Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

Mission Improbable

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
    Robin Lewis, Prudence Miller
    (Current ID, Reality War Name)
    Presence
    (Plucky)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Raspy)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Allies
    (Criminals, Street)
    Tuesday

Acanthus

Trained Observer ●
    Trained Memory ●
    Quick Draw ●

Nimbus

Stained glass butterflies surround Tuesday, each pane on their tiny wings glows a verity of iridescent hues, while showing glimpses of what was, what is, and what will be. When vulgar magic is cast, the fluttering cascade doesn't last, they shatter. Falling into dull, colorless dust before vanishing completely.
    Stats/Bismark

Oct Rits

Health:
    Backlash:
    Mana: |
    WP: |
    Armor 1/0
    Defense 5

Vulgar
    Active Spells: 2 / 6
    Personal Spells: 2

[4] 2E Fate Shied (Rit)
    [3] 2E Fate Sight (Rit)

+1
    DV
    PRE

Gasp!

A wild Avis appears!

Tuesday darts into the kitchen humming the mission impossible theme. Hands clasped, finger gun style.

Hands still up, her bony ass hits a chair. Hazels cast about the room. Seeing no one but the two of them they drop. And start a tempo on her lap.

The unicorn's silent.

ish

Every so often hazels are drawn to the Warlock, then once more about the room.

It takes several repeats of this before the unicorn starts scooting her chair closer.

The sound is a screech on the floor.

Once the unicorn is close enough a grin is grinned.

"Hi~!"
    Health: | Mana: | Willpower:

2. Likes Cayce, West, Yog-Sothoth liked this post
    Avis
    Avis

Vulgar: Color drains from the immediate area and depth perception becomes temporarily skewed, everything seeming to draw in uncomfortably close, making rooms smaller and all but distant objects seem in reach.
    Vice: Color drains from Avis and her facial features seem indistinct and grainy, as though her identity is growing less defined.
    Virtue: Colors appear more vibrant and everything seems to become grander in scale.
    Merits

PRE

Avis had glanced up at Tuesday when she'd first galloped with a hum in her throat into the kitchen, but after a moment Avis had just gone back to drawing in her notebook, an arm curling protectively around the paper. And, when Tuesday finally scooched closer, it became clear why. Amidst a smattering of other doodles was a very prominent drawing in the center of the page, half finished. It wasn't an image of great quality, but the Unicorn's likeness was unmistakable. As was Star's... Not that they were drawn in a compromising position, the figures were (presumably) just sitting together...but very close together.

"What?" Avis demanded, closing the notebook on her pen.
    "Aw-Vee". Pres 2 (Moody). Mastigos, Adamantine Arrow. Trace of a Cajun accent.
    Defense: 8. 3 cloaked spells. Phone (pot 6), Belt (pot 5), Self (pot 2 +3) Spell tolerance: 1/3, Accumulation: 3/7

4. Likes Yog-Sothoth, , West liked this post
    Presence
    (Plucky)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Raspy)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Allies
    (Criminals, Street)
    Tuesday

Acanthus

Trained Observer ●
    Trained Memory ●
    Quick Draw ●

Nimbus

Stained glass butterflies surround Tuesday, each pane on their tiny wings glows a verity of iridescent hues, while showing glimpses of what was, what is, and what will be. When vulgar magic is cast, the fluttering cascade doesn't last, they shatter. Falling into dull, colorless dust before vanishing completely.
    Stats/Bismark

Oct Rits

Health:
    Backlash:
    Armor 1/0
    Defense 5

Vulgar

[4] 2E Fate Shied (Rit)
    [3] 2E Fate Sight (Rit)

+1
    DV
    PRE

As Avis closes her notebook Tuesday moves trying to keep ahead of the cover.

Of course the cover closed, and her head lands on the table.

There's a thunk. It echos.

"You doing a cabal thing?" because this Unicorn seemed clueless. "You do you on the other side of Star 'cause you two have a Thingdom between you, and I'm all smooshed in to make room for the buffet. Fisher's I mean. It'd be effed up to see that chickadee without a mountain of food close at hand."

Tuesday's head still rests on the table as her hazels stare at the pen. "Sure you okay with the pen being there? It's gonna crease something. Or leak. Ink stains. Eww." it's only the scary lady she's sitting next to's rep that kept her from poking at the pen.

Because pen.

A lazy blink as her head raises, hands used to prop up her head. Then in an awkward motion she moves her arms up, so her elbows rest on the table.

"You 'what'd' me didn't you?" rhetorical. Like she forgot that demand after waiting so patiently for the warlock's attention.

What? She was totes patient.

She was!

"I have thoughts." because that was all sorts of helpful.

A hand moves to scratch at the side of her nose.

"I've been wondering about arrows." little 'a'. "Not-ah talons, but arrows." A blink. "You know? Pew, pew." because that would clear everything up.

6. Likes Yog-Sothoth, Cayce, West liked this post
    Avis
    Avis

Vulgar: Color drains from the immediate area and depth perception becomes temporarily skewed, everything seeming to draw in uncomfortably close, making rooms smaller and all but distant objects seem in reach.
    Vice: Color drains from Avis and her facial features seem indistinct and grainy, as though her identity is growing less defined.
    Virtue: Colors appear more vibrant and everything seems to become grander in scale.
    Merits

PRE

"Ok," Avis replied, her voice so flat that it seemed like that was all she was going to say.

"I guess it'd be redundant to say that the trajectory of your thoughts on arrows brought you to me,"
    Avis added next, her expression deadly serious.

"Pew pew."

Avis thought for a moment, her brow furrowing, her forefinger tapping out a quick rhythm before she used it to flick her notebook back open.

"And no, it's not a cabal thing. I was just drawing the two of you."
    Defense: 8. 3 cloaked spells. Phone (pot 6), Belt (pot 5), Self (pot 2 +3) Spell tolerance: 1/3, Accumulation: 3/7

8. Likes Yog-Sothoth, , West liked this post
    Presence
    (Plucky)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Raspy)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Allies
    (Criminals, Street)
    Tuesday

Acanthus

Trained Observer ●
    Trained Memory ●
    Quick Draw ●

Nimbus

Stats/Bismark

Oct Rits

Health:
    Backlash:
    Armor 1/0
    Defense 5

Vulgar

[4] 2E Fate Shied (Rit)
    [3] 2E Fate Sight (Rit)

+1
    DV
    PRE

"You have to teach me how to do that." a finger points, wiggling about the warlock's face. "The face." Tuesday tries for her best 'for reals serious face'.

She looks more constipated then serious, but that's why she needs the lessons.

"See. My mad serious face skills need work. That's how my Glare turned out so awesome. Practice~!" her hand rejoins her other one in the arduous task in holding her head up.

"But yeah. You are the lady to see when you wanna talk arrows. Little 'a'." a blink. "But seriously. The face. That tone. You have to let me on your secrets. It's an awesome effect."

A blink.

More blinking.

Aaaaand more blinking.

"Color the Unicorn Confused. But whhhy?"

Because a seriously constipated serious face...

...what was the color of confusion?

Tuesday's thinking orange.

Avis
    Avis

Merits

PRE

"I could teach you," Avis said with a shrug, "but first I'd have to find a lab coat and some glasses that flash under fluorescent lights. Then I'd have to give you scrubs and pump you full of chlorpromazine and asenapine, maybe throw in some barbiturates. Then I'd have large men with body odor lock you up in tiny rooms whenever I didn't like your expression, and I'm sure you'd master that face pretty quickly."

It was unsurprising to see that Avis still wore 'that face', though it softened after a moment and Avis sighed.

"Sorry," she said, slumping down further into her chair. "I'd just assumed I was alone. You startled me."

A pale hand rose and brushed itself through the Warlock's dark hair, her eyes falling on the sketch once more before flicking back to the woman next to her.

"I was thinking about what you'd said during truth and dare night. It...I don't know, sometimes I have doubts. Sometimes I wonder if Star would be happier with someone else. So I thought I'd just see how it might look. Ya know, theoretically."

11. Likes West liked this post
    Presence
    (Plucky)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Raspy)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Allies
    (Criminals, Street)
    Tuesday

Acanthus

Trained Observer ●
    Trained Memory ●
    Quick Draw ●

Nimbus

Stats/Bismark

Oct Rits

Health:
    Backlash:
    Armor 1/0
    Defense 5

Vulgar

[4] 2E Fate Shied (Rit)
    [3] 2E Fate Sight (Rit)

+1
    DV
    PRE

This time the Unicorn is silent.

"Well...that sounds...the words I could use here would be paltry things. So. Yeah." she wouldn't want any pity with her own history and the detail the warlock gave made it seem like it was her own for reals history so she'd go all golden rule on Avis.

Avis' face softens, as she slumps down, and gives her apology.

A hand moves from her head to give it a wave, "It's all good. I'mma Vee Tee noob. With Varyx being all ghost-like and Fisher's magnetic pull to the fridge, and Star, being Star. So yeah, totes get the startled thing. Shoulda knocked or something. Maybe get a trumpet sound to play with an announcing blah-blah-blah."

Now the Unicorn look legitimately thoughtful.

"Again. whhhy? I had a not-date with Star he was just Hearthmastering, we got chili fries, I payed for mine, he payed for his. He said something about licking a fry and I made a swapping spit joke. And he made it clear that you and he was in Thingdom." this time Tuesday keeps her own head up as her arms fall to the table, "And with all this Reality War bee ess and Time being all screwy, you and him still have that Thingdom. Even with the Seers being all dee-bags. Tells me that you shouldn't be thinking hypotheticals, or theoreticals or whatever-eticals, 'cause Time and Fate's in your corner on this one chickadee."

Take it from a semi-expert.

Firm resolute nod. With constipated serious face.

Finger points at the face. Another nod. Hazels imparting the seriousness of the thought of Avis and Star's Thingdom.

13. Likes Yumyumcrow, Cayce, West, Yog-Sothoth liked this post
    Avis
    Avis

Merits

PRE

Avis' eyes narrowed slightly, though it wasn't because Tuesday had just admitted that she'd talked about swapping spit. No, it had nothing to do with anger. It was just perplexity, and concentration, because when it came to some Arcana, there were just some things that Avis just didn't get...

"Ya know, I think that's just one of the differences about us. People like us, I mean. Paths that we walk and all. I live in theoreticals. That's what my world looks like. But you, you Acanthii, you're grounded. The past is an anchor, and the strands of fate are chains. That's why some many of you are so goddamn flighty. Not because pulling at the literally weave of destiny itself is a fucking breeze, but because you've got such a solid foundation that you aren't plagued by the same sense of anxiety that the rest of us have...

"Besides,"
    she continued, a small smirk appearing, "just because we have 'thingdom' doesn't mean it's necessarily free from anguish or scars. So, ya know, it's helpful to think about things. See what happens when it tumbles around in your noggin'. Kind of like your comment about entrance music. If I could, I would totally have the Imperial March play whenever I entered a room. Ya know, for the ironic value."

With that the smirk turned into a smile, and Avis tore the drawing out of her notebook.

"Now, what was it you wanted to talk about? With the pew pew?"
    she asked, her fingers deftly starting to fold the paper...

15. Likes Yog-Sothoth, West, liked this post
    Presence
    (Plucky)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Raspy)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Allies
    (Criminals, Street)
    Tuesday

Acanthus

Trained Observer ●
    Trained Memory ●
    Quick Draw ●

Nimbus

Stats/Bismark

Oct Rits

Health:
    Backlash:
    Armor 1/0
    Defense 5

Vulgar

[4] 2E Fate Shied (Rit)
    [3] 2E Fate Sight (Rit)

+1
    DV
    PRE

A head tilts "I have never heard of anyone tell and Acanthus they were 'grounded' before." since the stereotype says un-focused, un-reliable, un-everything else. "Buuut...yeah that makes a lot of sense for why we've held onto the devil may care stereotype as strongly as we have."

Fit better then anything else she's head.

"I suppose so. Rom-Coms are just part of the Lie right? Happily every after is bull. Anything worth anything needs work and not just love-at-first-sight-magic." Tuesday clicks her tongue a few times. "But I haven't been one half of anyone's Thingdom in a very, very long time. So those sorta thoughts bouncing around my noggin' haven't been around for just as long."

A hand rakes through her hair as she lets out a snort. "We can totally do it. Just us. Or Vee Tee. And if I had intro music I think I'd have to use the Last Unicorn opening. Since Unicorn. And that it's pretty."

Looking at the notebook as Avis torn out the drawing, Tuesday was left blinking at the return to the reason she snuck in on Avis.

"Oh yeah." Tuesday shifts in her chair. Frowning, cause now...she really didn't know how to put it. What she needed were words. Better words. Tuesday doubted Avis would let her whip out her ratty dictionary so she could find some. "Symbols." kay that was a word. But one that needs more for context. "Arrows. The symbol. I grew up in a place called Broken Arrow. Arrows are path tools for me. So when your fellow Talons came to pitch me I thought it was a match made in the Aether. But..." Tuesday trails off, looking down at her fingers, they'd found a lose thread and had been balling it up between themselves. "Everyone knew I'd end up in the Free Council...they just gave up on me, to save their energies for the next one. It's that assumption that made me give a giant F-U to all the Orders. Childish. But meh." Tuesday shrugs.

"Sorry. You probably didn't want or need a Unicorn history lesson. Anyway. My point isn't to get a pity pitch for you. It's the arrows with the little 'a'. That's how we can bound. You can teach me how to shoot stuff full of arrows. Maybe that's why the arrow symbols. So I could get pewing lessons from the Talon with a quiver."

Tuesday smirks a unicorn smirk, waiting to see what the paper folding warlock had to say after the babble of unicorn words.

17. Likes West, Cayce, Yog-Sothoth liked this post
    Avis
    Avis

Merits

PRE

"What are you talking about? Of course I need a Unicorn history lesson," Avis returned with a soft snort, her fingers still at work, artfully folding and arranging torn bit of paper.

"We're in a cabal. Or, better than that, you're in my cabal, and my cabal isn't just a cabal. It's supposed to be more than that. Not that it's always been more than that, but it's always supposed to have been more than that, and I think that it can be, now. I like the...I don't know, vibe that we all have. I want to build on that. So I want more Unicorn history lessons. And again, I'm sorry for snapping at you."

And with that, Avis put the last few finishing folds onto the piece of paper and then handed the finished result over: an origami unicorn.

"Just don't call our lessons 'pewing lessons', please," she added, pulling a face. "It sounds gross."

19. Likes West, Yog-Sothoth, liked this post
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread