Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

(1609) Sanctuary 2

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 7 of 10 First ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Last

Presence •• (Bookish)
    Truce

Fair-skinned and thin, Truce does not appear to get out much, choosing instead to pursue more studious endeavors. He appears as a typical college student, wearing button up shirts, slacks, and a sports coat at times. His hair is dark brown and wavy, his eyes hazel.

Spell List

Spiders: EGuard(3P,self)

PRE

Truce abruptly leaves the newcomer's side and makes his way into the center of the the gathered Magi. As Wayland and Strix move to intercept him, Truce politely answers, "I'll be with you gentlemen in just a moment."

He raises his hands and voice as he calls for attention.

"Excuse me! Sorry to interrupt your conversations. I just have a quick announcement that I want to get out while so many are gathered. For those I haven't met, my name is Truce, Councillor for the Moros. Next month there will be a formal gathering, as most of you know. The Silver Ladder will be hosting a ceremony at its opening to honor those who have achieved significant understanding of the Tapestry. If you believe yourself eligible, please inform the Silver Ladder of your accomplishment and be able to demonstrate your ability."

He pauses half a moment, his adam's apple bobbing once before adding, "We are also in need of a Hierarch to be chosen among the Council. I would ask that the Council have a decision ready so that Heralds may be appointed. That is all."

Truce knew that the Council is already aware of his thoughts on the Hierarch position, having expressed that at the barbecue, though whether they would support him remained to be seen. Arthur's unexpected departure deprived the Silver Ladder of its brief majority. Who would be chosen as Wisest among them?

Turning back to Strix, he says, "Now then, my apologies. Yes, hello, Strix. Sentinel. It does seem that our numbers have swelled. I take it you've met Campanella. I've just recognized him as a member too. We should all get together after this to get to know one another." A Moros Meeting, much like when Pelican and Wayland met up with him for drinks and darts. If Truce were to ascend to the Hierarch's chair, a new Councillor would need to be chosen among them after all. Better that they make an educated decision.

2. Likes Yumyumcrow, West liked this post
    Campanella
    Allies (City Hall)
    Allies (Criminal)
    Allies (Culture)
    Allies (Finance)
    Occult Skill
    Campanella
    Campanella
    Campanella's Scenes
    Stats

Clock

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1
    Active Spells: 3/5
    Personal Spells: 3/1

[2R] Analyze Artefact (Deep Scrutiny of Artefacts, Prolonged, 1 scene)
    [4R] Dark Matter (Matter Sight, Prolonged, 1 scene)
    [2R] One Mind, Two Thoughts (Prolonged, 1 scene)

Tangled Threads

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 4
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1
    Active Spells: 3/5
    Personal Spells: 1/3

[4] Aura Perception (Concentration, 1 scene)

[5] Third Eye (Mind Sight, Prolonged, 1 scene)

[2R] Unseen Aegis (Armor, 1 scene)

PRE

Campanella ponders where to go next. The woman Truce mentioned appears to be still in conference - he opts not to venture there just yet, assuming that perhaps she is going through a similar vetting process that he has endured. That left the bearded fellow, now with Wayland as they bear down on the Moros Councillor. Believing they have business, the newly arrived Moros decides to network - he heads off to the gathering that straddles the side entrance and the courtyard.

Truce's speech stops in his tracks. Useful and important information - but not enough to sway him from his networking. He can muddle through the implications of his Councillor's speech later.
    Campanella|Moros|Mysterium
    Gnosis: 4
    Occult Skill: 3

Wayland

Public Name: Richard "Richie" Holt
    Wayland

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Spells (3/3)

??? (Cloaked, Pot 4)
    ??? (Cloaked, Pot 6)
    ??? (Cloaked, Pot 7)

PRE

"Yeah sure thing boss." And Wayland steps aside for the Councillor to make his announcement. Personally he didn't think he qualified for any great recognition in the Concillium. He was still a Disciple of his Arts, though his studies were going well, but thaty was nothing new.

Once he was finished he cleared his throat. "There's like, this thing I've been wantin' to run by you. Ok so, I've heard over the past few months that there was an Arrow mage by the name of Animus who died in the service of others." Or as he'd been told, Miach got him killed. "What I was after was if you knew the date of his death. I don't know whats like, the usual done thing round here, but I was thinkin' of holding a commemoration for him. I'm gonna run it by Avis as well, but I figured you'd know if somethin' was done after his death, ya know?" He was a warrior who died to protect another, an act worthy of honour, and Wayland would pay his respects to him, a fallen brother.

Glancing sideways at Strix, "I ahh, think he might be lookin' for a home as well." May as well throw him under the bus. Cause subtlety is for losers.

Strix

PRE

"Sure." Strix nodded and waited for Truce to get his announcement out of the way. There was nothing new on his side to mention to any Silver Ladder of his trust about this, he wasn't long enough around for any accomplishment, certainly not anything regarding his magical prowess

While never neglecting it fully, he hadn't been trying to really develop it lately. Settling in, new people to meet; it all took time.

The thing about the Hierarch, however, had his eyebrows arch momentarily with interest. He had figured the Council was going to run the show now, but if one of them was lobbying for Hierarch, he hoped it would be someone…approachable.

"No problem, important things come first." Strix shrugged in understanding, glancing sideways at Campanella who made his way over to the courtyard group, when he was mentioned, then focused back on Truce. "Well, I've not spoken to him yet, but it doesn't take a genius to jump to obvious conclusions: Newcomer, wants to talk to the Moros Councilor in semi-privacy...this place makes it pretty easy to listen in. At least some." Not that he had done so — on purpose. "A get-together sounds like a good idea, though."

When Wayland took over speaking, Strix hummed and remained silent to give the other a chance to get a word in, as well, since it sounded to be some sort of Arrow business. He wasn't exactly aware of just all traditions and whatnot, only partially having paid attention way back when they tried to recruit him after awakening.

Then Strix noticed Wayland was speaking of him, making him glance back at the other and mentally replaying what just had been said. "I'm a strong, independent Moros who need no man speak for him," Strix said with a snort of amusement, banishing the idea to put the Sentinel into a headlock. Too much hassle and danger of turning into a friendly tussle. "I gathered Wayland already mentioned that our cabal didn't come to be, but it doesn't seem right not to personally talk to you about it. When we talked, you offered to take me in or foster me in yours, so I was hoping to come back to that offer now?"

Strix was pretty sure this was a matter that Truce couldn't decide all on his own, what with there being more than just him in the cabal, but he had made the offer.

Varyx
    aka Vanessa Thomas

Tempting (Pres 4)
    Sultry (SL 4)
    Varyx, Apostate Mastigos

Nimbus

Varyx's nimbus is subtle - she still looks more or less like herself, but there's something about her, something difficult to put your finger on... She's always been beautiful, but it's magnified and somehow terrible. Something so lovely can't be human, and it gives the people around her the impression that maybe she doesn't have any humanity, either.

+2
    SL
    PRE

Varyx was still shaking her head as she returned to the building, her phone sliding back into her purse. Business was business, it seemed, and there were always those who couldn't seem to take a step without guidance. Now, thankfully, she had time to return to what was important.

Her gaze swept about the room, and she was surprised to discover the number of newcomers to the city that had slipped by her on their way inside. She took a moment to pause and consider the implications of his speech - that meant she would need to come to a decision of her own regarding the Hierarch soon. She would need to speak with Truce himself on the matter. Later, and privately.

It seemed many of the newcomers had joined the growing group among Star, Tuesday and the others. With a smile, she approached the group herself.

Varyx goes here!

Presence •• (Bookish)
    Truce

Fair-skinned and thin, Truce does not appear to get out much, choosing instead to pursue more studious endeavors. He appears as a typical college student, wearing button up shirts, slacks, and a sports coat at times. His hair is dark brown and wavy, his eyes hazel.

Spell List

PRE

"Of course, Strix," Truce answers with a soft smile. "And yes, we did speak on the matter. We decided to talk it over at our Sanctum over dinner, and you're welcome to attend."

There's some surprise when Wayland mentions the name Animus. It felt as though a great deal of time has passed since that name's mention. "Animus?" he echoes. "Actually, there was a service shortly after his death. Miach hosted a pyre gathering as a sort of funeral, both for Animus and a man named Leo Lockhart. I attended myself and said a few words. But if you feel more is needed you are welcome to speak on his memory during the ceremony preceding the formal. But I would ask that you phrase your words to honor all fallen Mages who died in service of the Consilium, not just of the Arrow."

As if an Awakened of any other Order deserves less recognition.

"It may also be nice to have a plaque to list their names if you could produce one,"
    Truce suggests as an afterthought. Who knows, with the Seer infestation there may be many more soon sharing space on such a plaque. Then again, such a grim reminder might not have an encouraging affect on the living. But death is something everyone must prepare for eventually.

"Was there anything else either of you wish to speak on? Perhaps you have a request to have your level of Arcana understanding be recognized at the upcoming ceremony?" He seems hopeful in his question as he wishes for his Pathmates to be regarded highly among their peers.

8. Likes West liked this post

Strix

PRE

Strix glanced sideways at Varyx when she passed by to join the group in the courtyard, though he turned his eyes back when Truce spoke up again. It was hard not to look in her direction, but Strix did possess manners to look at the person speaking to him. Sure, she probably was used to it, but he didn't have to keep looking longer than necessary.

"Ah," his eyebrows arched for a moment, then he nodded with a smile, "alright, I'll gladly join. Thank you for extending the invitation to me, as well." So far, it was easy enough, now he just had to find a pair of jeans that did not have any holes in it — or at the very least, less than the ones he currently wore. He did have a few that were in more or less good shape, he just never really bothered to check which pair he grabbed first.

Though he highly doubted the Sanctum followed any dress code beyond 'wear clothing'.

While Truce replied Wayland's question about this Animus, Strix glanced over to the groups that had formed. Most seemed to have collected in the courtyard, with Avis and Black Swan, he believed her name to have been, making the smallest one right now.

"Sorry to say, but there's nothing really on my front worth mentioning here," Strix replied, almost wincing at how hopeful the man sounded, "I'm still only a Disciple as highest level of mastery."

Wayland

Public Name: Richard "Richie" Holt
    Wayland

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Spells (3/3)

??? (Cloaked, Pot 4)
    ??? (Cloaked, Pot 6)
    ??? (Cloaked, Pot 7)

PRE

Strix's eyes weren't the only ones to wander as Varyx strolled across the Circle. If Mick Jagger were a woman, he'd have a swagger just like that bro!

"Ohh I'm sure there would have been a service for him when he died, but I wondered if there was like, any yearly tributes done for Our fallen." He stopped himself short of saying 'fallen warriors'. "I was just wondering if you knew the date of his death, so that I might plan something on that annerversary. I would do the same for any others, it just, Animus is the only one i've heard of. I mean, we have people disappear all the time, but his is the only death I know of, ya know?"

The thought of a plaque intrigued him, and cocking his head to one side he starts to run through ideas of what to produce. "That sounds like a totally boss idea. I'll think of something to commemorate the fallen." Maybe something a little more elaborate than a plaque, but thats future-Wayland's problem.

If it helps, I found the thread here, and the wiki has his end date at 6th April 2015, though the thread started on 8th Feb 2015.

Presence •• (Bookish)
    Truce

Spell List

PRE

"I'm afraid I don't know the exact date, or the details truly. I never knew either man very well in life. I just know the funeral took place a little more than a year ago. You may have to question those who have been around longer than myself. Councillors Star or Avis may know, or Faye perhaps," answers Truce to Wayland's curiosities.

"If you do find out the dates and details of their deaths, Animus and Lockheart's, could you perhaps share that information with Magus Campanella? He's a member of the Mysterium and an Archivist. Given the events of the reality shift we've endured, I think it would benefit us all to have that information documented, for the sake of perspective."

It's just practical. And it might inspire Campanella to conduct his own research to catalog the events this Consilium has been through.

Returning his gaze to Strix, Truce says to him, "A Disciple is nothing to scoff at, Strix. All Disciples are just as welcome to request recognition at the ceremony. Disciples, Adepts, and of course Masters. And we'll also be providing robes and small tokens to all members to want them, so that they may display their efforts."

12. Likes Yumyumcrow, Benji liked this post

Strix

PRE

Robes, right. Who wouldn't want to wear robes? So very breezy, very good for the heat here. That was a good thing, right?

Strix was pretty sure there were quite a few Disciples in the Consilium (as they had been in his previous one), so he hadn't ever given it much thought about it possibly being anything...'not to scoff at'. It was why he eventually just gave a small shrug as initial reply to Truce, though he wasn't going to argue against it. If the Silver Ladder felt it necessary to give out honor, he might as well put his name forth so it didn't seem like he wanted to hide things like that.

Or didn't want to be part of the Consilium or whatever other ridiculous social stigma might possibly be applied to him, otherwise. This was a pretty small community, after all, better not to unnecessarily step on any toes.

"Well, I guess so," he finally said in way of agreement with Truce, then gave a small grin as he half-jokingly added, "would I just need to inform you or file some paperwork?"

Page 7 of 10 First ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Last
Closed Thread