished his tea and carefully set down the cup.
    Campanella|Moros|Mysterium
    Gnosis: 4
    Occult Skill: 3

Strix

PRE

"Hm, me?" Strix looked over at Wayland with bewilderment, shaking his head again. If the others wanted him to take the Councilor role, he would do it — if Truce was, for some reason, not able to do it himself. Since this wasn't the case, however, he was not going to make voice for the position. "No, I'm good with Truce being our Councilor."

If he wanted to be Councilor, he would have said so.

The question about anyone wanting to become Provost and Campanella's reply made him nod in agreement. There weren't many things a Provost could do within the Sacramento Consilium than carry a title. With the lack of any other Provosts around, the Councilors would likely be willing to either wait for Truce – should he really be unavailable – or just deal with any situation with those present, if it was dire enough.

"I would do it as well, but Campanella was quicker," he grinned, shrugging a moment later, "though I agree with his assessment."

With Wayland and him in the same cabal, they could easily voice anything to him directly, and Campanella didn't strike him the type not to do so, personally, if it was necessary. The Provost role just seemed a little...redundant.

Just like the whole Herald thing had been.

Maybe if the number of Moros continued to increase, it might become necessary — but for now, not so much.

Wayland

Wayland

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Spells (3/3)

??? (Cloaked, Pot 4)
    ??? (Cloaked, Pot 6)
    ??? (Cloaked, Pot 7)

PRE

Well their last Provost had been Pelican, so anyone to take that job could only be making an improvement. He had been a nice guy, but he'd seemed someone of little substance. "I thought having a Provost was also about, having a next in charge kinda deal. Like, beyond the normal stuff, but say Truce is unavailable, wouldn't the Provost be like, the one to take charge? You know, a whole chain of command thing."

Cause such things are important yo. Clear chain of command.

8. Likes West liked this post

Presence •• (Bookish)
    Truce

Fair-skinned and thin, Truce does not appear to get out much, choosing instead to pursue more studious endeavors. He appears as a typical college student, wearing button up shirts, slacks, and a sports coat at times. His hair is dark brown and wavy, his eyes hazel.

Spell List

Spiders: EGuard(3P,self)

PRE

Campanella's bid for the Provost position is met with an approving nod. In truth, Truce likes the man, for his formal demeanor and attentive nature. His assistance would be most welcome. "Then I name you as my Provost, Campanella."

Though Wayland makes a good point regarding the significance of his decision. "If we want to agree upon that here, that the Provost would take up the Councillor's seat if I am unable to perform my duties, then it would save time having to decide on a new one I suppose. Though I have hopes that I won't be going anywhere anytime soon."

Knock on wood. When one walks the Path of Doom, there is always a chance they may meet with it.

It may indeed be a redundant position, considering Truce houses himself with Wayland and Strix. And passing over Wayland, who held a longer seniority in the community might be thought of as unfair. But at least he wouldn't be thought of as bias.

Strix

PRE

Strix looked at Campanella thoughtfully when Truce raised the next matter at hand.

He didn't know the Moros, not that he knew all that many in Sacramento. Really knew them. But overall, he had done nothing to outright show he would be a bad candidate to represent them as Councilor should Truce be unable to for whatever reason. There were many reasons, of course, none of which he wanted to entertain at the moment, because there was only tea to drink.

As if remembering his cup of cooled tea, he picked it up and drank it more than sip it this time. There was still a little left when he put it back down.

"Should anything of the sort happen, I wouldn't really have anything against Campanella possibly taking over as Councilor." Unless there were reasons that spoke against the man by then — but that would be something to deal with at that time, not right now. If it would be an issue, at all.

Strix was more than willing to give Campanella the benefit of doubt, while hoping the situation wouldn't come up unless Truce had given up his role willingly.

Campanella
    Allies (City Hall)
    Allies (Criminal)
    Allies (Culture)
    Allies (Finance)
    Occult Skill
    Campanella
    Campanella
    Campanella's Scenes
    Stats

Clock

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1
    Personal Spells: 3/1

[2R] Analyze Artefact (Deep Scrutiny of Artefacts, Prolonged, 1 scene)
    [4R] Dark Matter (Matter Sight, Prolonged, 1 scene)
    [2R] One Mind, Two Thoughts (Prolonged, 1 scene)

Tangled Threads

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 4
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1
    Personal Spells: 1/3

[4] Aura Perception (Concentration, 1 scene)

[5] Third Eye (Mind Sight, Prolonged, 1 scene)

[2R] Unseen Aegis (Armor, 1 scene)

PRE

"Well. If you insist, Councillor. I shall do my best as your Provost."

His face rippled as he sought to control himself. This was an unexpected honour and he had meant what he said. Still...

Provost!

A position of influence, perhaps?

A sigh escaped his lips as he leaned back, hands moving to rest on his knees. Flushing somewhat, he turned slightly toward Wayland Cerberus . If there were to be any objections, it would come from the Arrow.
    Campanella|Moros|Mysterium
    Gnosis: 4
    Occult Skill: 3

12. Likes liked this post

Wayland

Wayland

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Spells (3/3)

??? (Cloaked, Pot 4)
    ??? (Cloaked, Pot 6)
    ??? (Cloaked, Pot 7)

PRE

In a sense, a small part of him died inside. He'd wanted to be named Provost at some point, but he knew that now was not the right time, as there was still bad blood between himself and others in the community, and while that shouldn't matter when it comes to Path business, he still wanted to push Moros interests further, and right now he wasn't the man for the job.

Wayland bowed to Campanella from his seated position, "Welcome Provost Campanella, I feel you'll bring a touch a class to our Order in the city hey." Time will tell if he was trustworthy, but then thats why they'd decided to have regular meetings. To like, keep an eye on each other. He would either do well, or they would find out he wasn't and 'correct' it.

"So! Now we've got the whole leadership stuff sorted, what are we gonna do to put our stamp on the city? You know, like our goals and such. Personally i'd like to see us take on either gathering a massive undead army or getting into identity theft from the deceased. Sounds harsh I know, but the undead army is a preventative thing, to like, have the bodies on hand in case we need some zombie back-up action."

It was funny, in his head it sounded like a good idea, then as the word-vomit ensued, he was less enthused. "Anyway, thoughts?"

Page 3 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Closed Thread