Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Spells (3/3)

??? (Cloaked, Pot 4)
    ??? (Cloaked, Pot 6)
    ??? (Cloaked, Pot 7)

PRE

Wayland made it a point to know as many bars and restaurants in a city as possible, and Frank Fat's Restaurant was a gem he'd found. Not as private as some places he'd been, but good enough for his purposes tonight.

He'd booked the small banquet room and ordered the Chicken Wingo. I mean, how can you not order something like that. All that was left was to wait for the others to arrive.

B
    BlackWidowAus

Heading down 806th Runner checks out the menu for Frank Fat's. Hmm... The Yu Kwok sound interesting although I don't know why they don't simply call them 'dumplings' like everywhere else does.

Looking up Runner acknowledges that Wayland was right. It was only a couple of blocks away and he had arrived. After a quick chat with the staff at the front door, Runner finds himself walking into a small banquet room.

"Good evening Wayland. You haven't been waiting long I hope?"

Fisher

Extempor. Affinity: •••••
    Eidetic Memory

PRE

Fisher arrived at the restaurant shortly after Runner did, so when she asked the staff about a party waiting for people she was directed back to Wayland and his group.

Then after a look through the menu she placed her order with the staff for the half peking duck with water to drink. It was a little expensive, but duck sounded good to her at the moment and she wanted the guarantee of at least one good thing for she had no idea how well things were going to go over.

"Hey guys," Fisher said as she made her way into the room and found a place to sit down. "The food here sure smells good."

Wayland

Public Name: Richard "Richie" Holt
    Wayland

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Spells (3/3)

??? (Cloaked, Pot 4)
    ??? (Cloaked, Pot 6)
    ??? (Cloaked, Pot 7)

PRE

Checking the menu in front of him, he wondered if this was the right thing to do. But then, does it really matter? Either they agree to act on his proposal or they dont, and if not he can use this opportunity to learn a little bit more about the two new Arrows in the city. Knowledge is power after all, it just depends if you can forge it into something useful. That being said though, you need to raw materials first before you can make something.... at least without a crap-load of magic.

"Oh hey man." His head popped up to see Runner as he entered the room, who was followed not long after by Fisher. "Nagh not long, just chillin' here trying to decide what food's gonna be like, the heroin of Chinese food. Most of the stuff I eat's like, frozen pasta an' stuff and i'm all like, yeah i'm gonna smash this meal. Then I open it and it's like, it has a cheese scab on top yo! Those people who make those meals have no soul I swear, so yeah, i'm pretty stoked to be eating some boss food tonight. Totally starving hey."

After Fisher has entered and closed the door, Wayland gets a little serious and places his hands out in front of him in a 'I mean no harm' gesture. "Sorry, I just gotta check somethin' first. I dont have like, the Understanding to make this room totally secure, but, we all have our tricks right?" Closing his eyes, Wayland reaches out around the room with his magic, feeling for the telltale smell of copper. All listening devices use copper to conduct electricity, no matter how small. Initially he fails to hold the Imago in his mind as the presence of the other two mages in the room adds to his stress, but with greater resolve he reforms his image and it holds.

2 successes to find any copper hidden in the walls/room
    Date Action Roll Result
    2016-06-30 07:40:45 Wayland rolls 5 to cast Detect Substance (Copper) (Gno+Matter) -1 (10 Again) 7, 3, 8, 2, 9 2 successes
    2016-06-30 07:40:10 Wayland rolls 6 to cast Detect Substance (Copper) (Gno+Matter) (10 Again) 5, 5, 4, 7, 3, 1 failure

Feeling through the room, he is aware of the copper in the lights, feeding to each other, down to the switch and leading out of the room through the ceiling. The lone power point in the room trails up the wall and out the room as well. Satisfied there are no other sources of copper in the room, he turns back to the others. "Yo sorry about that. Just wanted to make sure we could talk alright. I'd still keep things vague, ya know, just in case of the crazies."

5. Likes West liked this post
    B
    BlackWidowAus

"That's perfectly fine. People in our... line of business, especially us in... security need to be constantly vigilant. It's one of the reasons I'm very interested in our discussions this evening, I think working with a team of like-minded and similarly-focused individuals, such as yourselves, is a fantastic idea not only for me personally but hopefully for our... organisation as well."

Reaching across the table for the spare menus, Runner hands one to Fisher and opens the other himself "Before we get deeper into that though, have you ordered yet? Shall we?"

Runner didn't mean to let himself wander like that but the idea of joining an arrow cabal was extremely exciting and this was one opportunity he didn't want to let slip through the cracks.

Fisher

Eidetic Memory

PRE

"Oh, my gosh you poor, poor thing," Fisher said in horror regarding his food choices. "Is that even food? You should totally take better care of yourself than that. Healthier food and working out is pretty important for the body, especially for us," she finished with concern in her voice and not in a lecturing or deriding fashion.

When he mentioned that he would be checking on things for security reason she relaxed a little kept a watchful eye on him and the area. She found a seat where she could see the door and plopped down.

"I mean yeah a person can live on that stuff, but food is like sex, it is meant to be enjoyed," she said with complete seriousness.

"So Runner, you're new too? Cool. Where you from?" Fisher asked curious.

8. Likes West liked this post

Wayland

Wayland

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Spells (3/3)

??? (Cloaked, Pot 4)
    ??? (Cloaked, Pot 6)
    ??? (Cloaked, Pot 7)

PRE

Picking up the menu again he gives it another quick perusal, "Nagh I havent ordered yet hey. I'm digging the Chicken Wingo though, just checkin' to see if there's like, something else I want."

Listening to Fisher go on about food, it's clear to him that she is totally a gastro-nerd. "Ehh, i'm more of a, gunnin' for expedience, kinda guy, so it's like, either somethin' quick and nasty or takeout tasty, ya know?"

B
    BlackWidowAus

"Ok, that's fine. I'm looking at the dumplings the ahh... Yu Kwok? But the Chicken looks nice too."

Turning to Fisher "I must admit that for me food tends to be more functional rather than anything else but I usually tend to eat quickly."

"But to answer your question, yes I am new to town. I've been here for only a few days. I'm from a small town called Colfax a few hours out from here. And yourself?"

Fisher

Eidetic Memory

PRE

Fisher took a menu that Runner had offered and looked through it while trying to avoid lusting too noticeably at all the delicious different options. Just because she already placed her order didn't mean that she couldn't appreciate the options.

"Oh, I already ordered on the way in, the peking duck sounded tasty," she said looking down at the menu answering Runner's earlier question and then back up at the others as they spoke. "I suppose I can understand that a bit Wayland, but what good is life if you can't enjoy the little things along the way? On the other hand I guess people enjoy all kinds of things not only food," she turned to Runner, "...and I suppose I've had to settle for functional rather than enjoyable food too, but even functional can be made to taste better with some added touches."

"Colfax huh? So relatively local that's cool, California is an interesting place so far. Great place for camping out with the mountains here. I'm from Haida Gwaii, or the Queen Charlotte Islands off the coast of British Columbia and up near Alaska. So pretty rural i guess."

12. Bump Cerberus "Bump" this post

Wayland

Wayland

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Spells (3/3)

??? (Cloaked, Pot 4)
    ??? (Cloaked, Pot 6)
    ??? (Cloaked, Pot 7)

PRE

Mention of Fisher's home drew his attention in. He'd been meaning to ask her some questions about that. "Hey Fisher, I've been meanin' to ask you about your people. Man, I hope like, that didn't totally offend you. It sounded better in my head." Totally yo. "Like, I don't know nothin' about the First Nations and that. Not many of them rockin' the streets in LA, ya know?" There was this one guy the crew used to talk about a few years ago. He used to go around talkin' it up like he was a Native American, but then the locals found out he was actually Sri Lankan and everyone got pissed off. That dude was lucky to leave town in one piece.

"Don't really know what I'm askin' I guess. Like, what was it like growin' up there?"

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread