Ended
Watch

(1608) Comfy Couch Convo

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
    M
    Matrixchild

Joseph found it fairly humorous the way David worded it his profession and admission of family line. Joseph wonder if it was the type of situation where the family dictated his choice in profession, almost like a self-fulfilling prophecy, or if he was a mortician well before being chosen. Or maybe it was one big grand coincidence. Life could be full of those at times.

He smiled as Vivian spoke. "Oh I'm jealous of you there," he said playfully to Vivian, his hand resting on her leg as he said it. "I enjoy my work, but I certainly wish I had more time for the 'mind poison.' Maybe you'll have to show me some good shows."

Joseph was surprised to say the least at Jacob's response. "It truly is necessary." He comment of defending the vigilantes was not lost on Joseph. "Oh I'm all for irony at times, but that might be going a little too far," he said with a chuckle.

The narrow of his eyes was imperceptible...almost. Joseph did not miss how he looked at someone who was becoming a very dear and close friend of Joseph. Clearly this one was jealous as well, though not playfully as Joseph was. "The world is quite large. Who knows what lurks in its vastness." Joseph had seen no evidence of anything but their kind existing, but he wasn't even sure he cared at this point what else was out there, if it was.

C
    Casitive

There are lots of things that go bump in the night other than Kindred. Briefly, as quickly as a person breathes and exhales, David wonders what happened to the woman with golden-skin. However, that's something for later, when it is needed, and when Maddox, or anyone else, asks the right questions.

At Greenberg's comment, David nods. “Very, very true. The night stretches out in every direction around us, and it helps to keep an open mind when we've been dragged into the Strange ourselves.” Lips draw themselves into a thin line at that, glancing between Vivian and Jacob each in turn.

V
    Vivian York

Turning to the newcomer, she didn’t show any irritation. She wasn’t even upset, but, he didn’t know her enough to make a statement like that. Appearances could be deceiving, much like that of the Haunt who wasn’t far from her. “I am fairly positive that my past is a wish that I wouldn’t cast upon anyone.” Vivian raised a brow at Jacob.

“Bartenders though, they have the privilege of hearing secrets some would never dream of hearing.” A slight smirk on her lips since those were her favorite to ask questions back in Tor

“I could definitely introduce you to some good shows. Some make me very hungry thought.” She laughed maniacally, but it was true. Hannibal did make her thirsty quite frequently.

“I don’t know about you all, but I enjoy being one of those things that people discuss as ‘things that go bump in the night’. It tickles me.” She was pretty sure that David wouldn’t agree, but he was surprising now and again.

M
    Matrixchild

Joseph nodded along with David's statement. While Joseph didn't seek to discover the secrets of the world, he was still a curious man. He always valued knowledge and information. Key resources for a Kindred. He always wanted more of it.

He could sense the tragedy in the words Vivian spoke. It was hard at times to guess someone's past, especially when they had as much of it as Kindred could. Strange enough it seemed Vivian also valued secrets. He wondered what she knew of those in the domain. "We all have more than enough time to fill," he said playfully. He found humor at times in the eternal nature of the Requiem.

He laughed slightly at Vivian's statement. "I find it interesting how wrong Kine get us though. I mean, clearly myths show they knew of Kindred at one point and yet now we have Sparkly Vampires or ones who explode when staked? It's like they heard stories twice or three times removed from reality." It was certainly strange to consider an undead creature reality.

David's glance between himself and Vivian reminded him why he never played poker. "Fair enough, but barely making rent each month and going to bed hungry after the kitchens tell you they've run out can make almost anything else seem appealing." The bitterness in his voice was poorly disguised. His expression, tone, and body language took an 180 at her comment, "I'd say you have no idea, but it seems you clearly do."
    "Certainly, a romantic thought, even if I'm going bump in the night for strays more often than I'd like." He let out another of his meaningless chuckles.
    "Truely, but it's been that way since almost the beginning. I for one have seen no Kindred have issues with crossing running water, approaching brandished crosses, or display an unusual repulsion from garlic; and yet, for hundreds of years Kine have believed those to be our banes." He shrugged, "I almost wonder if some Kindred spread that misinformation at times, keep mortals that get a little too close to the truth from finding it."

V
    Vivian York

Vivian’s brows knitted slightly. “There’s an old saying that is often forgotten; never judge a book by it’s cover.” She looked at Jacob again, her face softened into a pleasant state, no irritation in her demeanor. “I may never have a full idea of what you went through, however, you don’t know what I have been through either. Pain is something that can only be measured by the individual; something the world has misconstrued for longer than we realize.” The Daeva let the other words and implications fall silent, back to more pleasant things.

“You know, Jacob, spreading some false rumors could be what has maintained us over the centuries. Misdirection can be far more powerful than anyone gives it credit.”

She smirked and her lips curled while just the subtlest of comment from Joseph played back in her mind after switching the gears another direction. “And there is so much to fill with that time…”

Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 11

You do not have permission to view the list of names.