THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 2 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last

Knot
    Theo
    Occultation
    Knot

Nimbus
    Knot appears, for a moment, as a marionette, roughly carved from wood and painted in a facsimile of life, bound up in a spiderweb tangle of it's own strings, that are pulled every-which way by unseen hands.
    Theo

Mask of Tranquility
    Striking Looks (Roguish Good Looks) 2

OCC
    PRE

"People talk," Brother Rat replies to Faye's welcome. "What can I say? But no, I haven't gotten my Robes yet. I know I will someday though."

He grimaces at the Friar Tuck question. "God, I hope I'm not the comic relief. I don't think my ego can handle that." Brother Rat shakes his head. "I like rats. They have a bad rap, but they helped me through my Awakening. It felt appropriate, honoring their... sacrifice. And the Brother title is to remind myself to be a Brother to others." He spreads his hands, silently apologizing for the saccharine idealism of the statement. "So please, don't take it as a rebuke on my part, but it's Brother Rat. Not Bro, not Bruh R, not Bro Rat, or Rat-Bro. Or at least in a non-emergency context, please."

"The slightly more involved and pretensions reason is because cities are their own, sacred, thing. Like a church." Brother Rat smiles, moving his hands back and forth like he's handling a physical representation of his thoughts. "It's full of sacred, secret places that most Sleepers are blind towards. But cities have their own lives, a spirit. I don't mean a [i]spirit[i]-spirit-esque reflection in the Shadow. They have their own personality and they're living things for all that they're made of dead matter. I feel like I have a duty to find and shepherd those places, and see to the health of the congregation so that there's something to appreciate when they're ready to see it. A lot of my travels have been mostly about moving from city to city and getting a feel for the zeitgeist, as it were. If I'm going to be that kind of priest for the Awakened Nation, I needed a Name that represented what that meant for me."
    Active Spells: 2e Fortune's Protection (Rote), Sybil's Sight (Improvised)

no offense but do i look like i understand anything?

Robin Lewis, Prudence Miller
    (Current ID, Reality War Name)
    Presence
    (Plucky)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Raspy)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Allies
    (Criminals, Street)
    Tuesday

Acanthus

Trained Observer ●
    Trained Memory ●
    Quick Draw ●

Nimbus

Stained glass butterflies surround Tuesday, each pane on their tiny wings glows a verity of iridescent hues, while showing glimpses of what was, what is, and what will be. When vulgar magic is cast, the fluttering cascade doesn't last, they shatter. Falling into dull, colorless dust before vanishing completely.
    Stats/Bismark

Oct Rits

Health:
    Backlash:
    Mana: |
    WP: |
    Armor 1/0
    Defense 5

Vulgar
    Active Spells: 2 / 6
    Personal Spells: 2

[4] 2E Fate Shied (Rit)
    [3] 2E Fate Sight (Rit)

+1
    DV
    PRE

"Cute. Widdle. Noobiest. Unicorn." Tuesday enunciates clearly, voice deadpan.

A brow arches. A hip is cocked. Lips are twisted into a hard grim line.

"Meh." a shrug, everything else falls away. "I can live with that. Still not the worst thing I'd ever been called." which lead to, "Sorry." Rat-Bro. "I wont call you ah...well..." Rat-Bro. Out loud. "Anymore. Promise." She meant it.

"Scar Team?" was this something the Curious Unicorn should be asking? Weeeell the blond had brought it up. "But fuck yeah! We should totally get together, talk music and your side show stuff." a grining grin is grinned. "And you know have a Team Thistle meeting too. That might help."

"Grim and Grimmer. I kinda want to call Wayland Grimmer. But the dude seem I donno, more animated. And Strix is more introspective. Soooo take it as you will. Could be backwards compadible, or intro-changeable....? Whatever. Like the Tweedles. Dee and Dum. But, you know, Grim and Grimmer."

"Buuut holy-wow! Fisher, well for one I had no clue you were so gosh darn famous. What's your secret?"
    Health: | Mana: | Willpower:

Campanella
    Allies (City Hall)
    Allies (Criminal)
    Allies (Culture)
    Allies (Finance)
    Occult Skill
    Campanella
    Campanella
    Campanella's Scenes
    Stats

Clock

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1
    Active Spells: 3/5
    Personal Spells: 3/1

[2R] Analyze Artefact (Deep Scrutiny of Artefacts, Prolonged, 1 scene)
    [4R] Dark Matter (Matter Sight, Prolonged, 1 scene)
    [2R] One Mind, Two Thoughts (Prolonged, 1 scene)

Tangled Threads

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 4
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1
    Personal Spells: 1/3

[4] Aura Perception (Concentration, 1 scene)

[5] Third Eye (Mind Sight, Prolonged, 1 scene)

[2R] Unseen Aegis (Armor, 1 scene)

PRE

The well dressed Moros and Mystogogue drew closer.

"Campanella, Alchemist on the Path of Doom, Alae Draconis." He intoned, hand on heart, head inclined slightly. Yes it was formal. Obviously stuff and old fashioned. Most definitely awkward. But Campanella like the old formalities and more importantly, he had no guang xi from which to work; without knowing how conservative of liberal the mages of the River City Consilium really were (and with the Awakened, appearances could be deceptive), he would play it safe. "Newly arrived, obviously. How do you do?"
    Campanella|Moros|Mysterium
    Gnosis: 4
    Occult Skill: 3

Knot
    Theo
    Occultation
    Knot

Nimbus
    Knot appears, for a moment, as a marionette, roughly carved from wood and painted in a facsimile of life, bound up in a spiderweb tangle of it's own strings, that are pulled every-which way by unseen hands.
    Theo

Mask of Tranquility
    Striking Looks (Roguish Good Looks) 2

OCC
    PRE

"Peachy keen," He responds with a smile and a small wave of salutation to Campanella. "Brother Rat, Vox Draconis Shaman, new to the Consilium as well." he gestures around the small circle of magi to make what introductions he is able to. "These are Councilors Faye and Fisher, as well as Tuesday and someone who's name I haven't caught yet."

"The conversation seems to be hopping between the merit of clothing in the face of the Lie, performance ability, chosen names, and... unicorns, I think?" He gives Tuesday a small nod as he fills in Campanella on the topics at hand, since it seemed to be her thing. "I'm not really sure what the story is about that last topic though."
    Active Spells: 2e Fortune's Protection (Rote), Sybil's Sight (Improvised)

no offense but do i look like i understand anything?

Status
    (Entertainment)
    Status
    (News Media)
    New Identity
    (Jack Hoyle)
    Nimbus

The Mirage: Star appears translucent with overlapping and slightly offset images of himself in different identities/disguises.
    Supernal

OCC
    PRE

Keep it together.

Don't laugh. It's not cool. First this guy's talking about Rats and then Robes and nobody's Stay-Puft'in a total image of Master Splinter.

And then...

And then...

What about B'rer Rat? Like Uncle Remus? B'rer Rat. B... Rat. BRat.

"You, uh, you married to that name? I mean, just, like you said. Emergency situations. I don't, like, you need to tell me. What to call you. In an emergency."
    I am Jack's Unavoidable Nicknames. "I mean... I dig what you're... saying... just..."

About the city. Master Splinter, exploring the sewers. Staaaaahp.

And then...

And then...

"Did he just say
    Camper Van Beethoven."

Jack is literally chewing on his knuckles now.

3 successes to Totally Not Cracking Up And Being Serious
    Date Action Roll Result
    2016-09-10 21:14:25 Star rolls 8 to Manipulation + Subterfuge (10 Again) 4, 8, 4, 6, 10, 7, 1, 3, 8 3 successes
    Nimbus in MiniSheet 2. Cloaked spells, no overt magical res. Scrut for deets.
    '...Watch With Glittering Eyes...'
    - Roald Dahl

6. Likes , Yumyumcrow, Orianna liked this post
    Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

Active Spells: 1/6
    [Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Smiling, “Well, I’m sure we can help you if you need it.” She offers, not knowing where his education level was at.

Shrugging, “I’ve had rats as pets, very intelligent animals! But I’m not saying you’re like a pet or anything.” She adds with a laugh.

When Tuesday mentions scars, she shrugs and nods towards Fisher, “Hey, she mentioned it. I was just throwing my hat in cause I have scars of my own.” She wasn’t the most scarred, but she wasn’t ashamed of her own. Actually, she kinda elected to have them maybe that was weird.

The grin was returned, “Great! I kinda suck at cooking, but I have quite a list of takeout. And home-brew, if you drink.” She says with a laugh, “My schedule is pretty open, being self-employed and all, but here’s my number,” she’ll provide her number if Tuesday wanted it, “Look forward to it.” Blue eyes search the room, not seeing July. “Might be a really small Team meeting.” Man that sucked! She hoped July was just late.

Turning to yet another new face, wow, did someone send out invites or something?

A hand was offered as well as a smile, “Pleased to meet you Campanella. And as he said, I’m Faye, welcome.”

Mischievous eyes shift to Star, a smirk on her face.

Fisher

Extempor. Affinity: •••••
    Eidetic Memory

PRE

"I think there is enough comic relief around these days, you might have to get in line," Fisher said with a smile while looking around. No she was not looked at certain people...not at all...and certainly not herself either.

"You sound a little opposite of me Male Sibling Murid," she said with an innocent look. "Which is pretty cool. I grew up traipsing through the woods by myself, so I figured I'd hit up the big city and get to know people besides Arrows and Thyrsus...we don't get out much I guess. The city thing is pretty cool, I noticed that a little, it does seem to have a life of it's own. Also it is pretty interesting how different the shadow is in places like this too."

"Scars can be pretty cool, specially if they hold stories behind them. I heal pretty well so they're hard for me to pull off, but i am into tattoos so it's a little similar I guess. Both can say a lot about a person."

Since Fisher was wearing shorts the eagle tattoo on her right thigh was pretty visible.

When the older man came up and introduced himself Fisher gave him a smile in response. He was certainly well dressed and she couldn't help but look around at everyone else and realize the eclectic mix of styles from formal to grubby and how odd they must all look. She also didn't know why everyone had to use those difficult Latin names for everything all the time.

"Hey, nice to meet you. I'm Fisher named after the small mammal from the Canadian Wilds, not Leonardo or anything. Sorry about my appearance, but I wasn't expecting to run into so many people and actually socialize. I'm Ungula Draconis, so if you need something stabbed or someone healed I'm your gal. I try to keep an eye on some of the local spirit stuff too."
    When she mentioned stabbing she patted her sheathed Bowie knives hanging from her side, which was out of place on exercise gear.

"You'll have to ask Tuesday about the Unicorn, that's her thing, I'm more a Hedge Witch."
    she said with a smile. "The one over barely holding it together with the skateboard is The Last Starfighter...everyone calls him Star. Strix just left so that should be everyone?"

"Path of Doom is getting pretty popular in the city lately, given the recent developments I hope that isn't a sign or anything,"
    she said grinning.

9. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post
    Campanella
    Allies (City Hall)
    Allies (Criminal)
    Allies (Culture)
    Allies (Finance)
    Occult Skill
    Campanella
    Campanella
    Campanella's Scenes
    Stats

Clock

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1
    Personal Spells: 3/1

[2R] Analyze Artefact (Deep Scrutiny of Artefacts, Prolonged, 1 scene)
    [4R] Dark Matter (Matter Sight, Prolonged, 1 scene)
    [2R] One Mind, Two Thoughts (Prolonged, 1 scene)

Tangled Threads

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 4
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1
    Personal Spells: 1/3

[4] Aura Perception (Concentration, 1 scene)

[5] Third Eye (Mind Sight, Prolonged, 1 scene)

[2R] Unseen Aegis (Armor, 1 scene)

PRE

"Councillors," Campanella inclined his head. He wasn't going to say anything about anyone's attire at this point; it appeared he'd stumbled upon an informal gathering. "Tuesday, Brother Rat and ... Star?" Again the somewhat stilted head movement.

"Fate. Luck. Happenstance. Will of the Oracles. Hard to tell." He smiled lightly, responding to the Shaman's response.

"The Shadow is a little beyond my field of expertise. Twilight realms are... possible. I confine my studies very much to the physical planes." His eyes drifted over Star where they lingered, for a fraction longer than socially acceptable, while the Moros pondered what the apparent skater was about.

Back to Brother Rat. "Merit of clothing... Well, it is said that 'clothes maketh the man'. I suspect its all about contexts..." His words felt forced. And unicorns? He had absolutely no idea where to start with that.

Quickly, he shifted to Fay. "Small team meeting? Oh yes, Councillor Truce informed me of the important roles cabal groups had within this Consilium. Ah... Would talk of fostering be appropriate at this point? I would not be normally so forward but my Councillor indicated that it was the done thing here." Hopefully this could nudge the conversation in a productive direction.
    Campanella|Moros|Mysterium
    Gnosis: 4
    Occult Skill: 3

11. Likes Orianna liked this post

Varyx
    aka Vanessa Thomas

Tempting (Pres 4)
    Sultry (SL 4)
    Varyx, Apostate Mastigos

Nimbus

Varyx's nimbus is subtle - she still looks more or less like herself, but there's something about her, something difficult to put your finger on... She's always been beautiful, but it's magnified and somehow terrible. Something so lovely can't be human, and it gives the people around her the impression that maybe she doesn't have any humanity, either.

+2
    SL
    PRE

The new Mastigos Councillor approached with a smile and a wave. "Good afternoon, ladies and gentlemen," she greeted brightly, offering a particular incline of her head in the direction of Campanella and Brother Rat. "I see we have still yet more new faces. Welcome to Sacramento, gentlemen. I am Varyx, Mastigos Councillor."

The conversation seemed to be heading in a dozen different directions at once, but she supposed that was the nature of such a gathering of people. Especially one that included these particular people. Mostly Star and Tuesday. The smile she wore took on a note of amusement.

Still, this Campanella seemed eager to find a place for himself, so she nodded as he asked about cabals. "Indeed, cabals are a requirement in this Consilium. We have two cabals at the moment, the Veiled Threats and Temoins du Sud. Most newcomers find themselves in one or the other, though there isn't anything that could technically stop you from forming your own." She motioned about the group. "Star, Fisher, Tuesday and myself are members of the Veiled Threats. Faye is from Temoins du Sud." She paused, and then motioned in Truce's direction as well, "as is Truce."

13. Likes liked this post
    Robin Lewis, Prudence Miller
    (Current ID, Reality War Name)
    Presence
    (Plucky)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Raspy)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Allies
    (Criminals, Street)
    Tuesday

Acanthus

Trained Observer ●
    Trained Memory ●
    Quick Draw ●

Nimbus

Stained glass butterflies surround Tuesday, each pane on their tiny wings glows a verity of iridescent hues, while showing glimpses of what was, what is, and what will be. When vulgar magic is cast, the fluttering cascade doesn't last, they shatter. Falling into dull, colorless dust before vanishing completely.
    Stats/Bismark

Oct Rits

Health:
    Backlash:
    Mana: |
    WP: |
    Armor 1/0
    Defense 5

Vulgar
    Active Spells: 2 / 6
    Personal Spells: 2

[4] 2E Fate Shied (Rit)
    [3] 2E Fate Sight (Rit)

+1
    DV
    PRE

The better dressed noob joins them, aaaad the Latin comes out.

Head tilts as Tuesday looks at Star. Wondering what had him nibbling on his knuckles. But soon the unicorn shrugs, because Star. If something sailed past her head, she'd almost certain that it'll be brought up again. Probably for more laughs.

Nodding head nods at Fayes words on her scars. "I can burn water and set salad on fire and that's aaaall me. No mojo required. So yeah. Takeout's awesome." a grin, and no words spoken on the beer. And the fact that Tuesday will never, ever drink it. "Me too. The self employed thing. Weeell...." Tuesday considers starting on the Busking, but shrug instead, "Never mind. Whenever's good with me." is said as a slip of torn paper with a scattering of squiggled numbers upon it is exchanged for the blond's number. "That's mine there. So call, or don't. I could call. Or whatever."

"Yeah, hey, Campanella. Like R-Bother Rat said. I'm a Tuesday, and 'cause everyone knows Monday's suck, and I find Wednesday to morose for me." a smirk is smirked. "The unicorn bit is for me. Self made tittle, Lone Unicorn or for the layman, Apostate Arcanthus."

Hazel eyes drift down to the tribal black and red eagle. "Starving Smurf, I am shocked. Shocked that I didn't know this about you!" Hands find hips, while a lip is bitten to keep her smirking smirk away, "Missy?" a finger wags, "Just what else are you hiding from me? Are you..." a dramatic sniffling sound is heard. "Are you one a diet?"

Tuesday holds it together for as long as she can, keeping a faux horrified cast to her features. Before she joins Star into giggle land.

"Varyx! Hey!" Tuesday's giggles draw to a hauling stop as the blond bombshell greets the group, and quickly she gets to work informing the noob about what's what. Tuesday wondered if he'd join Vee Tee or Tee Dee Ess or try to make a new cabal. But seeing how Bastion's Ascendant split up before it could even get going, the unicorn thought that he'd end up in one of the already proven cabals.
    Health: | Mana: | Willpower:

15. Likes Yog-Sothoth liked this post
Page 2 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Closed Thread