Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

Mission Improbable

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 3 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last
    Robin Lewis, Prudence Miller
    (Current ID, Reality War Name)
    Presence
    (Plucky)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Raspy)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Allies
    (Criminals, Street)
    Tuesday

Acanthus

Trained Observer ●
    Trained Memory ●
    Quick Draw ●

Nimbus

Stained glass butterflies surround Tuesday, each pane on their tiny wings glows a verity of iridescent hues, while showing glimpses of what was, what is, and what will be. When vulgar magic is cast, the fluttering cascade doesn't last, they shatter. Falling into dull, colorless dust before vanishing completely.
    Stats/Bismark

Oct Rits

Health:
    Backlash:
    Mana: |
    WP: |
    Armor 1/0
    Defense 5

Vulgar
    Active Spells: 2 / 6
    Personal Spells: 2

[4] 2E Fate Shied (Rit)
    [3] 2E Fate Sight (Rit)

+1
    DV
    PRE

"Boo!" Tuesday calls at the guns. "And here I thought that Arrows were obligated to arrow."

"Words. The most tricksy bitches there is." Tuesday nods, even as she frowns. "Justification. That's different." fingers tap her thigh, as Tuesday fights off the urge to reach for her ratty dictionary.

Cope / kōp / Verb. (of a person) deal effectively with something difficult.

Justification / ˌjəstəfəˈkāSH(ə)n / Noun. The action of showing something to be right or reasonable.

"I'm not going to go on a murder spree. And I'm not going to kill first and grab a Moros for the questions. Killing...is for when there's no other option left." Staring ahead as they came ever closer to their destination, "That's how I'll justify killing."

The silence stretches, "Meh. It's all good. If I want to zen. I'll figure it out. Or try too. Either way, it'll be something that eats up time." the Unicorn's grin in back in place.
    Health: | Mana: | Willpower:

2. Likes West, Cayce liked this post
    Avis
    Avis

Vulgar: Color drains from the immediate area and depth perception becomes temporarily skewed, everything seeming to draw in uncomfortably close, making rooms smaller and all but distant objects seem in reach.
    Vice: Color drains from Avis and her facial features seem indistinct and grainy, as though her identity is growing less defined.
    Virtue: Colors appear more vibrant and everything seems to become grander in scale.
    Merits

PRE

"Two things," Avis said, her hands tightly gripping the wheel despite the somewhat slow speed of their drive. If anything, the van was under the speed limit, and it wasn't exactly freeway traffic.

Her breathing might have been faster, too...

"Thing one: arrows like to be efficient. Only the most traditional use actual arrows." The Warlock paused, then frowned.

"Let's say instead that it's only those that want meaning in their weapon that use arrows. That's why I use them. In all honesty...using them probably puts us at a disadvantage. So just remember that if you ever do decide that you have no more options.

"Though, really," she continued, her knuckles going white as she risked a glance at Tuesday out of the corner of her eye, "there is no such thing as no more options. No more options is bullshit. It's a cop out. There's always the choice to not perpetuate violence. And there's also the argument that a truly Wise mage would never reach the stage where violence was the only resort. They would be smart enough, or whatever, to find another solution.

Avis paused, then layed into her horn and gritted her teeth as someone cut them off.

"Motherfuckers," she growled, the look in her eyes perhaps reminding Tuesday that for a Mastigos...looks really could kill...

But then Avis sighed, visibly forced herself to relax, and eventually changed lanes.

"Anyways, where was I?"
    she muttered. "Oh, right, violence. Well, obviously, violence is something that I do practice. That all Talons practice. The thing you have to realize is that violence and killing are not different. That's why you have to make the choice, you have to find a reason beyond 'there's no other option' if you're going to do it and still be able to face yourself later. For some people," like Star, "killing is done as a personal sacrifice. It's done so that others might be saved from a greater evil. For others...for others it's done for the sake of a cause. For me...For me, I do it for both reasons."

Avis risked a glance at Tuesday again.

"Does that make any sense?"
    "Aw-Vee". Pres 2 (Moody). Mastigos, Adamantine Arrow. Trace of a Cajun accent.
    Defense: 8. 3 cloaked spells. Phone (pot 6), Belt (pot 5), Self (pot 2 +3) Spell tolerance: 1/3, Accumulation: 3/7

4. Likes West, liked this post
    Presence
    (Plucky)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Raspy)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Allies
    (Criminals, Street)
    Tuesday

Acanthus

Trained Observer ●
    Trained Memory ●
    Quick Draw ●

Nimbus

Stained glass butterflies surround Tuesday, each pane on their tiny wings glows a verity of iridescent hues, while showing glimpses of what was, what is, and what will be. When vulgar magic is cast, the fluttering cascade doesn't last, they shatter. Falling into dull, colorless dust before vanishing completely.
    Stats/Bismark

Oct Rits

Health:
    Backlash:
    Armor 1/0
    Defense 5

Vulgar

[4] 2E Fate Shied (Rit)
    [3] 2E Fate Sight (Rit)

+1
    DV
    PRE

Tuesday had to wonder if she should ask Avis if she wanted the unicorn to drive. Since...well. Looking around them. Obvious. But would that step on Aunty Avis' pride? Probably. Besides Tuesday didn't know where this field trip was headed. Besides, you know. Bows and probably Arrows. Maybe even both.

"Huh. The more you know." you could almost see the star and the rainbow behind that phrase. "And. Yeah. Duly noted." Tuesday nods.

So. Probably should have known that Aunty Avis' had a touch of road rage. Seemed like it would have been a thing. An obvious thing.

"It makes all the sense." an other nod. One the Unicorn hopes that Avis doesn't see with how white her grip is on the wheel, it might be best if her swamp-water eyes locked onto the road. "For me. Right now. Besides the symbols, Legolas and all that jazz. I want to learn how to shoot things full of arrows as a bounding thing with you. And to protect my friends when might and magic wont work. I don't have a cause-Cause. Besides punching the Seers because of all this Reality tomfoolery. And...It's just been me. For a long while. So I haven't really thought of killing to save someone else from a grater evil." Tuesday frowns, as she considers Avis' words.

6. Likes Cayce liked this post
    Avis
    Avis

Vulgar: Color drains from the immediate area and depth perception becomes temporarily skewed, everything seeming to draw in uncomfortably close, making rooms smaller and all but distant objects seem in reach.
    Vice: Color drains from Avis and her facial features seem indistinct and grainy, as though her identity is growing less defined.
    Virtue: Colors appear more vibrant and everything seems to become grander in scale.
    Merits

PRE

"Well, consider it, I guess," Avis said after a few moments. "At the end of the day, it's your thoughts that matter."

A small silence bloomed, one that was fast approaching awkward, or at least it felt that way to the warlock who was slowly weaving her way across the city, her hands sweating on the old sheepskin cover wrapped around the van's steerting wheel.

"So, um, you mentioned music. As a sort of cathartic process that you use. That's pretty much the same for me, too, though I definitely can't sing like you. But what, um, what do you like to listen to? Or play?"
    Defense: 8. 3 cloaked spells. Phone (pot 6), Belt (pot 5), Self (pot 2 +3) Spell tolerance: 1/3, Accumulation: 3/7

Presence
    (Plucky)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Raspy)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Allies
    (Criminals, Street)
    Tuesday

Acanthus

Trained Observer ●
    Trained Memory ●
    Quick Draw ●

Nimbus

Stats/Bismark

Oct Rits

Health:
    Backlash:
    Armor 1/0
    Defense 5

Vulgar

[4] 2E Fate Shied (Rit)
    [3] 2E Fate Sight (Rit)

+1
    DV
    PRE

An agreeing noise the Unicorn makes. Followed by words. "I will. It's important. So I will."

The Unicorn wants to music. The radio is there. There's music to be played and everything. Right There.

Tuesday fills the silence by clicking her tongue and patting her thighs.

Rhythm baby.

"Right. You play bass right? Star said. Also while mentioning band stuff that flopped because a chick bailed or whatever." fingers scratch her neck, "Whatever I'm in the mood for. I'm into a little bit of everything. Fav to play is stuff by 'Of Monsters and Men'. I was playing them when Star ran into me. And Wayland. I guess. Well he was there. I was busking. And got Wayland to donate some moneys to my Baby's guitar case. So. Good Day." offered an opportunity to fill the silence, and the Unicorn delivered. "Same question. But for you. Cause I wanna know. Cause Star was like band stuff, and I'm game. For band stuff."

9. Likes Cayce liked this post
    Avis
    Avis

Merits

PRE

"Honestly, the band didn't flop because the fiddler chick bailed. Well, she and her singer friend. Whatever. The point is, the band really flopped because we couldn't agree on the genre," Avis confessed, a slight frown tugging at her lips.

"We all want to play what moves us, right? And that means finding a common ground. For me, I like stuff that has weight to it. Weight and energy. And emotion. Stuff like Neurosis, or Isis. Or even Metallica, Pantera, Old Man Gloom, or the Agonist. I don't know if those band names mean anything to you,"
    Avis apologized, glancing at Tuesday, "but they're pretty different from what Star listens to. Or 'Of Monsters and Men'. And it's not that I can't get behind other stuff. It's just that we haven't been able to find the right common ground."

11. Likes liked this post
    Presence
    (Plucky)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Raspy)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Allies
    (Criminals, Street)
    Tuesday

Acanthus

Trained Observer ●
    Trained Memory ●
    Quick Draw ●

Nimbus

Stats/Bismark

Oct Rits

Health:
    Backlash:
    Armor 1/0
    Defense 5

Vulgar

[4] 2E Fate Shied (Rit)
    [3] 2E Fate Sight (Rit)

+1
    DV
    PRE

"Ahhhhhh....." Tuesday draws out in understanding until the sound dies a natural death due to zero air. "I can see why the band flopped due to conflict in genres."

"Yeah, for sure." She only liked to play what she felt. "I completely get that. And yeah I only got a few of those bands, but yeah. I'm shit at recognizing band names, or song names. Which might seem weird. But..." Tuesday shrugs. "I remember lyrics. And melodies and all that stuff. I only know Of Monsters and Men 'cause I've had to google them so much."

"But I'd rather not settle on a genre. I'd rather not be limited to one thing. I don't feel one thing. So. I want options to make music for more then that one thing. If that makes sense." humming under her breath as a idea came, "Finding a common thread to link everything, and us together is something different...that's something I cold get behind."

13. Likes Cayce liked this post
    Avis
    Avis

Merits

PRE

"Well, we should totally talk about trying to start a band again, then," Avis said as she pulled into the parking lot of the archery club.

The van's engine died with a final rattle and thunk as Avis turned the key and pulled it out.

"Maybe we should start by exchanging, like, mix tapes or something. To try and get an idea of the other person's, I don't know, musical psyche. And just to, ya know, learn more about each other, I guess. There are still mysteries surrounding the Unicorn that I'd like to solve, eventually," Avis explained with a half smile.

"For now, I guess we can just start with your My Little Unicorn Bow."

15. Likes liked this post
    Presence
    (Plucky)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Raspy)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Allies
    (Criminals, Street)
    Tuesday

Acanthus

Trained Observer ●
    Trained Memory ●
    Quick Draw ●

Nimbus

Stats/Bismark

Oct Rits

Health:
    Backlash:
    Armor 1/0
    Defense 5

Vulgar

[4] 2E Fate Shied (Rit)
    [3] 2E Fate Sight (Rit)

+1
    DV
    PRE

"Yes." and the bobbled headed unicorn is born. "So much yes."

"Playlists, mixed tapes. Totally!" a grin, "Hell, you could get the sound system up and just pump some music through it, and yeah!"

Giddy Unicorn is Giddy. And it didn't just have to do with the fact that they just parked in from of the archery club.

"Unicorn mysteries will be solved. Eventually. But I'd want to get into the Avis' Drama and Star's Soap, and the Fisher...uh-cooking show?" Tuesday trailed off, then she shakes her head. "Then the Avistar Thing. 'Cause FYI. I'm so lacking in gossip it's not even funny. Plus history lessons. Bonus."

Belt unbuckled, and one Unicorn's free on the confines of the van.

"Awesome~!" and it totally was. Not only were they here, but Aunty Avis remembered the Not My Little Pony thing. "Lead the way Aunty dearest~!" this was her Arrow-y arrow thing. She'd been here, and Tuesday didn't want to eff up Avis' rep (if she had one) with these peeps. Just because she was fine with tripping over herself to find All The Things!

17. Likes Cayce liked this post
    Avis
    Avis

Merits

PRE

"Bow first. Story time later. But fair warning, story time doesn't come without the price of admission, and that price is that you have to ask about what you want to know," Avis explained as she hopped out of the van.

"Otherwise I'm just going to assume you believe in, I don't know, bullshit that runs throughout fate and time and you'll never get to find out."

We're at the month mark, QQ. Let me know when you want another thread!

19. Likes , West liked this post
Page 3 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread