Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

Gleaming Onyx, Tarnished Lead

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 5 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5
    L

"We'll always be friends, Sasha. No matter what else we may become, we'll always be friends." Because that just didn't go away.

And as she kept talking, elaborating, it occurred to him that he might not quite have realized what she'd been asking. Really, it was entirely possible he was still not quite understanding it all quite right. This kind of thing...wasn't exactly a strong suit of his. He certainly knew that. So that left...forging forward through it as best he could.

"Well, I mean...you're beautiful, kind, gentle, earnest. More than that, even if I don't always open up entirely either," and this did in a way come back to the name she'd mentioned earlier, Terri. That was the uncertainty that hung over all of this. That made it so...complicated, "For a while you've been the only person here I really can confide in at all. And that...that means a lot."

"You've been special to me...I couldn't put my finger on an exact time, but you've been special to me for a while. But it never occurred to me that you might see me like this, before. That this...could happen." He found his thumb stroking lightly along her cheekbone as her head rested against his palm. And this time it was Rick who didn't quite realize he was leaning in, for a while. He pulled up a bit short as he caught himself.

But even after he did, he didn't pull back away.

S
    Sasha

What the Leaden said was something everyone seemed to typically say in these situations. That didn’t phase her. It usually felt empty and meaningless. Not so much right here and now.

“I hated when you left. Every time. I never got to say goodbye.” She wasn’t a priority to him back then, and sometimes it was probably an emergency anyway. The vacancy had been felt; even though the three of them never took a Motley pledge, she could feel it when they were gone.

“I’m really bad at communicating this sort of thing.” She began to glow again, not the embarrassed type. What was ‘this’ though. L’aire wanted to ask, but she was thinking things that were long past this moment. A fault of the Onyx, planning far ahead so they were always prepared. “I kind of made the staff fighting an excuse to be around you.” She admitted while her bottom lip slipped between her teeth a moment.

Her violets looked into his dark cloudy eyes. “You weren’t meant for me to see, until now.”

She felt her eyes slightly well. The Winter never liked to cry; especially now that they were a chilly reminder that could flow down her cheek. Instead, has he had gravitated toward her, L’aire pressed her lips on his again.

L

And that's an incredible note to wrap on, end scene.

Page 5 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5
Closed Thread