Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

Building Ladders

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last

Arthur

Obrimos of the Silver Ladder

Presence 4 - Cocky
    Striking Looks 2 - Slick Smile

Reality War -Titanic Ep1: H: 1rB/7 M:7/12:3, W:5/5

+1
    SL
    PRE

Business is the name for today. Sacramento needs to get in order and have order. That or the Libertines will get their desire for an assembly. Five candles are arranged on the table in an unconscious mirror of Arthur's thoughts. Three candles form a triangle, or maybe circle, in the center of the table. Opposite of each other and a foot apart from the trio two candles rest.

The three pillars of the Nation: Arrow, Mysterium, Guardians. Flanked and pulled on by the two groups with Vision. Ladder and Libertines.

Chairs surround the table, more than Arthur assumes is needed. But also a reminder of what needs to happen, growth. Fingers tap and a wand twirls as Arthur waits for the others. Patience may be a virtue but it's not one Arthur has mastered.
    Arthur, Obrimos of the Silver Ladder, SL2 (Slick Smile), Pres 4 (Cocky)

2. Likes Yumyumcrow, Orianna liked this post
    Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

Active Spells: 1/6
    [Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Arthur had been awesome enough to call a meeting, and they really needed it. With the Consilium in the state it is, they needed to figure out what their plan was. Rules and laws needed to be put into place, and the best way to do that was to come together and get it done. All be on the same page.

Not knowing for sure if there was any new Ladders, Faye dressed up a little.

Of course she shows up when she is supposed to, and breezes into the room with a smile.

“Hey, thanks for arranging this.” Greeted the Enchantress before holding up a container, “Brought some coffee.”

Presence •• (Bookish)
    Truce

Fair-skinned and thin, Truce does not appear to get out much, choosing instead to pursue more studious endeavors. He appears as a typical college student, wearing button up shirts, slacks, and a sports coat at times. His hair is dark brown and wavy, his eyes hazel.

Spell List

Spiders: EGuard(3P,self)

(Shield Duration (day))Mana 1 Spent
    PRE

Wearing the violet robe with brown trim and a lead clasp, Truce approaches the space within the conclaves where the Silver Ladder often met, or at least he believes they had. His memory is a little fuzzy on that. At least the robes are real, verifying his memory of having received them from Arthur during his induction. They hang over a black suit and silver tie. His class ring adorns his finger.

"Good evening, fellow Théarchs," he says in greeting as he approaches the table. The Necromancer eyes the pillars of candle-light before looking into the eyes of the Theurgist and Enchantress. "I expect we have a lot to discuss tonight. So shall we get to it? What is to be done to return the Consilium to order?"

His voice is ominous, a grim component likely given from the Path he walks. He implies that the Consilium has fallen into chaos, that the strange dreams and the shift in reality calls them to action.

Shield Cast at Sanctum, 2suxx
    Date Action Roll Result
    2016-08-02 17:11:03 Truce rolls 9 to cast improvised Entropic Guard [Gno+Death+HS] (10 Again) 6, 9, 2, 1, 2, 9, 3, 4, 4 2 successes

Arthur

Presence 4 - Cocky

+1
    SL
    PRE

The fingers stop though the wand continues to move. "Hey Faye, not a problem we have issues to talk about." A grin grows as she offers up coffee. Focusing only on the coffee lets Arthur avoid looking at other things Faye brought with her, namely that dress.

"Coffee is always good, evening as well Truce." A hand waves to the chairs and the wand is gently placed onto the table. "We need to ensure some form of structure. Otherwise the Libertines will get their Assembly."

"Problem is, I'm not sure how anymore. I thought Avis would assume the role of Heirarch but she didn't. So do we want to push for a Heirarch?"

6. Likes West liked this post
    Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

When Truce enters, a smile was offered to him as well,

“Good evening to you as well.” She replies as she pulls out the empty cups and cups filled with packaged creamer and sugar should anyone need them. Though why someone would murder the amazing taste of coffee with sugar was beyond her.

As she sits, “That we do!” she hoped their small numbers would mean they would get things figured quickly and efficiently.

Sighing, “To be honest, I had issues with her being nominated for the position. Don’t get me wrong, she knows what she is doing and isn’t afraid to do what needs to be done. But she lacks the social tact of getting it across without offending and angering others. And one can’t rule if no one trusts them, and I don’t think she has earned the trust of all that many.” But that was just her opinion.

“We obviously know the importance of a Heirarch, but it’s getting the others to realize it. But how can we push if we don’t have someone in mind that could fill the role? I believe until we can present them a viable candidate, they will keep pushing against it.”

8. Likes West liked this post

Presence •• (Bookish)
    Truce

Fair-skinned and thin, Truce does not appear to get out much, choosing instead to pursue more studious endeavors. He appears as a typical college student, wearing button up shirts, slacks, and a sports coat at times. His hair is dark brown and wavy, his eyes hazel.

Spell List

PRE

"The Charter states that a Hierarch must be chosen from among the current Councillors. And they should receive support from at least the majority of the Consilium. Avis has proven in the past to be a confident and decisive individual, and she already has supporters. But I would hardly count her as the wisest among us. I would agree that a Hierarch is necessary for maintaining order and tradition, but who is fit to lead us?" Truce asks as he rests his hands upon the table's surface.

"Each of us are currently Councillors of our respected Paths. Surely one of us can fill that role and restore the Silver Ladder's authority?" Someone has to say it. They would not make change or hold power if they shrank away from responsibility.

Arthur

Presence 4 - Cocky

+1
    SL
    PRE

Coffee is poured and offered around until everyone has some or has passed. Arthur adds a pack of creamer to his to give it a bit more flavor. None of the hard stuff though, business after all. Small sips pass as Faye and Truce speak their thoughts.

"I was hasty in throwing in for Avis. I was more focused on her being an accomplished Arrow than the points you both raised." That decision probably fucked up things quite a bit for the near future. Good job self. The coffee cup is placed next to the wand and elbows are propped onto the table. A low sigh runs through Arthur as he runs both hands through his hair.

"It has to be one of us then. Fisher is new to the Consilium and honestly I'm not sure how well she gets the goals of our society." It's possible that the Ladder wasn't prominent where Fisher comes from, or maybe the local Arrow is a bit divergent. A tiny voices shares an unwanted thought in Arthur's mind. Or maybe she's already dealt with death and knows what it is like.

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Nimbus

Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

She accepts the coffee with a smile of thanks to Arthur. The day she turns down something with caffeine in it is the day she was dead.

The cup is turned in her hands as she listens, lots of good points were made. But one of them? Eh.

“I agree, we don’t know enough about Fisher to cast our votes for her. Especially with her being new, I’d prefer to see how she performs and assists before putting her in that seat.” So that was it then, it was them three. A hand releases the cup and gently massages her forehead.

“With my past of coming and going, I don’t believe anyone would back me.” It sucked, but it was the truth. She didn’t plan on leaving again, but that doesn’t mean anything against her past actions. “But we do need to restore our authority among the Awakened. I personally want someone who is not only approachable, but able to take charge when it's needed. So who wants to do it?” she asks, looking between the two. The responsibility doesn’t worry her, and she might have thrown her hat in, but she didn’t have confidence that it would be backed.

Presence •• (Bookish)
    Truce

Spell List

PRE

Truce accepts a cup and pours himself some of Faye's coffee, if nothing else than for politeness that she made the effort to brew it. He holds off on drinking it, however, still deep in thought about their current predicament.

"I'm not even sure why we're entertaining Fisher as a candidate. Sure, she has a relaxed way of speaking that's perhaps more relatable to the common denominator, but a Hierarch needs to be in a league all their own, someone vetted and with proven experience. Arthur, you've been taking on the responsibility of maintaining our Order's affairs this last year, and you have experience as a Herald. And Faye, you've been a part of this Consilium longer than myself, and have taken part in shaping it. And as for myself, I've served as Councilor for some time now, though for a Path that has rarely exceeded a population of three. If either of you wish to take it, I will support you completely, but if not then I will assume that candidacy."

Though how he could hope to sway the Awakened outside their Order, he can't imagine. Throughout his holding of the Councillor seat he's felt like a laughing stock, and his ideas often rejected as naive or unrealistic. Even if he did pursue it, he would have to speak with Wayland and this newcomer, Strix, before he formally put in his bid for Hierarch.

Arthur

Presence 4 - Cocky

+1
    SL
    PRE

Fingers and hands fall to rest on the table. A small nod agrees with Faye's worry of support. Too bad as well, having two candidates would have given the Ladder better odds of securing the position. A few taps become a quiet symphony as Arthur thinks. "I.." Hands raise and twist to be palms up.

"I do not believe that I would be the best candidate. While I was Herald there were duties I could have done far better." Arthur's voice doesn't carry shame but recognition of his failings. He knows he should have done better. "I'll support you Truce. We don't only need to reassert authority we also need to forge unity. I agree with Faye about being approachable, we can't have a Heirarch that is distant right now. If our community grows then we can push back and have Councilors and the Heralds be buffers."

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread