(Pale Wraith)
    Alice Hart

Baddacelli
    Acolyte and Valkyrja of the Circle of the Crone
    Danger Sense ●
    Status; City ●●●, Clan ●●, Cov ●●

Lyssa Wolfe. Ghoul

Curse

Past her Albinism, Alice is naught but a doll, beautiful in her impossible perfection. Taking on a inescapable sheen of artifice, both movements and manner seem, hollow and fake. She's nothing but a marionette, limbs jerking and twisting as if pulled by invisible strings.

Marring her unnatural beauty are her eyes, or the lack of them, vacant pits of visceral horror.
    Stats

OCC
    +1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

As Alice's eyes look about the room, she wonders why the Prince's attentions are focused on Jack, and just what he'd done to have that attention. Was it a good thing? Or a bad one? Then her eyes see meet Katya's and she motions for her to approach David Silver, but it appears like the man had beaten her to the punch, and approached her instead.

Que miner internal freak out.

She didn't know what she was going to say! She'd not even thought about it. She very much like to plan her conversations in advance. Plus what would be safe to say in the midst of Court. With eyes and ears abound.

"Good evening to you as well Mr. Silver, that's very true. It has been too long." she settles for, and for the first time in a long time decides to let this conversation happen organically. Or as organically as she'd allow in Court. "How have you been?" she asks, and assumes that this would be a safe question.
    Health: | Willpower: | Vitae: | Mimetismo 1: Certain Sounds Active

David Silver

Circle of the Crone
    Rose Garden

4 blood

PRE

Silver considers mentioning his utter rage and frustration about the Temple and the scum of vampirism not worth their fangs that have defiled it. But Court is not the appropriate place. Perhaps later, he will mention it at the solstice. Perhaps.
    "I am excited, getting ready fro the summer solstice. It is the largest of the public rites that we hold, and it is one of my favorites, even if it is a memorial service. What abour yourself? I remember last time the conversation seemed to have gotten away from us all, and I wanted to hear your thoughts."
    He says with a smile, his tone inviting calmness and safety.
    BP1 | Presence 3-Serene

Presence
    (Disquieting)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Striking Looks
    (Pale Wraith)
    Alice Hart

Baddacelli
    Danger Sense ●

Lyssa Wolfe. Ghoul

Curse

Past her Albinism, Alice is naught but a doll, beautiful in her impossible perfection. Taking on a inescapable sheen of artifice, both movements and manner seem, hollow and fake. She's nothing but a marionette, limbs jerking and twisting as if pulled by invisible strings.

Marring her unnatural beauty are her eyes, or the lack of them, vacant pits of visceral horror.
    Stats

OCC
    +1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

Even within this vipers nest Alice finder herself relaxing in the presence of the shadow. If she's going to continue on the path the sheer aura of serenity that David gives off would be a blessing, but here at Court, it might loosen her tongue more then would be recommended.

Alice flashes David a smile. Though it's always to wide, and too-too fake. "That's true. There were how many of us gathered in our little group by the end of the evening?" Alice allows her fake-fake smile to leave, her lips settle in a more neutral cast. "And, sorry. But I can't seem to remember just what we were talking about. I remember, shopping, sparing, a few varied deities..."

"Yes, Senecshal Harding mentioned the solstice to me, and I'm planning on attending." Alice admits, if this is a public rite then it should be safe to say, she's still worried over Gilroy's reaction to her new dating scene. "But I must confess I don't know anything about it!" tilting her head, "It's a memorial service?" Alice asks, it would be best if she got some info before the solstice on the solstice, including the others things Katya had asked her to think on, and find out.

David Silver

Circle of the Crone
    Rose Garden

4 blood

PRE

"Yes, there were many topics that we flitted about." David says with a light chuckle and a smile. "But perhaps I should ask after your thoughts now on those topics. Now that the storm of conversation has calmed, what are your thoughts on what we discussed that night?" He seems to be trying hard not to pressure her into saying anything, instead giving her openings to express her thoughts as she wants.

His smile grows wide, reaching up to his eyes at her declaration of intention to attend the Rite. He then begins a more professorial tone as he discusses the rite, his passion evident in all of his words. He cares deeply about the Crone.
    "I am glad to hear of your attendance. The summer solstice is a very important rite to how the Crone is celebrated here. With the summer sun and the long days, we mark how hard this life is on our kind, and how many of us have died in the past year. It is a commemeration of their memories, as well as an open time to grieve their loss. With how dangerous our existance is, it is rare that we do not commemorate anyone.

Like all crone rites, we start with a homily, and utilize a call and response system from the participants. We welcome thsoe who wish to observe and not participate, but most find themselves participating to some form or another."
    David is reminded of tiny Martha and her offering for the Joy cycle, and how she called back so forcefully, 'the sun does not come!'. A warm smile comes to his face unbidden.
    BP1 | Presence 3-Serene

Presence
    (Disquieting)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Striking Looks
    (Pale Wraith)
    Alice Hart

Baddacelli
    Danger Sense ●

Lyssa Wolfe. Ghoul

Curse

Stats

OCC
    +1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

"Hmm...you're right that it was like a storm. Confusing, almost like we in the center of a cyclone...or something...but over all the topics?" Alice asks, "I"m not so much for shopping as my conversation with Whip Antinori and Brittany would lead you to believe. Most of everything I do is done over the internet. It's just easier. For sparing, it's always good to keep in practice, whether you normally run and hide, or confront your foe, and as for the varied deities...I don't know enough to make an opinion, but I'd like too." she says softly, worried that Gilroy would over hear.

She knows what Katya sounds like when she speaks of 'the dark mother', 'the crone', and now she's hearing what David Silver sounds like, his clam serenity shifting into a sweeping, and convicting passion...it make Alice a little fuzzy inside. Wondering if she continues down this path, she'll feel that certain about something. She really wants to.

As David speaks, Alice tries to imagine just this Summer's Solstice with have in store by David's words. Then she wonders just who else will be in attendance, and just what she'll discover about the Domain during the rite just by who's being commemorated.

Before Alice makes move to comment, she watches as a warm smile grown upon David's face, and she's wondering just what put it there.

"In the past, just who's attended the solstice?" Alice asks, in part because she'd curious, and because she wants to know just who she needs to steel herself to see.

Presence
    (Disgusting Vermin)
    Status (Lancea)
    Status (Academia)
    Emotional Detachment
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Kenneth Gilroy
    Nosferatu Lancea Sanctum

Allies 1 (Academia)
    Allies 1 (City Hall)
    Allies 2 (Public Works)
    Contacts 1 (Academia)
    Status/Social

Presence 2
    Mask of Tranquility
    Status 1 (Covenant - Lancea Sanctum)
    Status 2 (Academia - Research Fellow)
    Allies 1 (Academia)
    Allies 1 (City Hall)
    Allies 2 (Public Works)
    Contacts 1 (Academia)
    Emotional Detachment 1

NOS
    PRE

The High Worm slunk towards the conversation between David and Alice, looking grim in a way that could make you shudder. Had he overheard? His timing certainly seemed to suggest he had.

"Mr. Silver, Caretaker Hart. How are you doing this evening?" Gilroy's fingers twitched constantly as he spoke.

"I'm sorry to interrupt, however, Caretaker Hart, you should be aware that we will be hosting the official court next month in the Caldarium. Will you and Mr. Greenberg be able to have the space completely ready in that time?"
    Mask of Tranquility
    Curse - Looking at Kenneth you feel disgust, as if you saw a lowly yet dangerous vermin.

David Silver

Circle of the Crone
    Rose Garden

4 blood

PRE

"I am doing well Bishop. Thank you for asking." David says with a smile. Perhaps they are to engage in some more dueling of words. Then the unclean maggot opens his mouth, and David thinks. What is the Caldarium? Does he ask now? Or wait for the official court to find out? To ponder more then. But his interruption is left uncommented on. He has no interest in getting between the Priscus and his clanmember.

"I'm sorry to hear that the two of them don't hold your interest in shopping. They seem to both have excellent taste. Though its good to have your own interests, and the internet is a far more efficient aquisition vehicle." David says with a chuckle. Perhaps he should offer to go with Alessandra and Brittany on their shopping expeditions? Maybe they will find something for him that is not just white. Cream perhaps?

"An excellent question. In the past, our gatherings have been attended by those of the Invictus, the Dragons, and the Carthians. Usually we have an inner circle for those who are participating, and an outer circle for those who are guests. l would attempt to impress you with their names and titles, but that was not important. What was important was that they came to learn of the Circle, and our ways." David says with wistful rememberances of Martha and Dr. Swift calling back in a strong voice. Seeing the negative reaction to his non-answer, he nods, and then adds, "But to answer, Lance Rayner and Dr Swift and Martha Villiers were all guests at previous events."

Saving the best for last, he finally gives his thoughts on the gods and goddesses for her"As to the last, I have been thinking about it. Someone who you may be interested in learning more of would be Vidar, true patron of many of our kind. But perhaps another more understated choice, especially with your current task, might be Ganesha." David says with a smile. Her smile might never be real, but tht was irrelevant to the Goddess. She was not a kind goddess, and would punish lies and falsehoods in her own, cruel way.

"
    BP1 | Presence 3-Serene

8. Likes liked this post
    Presence
    (Disquieting)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Striking Looks
    (Pale Wraith)
    Alice Hart

Baddacelli
    Danger Sense ●

Lyssa Wolfe. Ghoul

Curse

Stats

OCC
    +1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

Gilroy appears as if wishing him not to made it so instead. He'd heard. Her thought screech out at her, before they're rolling he'sheardhe'sheardhe'sheard

It's her name, and new tittle that draw her back out from the the spiral her mind had become.

Numbly Alice echos the words spoken by David as to how she is this evening. Then her mind restarts properly when Gilroy asks her about the Caldarium, while simultaneously learning that they would be hosting court next month.

She doubts her says that she wanted to leave her work on the Caldarium for a while to be enjoyed by those of the Deep Kingdom. "If there is a certainty that Mr. Greenberg will be able to help, then yes." she nods firmly. Her mind going over the plans that had been drawn up, and her resources available. Just because she wasn't currently working on it, didn't mean that she had been idle. "Though we might have to settle for lesser quality lanterns. I was planning on ordering them from a specialty company, but to debut the Caldarium next month, we might have to settle."

Then seeing as David wasn't making a big deal with the Bishop among them, continuing on with the conversation they were having before, Alice tries to relax, and continue as he had.

It helps when David chuckles at her opinion on shopping, agreeing with her, that online was the way to go.

"Wow, so many different kindred attending, it will be interesting to see who attend this solstice." the resulting smile affixed to her doll-like features, looked fixed and fake. "I'm sorry, but I'm only familiar with Miss Martha." Alice says, curious about the other Kindred mentioned.

Then at last there is advice for the Acolyte, and proof that she's looking into other avenues of expressing her faith, but hadn't Katya said something about trials and tribulations....? If she couldn't continue down this path because of pressure from a man who she'd not made any formal vows of her faith about, then why should she continue anyway?

With that realization in mind Alice nods, and tires to keep the names in her memory. "Thank you for your advice. Though I might need the spellings written down so I might be able to research properly, instead of spending more time on Google trying to figure out who I'm after then learning what I should."

10. Likes DrDog, Yumyumcrow liked this post
    Presence
    (Disgusting Vermin)
    Status (Lancea)
    Status (Academia)
    Emotional Detachment
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Kenneth Gilroy
    Nosferatu Lancea Sanctum

Allies 1 (Academia)
    Allies 1 (City Hall)
    Allies 2 (Public Works)
    Contacts 1 (Academia)
    Status/Social

Presence 2
    Mask of Tranquility
    Status 1 (Covenant - Lancea Sanctum)
    Status 2 (Academia - Research Fellow)
    Allies 1 (Academia)
    Allies 1 (City Hall)
    Allies 2 (Public Works)
    Contacts 1 (Academia)
    Emotional Detachment 1

NOS
    PRE

Kenneth nodded. "Well, if it doesn't seem a certainty, let me know a week ahead of time. I'll ensure it gets taken care of personally." And woe betide Greenberg if that happened. Contributing to the Caldrium had been one of things the worm had hinged tenancy on.

Kenneth kept his expression neutral when David spoke again to Alice. It appeared his fears were well founded after all. The pale wraith was looking into not only attending the Solstice but finding a 'personal deity'. It was a little sickening to think of her joining the disorganized pagan amalgamation that was the Circle of the Crone. But then, was hardly bastion of purity with their bastardization of Kine sects. More, he hoped her investigations into the Circle didn't mean he'd lose her as an ally. Or worse, lose her to fanaticism. Kenneth noticed the Silver hadn't mentioned any Lances of the religious sort as having ever attended.

"Thank you Caretaker. I'll let you get back to conversation." There was still several things he needed to take care of tonight. "It was good seeing you again Mr. Silver." He said with a twitching bow to them both. And like that he was gone, like a cockroach scattering when light was turned on.

Kenneth returns to the main thread.
    Mask of Tranquility
    Curse - Looking at Kenneth you feel disgust, as if you saw a lowly yet dangerous vermin.

David Silver

Circle of the Crone
    Rose Garden

4 blood

PRE

The pathetic worm disappears like an odor that found a window opened, yanking it back out in the collective, and no longer David's problem. David does his best to hide his releif at the departure of the Bishop.
    "Miss Martha was one of our most interested attendees. I haven't seen her of late, but I was going to pass on a personal invitation for her. She provided the first sacrifice for the Winter Solstice ceremony back in 2011. It was one of our most fun solstices, which is to be expected for a celebration of Joy. Each year we focus on a different aspect of our existance; an emotion a state of being, and other facets. That year was a focus on Joy, in its incarnations. This upcoming year is still in flux." David adds, remembering Arianna's insistence on knowing what was the upcoming Cycle's theme. The stars showed hints, the kindred community's troubles provided clues, and the entrails of the sacrifices offered augeries. A lot would depend on this summer's solstice, so it was up to him and Katya to show well to the guests. Lest the goddess be offended, and one of the 11 occur.
    Daivd's face grows momentarily dark, before he smiles at her request for names.
    "Here." He pulls up his phone and puts Vidar, son of Odin and god of Silence and Vengeance, and Ganesh, the remover of obstacles into the text field, allowing her to put her number in the To line.
    "Vidar and Ganesha are quite different, but I look forward to hearing your thoughts on them." And so begins the first test. The God of Vengeance adn the Remover of Obstacles. How will she reconcile, or will she lean to one or the other. Her reasoning will be Key. He debates asking her of the Tree and the Twig, but perhaps she is not yet ready for that step, to maintain her interest with her priscus, and Regent present shows a character strength David was not expecting to see. Not yet at least. What more of the chaff can be sifted away from her? The tree and the twig will give more answers later.
    BP1 | Presence 3-Serene

13. Likes liked this post
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread