Ended
Watch

(1608) Comfy Couch Convo

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
    V
    Vivian York

Making her way and snatching up Greenberg ’s arm, she moved the lot of them to the side. Her arm gesturing to any who wanted to join. If not, she would hardly be offended, after all, she was merely a Whip in the Domain.

Grinning to David Regan , having no idea about the new person, she went on with her own agenda. “Now then, Mr. Maddox, time to be a little more informal. Do tell me a little about yourself.” Taking a seat, crossing her legs and patting the seat next to her for Joseph. Did she care that he was a Haunt, clearly not. He carried himself well, and that is all she gave a damn about.

Clearly, a difficult woman to say no too. He laughed softly, "In that case, I must insist on Jacob. What's there to say? I like school, I play a mean game of chess, and I'd like to think I can be funny. " He fell into an adjacent seat, crossing his leg smoothly, his foot moving to an inaudible beat. "I'm Canadian after a fashion, although I was born in the states. Thoroughly Academic although I try to stay down to earth through work." A conspiratorial grin follows, "I fear I fail miserably on that account. But, enough about me, tell me about yourself. From your accent, it would seem I'm not the only foreigner in town?" His grin softened as he awaited a response.

3. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post
    M
    Matrixchild

Joseph didn't have to think too hard about what to do, Vivian playfully made it clear she wanted to continue to enjoy his company, and he had no desire to resist. As she sat he followed her lead and sat right next to her, his own legs crossed so that the two of them were gently touching. Then he focused on Jacob. He wasn't sure the man was 'funny,' though of course he hadn't spoken to him long.

"You say you're Canadian after a fashion? I'm assuming that means you grew up there. What part?"

C
    Casitive

Following the group as they meander to the sofa, David settles on the edge of a nearby couch. It is as though he's afraid of taking up more room than he should or if he is somehow afraid of looking swallowed up by by the lush fabrics that anchor the room. Both of those fears aren't warranted for a beanpole of a man reaching six-feet, but the vestiges of his reticence remains.

Looking back towards where he started, David will offer welcoming nods to those others who join them. The grin Vivian York tosses David's way isn't missed and he responds with his own ghost of a smile.

However, David is content to listen and observe and keep his own counsel while the others get to know Jacob Maddox.

V
    Vivian York

Vivian was slightly more at ease now that he seemed to chuckle and relax a bit. “Very well, Jacob, and please call me Vivian.”

“Oh, what part of Canada? I spent many years in Toronto. Until the new tyrant of a Prince took over a few years back. I left there quick-smart soon after.” She wondered if that man’s reign carried through more providence’s than originally thought. Maybe he left for similar reasons.

“Miraculously, I’ve managed to maintain my accent despite living in Canada for at least 20 years or more. Believe you me, sometimes it was difficult considering I had to switch in and out of accents for business reasons.” Her face followed through to her words. There were business reasons, business of deceit and leading people on.

“What brought you to Sacramento?” There was nothing hidden behind her question, it was just straightforward.

He answered both of them at once, "Calgary, although I've spent time with relatives in Vancouver."
    He nodded at her departure rationale, and stopped smiling. "Similiar reasons for me, upper management had a -- disagreement -- with my Sire. Not sure what it was about but it resulted in her death." He grimaced, "not a pleasant time, it seems like we're quite lucky here with Prince Clarke. From what I've heard, and our experiences, tyrany seems the norm."

"What do you three," he glanced briefly at David forcing the smile back on his face, "do for work?"

M
    Matrixchild

He always found it intriguing how open Vivian seemed to be at times. Definitely a trait that other Kindred lacked. As Joseph listened to the back and forth of the two who understood the great white north Joseph just listened. It was never good to hear someone connected to 'disagreements' with princes.

As the conversation shifted back towards the group Joseph smiled and said, "I'm a criminal defense lawyer, though I do dabble in other law from time to time." While Victoria had chastised him for being so open about his trade, he had worked hard to maintain it over the years and thus was always happy to mention it to potential allies or clients.

C
    Casitive

Quiet conversation in a quiet court washes over David as he briefly observes the rest of the room. Only half an ear is afforded to the actual words used, paying more attention to body language rather than syllables. Much of what Vivian says is already well-known to David, but the revelation of what Greenberg does is interesting. There's a use in knowing the laws of the Kine and the loopholes they knowingly write in for themselves.

I'm a mortician,” David answers Maddox' question as his attention refocuses on group. “Besides the fact that I am a Mortician.” Somehow, the words are just different in tone enough to mean different things to different sorts of people: the dead and the walking-dead. Death is David Regan's breathing.

As of late, David has been tinkering with the idea of striking out on his own. It would be a bit like circling back though it would take some time. Something to talk to Vivian, Katya, and Ava about.

V
    Vivian York

“Work?” Vivian guffawed loudly. “Oh dahling I don’t work. I didn’t work when I was alive either. Though, I do spend some time with charities. So, if you want to call that ‘work’ that is what I do in my spare time.”

“Between watching terrible late night television, the Netflix thing. You know, mind poison is what they call it now, isn’t it?”

Thankfully her husband’s trust fund wasn’t about to run dry any time soon, and it wouldn’t. She was smart about money. “So, what do you do Jacob? Or, should I say, what have you done in the past?”

Vivian wasn’t going to go into the gory details of her past. Those were hers to give out and the lot in the future, if she chose. Maybe she really was an Invictus at heart.

Jacob raised his eyebrows slightly, "A thoroughly stigmatized profession, but one thoroughly necessary for any true democracy. Habeas corpus is the basis for maintaining all other freedoms." A brief pause. "You should look into defending some of those vigilantes if they get caught, the irony would be intoxicating."
    Jacob chuckled lightly to the pleasant symmetry of David's life and unlife.

Jacob's eyes narrow almost imperceptibly as his lips pursed slightly. Where I come from we call your kind oil-wives. "If only we could all live such a life" Jacob smiled thinly, "I worked as a Bartender, I'm looking for work now. Most of my time is spent with my studies, however."
    His expression quickly lightened with a laugh, "I confess to spending far more time than I should on the same diversion, finished Stranger Things the other night. Still somewhat scary even though our kind is one of the things that goes bump in the night. Maybe more so, makes you think if Kindred are real, what else might be?"
    That was definitely a fallacy although he wasn't sure which, a good conversation starter though.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 11

You do not have permission to view the list of names.