Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

(1610) Gathering

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 Last

Presence •• (Bookish)
    Truce

Fair-skinned and thin, Truce does not appear to get out much, choosing instead to pursue more studious endeavors. He appears as a typical college student, wearing button up shirts, slacks, and a sports coat at times. His hair is dark brown and wavy, his eyes hazel.

Spell List

Spiders: EGuard(3P,self)

((1610) Gathering)Mana 1 Spent
    PRE

Shielding
    Date Action Roll Result
    2016-10-12 08:55:50 Truce rolls 10 to cast improvised Entropic Guard (day) [Gno+Death+HS] (10 Again) 9, 2, 3, 5, 1, 1, 2, 1, 6, 1 1 success

It had been some time since the number of Moros had grown large enough to warrant a meeting. It had been when Mace still held the Councillor seat and he was still a fresh face in the city. Back then a seat on the Council might be handed off on a whim to whoever stood next in line. Unfortunately that still seems the case for some Paths.

That is one reason to call them together tonight. The power of the Council functioned based on the will of each Path and the wisdom each had to offer. Who among them could represent their will?

Strix and Wayland have the benefit of residing within the apartment with Truce. Their guest would be Campanella of the Mysterium. It is interesting that each Moros that would be gathering represented four of the five Orders. A diverse group to be sure.

Truce waits in the living room for the sound of the doorbell or knock to let Campanella in. He has a kettle warming on the stove for tea, should any wish for grey, green or black.

When all have arrived, Truce says, "Thank you for coming, gentlemen. Are formal introductions necessary or are we all familiar with each other?"

-1 Mana for day duration

Strix

PRE

The advantage to be living at the place where the Moros met was that Strix didn't need to worry about being late, unless he willfully ignored someone's arrival. He was working on something on his laptop when he heard there someone begin at the door, Truce probably letting them in since he had spied him previously lurking in the living room, waiting for all to arrive.

Shutting the laptop's lid, he got up and moved to join the others in the living room, humming a random tune as he did so. Dressed, as usual, Strix was wearing a single color black tee and a pair of blue jeans with a number of holes in them. Anyone suggesting he should throw them away would learn that Strix was rather fond of this particular pair, it was probably one of the more comfortable ones, though he did have a few other pairs that had holes, too. As long as they weren't in any place he should worry about flashing anyone his underwear, he didn't really think it necessary to throw them away or re-purpose them.

He probably could fix them with magic if he really cared about it, which he didn't.

When he saw Campanella, he waved at him in greeting, nodding in turn at Wayland when he joined them in the living room, as well, rounding out the Moros of Sacramento. He also nodded at Truce, figuring it can't hurt.

"Thank you for the invitiation." Strix commented with a grin, knowing it was ridiculous of him to say that, considering he lived here, as well. "Hm, I don't think there are any formal introductions necessary," he said with a shrug, glancing at the others as he continued, "I mean, we all know who we are, don't we?"

Wayland

Public Name: Richard "Richie" Holt
    Wayland

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Spells (3/3)

??? (Cloaked, Pot 4)
    ??? (Cloaked, Pot 6)
    ??? (Cloaked, Pot 7)

PRE

Wayland walked into the living room with a cutting board with cheese and crackers on it, and set it on the table. He looked at the display, and something just didn't look right, but people eat cheese and crackers right? Honestly he had no idea, but he was trying to help out. Usually his idea of entertaining was hookers and drugs, but that didn't seem real appropriate.

Once they were all there, Wayland responded to Truce, "Nagh we met at the Circle. Sup Campanella?" he gives the arrived Moros a nod. "Ohh! And ahh, there's some cheese and crackers here, you know, to like, eat." Yep. He'd nailed it, he could've totally been a party planner.

4. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post
    Campanella
    Allies (City Hall)
    Allies (Criminal)
    Allies (Culture)
    Allies (Finance)
    Occult Skill
    Campanella
    Campanella
    Campanella's Scenes
    Stats

Clock

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1
    Active Spells: 3/5
    Personal Spells: 3/1

[2R] Analyze Artefact (Deep Scrutiny of Artefacts, Prolonged, 1 scene)
    [4R] Dark Matter (Matter Sight, Prolonged, 1 scene)
    [2R] One Mind, Two Thoughts (Prolonged, 1 scene)

Tangled Threads

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 4
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1
    Personal Spells: 1/3

[4] Aura Perception (Concentration, 1 scene)

[5] Third Eye (Mind Sight, Prolonged, 1 scene)

[2R] Unseen Aegis (Armor, 1 scene)

PRE

Campanella arrives at last, somewhat dressed down in slacks, shirt and a coat that screamed "Old Style Teacher archetype" with its patched elbows and faded cloth. The usually reserved Moros had a slight smile on his lips too, as he walked up the steps into the Temoins du Sud sanctum.

First: the ritual of formally knocking on the door and waiting for admittance. Then, to the living room.

"Hierarch?" He inclined his head toward his Councillor, careful with his nomenclature while the dust settled from the Formal meeting in the past weeks. "Wayland. Strix." His head bobbed to the two men in turn. "We have met. If not in person then by reputation at least."

Campanella sought out a chair and took off his coat before settling in.

"Tea would be appreciated, thank you. And cheese and crackers." He let his smile widen. "So? Is there an agenda?"
    Campanella|Moros|Mysterium
    Gnosis: 4
    Occult Skill: 3

6. Likes West, Cerberus liked this post

Presence •• (Bookish)
    Truce

Fair-skinned and thin, Truce does not appear to get out much, choosing instead to pursue more studious endeavors. He appears as a typical college student, wearing button up shirts, slacks, and a sports coat at times. His hair is dark brown and wavy, his eyes hazel.

Spell List

PRE

Truce smiles as the men settle into their seats in the living room and he pours himself a cup of tea, offering a cup to the others before sitting himself. They can see that he wears a gray button-up shirt layered beneath a gray-burgundy sweater-vest.

"As far as an agenda goes, this meeting is mostly to determine who will represent our Path on the Council. Before we are able do that, I think we should determine just what interests those of the Moros Path need representing. A Councillor should voice our collective will articulately and confidently. But first, Strix and Campanella, how are you both settling in? Do you feel there are any glaring problems that need to be addressed with how the Consilium is being run?"

Much of what happened at the Formal Meeting may be fresh on their minds. And a fresh perspective is always needed in an ever-changing society such as theirs.

8. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post

Strix

PRE

When Campanella took off his coat, Strix moved from his spot with a polite smile. "Let me take that for you," he said, and when handed over the garment moved to hang it up before joining the others, sitting down himself. Strix took Truce up on his offer for tea, opting for black, even though he wasn't big a tea drinker.

Every once in a while, though, he could be swayed. Otherwise, he preferred coffee.

The tea was hot, no surprise there, but Strix still had carefully lifted it up to take a tentative sip from it, partially scalding his tongue anyway with a wince. Still, he decided it was good enough as it was without any addition of sugar or sweetener. "I'm settling in okay," he said, after a moment of waiting the pain to subside again, "I mean, I've been here for a few months now, so I've...adapted well enough, I think." Sure, he'd been moving a lot, first to Sacramento and then to the Témoin du Sud Sanctum. Nothing too stressful, though.

Strix leaned back in his seat, hands clasping in front of him on the table. He'd let the tea cool off a little before trying to drink it again.

"As for the Consilium...I mean, one of the main problems I see is most often related to numbers more than how it is run, itself. There's the Council, already taking up five of us, leaving only five other people who currently don't have any title or role beyond, perhaps, what they have within their Order." Strix snorted at the mention of Orders. "Where we're back to lack in numbers. The Ladder and the Arrows are currently the biggest one, while the others have one member each. Besides that..."

He shrugged, leaving glancing towards Campanella to see what he had to say to the question.

Campanella
    Allies (City Hall)
    Allies (Criminal)
    Allies (Culture)
    Allies (Finance)
    Occult Skill
    Campanella
    Campanella
    Campanella's Scenes
    Stats

Clock

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1

Tangled Threads

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 4
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1

PRE

Campanella took the tea he was offered and savoured it. Eyes closed, he let the scent of warm tea fill his nostrils while the Libertine laid out his views.

"I have an apartment. Not a Sanctum, naturally." He said at last. "Strix is right though. For such a small Consilium the number of officers does seem high. I don't see the need for a Herald. A Sentinel? Maybe under ordinary conditions but... not here. Not now, at least. Not when we are all in the fight, whether we like it or not."

He sipped his drink, then set it down.

"I have to say what troubles me the most is the position given to Cabals in the Charter. I sense this is a relic from a different time when there were much greater numbers - of Cabals and Awakened both. As of now, at least two of us are penalised greatly because we are deemed Solitary. But where is the choice - or even the competition for our skills? Both the Veiled Threats and the Temoins du Sud appear quite full. I doubt either of you is recruiting - so that leaves Brother Rat and myself forever at the bottom of the pile. Recognised but disallowed from participating in our common life. As I have some plans to re-establish the Athenaeum as soon as is practicable, this may put me at odds with the Charter: As a Solitary my options are prescribed heavily..."

He gestured with his hands.

11. Likes Benji liked this post

Wayland

Public Name: Richard "Richie" Holt
    Wayland

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Spells (3/3)

??? (Cloaked, Pot 4)
    ??? (Cloaked, Pot 6)
    ??? (Cloaked, Pot 7)

PRE

Wayland looked at the tea but declined, like, what is it with people liking hot drinks? Yeah, I love burning my crap out my mouth when I drink, give me more! Instead he opted for nothing, and sitting down and lounging on a seat.

The issue of positions in the city was a big one, or at least, an overpopulated one. "I totally agree with the no Herald thing, cause we've got enough Councillors to sort that out, but with Sentinels? I've been thinking for a while now that my Oath is no longer valid. Cause like, it was made to an old Heirarch in an old regime. I mean, does my oath still hold weight? It was something he was concerned about, but was unwilling to reneg on his duties without a release from the higher ups.

"but do we really need a permanent Sentinel with the low numbers we got?Maybe it could just be position given as needed, and the Heirarch or Council can tap the most appropriate person to fill it at the time. Or people."

Campanella
    Allies (City Hall)
    Allies (Criminal)
    Allies (Culture)
    Allies (Finance)
    Occult Skill
    Campanella
    Campanella
    Campanella's Scenes
    Stats

Clock

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1

Tangled Threads

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 4
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1

PRE

"Perhaps not a permanent Sentinel. That is not to say we do not need one - or more! - right now. Given that the Consilium is at war. Maybe once we have secured a measure of peace the Sentinel position can be reviewed."

Campanella leaned back into his seat, leaving his tea on the table for the moment.

"I understand that given the circumstances we are all effectively warriors defending our place in the city. I would have presumed a Sentinel would have had a greater role in our collective defence in these times. But as you say, the Sentinel is bound to the Hierarch, so if one changes, by necessity the other is questioned."

He cast his eyes over Wayland, a lone finger rising to trace the line of his jaw as he thought.

"Was this a mystic oath? I am afraid I know little of Fate workings. I do understand Prime and Mind... to a lesser degree. If the oath of which you speak had mystic backing, it might well have some effect on your auric field. I can offer to take a look if you wish."

Give a little to gain a little. Campanella hoped the offer could cultivate his Arrow colleague, to one degree or another.

Presence •• (Bookish)
    Truce

Spell List

PRE

"It seems a popular opinion right now," says Truce, suppressing the disappointment in his voice. With how the last meeting had gone, it felt as if he were the minority when it came to how a Consilium aught to conduct itself.

"I think things will become easier for you, Campanella, with the restrictions on Cabal membership being loosened. We may even see changes among the current Cabals for membership since they aren't bound by necessity."

Truce smiles to Strix and Wayland, "Though I hope everyone else is pleased with things as they are as far as Cabals go."

"As for your oath, Wayland, you may well be free of that, even if there were a supernal working tied into it. Fate itself may well have been altered by the reality shift we experienced. Though it's just my hypothesis."

"Now then, am I hearing correctly that you're all in favor of the changes that took place to the Charter at the last meeting? Were there any changes that you would like to see addressed or suggestions for how we can improve upon those systems? I, for one, would like to see more security protocols taking place for new membership into the Consilium. As of now it's solely up to each Councillor's discretion what sort of security checks each new arrival is faced with. But each Councillor may be limited to what sort of screening is available to them." He had plans already to discuss this with Avis, but he would like to hear Wayland's feedback on it as well as the collective Moros opinion. If his own ideas were not aligned with the majority then perhaps he had no place sitting on the Council.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Closed Thread