Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

Barbecue with TdS

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 2 of 6 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last
    Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

Active Spells: 1/6
    [Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Ok….this was weird. Seeing Star and Avis, Faye immediately felt under dressed. Where were Star and Avis and who or what were they replaced by?

Of course she returned the air kiss thing, would have been rude not to, but, really, what the hell? Were they being lured into a false sense of security for some hostile take over?

“Great to see you guys! So glad you could make it.” She gushed honestly.

She looks to Crowley and Truce, a slight look of confusion on her face before it was quickly replaced with a smile.

“July! Welcome, great to see you!" it seemed like forever since she last talked with him.

When Truce mentions her joining their ranks, she beams, it was a good fit.

At the mention of the kabobs, she laughs,

“They sound awesome! Love trying new foods, I’ll have to go check them out.” It was true, trying new things was a given for the Enchantress.

Shabby sheik? She thought the Sanctum was quite cozy and comfortable. Maybe she needed to add her touch with revamping furniture or something. Not that she cared about others opinions, but she was proud of the Sanctum. Sure, it wasn’t a movie theatre, but who needs one of those anyways. Besides, bet their electricity bill was cheaper.

2. Likes Yumyumcrow, West liked this post

Fisher

Extempor. Affinity: •••••
    Eidetic Memory

PRE

If the preppy duo unsettled the other cabal, and judging from their looks they were as disturbed about as much as Fisher was. Comparatively Fisher was rather normal for once in jean short shorts and a loose linen shirt.

"Hi guys! Thanks for having us!" she said with a broad enthusiastic grin. "Oh my god I could kiss who ever came up with this barbecue idea. Totally best idea ever!"

The thyrsus was clearly quite excited about the prospect of pounds of roasted, savory goodness. She figured that she would need to find a way to make it up to the other cabal for their thoughtfulness since she didn't bring a sanctum warming gift with her.

Fisher wasn't sure what the proper form of greeting was, but she didn't think Avis' was normal and wasn't brave enough to follow suit, especially since she didn't think they knew her well enough for hugging. Instead she settled for lightly clapping people on the shoulder or a good handshake to everyone in greeting. However, if anyone goes in for a hug, the thyrsus doesn't deny them.

She looked around the room as the decor is discussed and doesn't see anything wrong with it. Like usual, Fisher was a little confused by Star's behavior and now Avis.

Dear god he is multiplying...is it contagious?

"I don't know what that means, but I like the place...it could use more dirt and plants, but it's nice!"
    Fisher said honestly.

"I've been doing great and trying to keep busy. How about you guys?" She responds to Truce and waits for a response from the others if it is offered before turning to Crowley and approaching him to follow at his request.

4. Likes Yumyumcrow, West liked this post

Arthur

Obrimos of the Silver Ladder

Presence 4 - Cocky
    Striking Looks 2 - Slick Smile

Reality War -Titanic Ep1: H: 1rB/7 M:7/12:3, W:5/5

+1
    SL
    PRE

A brown bag hangs in one hand as Arthur watches Star and Avis do something. He's not really sure what's going on. No seriously the fuck is going on? The Ladder shakes himself out of it and throws a heads up to the Southern Witnesses. "Thanks for invite. I brought a party favor." Avis being no no on booze means Arthur had taken the slick route of stuffing a bottle of scotch into a brown paper bag. Because hiding it with magic would just look bad.

The bottle is removed and offered up to Crowley because the guy probably needs it still. That and it's an opener. "Feeling better?"
    Arthur, Obrimos of the Silver Ladder, SL2 (Slick Smile), Pres 4 (Cocky)

6. Likes Yumyumcrow, West liked this post

Free Council

Temoins du Sud, Doorwarden
    Crowley

Free Council

PRE

"Well... Yeah!" Crowley laughs, gleefully accepting the scotch.

He turned toward Fisher: "You should have seen the roof top garden we were cultivating when Flidais was here." A pause. "Of course... we kinda lost in the ah renovations." His face fell. "I'm hoping that I can rekindle that little tradition in the coming months..."

Back to Star with an eye dropping to the mysterious kabobs. "Challenge accepted."

8. Likes West, Yumyumcrow liked this post
    Avis
    Avis

Vulgar: Color drains from the immediate area and depth perception becomes temporarily skewed, everything seeming to draw in uncomfortably close, making rooms smaller and all but distant objects seem in reach.
    Vice: Color drains from Avis and her facial features seem indistinct and grainy, as though her identity is growing less defined.
    Virtue: Colors appear more vibrant and everything seems to become grander in scale.
    Merits

PRE

"But the challenge hasn't even been accepted, silly Crowley," Avis tittered, waving her racquet in a vaguely 'oh, you!' gesture as she 'laughed'.

"We'll just have to make a net! Otherwise we won't be able to smash the shuttlecock, as all the silly kids today like to say. But first, Truce, would you be a dear and bring out the Martini tray? Or did you hire a bartender? I bet you handled that, didn't you Faye? You certainly look like your fortunes have improved as of late."

And then Avis was laughing again, half falling against Star at the 'brilliance' of her joke.
    "Aw-Vee". Pres 2 (Moody). Mastigos, Adamantine Arrow. Trace of a Cajun accent.
    Defense: 8. 3 cloaked spells. Phone (pot 6), Belt (pot 5), Self (pot 2 +3) Spell tolerance: 1/3, Accumulation: 3/7

10. Likes West liked this post

Presence •• (Bookish)
    Truce

Fair-skinned and thin, Truce does not appear to get out much, choosing instead to pursue more studious endeavors. He appears as a typical college student, wearing button up shirts, slacks, and a sports coat at times. His hair is dark brown and wavy, his eyes hazel.

Spell List

Spiders: EGuard(3P,self)

PRE

Truce regards Arthur with a nod, having spoken all too recently with the Obrimos.

"Ah, that would be Faye,"
    says Truce in reply to Fisher's enthusiasm. "I thought it was an excellent idea to maintain a sense of familiarity between our two Cabals and avoid stepping on each others toes."

In the wake of Avis's laughter, Truce makes a skewed and knowing smile as he regards her and Star. "Very cute, you two," he remarks, making a guess at the game they were playing. "Drinks are in the cooler there and if you insist, we can always line up the chairs for a 'net'. Just try not to knock the shuttlecock into the grill. I don't expect it'll taste very good."

As Crowley mentions the renovations, Truce adds, "Yes, I suppose it could do with a little more decor. It's a big place and there's just the three of us for now. I wonder if the others will be forming their own Cabal or will seek fostering among ours."

"What are your impressions of the new Magi? Tuesday and Runner mostly. I've met with Strix but I haven't gotten to know the others very well,"​ he asks to the group at large.

12. Likes Cayce, Yog-Sothoth, West liked this post
    M
    Matrixchild

Listening to Star go on only made July confused. Who was this person and what happened to Star.

Looking to Faye he said, "Thanks, good to see you too." Deciding to chime in about the Sanctum he said, "the place is really nice." In a way it looked much more like a home than the theater did, but only because most people didn't think of a theater as home. Of course July had gotten used to sleeping in a room many times larger than a normal bedroom.

Then Avis continues the weirdness and he is only more confused, yet still not enough to comment. And did she ask about a bartender? Avis? Was it all an elaborate joke or was something else going on.

"Might be smart to look for some new members if you're worried about the size of the place. I'm sure they're looking for homes too." Every new mage was a wild card at the moment, but that's what cabals can help with, keeping people from being wild. Sometimes.

"Tuesday and Runner seem fine from what I've seen, though I haven't seen much of them yet. I feel like I need more time to have a better idea."

Varyx
    aka Vanessa Thomas

Tempting (Pres 4)
    Sultry (SL 4)
    Varyx, Apostate Mastigos

Nimbus

Varyx's nimbus is subtle - she still looks more or less like herself, but there's something about her, something difficult to put your finger on... She's always been beautiful, but it's magnified and somehow terrible. Something so lovely can't be human, and it gives the people around her the impression that maybe she doesn't have any humanity, either.

+2
    SL
    PRE

Varyx followed the rest of the group in, smoothing out her navy blue dress with perfectly manicured fingers as she stepped across the threshold. She offered a smile and wave to each of their gracious hosts. "Truce, Crowley, Faye. Thank you for having us. This looks great!" Her gaze lingered momentarily on Faye, because how could it not, after that evening at Asylum? She included a wink towards the lovely blonde, and took a quick look around the space. "I really like the space."

And then, with a small smile, she turned her attention to, really, what else by the antics of Star and Avis? She didn't know what the punchline of the joke was quite yet, but she was already finding it amusing. Her gaze continued to follow them, but she answered Truce's question; "I've met Tuesday. She seems like a sweet girl. I don't know her well, but she's pleasant enough to be around. I haven't had a chance to speak with Runner or Strix very much, however."

15. Bump West "Bump" this post
    Status
    (Entertainment)
    Status
    (News Media)
    New Identity
    (Jack Hoyle)
    Nimbus

The Mirage: Star appears translucent with overlapping and slightly offset images of himself in different identities/disguises.
    Supernal

OCC
    PRE

"Ho-ho, I hope no one minds a bit of my better half's humor!"

A deft hand caught Avis fall and he leaned in beaming. For a semi-posed moment, they were a picture-perfect image straight from a Brooks Brothers catalog. ...Literally. Check the tags on the clothing.

"I say, that is a capital idea, Truce."
    Since Crowley's drooling over the kabobs, they get offered and deposited in his hands. There's a fine art to freeing up one's hands at a party. For his now empty hands, the cooler is plundered and after showing several options to Avis, brings her one as well. "Tuesday, Runner, Strix? Wonderful. I love dishing on new arrivals."

A few swallows were taken of the beverage of choice -- which matches Avis' of course -- while the talk unfolded.

" Tuesday ?"
    A hand jutted out at the height of Tuesday's hair spikes, paused, then dropped to adjust for the hair. "Goes by Raw-ban in public? What a sweetheart. Now, you didn't hear this from me..."

Lean in for Gossip, people. Lean, lean!

"But I ran into her and Wayland , and pop my collars if that man isn't crushing like an orange soda."
    Nimbus in MiniSheet 2. Cloaked spells, no overt magical res. Scrut for deets.
    '...Watch With Glittering Eyes...'
    - Roald Dahl

17. Likes liked this post
    Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

Active Spells: 1/6
    [Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

“Hey Arthur!” she greets her fellow Ladder, “Party favors are always welcome!” she wasn’t sure what exactly was in the bag, but felt safe assuming it was some kind of alcohol.

And then Avis…and her weird attitude and her backhanded compliment. There were quite a few replies running thru the Enchantress’ mind, but she was going to play this her way.

A smile appears, “Well, I don’t have a martini tray, sorry, they're really not my thing. Though I do have some Absinthe and homemade beer if anyone would like.” Her voice sweet and kind. “I’ve never considered myself to have any ill fortunes, Luck being on my side most of the time.” Whatever crawled up her butt could stay there for all she cared, and she turns her attention elsewhere.

Hearing Truce and Fisher, “Hi Fisher! Good to see you. I agree, some more plants would be great, but I have a tendency to kill plants.” She says with a shrug.

“I’d actually been running a few ideas through my head on adding some décor.” Of course she planned on running it by the guys first.

It was hard not to notice Varyx when she entered a room, if you did, then you were dead or blind.

She caught the look and the wink, knowing it had to do with their night at the Asylum. An eye opening night for sure,

“Good to see you Varyx! We still need to get together soon for that chat.” She replies with a wink. Of course now there were a lot of other things to discuss.

It seemed Star was the go to guy for info on the new arrivals, so she listens. Making a note to try and get together with them at some point, sooner rather then later.

Page 2 of 6 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last
Closed Thread